Options

Apoc or Archangel

I have both unawakened, and one mutant gem, I know apoc doesn’t need his awakening, but I wanna take either to rank 3 or 4, so thoughts?

Apoc or Archangel 60 votes

Archangel
90%
MasterSmokeTalha305RajazuffyallinashesphillgreenTerraFoxhero007CassytntslLogan00Rayven5220Justcause102JChanceH9LordSmasherAyden_noah1Opxcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeTP33xLunatiXx 54 votes
Apoc
10%
smdam38BuggyDClown__SF__Messy151jdschwRDR2Jammy 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    And use the gem.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    Archangel
    Apoc was good a while ago when we were getting a few good mutants and it was viable to run him alongside them in war and questing.

Now with the diversity of defenders and nodes he’s become much less effective, you simply don’t have space to use him on your team for the relatively small bonuses he grants other mutants. His synergies with gambit, psylocke, prof X and Wolverine were meta defining a long time ago. But now the game is at a stage where those champions are frankly less relevant. Furthermore his bonuses are almost obsolete in battlegrounds, and unless you are silly enough to try fight him with a mutant he’s not a tough defender to kill.

Archangel is timeless. Has been and always will be the best option for 99% of fights where you can bleed an poison them. He shines in AW, AQ, questing, battlegrounds. Almost every new piece of content introduced has a fight which archangel can trivialise.

He was my first 5* back in 2019 and he’s been an MVP on my roster to this day, where I’m now using the maxed out 6* version. You will not regret taking up archangel, apocalypse you just might.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,364 ★★★★
    Archangel
    If Apocalypse was a 7 star he would be back in the meta
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,761 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    Archangel is better.

Apoc is still useful.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 879 ★★★
    Apoc
    If you can’t archangel at r3, I don’t think r4 will.