Arcade Gaslighting, Missing 2/5 Promised Immunities

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Let's see if they're going to take accountability and address it, or stay quiet.

Take accountability for what? A single tweet that went out before anything else and was deleted? It wasn't in his deep dive. It wasn't anywhere listed as such where we had access to his information.

So what accountability should there be?
    Tone down the glazing buddy it's getting annoying and pathetic tbvh. When you send out information through an official channel you better fking fact check it, especially if you are a company that's making money off of your audience. I get it mistakes happen the social media admins are humans too but then have the mfkin decency to address it instead of deleting the tweet and pretending like it never existed knowing damn well people have read it and probably have the screenshots of it. It's not about scamming or false advertising anymore, it's really just about accountability and common decency to be transparent with the people that keep the game alive.
    Where were you when the deep dive went out? Where were you when the update hit and you could check his abilities in game? Where are all the posts about this the day of the bundles being released yesterday?

You likely didn't even know until this post came along. You're so hell-bent on being angry at everything, you jumped straight away on the train. Y'all acting like they advertised it up to the day of the bundles released.

You don't get that mistakes happen so you really shouldn't say that. You take everything to the extreme. This isn't some major f-up that the entire player base was chasing a champ for. A whole thread created https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/368575/arcade-deep-dive and a few people in that thread are commenting here and not a single word about the tweet or the difference in the information.

So spare me the fake outrage. Should Kabam say "my bad"? Sure why not. Is this the most flagrant offense that's ever happened in the game? No. This is barely on the radar. It wasn't scamming, it wasn't false advertisement. If you're going to accuse someone or some company of it, you may want to actually research what false advertisement actually is.

Anyway, i'll see you at the next pitchfork rally.
    The tweet stating that the Arcade had 5 immunities was indeed misleading. Kabam should have immediately clarified the error instead of just deleting the tweet. Transparency is key, and a simple acknowledgment of the mistake would have helped. Many of us were following the updates and deep dive, and we did see the correct information when the update was released, but that does not change the fact that Kabam put something misleading out on it's official account and chose to delete it hoping people wouldn't notice. It's true that there wasn't much immediate backlash about the tweet on the forums, but that doesn't mean the concern isn't valid. The company's RESPONSIBILITY is to acknowledge and correct them transparently. Dismissing community concerns as overreactions doesn't help anyone. Yes, this wasn't a major incident, but it's still worth addressing properly. Calling it fake outrage isn’t exactly your finest moment (not that you ever have any). Moreover, your constant attempts to defend Kabam every time they mess up are frustrating to watch. Kabam could have easily addressed this issue and resolved it, but you refuse to acknowledge it because, in your eyes, Kabam can do no wrong. You fail to understand why people are genuinely upset about this. If Kabam can't be bothered to address what you claim to be a minor issue, there's no way we can expect them to be transparent when bigger problems arise.. You have unique ways of misunderstanding things and your perspective is... interestingly uninformed. I appreciate you trying to embrace the unconventional approach to logic though.
    It's fake outrage. There's no other way to frame it. You literally just said you saw the tweet and the deep dive yet you waited 5 days to say anything. Pick a lane bro.
    Okay little man as you say. Trying to change your mind and get you to understand my perspective is a lost cause. Have fun bootlicking Kabam and I really hope they pick you for all that effort you put into it.
    Have fun thinking about me all the time.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★

I mean his dot covers all of those, so I think it's fair to assume that it was just a typo. They deleted the tweet and it's not active now that his bundle is in game, so it's not false advertising

Regardless of that, it's their duty to aknowledge their mistake
    And they did, by deleting the tweet
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I mean his dot covers all of those, so I think it's fair to assume that it was just a typo. They deleted the tweet and it's not active now that his bundle is in game, so it's not false advertising

Okay, y’all want actual lawyer brain response?

Kabam put out a false or misleading statement about their product. This is one of several elements required to prove a claim of false advertising. Intentional or not doesn’t matter.

