A very roundabout way to tune down Onslaught

ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
Putting aside his absolutely disgusting and horrendous AI (seriously, wtf is going on with this fight?) I wanted to brefily mention this about the fight itself.

Whether it was a good or bad decision, Kabam decided not to tune down Onslaught as a champion himself so to me this looks like they "threw us a bone" and gave us the next best thing.

This fight is very much in the same vein as the Dani Moonstar fight from WoW (except this one has to be controlled by chatgpt or something), where it is a "Learn to dex this special, and you pretty much have got it."

One of the daunting (pun intended) things about Onslaught as a defender is his wack sp1, which Kabam is now, in a way, forcing everyone to learn how to deal with, which makes him that much less scary to be going up against. The more people learn how to deal with him as a defender, the less effective he will be.

Seriously though, this mf was dancing and doing the boogie all across the right side of the screen. Horrendous AI which puts a HUGE dampener on an otherwise very well designed fight intended to help players learn to deal with a difficult defender

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Till I discovered by chance I have Havok on the roster.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    edited May 30
    I still wonder why Onslaught wasn’t rebalanced
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    I managed to solo with shang chi and king groot and photon was 4 revives, awesome nodes and the fight is fun, but the AI omg zzz it's got to be one of the worst ones so far
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,091 ★★★★
    Did anyone else notice that whenever you transfered a power sting to him, it low key turned into an intimidate debuff?

I mean, the icon didn't change, but that dude refused to throw a special when the power sting was on him.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Onslaught is not hard to fight…stop banning him in BG…rank up your Havok and learn how to dex his sp1…watch him melt 🫠
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    See I can dex his specials 90% of the time now, But he is reall annoying. Like His specials are too long and he is very beefy with 1.4million health, I hardly can do any damage. How do you guys beat him?

This is my R5 Havok VS my 200 sig 6R5A Onslaught.

As you can see, I didn't even touch Onslaught.

What happens if you hit him and learn how to dex his sp1?!?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 485 ★★★

Till I discovered by chance I have Havok on the roster.

They specifically countered him for the SOS fight lol

See I can dex his specials 90% of the time now, But he is reall annoying. Like His specials are too long and he is very beefy with 1.4million health, I hardly can do any damage. How do you guys beat him?

Shang chi works very well
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

This is my R5 Havok VS my 200 sig 6R5A Onslaught.

As you can see, I didn't even touch Onslaught.

What happens if you hit him and learn how to dex his sp1?!?

the damn +1 armor node is well aware of it btw

Yeah Shang is the closest "cheese" option to the fight. I'll try to get the dkg point and shang point (already have herc point) and planning to skip avengers challenge. Capiw literally suck for this fight, he hardly do any damage
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    The AI is absolute bs. Uses a heavy, no problem I can dash back, uses another heavy when I am dashing towards him to punish his first heavy a second later.. oh no. Try to intercept becoz u can't parry him always, yeah u can't coz the AI is the ultimate sensei of intercepts. If I don't dash forwards, bro won't even move for an eternity
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 905 ★★★★
    This kind of apologism (and Stockholm’s like behavior) is exactly the problem. The fact that so many people agree with it is why we continue to get screwed by horrible decisions.

Next best thing? They should have fixed his AI. What’s the point of forcing us to learn to dex him when his AI is a mess and he is so random with his specials? Horrendous take.

I say this as someone who’s been able to dex his specials since his release and got multiple solos in this content.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    edited May 30
    GrO_ot78 said:

learn how to dex his sp1

........ did you read what i said?

This kind of apologism (and Stockholm’s like behavior) is exactly the problem. The fact that so many people agree with it is why we continue to get screwed by horrible decisions.

Next best thing? They should have fixed his AI. What’s the point of forcing us to learn to dex him when his AI is a mess and he is so random with his specials? Horrendous take.

I say this as someone who’s been able to dex his specials since his release and got multiple solos in this content.

