Kabam, please stop releasing overtuned defenders

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,912 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Tough defenders like Bullseye or Dust or Onslaught isn't the problem, Lack of counters is.

I do Remember havok being more of a headache when he was released, Trust me Players of that time know how much of a hell he is. Very less good champs with armor up and power drain abilities existed at that time. But now havok got a lot of counters.

The point is, I don't have a problem with Onslaught/Bullseye. There should be a way to counter them.

For instance, Onslaught should remove one neuroshock whenever opponent gains a armor up buff/He shouldn't be inflicting neursochoks while under cowardice, Forcing players to draft a complete counter.

For bullseye, you need a bleed immune champ who counters evade reliably. Unavoidable bleed damage is unacceptable. Maybe do this, Bullseye won't inflict bleed on sp1 if opponent parry(well timed block) the first hit of sp1. Or Bullseye can't evade when opponent has a active regen effect, Letting more mutants to counter him.

Look, photon is tough, but can be countered by tranquilize champs. Dust is tough but can be countered by incenerate debuffs.

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. By 'overtuned defenders' I meant ones that required overly specific counters. As I said in a previous post, if you got mantis vs photon or something you're in for an easy time. But in bgs where you have to rely on luck to draft these counters, I think it's a bit unfair.
    I don't think that's unfair. There should be atleast 10 champs who somehow defeats a tough defender in high health, And There were many such counters/Champs against photon/domino/Dust and Even Maestro. The only overtuned defenders imo is bullseye and Onslaught, cuz acc to my knowledge, Only 3 champs can kill bullseye at max health(Emma, Iceman and Gorr). I don't accept photon or domino as overtuned defenders Anymore.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,967 ★★★★
    edited February 21
    This has also made bg challenging, it's tough for me to determine who to block. There's photon, bullseye, onslaught, maestro, dust and many new ones. I definitely feel there's more to come.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 325
    Create the problem, sell the solution. It's just business.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    Whew lots o mad folks.

Just remember the basics of now:

1) fight mechanics are 9+ years old, largely
    inflexible and there's only so many ways to dress that up

2) continued game engagement requires collection of new champs, thus an inherent need for new champs to complete new content. If all anyone needed were the champs you got 9 years ago, we're not here right now.

Your assignment: Design champs and fights for the next 24 months and how they generate more revenue, future devs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

@Demonzfyre I have no problem with you expressing your opinions at all. But the way you do it is so condescending for no reason. You act like you are better than us, and that your opinions are more valid because we all just need to "get good" as you said earlier. But I am more of an endgame player than you mate, my prestige is 1.5k higher and I bet I'm a damn sight better than you at battlegrounds. Doesn't mean I can't empathise with other peoples problems, or express issues that affect me, and probably affect others more.

1. I never said you couldn't express anything. I didn't tell you to stop.
    2. I'm not better than you. I'm extremally passionate about a game I've played since 2014 and my opinion is that many people just want the easy road for everything.
    3. I'm not in the prestige race. Your prestige doesn't impress me or anything. All it means that you ranked up champions to increase your prestige. There are hundreds and hundreds of people with higher prestige than mine. I could only focus on that and probably be close to what you are but it's not what's important to me in game. Prestige only matters for AQ and AQ is stupid.
    4. You might be better than me in battlegrounds. So are like thousands. It doesn't seem like you are since you can't counter defenders that well judging by your posts but my time isn't spent in BGs currently. I have extremely limited time so I focus on what my alliance needs and fill in after that.
    5. I can empathize with people with real problems. Like some that have real input problems. What I can't empathize with is people with talk about how great they are but want difficulty scaled back. Don't want to think about what defenders are on the path. Complain about revive farming nerfs but think content is too difficult because they have to use revives.

There are counters to nearly every mechanic in the game. Bullseye has his along with everyone else. There will always be more to come as well. Ban Bullseye in BGs and plan your deck accordingly. That's the whole point of how BGs works.
    I get that you are passionate, and that's great, but it wouldn't hurt to be nicer on the forums. My prestige isn't high because I rank up only idoom or something, it's to do with my 7 star rank 3s being decent sig (I invest a fair amount of time and money in this game).