HOWEVER, Kabam removed that information relatively quickly and well prior to any product being sold, and published the correct information subsequent to that point (the deep dive and in game). This was still done several days prior to any product being sold.

Further, depending on the jurisdiction, the only remedy for unintentional false advertising is a court order removing that particular falsehood. Well, it’s already gone. Not a whole lot to do there.

So basically, stop bandying around the phrase “false advertising” like it has power. It does not.
    It does come down
    Lokx said:

Let's see if they're going to take accountability and address it, or stay quiet.

Take accountability for what? A single tweet that went out before anything else and was deleted? It wasn't in his deep dive. It wasn't anywhere listed as such where we had access to his information.

Someone who replied to me made a good point, mistakes happen but they still could have addressed it in the live stream. I don’t think that would take away all the people who would complain because not everyone watches the live stream. But it would have been a more beneficial move to make.
    Are you aware of the Streisand effect?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Kabam put out a false or misleading statement about their product. This is one of several elements required to prove a claim of false advertising. Intentional or not doesn’t matter.

HOWEVER, Kabam removed that information relatively quickly and well prior to any product being sold, and published the correct information subsequent to that point (the deep dive and in game). This was still done several days prior to any product being sold.

Further, depending on the jurisdiction, the only remedy for unintentional false advertising is a court order removing that particular falsehood. Well, it’s already gone. Not a whole lot to do there.

So basically, stop bandying around the phrase “false advertising” like it has power. It does not.
    It does come down
    Lokx said:

Someone who replied to me made a good point, mistakes happen but they still could have addressed it in the live stream. I don’t think that would take away all the people who would complain because not everyone watches the live stream. But it would have been a more beneficial move to make.
    As in Barbara Streisand?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Yes, actually. If I remember right, it’s the idea of a good idea coming from a disliked source and therefore being treated as a bad idea.

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Yes, actually. If I remember right, it’s the idea of a good idea coming from a disliked source and therefore being treated as a bad idea.
    No. I think it's the one where trying to ban or hide something attracts more attention to it thus causing a larger audience than what would've been if not for the attempt to hide it
    Ohhh the nose job thing that she never got...
    (I swear i didn't know it was related to her, now I get it)

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    No. I think it's the one where trying to ban or hide something attracts more attention to it thus causing a larger audience than what would've been if not for the attempt to hide it
    Well, Today I Learned. Appreciate the correction. Maybe I was thinking of Jane Fonda?
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Well, Today I Learned. Appreciate the correction. Maybe I was thinking of Jane Fonda?
    Yeah I think it was the rhinoplasty thing where everyone told her to get one and be more appealing, she refused and it kinda became her thing... Anyway 3 immunities not 5
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    They messed up. Made it worse by not saying anything about it. Now we see the fallout. Those who purchased the bundle the moment it dropped have to take some responsibility as well. Customers have to educate themselves enough so they don't fall into marketing traps.

The rating system on the website is not the best and it's littered with differences on what's listed versus the overall consensus we have on champs (i.e. go and take a look at Kate Bishop's ratings), so don't rely on those. Same with deep dives, which are meant to showcase a champ instead of telling us what their tougher matchups/weaknesses are. The bigger the hype train, the more caution we need to take (case in point, Spider Punk).

Even then, it's difficult to gauge a champ until we see that champ in action and get feedback Bundles last a week, so nothing wrong with waiting to see if they are worthwhile to pick up.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 497 ★★★

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Ohhh the nose job thing that she never got...
    (I swear i didn't know it was related to her, now I get it)
    Haha ... It wasn't that though. It was something regarding her privat mansion flouting environmental regulations or something
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 924 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Who dislikes Barbara Streisand??? She's a national treasure.
    obsidiman said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It does come down
    Lokx said:

As in Barbara Streisand?
    Who dislikes Barbara Streisand??? She's a national treasure.
    Yeah, I definitely confused her with some other celebrity of the same era who caught flak for anti-war protesting.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,425 ★★★★★
    It wasn’t kabam. It was arcade playing tricks with you guys.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★

I won't be going after Arcade in any rarity.. Hulkling destroys him with ease. Anybody with a Hulkling on deck will nullify Arcade as a defender in most matchups.. At least he has cool animations on his specials though.. :/

TBF The moment I heard about him I thought of him as a path 9 attacker rather than a defender, given Hulkling, CGR etc exist.