Stockholm? Apologism? Do you mean giving credit where it's due while also acknowledging that there are things that are really messed up with this fight that need to be fixed?
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    edited May 30
    "Well designed"? It's pretty much a base Onslaught fight with some energy resistance so you don't die to neuroshock, which is like the bare minimum.

Then you have stylish and dulled to make it so the crush passive comes round more often unless you have a bunch of buffs, but with that you have the cost of less crits and less damage. That would be an interesting wrinkle if they didn't then slap on heavy hitter so now a champ you already can't parry and kills you through your block on specials can't be heavy baited, so there is 0 point in blocking him at any point in the fight, dulled is just a flat nerf instead of a more interesting risk/reward, and Stylish may as well not exist because the crush passive has no relevance.

Ultimately it's a regular Onslaught fight where neuroshock is less impactful and you can't bait heavies or crit. Not exactly pushing the envelope.
    ahmynuts said:

GrO_ot78 said:

learn how to dex his sp1

........ did you read what i said?
    Did I quote you ?!?
    Calm down, not everything is about you 😉
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    His AI is so trash, he will dash back and LITERALLY wait until you dash in to light intercept you. This bullshitt is chance based so he does it randomly, but this should never be an option in the opponent’s AI. What do you mean I have to either rely on parry or constantly light intercept to not risk getting hit out of nowhere when fighting ?

"Well designed"? It's pretty much a base Onslaught fight with some energy resistance so you don't die to neuroshock, which is like the bare minimum.

Then you have stylish and dulled to make it so the crush passive comes round more often unless you have a bunch of buffs, but with that you have the cost of less crits and less damage. That would be an interesting wrinkle if they didn't then slap on heavy hitter so now a champ you already can't parry and kills you through your block on specials can't be heavy baited, so there is 0 point in blocking him at any point in the fight, dulled is just a flat nerf instead of a more interesting risk/reward, and Stylish may as well not exist because the crush passive has no relevance.

Ultimately it's a regular Onslaught fight where neuroshock is less impactful and you can't bait heavies or crit. Not exactly pushing the envelope.

You just explained why it's a well designed fight so people learn how to dex his special while trying to disprove my claim. Interesting. Not everything has to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Yeah Shang is the closest "cheese" option to the fight. I'll try to get the dkg point and shang point (already have herc point) and planning to skip avengers challenge. Capiw literally suck for this fight, he hardly do any damage
    Yeah. And someone had suggested dexing his mediums for the chi charge. That works very well. You can get 10 charges per special thrown. And if you can Dex his specials perfectly that like 5 charges per special
    I've accepted that his AI is ✨ special ✨ like Mordo or gladiator. But apart from that, brilliant fight design.. it's basically and easier version of regular onslaught. In fact , he has negative nodes

I've accepted that his AI is ✨ special ✨ like Mordo or gladiator. But apart from that, brilliant fight design.. it's basically and easier version of regular onslaught. In fact , he has negative nodes

His AI is our auto fight AI for sure. Just the worst AI profile they could possibly use in the game

Yeah. And someone had suggested dexing his mediums for the chi charge. That works very well. You can get 10 charges per special thrown. And if you can Dex his specials perfectly that like 5 charges per special
    Yeah but don't try to perfect dex all beams. Just play normally and sometimes you get charges, most of the times you won't, and that's ok.

I have thrown a sp2 with 35 charges (mine is 7* r2 duped) and he dealt around 45% health as damage. Pretty impressive. I think with 60-70 charges I can solo onslut, I'll try to solo him.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 905 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Stockholm? Apologism? Do you mean giving credit where it's due while also acknowledging that there are things that are really messed up with this fight that need to be fixed?
    The fact that you're giving credit when even the best players in the game are complaining is exactly what I mean. Keep at it though.

How many solos did you get btw?
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    Everything that's not poison immune is IBOMnable.
    I'm getting the onslaught solo until i die