**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Buff Silver surfer!

Logan00Logan00 Posts: 593 ★★★
Yes, I did just pulled him as a 7*...

Comments

• Options
    The_losttierThe_losttier Posts: 111 ★★
    Logan00 said:

My R3 says otherwise

Almost everyone in BG ban him and in war is useful in nodes where incinerate and shock exist
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    Fun fact, a r2 unduped surfer out damages a 6* R5 sig 200, also hes not bad, just trying to compete with herc and hulkling in the cosmic class makes people overlook him, I suggest checking out BmcG on YouTube he has some great silver surfer gameplay
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Well I have seen plenty r3 surfers nuking stuff in BGs.

If he can pull 40 second fights in non nuke metas, he doesn't need a buff. Just overshadowed by the usual crazy cosmic class.
    His rotation is tight. Try to get his initial dupe for a little help with the rotation and damage.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,388 ★★★★
    edited June 20
    As a cosmic entity yes he should be much more powerful than he is currently
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,008 ★★★★★
    No idea where this notion that Surfer sucks came from, I just tested my r1 sig 40 on rol WS and in one sp2-sp1 rotation he did over 250k damage. No synergies or pre-fights.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Use Odin prefights if you want more buffs on your surfer

Why not galan prefight?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,237 ★★★★★
    He’s fine as is. Many many many bother champs need buffs waaaaaaaaay more than SS.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★

No idea where this notion that Surfer sucks came from, I just tested my r1 sig 40 on rol WS and in one sp2-sp1 rotation he did over 250k damage. No synergies or pre-fights.

It’s been around since his release, and it’s always been incorrect. Surfer bangs. Back before good counters to these champs came out, he was my go-to answer for Bishop and Peni Parker. But he got stuck with that “just a prestige champ” label way back when and was never able to shake it.
  • Options
    ForevernarwhalsForevernarwhals Posts: 17
    I agree with everyone else. I love him!! I'm not a huge fan of the strikers, but out the Thor one on him and he resets the buff you get like his buffs. Does help a little. Learn the rotation and he is extremely useful!!
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,555 ★★★★★
    He got triple immunities too
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,109 ★★★
    Logan00 said:

Use synergies 🌝
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    PT_99 said:

Pikolu said:

Use Odin prefights if you want more buffs on your surfer

Why not galan prefight?
    Galan doesn't place a buff on you and OP wanted a buff for their Surfer
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

It’s been around since his release, and it’s always been incorrect. Surfer bangs. Back before good counters to these champs came out, he was my go-to answer for Bishop and Peni Parker. But he got stuck with that “just a prestige champ” label way back when and was never able to shake it.
    He does, I added him to my deck already and I'm genuinely impressed. He's been punching defenders one full rank above him in 50-55 secs which is imo very good for a champ people consider "mid".
    That saga 1-2 gem is going straight to him, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 593 ★★★
    So what is his best rotation?
  • Options
    Logan00 said:

So what is his best rotation?

Heavy for first fury buff, combo til power cosmic buff is back heavy again for second fury then build up to two bars and once the power cosmic buff is back, heavy charge for combat power rate buff and sp2 immediately to go unblockable (and stay phased if possible) then just five hit combo relic five hit combo sp1 usually that's enough to kill any healthpool that isn't r3. Takes between 40-55 secs to do all this depending on AI cooperation, decent enough score 90% of the time unless you're really high in GC.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    He's great, but is often overshadowed by better Cosmics, like Herc and Hulkling. He's also great for PI and the Odin prefights definitely helped
  • Options

It's the Hercules effect.
    And that is precisely why I think Hercules is disgusting and mine's still sitting at r3.
    Only place I use Hercules now is mostly incursions and against SOS Onslaught he met the 2021 objective so that's when I used him
  • Options
    Honestly tho he takes zero damage against shock, incinerate and coldsnap that's neat utility... if they could just tune up his numbers and improve the duration and potency of his buffs he will be so much better. A champ like Hyperion who is a 2016 champ is more powerful than him. And Hyperion that guy just aged like fine wine in the contest like Archangel.
  • Options
    tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 89

He got triple immunities too

I don't think he immune to anything. He will still take damage from passives(shock and incinerate) and corresponding debuffs which goes over 100%. But yeah, in most matchups, his resistance is useful .
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    He's a ramp up champ, so as clichéd as it sounds, to use him effectively, you'll have to get good with him.
  • Options

Honestly tho he takes zero damage against shock, incinerate and coldsnap that's neat utility... if they could just tune up his numbers and improve the duration and potency of his buffs he will be so much better. A champ like Hyperion who is a 2016 champ is more powerful than him. And Hyperion that guy just aged like fine wine in the contest like Archangel.

He does not need a tune up, not even to his numbers. If you use him properly the damage is already there and it doesn't even take that long to ramp up.
  • Options
    edited June 21

Since I see people disagreeing, this is r1 7* sig 40 no synergies or pre-fights doing 550k healthpool in 1:10, now what? Lol

Anyone who thinks his damage is bad just doesn't know how to use him properly and needs to learn how to use him.
  • Options
    KumaresanRockKumaresanRock Posts: 10
    Anyone knows about superior ironman buff?
  • Options
    Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Posts: 59

Anyone knows about superior ironman buff?

Probably going live early in July, with the next update.