**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

I need some tips with reverse controls

So I am really struggling with reverse controls, my brain can not deal with it. I desperatly need some tips in order to get through this SoS.

I know I am probably bad and it is a skill issue, but let me explain my struggle. During the fight I will get confused on wich way to swipe, (duh it is reverse controls), but this confusion doesn't only occur when it switches but also just any time in the fight. I will doubt myself on wich way to swipe and get knocked out.

Just any tips on how to tackle this week are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,524 ★★★★★
    I survived 2 reverse controls only for GP to use her special and me dying bc I wasn't able to finish with a light combo to remove instant KO due to surprise surprise passive AI. 🤦
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
    It’s kryptonite for me…. And it’s mainly the hesitation as you describe OP. Based on what I have seen, the people breezing through it are getting Gwenpool in the corner for rinse and repeat special dexxes. But for me, I end up letting her out of the corner even if I pull off the reverse control dex because I can’t get my mind to affirm which way to dash back in afterwards fast enough. Then you are dancing around in the middle of the stage again, all out of rhythm.

Whether I just skip this week is TBD.
  • Options
    MrSoundeffectsMrSoundeffects Posts: 16

I can’t get my mind to affirm which way to dash back in afterwards fast enough.

Oh yes I feel that one as well, pure kryptonite indeed
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 753 ★★★
    My biggest issue with this fight is the timer. I'll be special baiting in reverse. She doesn't throw. Timer about to expire. She starts to throw. Granted, I know I suck at reverse control, but the timer switching mid-special is a new kind of cruel
  • Options

My biggest issue with this fight is the timer. I'll be special baiting in reverse. She doesn't throw. Timer about to expire. She starts to throw. Granted, I know I suck at reverse control, but the timer switching mid-special is a new kind of cruel

Or you know, right before the timer expires. That one is the worst
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

My best advice is to just stare at the reverse control timer primarily and just look at the fight screen secondarily if that makes and sense to anyone but me

No I get what you are saying and it is a tactic that I also use, but I can't seem to get her health past 80% before messing it up.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,554 ★★★★★

If the timer's about to change, I usually went to maintain distance and play passive, until the new timer comes to play. Worked for me everytime.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,694 ★★★★
    Fighting Dani Moonstar we were all forced to learn how to dex her SP2 - by design.
    Fighting Iron Fist we were all forced to learn rooted-dexing/banking, countering, and hit-counting - by design.
    Fighting Onslaught we were all forced to learn how to dex his SP1 and learn how to actually fight him - by design.

Now we have Gwenpool forcing us to learn Reverse and Switching Controls - by design.

This is making us better players in the game - how many of us now aren't overly bothered by facing Onslaught in Battlegrounds because we learned how to Dex his SP1?

I wonder whether a bunch of people will now think that they don't have to bring in Juggs/Wiccan/whoever into Necropolis because Reverse/Switched controls aren't that big of a deal anymore...maybe...
  • Options

This is making us better players in the game - how many of us now aren't overly bothered by facing Onslaught in Battlegrounds because we learned how to Dex his SP1?

This one's very real. I used to ban even 5* onslaught cuz I literally suck against him. Nowadays I still ban onslaught cuz I don't have one in my deck, But when it's low level (7* r2 or 6* r5 unascended), I'll just take him out. For me personally now Bishop and domino are bigger headaches than onslaught in defense.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    Hold your phone upside down.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I have no idea if this will help, but when I was trying to learn how to deal with reverse controls my brain kept confusing left and right. Just thinking "left" and "right" broke my brain. I think those words are hard wired to do things, if I think "swipe right instead of left" muscle memory takes over, because I have too many years of left and right. Left instead of right, right instead of left, just made me confused all the time, it seemed.

Instead, I starting thinking "in" and "out". As in: left hand inward, left hand outward. In my head, I am thinking in terms of *both* hands. Both hands ----> <---- inward, or both hands <---- ----> outward. Dash back outward (normal), dash back inward (reverse). For some reason, this was easier for my brain to process, and I had fewer instances of muscle memory glitches. What's more, if I am trying to punish an attack, then the "inward" "outward" thought does double duty: my left hand swipes inward to dash back, and then my right hand immediately swipes inward to dash forward to attack.

It works for me. I have no idea if it will work for anyone else's brain, but that's how I got over the hump of reverse controls. I'm not perfect at it, but I am ... better at it now. It still takes practice, of course.

Seems worht the try to see if this works for me, since keeping in mind wich direction is left and wich is right is a whole other issue of mine
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 97

This is exactly the issue with majority of players including me, our mind is just set to that mode where we fight regular mcoc, and not reverse controls. Marvel King Saitama had uploaded a vid on YouTube once where he said he would practice reverse controls in act 6.3.1 and the tip is quite useful too, but many of us won't give our time practicing this kind of a thing. Other than that, u just need to keep looking at opponent using specials and reverse control swap timer at the same time, that's what I can say. Though even I am frustrated about this fight. Just classic Kabam things I'd say

One thing you're missing here is, reverse controls are actually not the problem, shifting controls are. You can get excellent with reverse controls with like 2 hours of practicing. It is one thing to do the entire fight in reverse controls, which is relatively a million times easier than handling with shifting controls, where you have to change your moves time to time.