Yes! We agree on something, AQ is a stupid game mode, and so boring.

If the input issues were not there then I don't mind harder defenders with long special attacks as much. Also a tricky defender where you have to play well is fine, but I hate defenders like bullseye that require overly specific counters, which you may not be lucky enough to get in your bgs draft which annoys me.

I'm at the top of the game when it comes to battlegrounds, so I do know what I am talking about. I can place in celestial and I have screenshots of be beating the biggest accounts like Magus/USAFA and even the best players like beroman:

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Kabam should take out all the hard defenders from BGs. If they have harder to evade than Iron Fists specials... removed them from BGs. I see the error in my ways now. Thank you for bringing me to the light.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

So what exactly should Kabam do to add some sort of challenge? You don't want hard content, you don't want tough competition in battlegrounds and now you don't want tough defenders in quests.

Enter the advocate
    Absolutely. We have tons and tons of great attackers and a handful of harder defenders. Bullseye sucks. But he's not impossible and had counters already. You say you want a fun game but whats fun about not having to strategize about the team you take into a quest or in BGs, strategizing about a good deck to counter harder defenders.

I like a game where I get to put pieces together to figure out the best way to complete a path and also one where it actually allows me to use a diverse roster. I get it, you want to Herc everything. It's ok to have all these OP attackers but heaven forbid we have a few defenders that require a little thought into approaching them.

I really don't care what you call me. Advocate, Kabam employee, white knight. It doesn't matter to me. It doesn't bother me. Call me whatever the F you want. it doesn't change the fact that I am wanting a game that is fun to play and that includes thinking about what I am doing when approaching content. Y'all don't want that and it's your opinion but that doesn't mean I can't express mine.

Git Gud.
    Nah bro, Defending kabam every damn time and obviously everyone thinks you advocate for them.
    I don't mind, you can have whatever opinions you want, But You can express your opinions without being rude, is it too much to ask to be polite?
    I'll be polite if you stop saying I defend everything. I'll be polite if you stop calling me a Kabam employee. I'll be polite when you stop telling me I can't comment on something. None of this will happen so, no, I won't be polite.
  • Dab_westDab_west Member Posts: 172 ★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

@Demonzfyre I have no problem with you expressing your opinions at all. But the way you do it is so condescending for no reason. You act like you are better than us, and that your opinions are more valid because we all just need to "get good" as you said earlier. But I am more of an endgame player than you mate, my prestige is 1.5k higher and I bet I'm a damn sight better than you at battlegrounds. Doesn't mean I can't empathise with other peoples problems, or express issues that affect me, and probably affect others more.

2. I'm not better than you. I'm extremally passionate about a game I've played since 2014 and my opinion is that many people just want the easy road for everything.
    3. I'm not in the prestige race. Your prestige doesn't impress me or anything. All it means that you ranked up champions to increase your prestige. There are hundreds and hundreds of people with higher prestige than mine. I could only focus on that and probably be close to what you are but it's not what's important to me in game. Prestige only matters for AQ and AQ is stupid.
    4. You might be better than me in battlegrounds. So are like thousands. It doesn't seem like you are since you can't counter defenders that well judging by your posts but my time isn't spent in BGs currently. I have extremely limited time so I focus on what my alliance needs and fill in after that.
    5. I can empathize with people with real problems. Like some that have real input problems. What I can't empathize with is people with talk about how great they are but want difficulty scaled back. Don't want to think about what defenders are on the path. Complain about revive farming nerfs but think content is too difficult because they have to use revives.

There are counters to nearly every mechanic in the game. Bullseye has his along with everyone else. There will always be more to come as well. Ban Bullseye in BGs and plan your deck accordingly. That's the whole point of how BGs works.
    I get that you are passionate, and that's great, but it wouldn't hurt to be nicer on the forums. My prestige isn't high because I rank up only idoom or something, it's to do with my 7 star rank 3s being decent sig (I invest a fair amount of time and money in this game).

