Options

Enquiry about ban

Hello, I’m quite confused about a ban I’ve received? I’m not sure when it even happened as I haven’t played in months.

So for some context. I’ve been playing this game for years on and off. Earlier last year I made the push and explored 8.1 and 8.2 . But decided to walk away from the game as I life just happened. I even remember the last time I played. I had signed up to a beta test 8.3 but never actually completed it. I remember I was still mid quest on the beta server but never finished it.

Shortly after the next month I tried to log on I saw I still had access to the beta server for some reason, I figure cause I was mid quest. As it’s prompted me to continue the quest. I clicked it out of curiosity just to see what would happen but the was an obvious error message that was displayed. I then did try to log in normally but the same error message occurred (can’t quite remember what it said). But I just took it as a sign to maybe take a break from the game as I was feeling pretty burnt out anyways.

Now to present days I’ve been feeling like hoping on seeing the progress on act 8. But now it says my account has been permanently closed? The reason was breach of ToS. Specifically use of unauthorised 3rd party software (ToS: 11). But the issue is I haven’t? I’m not even sure what this means, as I play on a iPhone 12. I’m aware that using an emulator or something of that sort can cause this isn’t the case in my situation.

Could I get some clarification on this closure of my account? And when it even happened? I’m sure it’s available in the meta data, as I’d like to contest this. I mentioned the context as I wondered if it had relevance as to why it was thought that I used 3rd party software.

I would appreciate any help here. I had a lot of progress that I just don’t have the heart to let go off.

Comments

• Options
    NiftyNishNiftyNish Posts: 13
    ahmynuts said:
    This is hilarious 😂
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,240 ★★★★★
    You sure you didn't "give" your account to your cousin while you took a break ? Just asking
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Hmmm have you by any chance shared your account with someone? That can lead to a ban.
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 480 ★★★
    This actually seems like it could be legit. For all we know he could be lying, but I’d like @Kabam Crashed to comment on here
  • Options
    edited May 8

Hmmm have you by any chance shared your account with someone? That can lead to a ban.

Absolutely not. Wouldn’t do that cause my card and such is connected to it. Besides, there is only one other person I personally know that plays MCOC and he stopped well before me. I’m being honest here, I haven’t used any emulators, or given out my account details.

It’s actually why I wanted to see when the ban occurred cause I traveled quite a bit for work last year as well as for vacation to places like USA and Japan. Just want to know why, it happened and when cause then I might be able to understand the ban. I know it’s taking my word for it to an extent which is the tricky part here. The only way I can understand this is if the wierd glitch with the beta had something to do with it or if I was travelling (although I don’t think it was this cause I’ve travelled and played before without issue and it specifically stated it was because of unauthorised 3rd party software). Cause at least then I can somewhat prove in once here otherwise I’m not sure how I will.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Wong_99 said:

This actually seems like it could be legit. For all we know he could be lying, but I’d like @Kabam Crashed to comment on here

Yeah I was thinking about this, this is all kind of “taking my word for it”. Thats why my only hope at the moment is that it’s cause of one of the reasons I previously mentioned cause at least then I can prove that it wasn’t use of 3rd party software. Otherwise it’s going to be tough for me to prove.

• Options
    How do I open a ticket about the issue? Cause it might be a better way to tackle this
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,834 Guardian
    let me see if i can get an answer. No promises
  • Options
    Hold on

The account linked to your forum email isn't banned. You sure you aren't trying to log into the wrong account?

Well that’s a relief but unfortunately yes. This is my only account. Maybe I need to delete and reinstall the game? It doesn’t currently give me the option to log in or out in its current state.
  • Options
    I’ll try that and report back if it worked or not.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Well, it didn’t give me the option to log in. I assume it just remembered my log in details. Keep getting the same message. How do I log out in this situation?

• Options

You will have to reach out to support, I have no idea why you would be seeing that message because your account isn't banned.

Thanks for letting me know. Relieved that I wasn’t banned though, but suppose now I just don’t know why my game is broken😂 How do I go about reaching the support team?

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,797 Guardian
    NiftyNish said:

Absolutely not. Wouldn’t do that cause my card and such is connected to it. Besides, there is only one other person I personally know that plays MCOC and he stopped well before me. I’m being honest here, I haven’t used any emulators, or given out my account details.

