Victory Track 2 medals per victory

Mik81Mik81 Member Posts: 93 ★★
When there is only 1 medal to advance to the next tier and you win. You are not getting 2 medals. You get 1 and advance to the next tier.

I don't remember seen that in the official post or the simulations of number of matches that you would need to do now with the new system. I may have missed that.

I'm asking to see if this is a bug or it is intended, if it is intended you are having to do more matches that what I expected.

Thanks for the answers,

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    It's always been like that
  • Mik81Mik81 Member Posts: 93 ★★
    It is what it is, I guess. It is just weird to see Victory 1 medal, and then reading in the forum:

Regardless of what tier you are competing in, all Summoners will receive TWO medals for a win and lose only ONE medal for a loss.

So I got confused. You are getting 2 medals, unless...

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,905 ★★★★★
    It’s intended, has been this way in the lower tiers that have always had +2 system and communicated previously. The extra medals have not ever carried into the new tier.
    Thanks for the answers !!
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,280 Guardian
    edited June 26
    The +2 / -1 across all tiers is new, that is what the announcement meant.
    Before, different tier ranges may have had something different than +2 / -1.

But it has always been that if you were just 1 medal away, and in a tier that gave you 2 medals for a win, you always just reached the endpoint and advanced to next tier (excess medals from a win were never carried INTO the next tier).
    @DNA3000

At this point the discussion is pointless. I was confused and I'd think that is ok. I did not think that since you can't move down to lower tier, you can't carry on also any "leftovers" to a higher one. But now that you pointed it out, ithat makes sense.

But I asked, because if you see your Victory / loss track (in game,) it says +2, +1 - - (I read it as 0) and -1. So you are not really getting 2 medals if you only need 1 to move up, the game or the screen says you are getting +1. So when I saw that and then read the announcement, I wonder if there was a bug there, I decided to ask.