Regarding the main issue, they should have issued a correction/apology as soon as the error was noticed vs only changing it. Not everyone follows every line of communication, but it only takes one person to see the mistake to reach where we are now.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★

Miike gone and Kabam is already pulling stuff like this, Miike wouldn't have stood for such trickery.

Complete bait and switch.

lmao what
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,065 ★★★★
    10 free arcade crystals as compensation for misinformation a chance to get 7 star arcade 😎
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 497 ★★★

Miike gone and Kabam is already pulling stuff like this, Miike wouldn't have stood for such trickery.

Complete bait and switch.

lmao what
    This is what I hate lol. You have a legitimate concern and suddenly some people come with pitchforks demanding RTDs
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited June 8
    Normax_X said:

To everyone saying "You should have read his kit before buying". If it were in half of y'alls hands you'd see the tweet and go Yo 5 immunities, go in and buy him. That's like saying sorry the deep dive had a mistake but oh you should have read his in game abilities. I'm not checking 4 different places to make sure all his abilities match before deciding on a purchase, we trust what we see (we used to at least) and we decide based on that. (I did not buy it but thats the consensus im getting from the people who did and are rightfully pissed)

And the bigger issue is that there has been absolutely 0 communication about it, if a new tweet went out saying sorry this was a mistake at least some people would see it and send it to their mates instead of just editing or making a new post with just half the statement which could easily be misinterpreted as "they just didn't wanna mention his immunities" rather than "he doesn't even have those immunities".Not to mention the ccp had no access to arcade which is how people usually decide to buy a champ from seeing initial gameplay and the content creators reading the abilities and explaining everything.

A quick forum post by the community team, a discord announcement, or a new warning tweet would have been half decent when they know some people are about to drop hundreds on something that is not easily refundable.

Anyw wong op

They deleted the original and replaced it with a lame one. It's as if they're hoping we didn't see the original post 😂

Kabam nerfed their own tweet 😂
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 223 ★★★
    Isn’t it obvious that his bow tie provides a poison immunity cloud on command? And his shoes are made of fabric capable of grounding him at all times to remove shocks, and of course the suit is incinerate proof, not to be confused with incinerate resistant. This is all par for the course when you buy your clothes at Villucci.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    Normax_X said:

To everyone saying "You should have read his kit before buying". If it were in half of y'alls hands you'd see the tweet and go Yo 5 immunities, go in and buy him. That's like saying sorry the deep dive had a mistake but oh you should have read his in game abilities. I'm not checking 4 different places to make sure all his abilities match before deciding on a purchase, we trust what we see (we used to at least) and we decide based on that. (I did not buy it but thats the consensus im getting from the people who did and are rightfully pissed)

And the bigger issue is that there has been absolutely 0 communication about it, if a new tweet went out saying sorry this was a mistake at least some people would see it and send it to their mates instead of just editing or making a new post with just half the statement which could easily be misinterpreted as "they just didn't wanna mention his immunities" rather than "he doesn't even have those immunities".Not to mention the ccp had no access to arcade which is how people usually decide to buy a champ from seeing initial gameplay and the content creators reading the abilities and explaining everything.

A quick forum post by the community team, a discord announcement, or a new warning tweet would have been half decent when they know some people are about to drop hundreds on something that is not easily refundable.

Anyw wong op

Only if a certain forum user understood this, this thread would have been a lot shorter