Arcade Gaslighting, Missing 2/5 Promised Immunities

Comments

• kus234kus234 Member Posts: 272 ★★
    But the question is how do we get our Money back??? Does anyone here knows the process...
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,074 ★★★

I still don't understand how can a human being have so many immunities, when gods, demons, mutants and other lab experimented characters have only 1-2 immunities or none (see Thor and others).

I know it is a game and they want people to spend more money to purchase the new champions, but they should really add relevant immnuties to all characters if they give more immunties to human beins than they do to gods, demons, etc.

Because he's using cheat codes, hence the names of his pre fights. The whole event is based around arcade games and he is the master of them, so he's cheating to make himself stronger
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,074 ★★★
    I mean his dot covers all of those, so I think it's fair to assume that it was just a typo. They deleted the tweet and it's not active now that his bundle is in game, so it's not false advertising
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★

Let's see if they're going to take accountability and address it, or stay quiet.

Take accountability for what? A single tweet that went out before anything else and was deleted? It wasn't in his deep dive. It wasn't anywhere listed as such where we had access to his information.

So what accountability should there be?
    That single tweet still drives a lot of hype- a lot of stuff in this community is shared via screenshot and word gets around fast- editing the tweet and not acknowledging the error is still misleading, especially on an official communication channel. You’re right that it wasn’t listed anywhere where his full kit was listed, but the first thing they put out on an official MCOC social media account was that he had five immunities, and that screenshot was circled here and on other places like various line chats.

Instead of quietly editing the tweet, they could’ve instead just said “Attention Summoners: An earlier post said that Arcade has five immunities- this was incorrect. He will only have three immunities in game, and this will be reflected in future posts about his kit. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

Especially with the nature of this community, a simple “hey, we made a mistake” instead of just acting like it didn’t happen would’ve been far more beneficial. This is just another thing the vocal section on here will use an example to show how Kabam is shady and wants to mislead the customer and suck them dry. That’s the real reason for accountability, otherwise it contributes to this greater narrative that kabam just lies to make more money.
    The point re: screenshots is a more precise version of my Mark Twain-ish comment. It doesn’t take much and something is off to the races online. Not fair, but that’s the digital world we live in.

With that said, I cannot imagine the damage done here is massive (despite the virtual “flopping”), but it would be nice to get a reasoned response (and perhaps apology/relief) once everyone gets up and moving on the team.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    I’m also going to suggest that it’s entirely possible the community team and online team is a little short staffed and trying to redraw lines of responsibility and communication right now. Might sound out of character for me, but I would counsel patience and toning it down until things get squared away.

Credit to @Wicket329 for saying it first…

Dr. Zola
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    I learned my lesson of not getting hyped on early access bundles and rank ups and so on after the Zemo fiasco.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

Let's see if they're going to take accountability and address it, or stay quiet.

Take accountability for what? A single tweet that went out before anything else and was deleted? It wasn't in his deep dive. It wasn't anywhere listed as such where we had access to his information.

Tone down the glazing buddy it's getting annoying and pathetic tbvh. When you send out information through an official channel you better fking fact check it, especially if you are a company that's making money off of your audience. I get it mistakes happen the social media admins are humans too but then have the mfkin decency to address it instead of deleting the tweet and pretending like it never existed knowing damn well people have read it and probably have the screenshots of it. It's not about scamming or false advertising anymore, it's really just about accountability and common decency to be transparent with the people that keep the game alive.
    Where were you when the deep dive went out? Where were you when the update hit and you could check his abilities in game? Where are all the posts about this the day of the bundles being released yesterday?

You likely didn't even know until this post came along. You're so hell-bent on being angry at everything, you jumped straight away on the train. Y'all acting like they advertised it up to the day of the bundles released.

You don't get that mistakes happen so you really shouldn't say that. You take everything to the extreme. This isn't some major f-up that the entire player base was chasing a champ for. A whole thread created https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/368575/arcade-deep-dive and a few people in that thread are commenting here and not a single word about the tweet or the difference in the information.

So spare me the fake outrage. Should Kabam say "my bad"? Sure why not. Is this the most flagrant offense that's ever happened in the game? No. This is barely on the radar. It wasn't scamming, it wasn't false advertisement. If you're going to accuse someone or some company of it, you may want to actually research what false advertisement actually is.

Anyway, i'll see you at the next pitchfork rally.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

Someone who replied to me made a good point, mistakes happen but they still could have addressed it in the live stream. I don’t think that would take away all the people who would complain because not everyone watches the live stream. But it would have been a more beneficial move to make.
    kus234 said:

kus234 said:

Kabam please own this.. and helps us get our Money back...

