**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Enough, enough with these immunity penalty nodes

13»

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,376 ★★★★★
    Isn't this a repeat of a previous boss rush or event?.. I think it had GP, Mysterio and Cap Sparkles(?)
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 896 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

1) If you don’t get the piece, you can get it for units down the line. Not that big of a deal.

2) Reversed controls is not that bad. You just gotta practice it for a while and it’s fine.

3) I am not MSD or anything like that, and I’ve had two different 80% runs at this boss already with different champions, unboosted and while listening to a podcast. This is extremely doable.

4) Reverse controls is literally a skill. It shows up frequently enough in the game that it is a thing worth knowing how to do, same as parrying, dexing, and intercepting.

Your 4 point is not true. It’s not all about skill. And the frequency is nothing close to parry, dex and intercept. We learnt about these 3 right from the beginning and we use it every day we play the game. That cannot be said about reverse control so much so that it’s found in end game content.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    Summary for anyone who doesn't want to read the whole thing: "Kabam let me use Juggs and make this boss an arena fight, SoS should be easy" lmao
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    Yo watch me solo Gwen with this half-arsed toad rankup I did for level up

Git good🗣️🗣️
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Wicket329 said:

1) If you don’t get the piece, you can get it for units down the line. Not that big of a deal.

2) Reversed controls is not that bad. You just gotta practice it for a while and it’s fine.

3) I am not MSD or anything like that, and I’ve had two different 80% runs at this boss already with different champions, unboosted and while listening to a podcast. This is extremely doable.

4) Reverse controls is literally a skill. It shows up frequently enough in the game that it is a thing worth knowing how to do, same as parrying, dexing, and intercepting.

Your 4 point is not true. It’s not all about skill. And the frequency is nothing close to parry, dex and intercept. We learnt about these 3 right from the beginning and we use it every day we play the game. That cannot be said about reverse control so much so that it’s found in end game content.
    Fortunately for you and op, you have two full weeks to practice 😉
    If the fight really was that hard people wouldn't be soloing left and right.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,120 ★★★★

Thank you for comparing me to MSD and Karate Mike!
    What a confidence boost! 😎

Where my MSD comparison at?🗣️🗣️
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,181 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Wicket329 said:

People love making up things I said today, which is weird since you’re quoting what I said.

I did not say it was “all about skill,” I said that it is a skill. There are, as there always are, other factors at play in this fight. I just had a run where the control timer expired so precisely in line with the second part of Gwenpool’s sp2 that I just had to guess which way to swipe. Guessed wrong, cost me the run, had to reset.

Your frequency argument makes no sense. Is a thing that doesn’t come up frequently not still a skill? If I was a world class chef but I only cooked once a month, would that then not count?

And it’s funny that you say that intercepting is a thing we learn right from the beginning of the game, because that was not always true. As I said elsewhere in this thread, intercepting really was not a common part of the game until a few years into its life. And that was *not* well received at its inception. As the game grows, new skills need to be developed. It has always been that way, it will always be that way. And it should be that way.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 379 ★★
    Just don't use reverse immune champion. Solution is simple is that. This end game content it should not be easy as op thinks. Just go and practice reverse control and get it over with instead of crying on the forum by posting about it.
  • Options
    AsyalolAsyalol Posts: 23
    Frankly, the SOS of this week is really not hard or complicated, for my part, I managed to make the 3 objectives with 5 Rea Solo.
    I used Hit Monkey R5 ascending, Iceman R5 ascendant and Sauron 7 R2.
    You just have to stay focused on the timing of reverse control.
    The degats inflicted was powerful with SP2 of my champions and the boost
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,285 ★★★★★
    Imagine last week’s Onslaught with the reverse controls of this week. Enough said.

Kabam was kind enough to give us Gwenpool and just let us handle the nodes. 😂
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,354 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    I have to disagree with you the reverse controls ain't too bad in necropolis as it is here but this is end game content it is meant to be that tough but the best part is you end up learning how to deal with it after practice. The penalty is there for a reason or people will just steam roll it with juggs sinister wiccan or prof x
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,211 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Imagine last week’s Onslaught with the reverse controls of this week. Enough said.

This is what i was thinking like id probs not of done the fight as trying to get intercepts with inverted controls while mind set switching back and fourth on sp1 dexs thats just too complicated
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Bendy said:

They made nodes to penalty as other wise it be too easy like if u used jugs it would take 2 sp2s most likely to almost kill her

People complaining about the reverse controls are not necessarily saying take that node off and keep the rest. Maybe it sounds that way but that’s not what they’re saying. They’re basically saying, I hate reverse controls, give me something else other than that. And I completely understand. This game has taking a turn for some months now, I don’t know if people have realized. If they keep going at this pace, it will become more obvious. The hiring and consulting from these top tier players and YTers has raised the difficulty level, and it’s causing frustration to many players. They might want to bring people from mid level to balance things out. Look back to recent champs, you have disabling dex, willpower, guaranteed damage, etc. What next?
    They were saying to remove the immunity penalty as they do just want it to be a easy fight by using sinister jugs prof x but this content doesnt work like that its suppose to be end end game which requires the skills to do and practise
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,069 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    I did it with kingping, the goal was to minimise the extra hits, more you hit more are chances for you to mess it up.
    Spam heavy in corner, dodge specials, rush into for medium, parry, spam heavy, dodge specials, sp2 repeat.

