Why aren't July champs revealed yet

Comments

• ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Meh champs month
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    Actually it’s 3 champs in july if Superior Iron Man buff is confirmed to be in July
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

So that's 1 more Young Avenger.

And still 0 Runaways.

Oh well lol.

I thought they might have added Nico and Karolina in June, guess we'll have to wait until next year
    Patriot is so lame he had to take the Super Soldier Serum, and then he was still mid, they cut him out of the comic
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

Patriot is so lame he had to take the Super Soldier Serum, and then he was still mid, they cut him out of the comic

You can same the same about Steve Rodgers. Without the serum he's plain Jane.
    Buttehrs said:

Here is a depowered Steve taking out two super soldiers
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,387 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Patriot looks like comics Soldier Boy wtf is that, is he about to wet his pants too? That design looks so meh 🤣
    I just hope he hits hard but yeah you’re right lmao
    Welp, based on that r3 Leader gameplay where he was landing 5k crits I'm not really expecting anything good lol. Leader already looks like a complete noodle who will only be good for regen heavy matchups.
    I won’t take early gameplay too seriously but really? Do you have the link? Hopefully that’s just basics and he has a way to boost them

I hope not on leader too. Seriously, if Kabam makes him that niche, that’ll suck big time. I can’t think of the last time I was like “yeah, I really need regen reversal” as if that’s still some sort of hot commodity needed to counter defenders.
    Someone coming up that will be a regenin' fool, perhaps? Maybe Leader gets around heal block immunity?
    EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

Nice. One panel out of how many thousands of pages?
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

No, I’m not, but that’s because I wanted other champs
    Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

If you need proof to believe Steve is more than just Captain America the Super Soldier, then I don't think you understand the character
    Buttehrs said:

But I didn't mention it like that, I said even with the serum, he was a rubbish character, completely disposable. You can say that about Captain America, but at the end of the day, he was still a vital member of the Avengers, Patriot on the other hand.... Kate Bishop had bring more to the table than him

Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

If you need proof to believe Steve is more than just Captain America the Super Soldier, then I don't think you understand the character
    Oh I understand the character perfectly fine. Heart, morality, ethics etc. Just saying, without that serum, he's not fighting hand to hand against hardly anyone.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

Oh I understand the character perfectly fine. Heart, morality, ethics etc. Just saying, without that serum, he's not fighting hand to hand against hardly anyone.
    He just showed you a panel of him doing exactly that lol.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,387 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

Big difference between pre-serum Steve (shown getting his butt kicked) and depowered Captain America (full of decades of experience, confidence, and training) taking out someone.

Patriot suffered from terrible writing and being the 8th fiddle in books that clearly featured characters Marvel meant for stardom. The character needs to go somewhere out of a group and get his own thing going, Nightwing-style, with a good writer and some editorial support. Maybe Marvel has something in the works.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Patriot looks like comics Soldier Boy wtf is that, is he about to wet his pants too? That design looks so meh 🤣
    Welp, based on that r3 Leader gameplay where he was landing 5k crits I'm not really expecting anything good lol. Leader already looks like a complete noodle who will only be good for regen heavy matchups.
    @Emilia90 They didn’t use the special attacks, those were basic hits. We have no idea what the specials look like yet
    Yes but his main source of damage clearly seems to be heal reversal, look at the amount of spectre debuffs on Wolverine.
    Of course I'm not saying he's definitely going to be trash, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause mid has been the trend this year and based on that initial gameplay damage looks mid indeed.
    The gameplay also shows that he increases the opponents regen rate in order to do more spectre damage. It's entirely possible that he could also place regen on them to reverse
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Actually it’s 3 champs in july if Superior Iron Man buff is confirmed to be in July

Its not, and the buff is unlikely to be as extensive as a new character

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

Big difference between pre-serum Steve (shown getting his butt kicked) and depowered Captain America (full of decades of experience, confidence, and training) taking out someone.

Patriot suffered from terrible writing and being the 8th fiddle in books that clearly featured characters Marvel meant for stardom. The character needs to go somewhere out of a group and get his own thing going, Nightwing-style, with a good writer and some editorial support. Maybe Marvel has something in the works.
    Doesn't matter, his comment was "without that serum, he's not fighting hand to hand" which he did. It's not that deep lol.

