**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Do they know something we don't?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 911 ★★★
One last foil hat for jax. It seems he was either headhunted for a project that will be far superior to net marble and/or consists of the employees they are bending over. Or everybody is jumping ship because it is sinking. And the oldest tale in the professional community is that the rats are the first to jump ship (employees) before the sailors know it's sinking (us). And if the game goes down and we all lose 10 years of investments idk that even their lawyers could handle the number of whales who would take their money and seek legal recompense for something they dont 'own' but pay for. 300 Spartans still fell to numbers right? Can net marble afford that? 🤣🤣🤣 I'm just rambling at this point but fun to think about

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

While it might be big in the game sense. It will feel different. And I don't believe that is accounted for (not that I blame them. Trying to account for human feelings or error is insane)
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★

Anybody who thinks The Contest is going anywhere has a very poor understanding of the current game market and our business. I'm going to give a very quick lesson here to hopefully sort this out.

MCOC is Netmarble's biggest game.
    Because of high interest rates and Apple privacy changes, it is very very difficult to launch new games right now.

Studios around the world who don't have successful live service games in operation are really struggling. Thankfully, we have multiple successful live service games.

Consider these factors and think about what you would do if you were Netmarble and Kabam. The obvious answer, and what we are doing, is reinvest in the games that are currently working, and MCoC is #1 on that list.

The future of Kabam runs through MCoC. We all know that, and it's kind of laughable given where the gaming space is right now that players don't understand that. We aren't going anywhere, there is probably more being invested into MCoC right now than ever before.

You are absolutely correct and if you look at the numbers and stats it's clear to validate it all.

It just feels like the community got Thanos snapped twice in such a short time span. One of the best things about the game is the community and being able to interact with the game team in one way or another. Having the longest standing go to guy who we could always rely on disappear randomly (Miike) and then the most positive, fun, and interactive one leave shortly thereafter (Jax) is a big blow to the game in a different way. It doesn't lose what it is at its core but it feels like that back and forth, and relationship is gone. Especially with those who it was originally established with
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 555 ★★★
    Pandingo said:

One last foil hat for jax. It seems he was either headhunted for a project that will be far superior to net marble and/or consists of the employees they are bending over. Or everybody is jumping ship because it is sinking. And the oldest tale in the professional community is that the rats are the first to jump ship (employees) before the sailors know it's sinking (us). And if the game goes down and we all lose 10 years of investments idk that even their lawyers could handle the number of whales who would take their money and seek legal recompense for something they dont 'own' but pay for. 300 Spartans still fell to numbers right? Can net marble afford that? 🤣🤣🤣 I'm just rambling at this point but fun to think about

Something seems up me. There are so so so many more offers than just even two years ago and realistically, probably 10 times the amount of offers monthly than there were five years ago. Consistently putting out defenders to milk units. A bunch of people off a little over a year ago Big names in the company leaving. It seems like they’re trying to milk it while they can or,….. The higher-ups are just so damn greedy. They don’t care that that this model will destroy the game and their employees are fed up with it and just leaving.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,421 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

You are absolutely correct and if you look at the numbers and stats it's clear to validate it all.

It just feels like the community got Thanos snapped twice in such a short time span. One of the best things about the game is the community and being able to interact with the game team in one way or another. Having the longest standing go to guy who we could always rely on disappear randomly (Miike) and then the most positive, fun, and interactive one leave shortly thereafter (Jax) is a big blow to the game in a different way. It doesn't lose what it is at its core but it feels like that back and forth, and relationship is gone. Especially with those who it was originally established with
    I understand and honestly I kind of feel the same way. I worked very closely with Jax and Miike and losing both of them in quick succession is a pretty big blow to me as well. However, I just want to reassure people that, despite these short-term changes, this has nothing to do with the long-term plans for the game. The show will go on.
    Wish jax the best from me.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 555 ★★★
    Didn’t read Kabam crash Response sounds like the answer is in there. Maybe the parent company is hurting if it’s so hard to start up your games and MCOC Is there biggest moneymaker there’s probably pressure on Kabam from the top and they’re just milking everything they can.

I mean, you can almost buy your way through the game now I’ve played for six years spent good money 6millon Hero rating and Constantly get matched up in battlegrounds With other summoners who barely have a 3 million hero rating With more ring size and rank 2 7stars than me. Maybe some of the employees are just fed up with the pressure
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Didn’t read Kabam crash Response sounds like the answer is in there. Maybe the parent company is hurting if it’s so hard to start up your games and MCOC Is there biggest moneymaker there’s probably pressure on Kabam from the top and they’re just milking everything they can.

I mean, you can almost buy your way through the game now I’ve played for six years spent good money 6millon Hero rating and Constantly get matched up in battlegrounds With other summoners who barely have a 3 million hero rating With more ring size and rank 2 7stars than me. Maybe some of the employees are just fed up with the pressure

You can always buy your way through any game of this caliber. Why would employees feel pressured? Did you even understand what he meant?
  • Options
    Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 67
    Sometimes people just move to new jobs for more $ or it’s closer to home or they want to try a new career. Who knows but i happens everywhere. Doesn’t mean the ship is sinking or a vast conspiracy. Life goes on.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,529 ★★★★★

Anybody who thinks The Contest is going anywhere has a very poor understanding of the current game market and our business. I'm going to give a very quick lesson here to hopefully sort this out.