It’s actually why I wanted to see when the ban occurred cause I traveled quite a bit for work last year as well as for vacation to places like USA and Japan. Just want to know why, it happened and when cause then I might be able to understand the ban. I know it’s taking my word for it to an extent which is the tricky part here. The only way I can understand this is if the wierd glitch with the beta had something to do with it or if I was travelling (although I don’t think it was this cause I’ve travelled and played before without issue and it specifically stated it was because of unauthorised 3rd party software). Cause at least then I can somewhat prove in once here otherwise I’m not sure how I will.
    If you don't share your MCOC game account with anyone, do you share your iTunes or Google Play account with anyone? Is it possible someone else with access to your iTunes or Google Play account installed the game and linked it to your Apple/Google account and then got banned, and that's the account you are automatically trying to log into?

If you actually have a Kabam ID and password and could log into the game in theory, you might try logging out of Game Center and then trying to log into the game without allowing the game to automatically log you into your linked game account, using your Kabam ID and password directly. Perhaps you are attempting to auto-log into an account that is banned, but that account is not the account connected to your forum account (as Crashed mentioned).
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 450 ★★★
    Awesome that Crashed replied to your post. Now you can write support with actual proof that something is wrong.
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 48
    Just log out from your game centre or Google play games and then try a fresh install. It should ask you to enter your log in details
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,917 Guardian
    edited May 8
    Submit a Request (link)

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m wondering if maybe because your “current/saved” login was still to the BETA Server (ie, the one that loads automatically when you start the game and don’t change profiles). And since that account (which technically is different from your actual account, ie, changes to progression, champs, etc, do NOT carry over from BETA to Main).
    And since that Beta Account of yours is now gone (I assume they just delete everyone's Beta Accounts at some point after Beta is over).

That the game still trying to log you into Beta Account and it no longer existing, is what gives you that message you posted earlier. Thinking your Account was Deleted (which technically, yes, that Beta Account was deleted by now).

(Haven’t done a Beta, but guessing maybe normally the 1st time re-starting game after Beta ends, the accounts are probably not deleted yet, and the game GRACEFULLY tells you that you have to switch back to your MAIN Account) ???
    And that because this person did not run game for some time afterwards, this happened ?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,917 Guardian
    (and note, fyi)
    There have been examples of other people, where if they had *one* of their accounts either get banned, or deleted, etc, and that account was the last one they had been “auto-logging” into.

Then next time they start game again, there is NO WAY to bypass this Error message that would come up and get to the point in game where you can choose a different account.

This has happened to some people, even without BETA aspect being involved with the issue.

That actually might be a design issue Kabam could look at in the future. If they ever want to implement easier “account switching between different Alt. accounts”, they might want to look at that issue as well.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,797 Guardian

Submit a Request (link)

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m wondering if maybe because your “current/saved” login was still to the BETA Server (ie, the one that loads automatically when you start the game and don’t change profiles). And since that account (which technically is different from your actual account, ie, changes to progression, champs, etc, do NOT carry over from BETA to Main).
    And since that Beta Account of yours is now gone (I assume they just delete everyone's Beta Accounts at some point after Beta is over).

That the game still trying to log you into Beta Account and it no longer existing, is what gives you that message you posted earlier. Thinking your Account was Deleted (which technically, yes, that Beta Account was deleted by now).

(Haven’t done a Beta, but guessing maybe normally the 1st time re-starting game after Beta ends, the accounts are probably not deleted yet, and the game GRACEFULLY tells you that you have to switch back to your MAIN Account) ???
    And that because this person did not run game for some time afterwards, this happened ?

As far as I am aware, there is no separate "beta account." In fact, given some technical details about how the beta works, I'm pretty sure its the same account. What's changing is which servers that account is trying to log into, not which account is being used to log into the system.
  • Options
    On a side note, any advice on where to start? I’ve 100% Chapter 1 & 2 in Act 8. And is it worth it to still invest in 6 stars or are 7 stars the name of the game now?
  • Options
    Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 212
    NiftyNish said:

On a side note, any advice on where to start? I’ve 100% Chapter 1 & 2 in Act 8. And is it worth it to still invest in 6 stars or are 7 stars the name of the game now?

i'd say the 6*s are still valuable but the meta is quickly shifting to 7* now since their availability has increased over the past months