Going against the crowd - Champion preferences

13»

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    edited July 2
    I have to say I don’t like Shang Chi at all

What’s with all the Silk hate here 😭. Silk can nuke incredibly fast as well and I don’t see Ham doing times like her against Onslaught's and stuff lmao. I think Ham is a good defender unlike Silk, but Silk is just as good on attack. People still calling her overrated smh

As for liking, Hood and Nova are underutilized by a lot of people. Very fun to play and excellent counters to a lot of tricky defenders
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

What’s with all the Silk hate here 😭. Silk can nuke incredibly fast as well and I don’t see Ham doing times like her against Onslaught's and stuff lmao. I think Ham is a good defender unlike Silk, but Silk is just as good on attack. People still calling her overrated smh

As for liking, Hood and Nova are underutilized by a lot of people. Very fun to play and excellent counters to a lot of tricky defenders

Actually ham is specialized against mystic champs, He can do every mystic champ faster than silk. He deals direct damage, ignoring armor and resistances.

Silk is not overrated but sometimes she deal less damage on sp2 and sometimes she deals insane damage. Idk why? Maybe that depends on her crit rng?

Definitely silk is best against onslaught as ham cannot stun him most of the times which is crucial for power sting rng.

My favourite silk matchup is actually doom. Yes ham can do him quicker, But with silk I need not to worry about dexing his specials. Her special evade ability is VERY VERY OP

Emilia90 said:

Actually ham is specialized against mystic champs, He can do every mystic champ faster than silk. He deals direct damage, ignoring armor and resistances.

Silk is not overrated but sometimes she deal less damage on sp2 and sometimes she deals insane damage. Idk why? Maybe that depends on her crit rng?

Definitely silk is best against onslaught as ham cannot stun him most of the times which is crucial for power sting rng.

My favourite silk matchup is actually doom. Yes ham can do him quicker, But with silk I need not to worry about dexing his specials. Her special evade ability is VERY VERY OP
    I’ve seen some insane times with silk against sassy and stuff tbh. Might need some intercepting but she can do fights on his level

I think Ham is better overall and might be one of the best science 7*, but Silk getting downplayed so bad is sad. She’s a potato on defense though which definitely brings her down in that regard

Yeah her special evade is OP. I dash into specials and get my openings that way sometimes
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    I'm a Ham fan myself, so I'm biased. Silk is fantastic too. Use Ham more, but love them both.

I don't use HT. He sits at r3 and that's where he'll stay.

Most looking forward to as 7 stars: Punisher 2099 and iBom. Both are fantastic (P2099 and power control) and iBom (lots of debuffs and super tanky/safe to play).
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★

Who is a champion that's highly regarded, that you just don't like, don't "get", don't use, or whatever (bonus points if it's someone other than Hercules)?

Conversely, who is a champion that is generally ignored or even disliked who you legitimately love using and find to be very effective?

Two words for ya, Quick-Silver.
    He counters evade, has slow so access to stopping unstoppable, his debuffs can’t be shrugged off, access to invincible frames with his dex animations, and so so much more. He is by far, one of my MVP’s for BG’s each season. My 7* R2 one, has won me more matches than I count; as many people forget how much of a lethal weapon he is on offense.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★

Champ I ignore :

Kitty, hulkling, juggs - I got these champs pretty late so I don't have fun with these guys.

Champs ignored by others:

Ham - While he is good, He is not talked as much as hulk or titty, imo he is the best 7* science champ.
    Black cat - Great skill champ. Bg monster. Rarely see her in opponent decks.