Don't do MLLLM, just go in, parry, heavy spam, dex special, sp2 repeat.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,285 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    Bendy said:

xNig said:

This is what i was thinking like id probs not of done the fight as trying to get intercepts with inverted controls while mind set switching back and fourth on sp1 dexs thats just too complicated
    Yeah. It’ll be a nightmare to fight tbh. I’m sure there will be people who will be able to solo it but I’m gonna admit I’m not there. Will gladly spend a few revives that will expire anyway to save on the headache.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Bendy said:

xNig said:

Yeah. It’ll be a nightmare to fight tbh. I’m sure there will be people who will be able to solo it but I’m gonna admit I’m not there. Will gladly spend a few revives that will expire anyway to save on the headache.
    Agree im not 100% on invert controls switching only on delirium if people solo onslaught inverted they deserve the rewards as ill never get to that point as its too mind flickery to keep remembering controls
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    Skill issue (literally, your fighting a Skill opponent). It’s only 8 seconds then it wears off. Remember this is endgame content
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,332 ★★★★
    edited June 13

Once again, by lack of creativity or laziness, you have decided to penalize using reverse control immune champ. Why even bring this immunity in the game if it is to then penalize its use. You even went further this time, you can't even attempt to use them, you die within seconds.

Penalizing the "Reverse control immunity" is the same theory as penalizing "Poison immune champions" with burst of unavoidable damage.

Both follow the same idea of (1) having an Immunity in the game, and (2) penalizing its use.

All this node does is that it excludes certain champions, and makes you learn how a new pattern for the fight. That is pretty much the same as any fight.

I will agree that Reverse controls and penalizing the immunity is a 'lazy' way to come up with "Difficulty", because it is not that difficult once you practice it several times. I didn't get any solos since I messed up several times, but once you get mostly use to it, feels good.

But let's say they change the node so that you are able to use Juggernaut/Prof X, but then add in a node where Gwenpool places a slow on you every special and the High energy diet node. Would you be happy with that? In my eyes, that would make the match much less difficult, but much more tedious. I would not be happy with that type of endgame content.

• Options
    DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 194 ★★

I do agree reverse controls shouldn't be forced upon players. But this content is meant to be tough, hair pulling, irritating and even makes you think about quitting the game. That's the point of SOS. So I don't mind these nodes being unfair, cuz that's the intention.

Onslaugth was "hair pulling", they have over 200 champs to pick from for a boss and countless nodes to make them difficult. Laziness or lack of creativity, you pick.

Your argument is lazy and lacks creativity. You don't like reverse controls so you call it lazy. I'm sick of seeing these posts when hard content comes out. They warn you way ahead time that it won't be a cake walk but we get dozens of posts complaining about node combinations as if they weren't aware this is difficult content.

Go replay act 1. Seems more your skill level.
    No don't like it, never will and that's why we have reverse control immune champs. But with Necro and this week SOS, Kabam decided to penalize their use, and it's even worse this week. Not just removing their immunities.
    You can do the phase 3 reverse controls phase with Juggs, becasue the degen only takes 2% per second of your current health. This is similiar to Bane, which gates weaker the lower your or the defender HP Bar is

Another fact is that Necro GM Phase 4 can be done with Reverse Control imunne champ, but i am sure you already know that
    And I'm sure you know it's phase 3 that penalized the use of reverse control champs in Necro
    Not sure if you have read my other comment that got tangled with my first comment. But Jugs sig ability makes him take less damage per sig level, if you have Cyttorak gem active. As Necro GM RC punishment does damage based on your current HP, the damage is greatly mitigated.
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 191
    What’s going on with this game??? Why there are so many complaints recently?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,181 ★★★★★

There are always complaints. This is nothing new.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 361 ★★★

There are always endless complaints around endgame content with good rewards.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,666 ★★★★
    Before this, the only Winter or Spring fight I managed to solo was Iron Fist with Human Torch. Even when I had the seemingly perfect counters for the others, I was using at least 2-3 revives.

This Gwenpool I soloed 2 of the 3 Objectives - I just screwed up several times using Sauron, but Black Cat and Kingpin both managed soloes. The great thing about this fight is that you can screw up and not necessarily die immediately - hell, Kingpin got clipped by specials 3-4 times but I luckily managed to get the MLLLL in each time.

This fight is eminently doable.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 161 ★★
    I think the real problem is penalizing reverse control immune champs, that takes out 2/3 of the good brotherhood champs people have ranked. With that said, once you get accustom to the switch and time the switch right, it is doable with the remaining champs.