If the input issues were not there then I don't mind harder defenders with long special attacks as much. Also a tricky defender where you have to play well is fine, but I hate defenders like bullseye that require overly specific counters, which you may not be lucky enough to get in your bgs draft which annoys me.

I'm at the top of the game when it comes to battlegrounds, so I do know what I am talking about. I can place in celestial and I have screenshots of be beating the biggest accounts like Magus/USAFA and even the best players like beroman:

im ngl i play at the top of bgs and i dont think i have ever seen or matched u before
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Kabam should take out all the hard defenders from BGs. If they have harder to evade than Iron Fists specials... removed them from BGs. I see the error in my ways now. Thank you for bringing me to the light.
    C'mon, don't be ridiculous. We were having a perfectly civil discussion and you go and ruin it with a statement like that, which just shows you can't argue your point properly. I'm obviously not saying for Kabam to only release super easy champions but I don't think you should take unavoidable damage, and I certainly don't think defenders should restrict you to having only 3 good options, otherwise you are screwed. (Mainly this is a problem in bgs).

I also don't like Kabam claiming they are trying to cater to us endgame players and then making me do 100% thronebreaker difficulty which is very boring and the rewards are meaningless, just to access paragauntlet.
    You don't have to do it, you can do AQ, SQ, AW, Arena, plenty of other things to do... 🤣
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    Fellas fellas! So we are voting for "Marvel Walk in the Park" or not?
    How about the "Marvel contest of cake walk"?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I wonder why Kabam is focusing more and more on overtuned defenders 🥴

I wonder why Kabam is disappointing again and again when it comes for new attackers.

Dani? Yes yes, weekly you can see Dani fans literally crying how she's such a letdown.
    Gladiator? Such a bozo, like just stop.
    Adam? Have to wish that AI is cooperative.
    Antman? Some fans, usable but not a first choice.

Kate Bishop is only godly attacker that we got in recent times. God bless.

Yeah it’s not like Abs is a great attacker, and Cassie is a great attacker, and FAM is a great attacker, and silk is a great attacker, and shocker is a great attacker, and photon is a great attacker, and kushala is a great attacker, and Chee’ilth is a great attacker, and White Tiger is a great attacker, and Ironheart looks to be a great attacker, and Onslaught is a great attacker, and pretty much 90% of the champs released from the start of 2023 have been great attackers

Nice job nitpicking champs that were duds from 2023. Plus, Adam is great if you know how to play around the AI
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Dab_west said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

im ngl i play at the top of bgs and i dont think i have ever seen or matched u before
    I don't play bgs now, its boring and the rewards aren't good enough but I matched a fair amount of TCN in the last year when I pushed hard and people were actually playing bgs, so I probably did match you at some point. I often matched Magus for some reason when he was with you guys but that was a while ago.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Emilia90 said:

Photon, Onslaught, and Maestro aren’t bad at all imo. Definitely difficult defenders but I’ve taken them all in battlegrounds and it’s not like they’re complete bs. Maestro has a ton of counters (like mostly the entire mystic class + Kate bishop and a few others).

Bullseye I agree with because he’s incredibly niche and punishing. This isn’t something new for Kabam though. When magik was first out, she had like zero counters and you were pretty much guaranteed to take damage even if you played perfectly. Same goes for domino

But there is no guarantee you will be able to draft a proper counter. Many times I've had to fight domino or photon without a proper counter and it's a terrible time. I also feel for my opponents and I have won a huge amount of bgs matches off my R2 maestro when opponents haven't been lucky enough to draft a good counter, and bullseye is extremely niche as you said.