As the owner of a r3 Ham he’s not even close to being the best science 7 star. That title either belongs to Silk or Photon.
    Hard disagree there, as another fellow R3 Ham owner, I think it’s between him and Photon. As much as I love silk (and I’m a massive spiderverse fan) she’s not as good as people say.
    I have an r4 sig 200 silk, and she’s been a mainstay in my BG’s deck for a while now. I hit GC every season, and use her regularly. All this is to say, I’m fully aware of how good she is; but broken status level as a top 2 science champ? No.
    She (in my opinion) requires at least max sig, a good relic combo, and very passive AI. Otherwise you won’t get access to heal reversal, big damage, or the auto evade on specials.
    If we’re being completely honest here, overall best science champ is probably Photon, close second being Ham, then followed by scorpion. I wouldn’t even put Silk in the top 5
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    Don’t like using shang, kitty, or absman. Use cgr for everything tho
    Seyuoh said:

Champ I ignore :

Kitty, hulkling, juggs - I got these champs pretty late so I don't have fun with these guys.

Champs ignored by others:

Ham - While he is good, He is not talked as much as hulk or titty, imo he is the best 7* science champ.
    Black cat - Great skill champ. Bg monster. Rarely see her in opponent decks.

As the owner of a r3 Ham he’s not even close to being the best science 7 star. That title either belongs to Silk or Photon.
    Hard disagree there, as another fellow R3 Ham owner, I think it’s between him and Photon. As much as I love silk (and I’m a massive spiderverse fan) she’s not as good as people say.
    I have an r4 sig 200 silk, and she’s been a mainstay in my BG’s deck for a while now. I hit GC every season, and use her regularly. All this is to say, I’m fully aware of how good she is; but broken status level as a top 2 science champ? No.
    She (in my opinion) requires at least max sig, a good relic combo, and very passive AI. Otherwise you won’t get access to heal reversal, big damage, or the auto evade on specials.
    If we’re being completely honest here, overall best science champ is probably Photon, close second being Ham, then followed by scorpion. I wouldn’t even put Silk in the top 5
    Why would she need a passive AI? She nukes even faster when you intercept
  • JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Member Posts: 99
    Honestly, kingpin doesnt work too well w me unless the hood synergy is there. Too slow and you need a lot of debuffs. Same with warlock. Too slow for me except to get rid of willpower, but i got despair so idc much for him
  • The_Boss253The_Boss253 Member Posts: 105
    I don’t get Photon, on attack and defense. She’s so stupid easy. Keep her to an SP1 and you’re fine.

And there isnt enough love for guillotine OG. She’s so overshadowed by deathless and G99 that everyone forgot how good she is.
  • Stone3xStone3x Member Posts: 60
    All this talk about Ham, SilK and Photon being the best science when everyone keeps forgetting luke cage is the best science is just sad 😔
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    As someone with an r3 silk she is broken op. She cheeses a lot of stuff! And casual content(like sq) is just laughable. I’m not dissing Ham but they’re both at the same level of power(leaning towards silk, what can I say I’m biased lol)
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    @captain_rogers how is ham specialized against mystics? Other than his spider nonsense resetting to 3 instead of 0?
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    Stone3x said:

All this talk about Ham, SilK and Photon being the best science when everyone keeps forgetting luke cage is the best science is just sad 😔

Ain't nobody forgetting him. He's just not on our radar. Everyone is giving their opinion that's very much rooted in facts lol. Luke Cage ain't nowhere near Photon's caliber. He is not an offensive or defensive powerhouse, and ain't a threat to nobody. He doesn't even get banned.

If he does, it's nowhere near as much as Photon gets banned. That's how much she out ranks him on the Science charts.

Are there similarities? Yes. Both are bleed immune and can place debuffs. But after that, it's all downhill for Jessica Jones's baby daddy.

Photon, when in pure light form, has some nasty unavoidable ranged attacks.

UNAVOIDABLE.

Not simply unblockable....but UNAVOIDABLE. They're Unblockable AND Undexable. In addition to that, her ability to disappear when parried and stunned caused many players to change their playstyle, and call for her to be nerfed.

Photon STILL gets banned in BGs. So much that a ban emote was made of her.

LC hasn't had that type of effect..

Fryday said:

Champs that doesn’t like me 😭

Ghost - but that is just my skill issue, when it go great it is great, and but can go bad very quickly.

Just testing out Adam right now, and he seem to be the same too.

Oh and Mantis.

All because of my skill issue 🤣.