MCOC is Netmarble's biggest game.
    Because of high interest rates and Apple privacy changes, it is very very difficult to launch new games right now.

Studios around the world who don't have successful live service games in operation are really struggling. Thankfully, we have multiple successful live service games.

Consider these factors and think about what you would do if you were Netmarble and Kabam. The obvious answer, and what we are doing, is reinvest in the games that are currently working, and MCoC is #1 on that list.

The future of Kabam runs through MCoC. We all know that, and it's kind of laughable given where the gaming space is right now that players don't understand that. We aren't going anywhere, there is probably more being invested into MCoC right now than ever before.

Not to mention the love we the players have for Marvel. We grew up on comics and films/tv series/animations to a point that we are now able to have these characters at the tips of our fingers. If this isn't a dream come true idk what is. Lol
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I just ignored the post completely and focused on this lol I know some won't agree but the biggest game changer we've had so far since launch was BGs. How exactly are they going to top that off? Cause the next and only step would be real time pvp fights 👀 I can't think of anything else that would be that much of a game changer.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I just ignored the post completely and focused on this lol I know some won't agree but the biggest game changer we've had so far since launch was BGs. How exactly are they going to top that off? Cause the next and only step would be real time pvp fights 👀 I can't think of anything else that would be that much of a game changer.
    Real time pvp fights will never happen... That's just not feasible at all.

Biggest game changer? I think that has to be some new mechanic to champions, like synergy/awakening or relics.
  • Options
    edited July 4

Emilia90 said:

Biggest game changer? I think that has to be some new mechanic to champions, like synergy/awakening or relics.
    Then it won't be the biggest game changer since launch because the biggest game changer since launch so far was BGs, before BGs it was AW etc. It can't be anything as simple as the stuff you mentioned, neither of those would be the biggest game changer since launch, if they are that'd be very disappointing. Crashed made it sound like it's a huge deal, you gotta think big here.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Emilia90 said:

Then it won't be the biggest game changer since launch because the biggest game changer since launch so far was BGs, before BGs it was AW etc. It can't be anything as simple as the stuff you mentioned, neither of those would be the biggest game changer since launch, if they are that'd be very disappointing. Crashed made it sound like it's a huge deal, you gotta think big here.
    They giving us that 6th slot on a quest team finally.
    Or did they took the other thread seriously and releasing 8*s prematurely?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★
    Ceti_Eel said:

Sometimes people just move to new jobs for more $ or it’s closer to home or they want to try a new career. Who knows but i happens everywhere. Doesn’t mean the ship is sinking or a vast conspiracy. Life goes on.

Maybe.

I mean Miike left very abruptly about six weeks ago, which sounds like a reasonable amount of time for someone else who decided they were going to leave, to find a new job, and work through a notice period...

But that's probably just me thinking with my tinfoil hat on.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,355 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Emilia90 said:

Could be something new with champs like maybe relics finally getting a boost where they be a game changer but who knows could be lots of things since could me more alliance based content could be bases (this is just a joke for long term running of coming soon) could be something with pvp but id suspect its something to do with champs so either new sort of relic boost or maybe masteries or something bigger
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Buttehrs said:

Emilia90 said:

Could be something new with champs like maybe relics finally getting a boost where they be a game changer but who knows could be lots of things since could me more alliance based content could be bases (this is just a joke for long term running of coming soon) could be something with pvp but id suspect its something to do with champs so either new sort of relic boost or maybe masteries or something bigger
    Highly doubt it'll be just a champ or relic mechanic lol guys Crashed's words were literally "might be the biggest game changer since launch" you really aren't thinking big enough here. It has to be at the very least a completely new game mode or something that impacts the game on a massive scale but not just a simple champ or relic mechanic or new mastery, that wouldn't even be close to being the biggest game changer since launch.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

I'm not a lawyer and neither are you but on what standing would someone have legal recourse? Red Lobster recently closed. Do I have the ability to sue them for the money I spent? You aren't paying into the company to have a stake, you're paying into the company to get an advantage.

It's fairly ridiculous to even consider that someone would try and file a lawsuit when the ToS is very clear.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Skydad23 said:

You can always buy your way through any game of this caliber. Why would employees feel pressured? Did you even understand what he meant?
    He didn't read it. There's zero chance he understood it. This is just how Skydad is.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Skydad23 said:

Something seems up me. There are so so so many more offers than just even two years ago and realistically, probably 10 times the amount of offers monthly than there were five years ago. Consistently putting out defenders to milk units. A bunch of people off a little over a year ago Big names in the company leaving. It seems like they’re trying to milk it while they can or,….. The higher-ups are just so damn greedy. They don’t care that that this model will destroy the game and their employees are fed up with it and just leaving.

1. Something always seems up to you.
    2. There are not enough hours in the day for there to be ten times more offers than five years ago.
    3. With all due respect to Jax and Miike, and I believe they would both back me up here, they are big names to you because you heard of them, and because they specifically worked in community relations. They were no less, and also no more important to the future of the game than many other people who have left over the years.
    4. One of the guys in charge of "the model" for this game is right here, posting in this thread. You should ask him what he thinks about "the model" destroying the game and driving all the employees away.

He's probably going to tell you the same thing I would, but don't make him angry as he has vastly more control over crystal drops than I do.
    Wait till you find out that Skydad commented again, admits to not reading Crasheds response then goes on to complain about the response.