Not to mention there's the additive effect. Kabam keep adding more and more defenders which require specific counters, and what's worse is they are all different. When I have my chavez vs maestro, mantis vs photon or nimrod vs domino etc its a good time. But when you lose simply because you are unlucky, it feels bad.
    The draft thing applies regardless though. BGs has always been half luck and half skill. There’s always a chance you’ll get screwed on your draft and your opponent gets insanely lucky. That’s just how it’s worked since the game mode was released

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

C'mon, don't be ridiculous. We were having a perfectly civil discussion and you go and ruin it with a statement like that, which just shows you can't argue your point properly. I'm obviously not saying for Kabam to only release super easy champions but I don't think you should take unavoidable damage, and I certainly don't think defenders should restrict you to having only 3 good options, otherwise you are screwed. (Mainly this is a problem in bgs).

I also don't like Kabam claiming they are trying to cater to us endgame players and then making me do 100% thronebreaker difficulty which is very boring and the rewards are meaningless, just to access paragauntlet.
    You don't have to do it, you can do AQ, SQ, AW, Arena, plenty of other things to do... 🤣
    I know, but I do want that t2 dust from paragauntlet. Otherwise you're right, I wouldn't bother.
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

I wonder why Kabam is disappointing again and again when it comes for new attackers.

Dani? Yes yes, weekly you can see Dani fans literally crying how she's such a letdown.

Yeah it’s not like Abs is a great attacker, and Cassie is a great attacker, and FAM is a great attacker, and silk is a great attacker, and shocker is a great attacker, and photon is a great attacker, and kushala is a great attacker, and Chee’ilth is a great attacker, and White Tiger is a great attacker, and Ironheart looks to be a great attacker, and Onslaught is a great attacker, and pretty much 90% of the champs released from the start of 2023 have been great attackers

Nice job nitpicking champs that were duds from 2023. Plus, Adam is great if you know how to play around the AI
    I agree on this, and then you got people complaining BG boring its a nuke meta boo.. and then ask for more nukes and less nukeable defenders...
    Its an early access frustration, people who have the champs in their defense won't complain. It balances out once the champ becomes more available
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,321 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

Seriously, imagine looking at this:

And saying only one of those champions is a good attacker. Insane.

And yeah, Adam’s a monster. It’s not even hard to get the AI working in your favor most of the time. When the opponent has less than a bar of power, do four hits and dash back then either intercept or smash into their block. When at a bar of power or higher, do a full combo. Most of the time they’ll throw their special. If not, just hit them. Throw your specials as needed or activate your stasis pod if in a pinch.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Might as well change the game name to "Marvel walk in the park".

"rescue lost pets" :D:D:D
    I'd buy it
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,514 ★★★★

So what exactly should Kabam do to add some sort of challenge? You don't want hard content, you don't want tough competition in battlegrounds and now you don't want tough defenders in quests.

Enter the advocate
    Absolutely. We have tons and tons of great attackers and a handful of harder defenders. Bullseye sucks. But he's not impossible and had counters already. You say you want a fun game but whats fun about not having to strategize about the team you take into a quest or in BGs, strategizing about a good deck to counter harder defenders.

I like a game where I get to put pieces together to figure out the best way to complete a path and also one where it actually allows me to use a diverse roster. I get it, you want to Herc everything. It's ok to have all these OP attackers but heaven forbid we have a few defenders that require a little thought into approaching them.

I really don't care what you call me. Advocate, Kabam employee, white knight. It doesn't matter to me. It doesn't bother me. Call me whatever the F you want. it doesn't change the fact that I am wanting a game that is fun to play and that includes thinking about what I am doing when approaching content. Y'all don't want that and it's your opinion but that doesn't mean I can't express mine.