I mean...you're not just blindly buying these early access bundles without doing a bit of research and watching review vids on them, are you?
    I bought because of his 5 immunity being advertised. Next time I wont...
    So you paid attention to a tweet that was up for a very short time but not the deep dive and didn't look at his kit after the update? Yeah, sounds like a legit story.
    Maybe its just me and my overthinking; but wouldn't the so called 5 immunities make him a potent attacker instead of a defender?... People didn't find something weird on that?
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

Maybe its just me and my overthinking; but wouldn't the so called 5 immunities make him a potent attacker instead of a defender?... People didn't find something weird on that?

Lol thats what i thought when i heard about it, thought he would be a amazing quester. And tbh i think he still is a solid quester.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited June 7

007Bishop said:

Tone down the glazing buddy it's getting annoying and pathetic tbvh. When you send out information through an official channel you better fking fact check it, especially if you are a company that's making money off of your audience. I get it mistakes happen the social media admins are humans too but then have the mfkin decency to address it instead of deleting the tweet and pretending like it never existed knowing damn well people have read it and probably have the screenshots of it. It's not about scamming or false advertising anymore, it's really just about accountability and common decency to be transparent with the people that keep the game alive.
    Where were you when the deep dive went out? Where were you when the update hit and you could check his abilities in game? Where are all the posts about this the day of the bundles being released yesterday?

You likely didn't even know until this post came along. You're so hell-bent on being angry at everything, you jumped straight away on the train. Y'all acting like they advertised it up to the day of the bundles released.

You don't get that mistakes happen so you really shouldn't say that. You take everything to the extreme. This isn't some major f-up that the entire player base was chasing a champ for. A whole thread created https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/368575/arcade-deep-dive and a few people in that thread are commenting here and not a single word about the tweet or the difference in the information.

So spare me the fake outrage. Should Kabam say "my bad"? Sure why not. Is this the most flagrant offense that's ever happened in the game? No. This is barely on the radar. It wasn't scamming, it wasn't false advertisement. If you're going to accuse someone or some company of it, you may want to actually research what false advertisement actually is.

Anyway, i'll see you at the next pitchfork rally.
    The tweet stating that the Arcade had 5 immunities was indeed misleading. Kabam should have immediately clarified the error instead of just deleting the tweet. Transparency is key, and a simple acknowledgment of the mistake would have helped. Many of us were following the updates and deep dive, and we did see the correct information when the update was released, but that does not change the fact that Kabam put something misleading out on it's official account and chose to delete it hoping people wouldn't notice. It's true that there wasn't much immediate backlash about the tweet on the forums, but that doesn't mean the concern isn't valid. The company's RESPONSIBILITY is to acknowledge and correct them transparently. Dismissing community concerns as overreactions doesn't help anyone. Yes, this wasn't a major incident, but it's still worth addressing properly. Calling it fake outrage isn’t exactly your finest moment (not that you ever have any). Moreover, your constant attempts to defend Kabam every time they mess up are frustrating to watch. Kabam could have easily addressed this issue and resolved it, but you refuse to acknowledge it because, in your eyes, Kabam can do no wrong. You fail to understand why people are genuinely upset about this. If Kabam can't be bothered to address what you claim to be a minor issue, there's no way we can expect them to be transparent when bigger problems arise.. You have unique ways of misunderstanding things and your perspective is... interestingly uninformed. I appreciate you trying to embrace the unconventional approach to logic though.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,375 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I wish he was neuroshock immune

Funny thing is, he would still suck in battlegrounds against him. He’s way too slow from what I’ve seen. Would be decent in other modes though but onslaught covers a lot of his dot effects so he wouldn’t be that efficient. I’d rather use others

007Bishop said:

Is this the most flagrant offense that's ever happened in the game? No.
    That's part of the problem isn't it? There have been been much more egregious incidents that this barely makes the cut. But still, it wouldn't kill them to just say, "my bad." I guess with Miike leaving they're stretched really thin in the PR department
    And that's exactly it. Instead of understanding that point, people out here asking for refunds and ****. It's just ridiculous. All the misinformation that's spread by the community on these forums and not an ounce of accountability but people want heads to rolls for a deleted tweet that a barely a registerable impact on anything.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    Still no reply from Kabam?? Wow what a company this is. Hats off and keep doing this kind of work🫡
    I recognize a lot of so called F2P cape wearers in this thread...and my question is... WHY? Lol