Champs that me like 🤣:

Colossus - I feel for this guy, take a lot of trash talk from a lot of players, whule he is no offence to anyone. Hit pretty hard when his friends is around, immune to a lot of stuffs, and an overall nice guy (I remember seeing his first appearance in X-Men 92, that was a good episode) 😊

Lol that was "The Unstoppable Juggernaut" episode. Such a good show!
    Stone3x said:

Ain't nobody forgetting him. He's just not on our radar. Everyone is giving their opinion that's very much rooted in facts lol. Luke Cage ain't nowhere near Photon's caliber. He is not an offensive or defensive powerhouse, and ain't a threat to nobody. He doesn't even get banned.

If he does, it's nowhere near as much as Photon gets banned. That's how much she out ranks him on the Science charts.

Are there similarities? Yes. Both are bleed immune and can place debuffs. But after that, it's all downhill for Jessica Jones's baby daddy.

UNAVOIDABLE.

Not simply unblockable....but UNAVOIDABLE. They're Unblockable AND Undexable. In addition to that, her ability to disappear when parried and stunned caused many players to change their playstyle, and call for her to be nerfed.

See thats the best part honestly, luke isn't on people's radar when he should be, His not a defender but he has won me so many BGS fights cause no one thinks to ban him, and hell photon isn't even a hard defender if you know how to play against her Furthermore luke has much more utility then photon against a wider range off fights, he puts her to shame with how much damage he can put out but keep on believing photon is superior and ill just keep on wrecking everyone with good ol luke
    Coupla random fights off luke being the 🐐

Stone3x said:

Fryday said:

Ghost - but that is just my skill issue, when it go great it is great, and but can go bad very quickly.

Oh and Mantis.

Champs that me like 🤣:

Colossus - I feel for this guy, take a lot of trash talk from a lot of players, whule he is no offence to anyone. Hit pretty hard when his friends is around, immune to a lot of stuffs, and an overall nice guy (I remember seeing his first appearance in X-Men 92, that was a good episode) 😊

Stone3x said:

UNAVOIDABLE.

See thats the best part honestly, luke isn't on people's radar when he should be, His not a defender but he has won me so many BGS fights cause no one thinks to ban him, and hell photon isn't even a hard defender if you know how to play against her Furthermore luke has much more utility then photon against a wider range off fights, he puts her to shame with how much damage he can put out but keep on believing photon is superior and ill just keep on wrecking everyone with good ol luke
    Players have used LC AFTER his buff. Sorry but he just didn't impress.

It would have been better if you had just voted for LC and mention why instead of being upset and offended that no one mentioned him, and trying to defend him because you use him.

We have our preferences. We'll use who we like and who we know is best.

Ok. You keep on wrecking everyone then and we'll keep doing the same. 🤷🏽
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Juggernaut. One debuff and he's noodle.
    Stone3x said:

Fryday said:

Oh and Mantis.

Champs that me like 🤣:

Stone3x said:

UNAVOIDABLE.

Both have their uses. But if players choose one over the other, then that's their choice. Learn to not get in your feelings about it lol.

There are things you like about LC, there are things other players like about the other champs.

Stone3x said:

Fryday said:

Oh and Mantis.

Champs that me like 🤣:

Stone3x said:

UNAVOIDABLE.

Players have used LC AFTER his buff. Sorry but he just didn't impress.

It would have been better if you had just voted for LC and mention why instead of being upset and offended that no one mentioned him, and trying to defend him because you use him.

We have our preferences. We'll use who we like and who we know is best.

Ok. You keep on wrecking everyone then and we'll keep doing the same. 🤷🏽
    There's a difference between players "using" a character against basic fights or the ROL soldier and actually properly using him for what his desisnged to do,ive been singing luke praises since he come into the titan and I don't need to keep mentioning the same oll stuff, in War for example how many science Champs can consistently handle onslaughts, maestros, Serpents and fair few other annoying defenders consistently, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but luke is easily the number 1 or top 3 however you want to view it as a science attacker