**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bug Fix to resolve Force-Quit Exploit

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Posts: 532
edited May 15 in General Discussion
Hello Summoners,

The game team will be pushing a bug fix today to resolve an issue where Summoners were able to force restart the game in order to avoid health penalties in some modes.
We understand this bug was exploited across different modes, by some. At this time there will be no further action on these individuals.
We are aware this has implications in the current Alliance War season, in particular at the highest level of competition. We will not be removing previous wars from this season. The ripple effect this action has would be likely to punish many Summoners who played fairly.
The team will continue to monitor the situation and discuss how to ease frustration around this topic and we'll add more information here if we have more to share.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    Deacon said:

Typhoon said:

People who blatantly cheated getting away scott-free seems wrong.

takes time to identify i'd imagine. we were MOST DEFINITELY hit with it ... wondered how in the world some of our defenders got plundered with no deaths when the fight so visibly started and ended and reset .... and then soon we realized oh something is going on.

oh well.
    No way to identify, they probably can only identify 50% of those people if they don't want to punish wrong people, what about the rest 50%? What about those who just tried for a couple of times to verify the bugs? Just impossible.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,615 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

Typhoon said:

takes time to identify i'd imagine. we were MOST DEFINITELY hit with it ... wondered how in the world some of our defenders got plundered with no deaths when the fight so visibly started and ended and reset .... and then soon we realized oh something is going on.

oh well.
    No way to identify, they probably can only identify 50% of those people if they don't want to punish wrong people, what about the rest 50%? What about those who just tried for a couple of times to verify the bugs? Just impossible.

This is why I'm glad they didn't just start blasting
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited May 15

Deacon said:

Typhoon said:

oh well.

I don't have all the answers, but seems like if they just focused on AW and people who force closed more than twice it would probably identify the majority of the abusers. Cross-check that against people who historically have issues with disconnects/AB loss from DC in AW and you can tease them out. Personally I don't care about it being abused in incursions, whatever, but it feels like there should be a punishment for abusing this in a competitive game mode.

Hope they come up with a thoughtful resolution for this.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,615 ★★★★★
    edited May 15
    Typhoon said:

Deacon said:

Typhoon said:

oh well.

Cross-check that against people who historically have issues with disconnects/AB loss from DC in AW and you can tease them out.
    This makes sense when the game has been having major crashing issues these last couple months for many players. /s
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Typhoon said:

Deacon said:

Typhoon said:

oh well.

Cross-check that against people who historically have issues with disconnects/AB loss from DC in AW and you can tease them out.
    This makes sense when the game has been having major crashing issues these last couple months for many players. /s
    Like I said, I don't have all the answers. I just don't like that cheaters are getting away with something.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    I’m sure that is going to trigger a fire from many perspectives. One takeaway is all who used the unfair advantage got off free unless they can figure out who -what -when. Doesn’t look promising.

If your alliance was honest but impacted with proof - you get a sorry you still lose the points for the round(s) and a “bug fix update”.

Honest clean alliances having a great season and doing it the right way with no impacts from the bug I get the consideration especially for podium.

Honest clean alliances impacted by something Kabam knows was happening and Rounds 1-6 had players exploit the bug for unfair advantages (at all levels) just sucks. No matter how you look at it - current rankings weren’t all honest. This isn’t an assumption and we are having to roll along with it.

We hope the patch fixes this mess. At the end of the day this season results are INCONCLUSIVE - if - impossible for Kabam to determine what players cheated.

Optimism is LOW but good luck to Kabam Team as they continue to look at the situation past and present. For those like me - time to move forward in how we choose. (2) AW seasons in a row impacted by unfair advantages for opponents outside a player control. Speaking of control - players who straight used the foreclose had FREE WILL of CHOICE to use an unfair advantage.

I hope Kabam looks at this real hard. It doesn’t sit well to even look at the leaderboard right now knowing and those in the alliance that we “loss” to acknowledged their player cheated to lock up the Round 6 win.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 435 ★★★★
    Well, I guess cheaters do prosper after all.
  • Options
    BloodyCrueltyBloodyCruelty Posts: 64
    I got thrown out of the game and I also rage quitted in a fight. I didn't know about the bug and was just happy that I didn't loose health. Iam glad that they don't ban.
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 73
    How about the game crashing after clearing chapter bosses in act 8? Mass cleared them legitimately this weekend and when the fight ends somehow the "connection is lost." I go back into the quest and it shows the boss is beaten.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 77
    This is extremely poor to keep the season going... it speaks to the integrity of people that make the decision at Kabam to keep going.

Then again, Kabam employee can detect accounts that have been piloted yet still no permanent ban... go figure
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 491 ★★★★
    Valmez said:

This is extremely poor to keep the season going... it speaks to the integrity of people that make the decision at Kabam to keep going.

Then again, Kabam employee can detect accounts that have been piloted yet still no permanent ban... go figure

We have to be realistic, force-quit 100 times in low tier war may have zero impact, do it once in top tier war may have cascading impact on all top-10 alliance, how can we know that one time quit is an accident or not.

There is no solution for this bug, although season cancellation can still control damage.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 491 ★★★★
    Silverac said:

"The ripple effect this action has would be likely to punish many Summoners who played fairly."
    By not going after cheaters, you are basically punishing the alliances who lost to cheaters. This doesnt sound fair to me.

I agree but you don’t know if other 29 members of your alliance exploited the bug or right? Nobody will stake his life on integrity of other 29 people, so you don’t know if you are victim or not, as I said in previous comment, one restart can change the whole season of top-10 alliances, but nobody can tell the one restart is accident or intended.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    To avoid force quit ... Make the game easier
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 ★★★★★
    More like, whales get saved again
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    Great Incursions got shafted again.
    I thought after all this time kabam finally found a way to make the pre fights last even if the game crashes and kicks you out but no, there pre fights fall off again.
    I guess that just solidifies it that kabam can do it but they DELIBERATELY AREN'T, I still don't understand why tf the prefights can't stay if the game just crashes in your face and kicks you out
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    I thought after all this time kabam finally found a way to make the pre fights last even if the game crashes and kicks you out but no, there pre fights fall off again.
    I guess that just solidifies it that kabam can do it but they DELIBERATELY AREN'T, I still don't understand why tf the prefights can't stay if the game just crashes in your face and kicks you out
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,559 ★★★★★
    edited May 16

I honestly thought when this bug appeared in incursions that it was on purpose and not a bug. Prefights/cross-fights stay, but they didn't introduce the special revive incursion items we were accustomed to for special incursion events. I thought wrong, really wrong (and had no idea that this was happening in War, where I can see that that would be a problem).
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    I honestly hope Kabam investigates at least masters/high plat1 wars in detail because for this to go unpunished would feel really unfair.