Git Gud.
    And what makes you think that your kind of fun is everybody's kind of fun? You are able to do content without any problems (doubt it) okay, congrats, I'm sure you have a huge aw$ome roa$ter, not everyone does. I'm a pretty skilled player, and I know when content is supposed to be hard and competitive, and I also know that when I have to face any Maestros or Photons and Onslaughts anywhere, I will win but not with a huge effort and extreme luck, not everyone will be able to do that.
    You're always for some one to complain about something so can jump right in and say whatever just to defend something that has nothing to do with you, and that's annoying
    I'm not a skilled player. I am average at best. I don't have the biggest roster out there but I am extremely proud of my rosters diversity. I like the harder fights because its more rewarding when done. I hated everything they did to Act 7 and 8 and the boss for 8.3 was probably the biggest let down i've had in this game.

It's not hard to find a complaint thread here on the forums. They're everywhere. All day, every day. Some are valid and most aren't. I get it though. You get to have all the opinions you want. You can comment on anything and everything. Good, bad or whatever. I apparently can't though. You want to live in your echo chamber where it's safe. Good for you. I guess public forums doesn't really mean public.
    It's not that you can't comment or have an opinion, just that you only comment or give you opinion when someone is saying something bad about the game, I name see you user name one constructive or other types of posts, just the one people are complaining and you are ALWAYS against them like you have to knock them down of whatever opinion they have abou the game just by saying, "get good", "you want easy game", "there's nothing wrong with the game"
    @Emilia90 @Wicket329 I agree with most of both of your points about attackers except 2 things.

1. Opponents sometimes don't throw specials while taunted with adam warlock which is annoying and can make you lose your rhythm. That's a minor point as you can usually use your stasis pod for safety, but not making him stun immune while he is in it is a massive mistake. Nagase has a good rotation and I really enjoy playing him apart from when I face someone who stuns me or puts an annoying non damaging debuff on me which sucks.

2. I invested time into my 7 star Chee-ilth and she's decent but she just isn't worth it compared to other better champs. She does have some solid utility and damage but it isn't quite enough. She's a bit too slow in bgs for example and you often lose on time when using her. She is close but just doesn't quite gel together to make her excel in long fights either where she is outclassed by many champs (e.g. kate).

But yeah I absolutely love using absorbing man on attack (does great in short fights and necro), he is one of the all time greats. DLL was firing on all cylinders in 2023.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,028 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

How many "overtuned" defenders are there compared to everything else?
    Maestro, Bullseye, Photon just to name a few
    Good luck
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

How many "overtuned" defenders are there compared to everything else?
    Maestro, Bullseye, Photon just to name a few
    Good luck
    Compared to everything else....
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    Agreed. The Bullseye rebalancing isn’t gonna make him easier, his specials will still be annoying even with a bleed immune, and unless your name is Mr Sinister or Kushala, you aren’t coming out on the other side above 90% since the block damage is that much. All the balancing does is make it so that you won’t take bleed damage when you dex; this will make champs like Starky and Nightcrawler more valuable but it doesn’t remove the massive damage you take to block when Bullseye uses a special attack

(Sorry for bumping this thread though)
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Agreed. The Bullseye rebalancing isn’t gonna make him easier, his specials will still be annoying even with a bleed immune, and unless your name is Mr Sinister or Kushala, you aren’t coming out on the other side above 90% since the block damage is that much. All the balancing does is make it so that you won’t take bleed damage when you dex; this will make champs like Starky and Nightcrawler more valuable but it doesn’t remove the massive damage you take to block when Bullseye uses a special attack

(Sorry for bumping this thread though)

Back to necroing threads like last year again? Lmao
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★

I think people would be fine with these strong defenders, if they where available to everyone.
    Currently, there are 4 solid defenders
    Bullseye
    Maestro
    Onslaught
    Serpent
    With the except of maestro the others are available in crystals. When some dupes Luke cage twice in titan crystal and others get a spread of great attackers/ defenders this is why people get outraged as cluch defenders attackers keep getting missed
  • Warlock14Warlock14 Member Posts: 64

To be honest counters for defenders eventually get released and they will get less relevant as time goes by

yes, i also think Isaiah Bradley is also a counter of bulls eye as in special moves video he was fighting with bullseye, He may be a counter to bullseye and soon more counters may come later.

I hope so :)