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

@Emilia90 They didn’t use the special attacks, those were basic hits. We have no idea what the specials look like yet
    Yes but his main source of damage clearly seems to be heal reversal, look at the amount of spectre debuffs on Wolverine.
    Of course I'm not saying he's definitely going to be trash, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause mid has been the trend this year and based on that initial gameplay damage looks mid indeed.
    The gameplay also shows that he increases the opponents regen rate in order to do more spectre damage. It's entirely possible that he could also place regen on them to reverse
    Yes that was one of my guesses and if he does exactly that and the damage is good he could end up being one of the best Serpent counters in the game and one of the best attackers this year. I'm just not getting my hopes up cause no champ has met my expectations this year other than Prowler.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime Patriot actually looks like a great attacker just from the deep dive
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    Leader looks like a very niche champ, good Against champs with regen and power gain.

Might be a good serpent counter, but I wonder how he works against serpent cuz non mystic champs only reduce his power gain by 50%.

Leader looks like a very niche champ, good Against champs with regen and power gain.

Might be a good serpent counter, but I wonder how he works against serpent cuz non mystic champs only reduce his power gain by 50%.

Yeah he looks ok but I want to play him. Patriot on the other hand looks like he could be the first great attacker this year
    New champions are looking 🔥

Can’t wait to test them out and make reviews for them
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime Patriot actually looks like a great attacker just from the deep dive

I'm actually surprised they're giving us that hard Photon counter already but we'll see. They showcased basically r3 vs r3 BGS healthpool and the rotation was sp1 sp2 sp1 so damage doesn't seem that crazy but utility off the charts once again.

Leader looks more promising I think, that was 100k rating defender down in one sp3 and they didn't even showcase sp1 rotation with the passive that increases regen rate (which was one of my guesses) so we'll see, they could be doing him dirty like they did Silk. Can't wait for those deep dives though.

Emilia90 said:

I'm actually surprised they're giving us that hard Photon counter already but we'll see. They showcased basically r3 vs r3 BGS healthpool and the rotation was sp1 sp2 sp1 so damage doesn't seem that crazy but utility off the charts once again.

Leader looks more promising I think, that was 100k rating defender down in one sp3 and they didn't even showcase sp1 rotation with the passive that increases regen rate (which was one of my guesses) so we'll see, they could be doing him dirty like they did Silk. Can't wait for those deep dives though.
    The damage looked very nice once it got going though. He seems like he could hit quite hard imo

Leader looked cool too. I’m very excited for this month
    edited July 5

Emilia90 said:

Plus I don’t think we have seen a mechanic like the green door before. He’ll probably be a tough defender
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

The damage looked very nice once it got going though. He seems like he could hit quite hard imo

It did, and they did mention he'll be great for long form content. What worried me is he looked a bit like Negasonic damagewise for short fights where her damage gets going only after the sp2, his does seem like it pays off more though, I agree.

I'm very excited about Leader cause that sp3 rotation looked deadly and that was like 550k-600k health.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

It did, and they did mention he'll be great for long form content. What worried me is he looked a bit like Negasonic damagewise for short fights where her damage gets going only after the sp2, his does seem like it pays off more though, I agree.

I'm very excited about Leader cause that sp3 rotation looked deadly and that was like 550k-600k health.
    Yeah that could be the case, but he definitely has way better payoff. I think he could be awesome and I’ll await the deep dive to gauge his bg power

Yeah Leader looks pretty interesting. I’m very curious to see how good he does in battlegrounds cause the green door thing is super unique
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I strongly feel like patriot is the DLL champ, getting Kate bishop vibes, good at all fight lengths. Wish Northstar was good for short fights.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
    edited July 5
    Upcoming classes

August - BRB and Mystic

September - Shathra and Science

October - Tech and Cosmic

November - Mystic and Mutant

December - Mystic

Any guesses?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★

Upcoming classes

August - BRB and Mystic

September - Shathra and Science

October - Tech and Cosmic

November - Mystic and Mutant

December - Mystic

Any guesses?

I think we are getting lizard on September, as the supervillain champ.