One notable option here is moondragon, Who have a pre fight where she overrides a match upand makes it entirely reverse control match, So you can play the entire fight on reverse controls, skip the shifting controls ****. I'm planning to use this ability in final week where they allow 3 champs
    Umm… I would think that would trigger the 10-second death penalty node for reverse-immune, right?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★

This is exactly the issue with majority of players including me, our mind is just set to that mode where we fight regular mcoc, and not reverse controls. Marvel King Saitama had uploaded a vid on YouTube once where he said he would practice reverse controls in act 6.3.1 and the tip is quite useful too, but many of us won't give our time practicing this kind of a thing. Other than that, u just need to keep looking at opponent using specials and reverse control swap timer at the same time, that's what I can say. Though even I am frustrated about this fight. Just classic Kabam things I'd say

One thing you're missing here is, reverse controls are actually not the problem, shifting controls are. You can get excellent with reverse controls with like 2 hours of practicing. It is one thing to do the entire fight in reverse controls, which is relatively a million times easier than handling with shifting controls, where you have to change your moves time to time.

One notable option here is moondragon, Who have a pre fight where she overrides a match upand makes it entirely reverse control match, So you can play the entire fight on reverse controls, skip the shifting controls ****. I'm planning to use this ability in final week where they allow 3 champs
    Umm… I would think that would trigger the 10-second death penalty node for reverse-immune, right?
    She died almost instantly when I tried it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips, managed to almost get a solo (messed up at 1%) after hours of trying.

Not saying left or right in my head really helped with this fight and as many of you said just keep practising and you will get better.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    the goal was to minimise the extra hits, more you hit more are chances for you to mess it up.
    Spam heavy in corner, dodge specials, rush into for medium, parry, spam heavy, dodge specials, sp2 repeat.

Don't do MLLLM, just go in, parry, heavy spam, dex special, sp2 repeat.
  • Options

Here’s what helped me: you need to think of that timer like a) encroaching stun and b) bane.

Your goal should always be to be throwing a special or finishing a combo when the timer goes off (light into block is fine). This gives your brain time to adjust so you are ready to make the correct swipe. She’s very eager to throw her specials, especially when she’s in the corner. And try to keep to an sp1 for simplicity.

This is exactly what I did, takes some practise and AI cooperation, but once you get into a rhythm you are mostly golden.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 899 ★★★★

So I am really struggling with reverse controls, my brain can not deal with it. I desperatly need some tips in order to get through this SoS.

I know I am probably bad and it is a skill issue, but let me explain my struggle. During the fight I will get confused on wich way to swipe, (duh it is reverse controls), but this confusion doesn't only occur when it switches but also just any time in the fight. I will doubt myself on wich way to swipe and get knocked out.

Just any tips on how to tackle this week are welcome.

I don’t know your skill level but it may not be a skill issue. It’s more so a practice issue, if you spend enough time at it you’ll pick up a thing or two that helps you specifically. Now what might help you? You’ve gotten a number of helpful tips, try them to see which one is better for you.

Can you evade Emma Frost sp1? If so, capitalise on that to boost your confidence.
    - In my case, always stick with a L ending combo in this fight…MLLLL. M combo Enders complicated things. Don’t shy away from parry or blocking.
    - If the reverse control cycle activates in the middle of your special, you’ll have a second to readjust your brain, then dash back with ‘swipe forward’ control. This will prepare you to evade her special in reverse control.
    - If you get into a good rhythm, don’t change it. Also, it maybe a good idea to find one and stick to it. For example, it may happen that sticking to sp1s gives you a nice flow but you lose out on damage via sp2 or sp3.
    - Lastly, when you take damage, either combo or special especially when you’re having a good run. Don’t quit out, you L ending combo will ensure you remove the instant kill node. And you can’t bounce back in that same fight especially when you have a good rhythm but you had a small error.

I’m in multiple chat groups, and many are struggling and complaining. So you’re not alone. It’s not necessarily difficult, it messes with your brain. Some can adapt, others cannot.
  • Options

No. You aren't technically reverse control immune. The fight just overrides and makes the entire fight reverse control. But you maybe right. We can only be sure when we try it
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    Put on screen lock and play with your phone upside down under a mirror
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 182
    My issue with the fight is that the reverse control timer keeps moving and is on my side of the screen.

Losing sight on the timer because it moves based on buffs etc. got me clipped a lot in these fights. Having to search for the timer when it changes position means having to shift my view off of Gwenpool, which just made it that much worse.

I think these two factors added an unnecessary degree of difficulty. Playing around the nodes is one thing, but not being able to do so because I have to search for the timer isn’t about skill, it feels like poor design.

I think it would be a player friendly move to move the timer to Gwen’s side of the screen and keep it in a static position. The fight would still be challenging, but not needlessly hard.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 899 ★★★★

Put on screen lock and play with your phone upside down under a mirror

This will just complicate things. Don’t forget the reverse control cycle changes, so basically every 8s, screen lock and turn your phone upside down 🙃?