A beautiful send off for Jax

2»

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    Ceti_Eel said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I have a feeling the game is getting ready to shut down.

Let’s start to say goodbye. I’m surprised MCOC has survived this long. I’m surprised it survived the fallout of 12.0
    12.0 was necessary, regardless of how mad people were 🤷🏼‍♀️
    12.0 nearly destroyed the game, caused people to #boycottMCOC. The management probably never even fully recovered from the fallout and the amount of anger the community had. It was that bad.
    Lol that was like 7 years ago. The game has improved immensely. Move on
    Not to mention, Edison really wasn't around back then. It may seem like longer, but he only joined the forums last year...
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★

Ceti_Eel said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let’s start to say goodbye. I’m surprised MCOC has survived this long. I’m surprised it survived the fallout of 12.0
    12.0 nearly destroyed the game, caused people to #boycottMCOC. The management probably never even fully recovered from the fallout and the amount of anger the community had. It was that bad.
    Not to mention, Edison really wasn't around back then. It may seem like longer, but he only joined the forums last year...
    Also another point wasn’t 12.0 in the old forums before there updated it to this
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

Pandingo said:

So where are he and miike at now and how do we get our money back from net marble? 😅

Miike just announced that he's landed at Gabe Frizzera's new game Kinshift.

Where Jax lands, I have no idea.
    Miike isn’t working on Kinshift, he was just joining in on their livestream
    Ah, okay. I saw Miike mention that he was joining them on stream, and I guess I focused too much on the he was joining them part and not enough on the on stream part, haha.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
    Farewell Jax. You did a great job with the community - staying patient when at times I’m sure the community was frustrating, and frequently being very responsive.

Thank you and best of luck!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    Congrats @DorkLessons hope for the best
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Member Posts: 176
    bit now
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★

The forums will never be the same without you Jax and neither will be the live streams.
    Best wishes, you will be missed

Would be awfully cool to see some of our former overlords return as fellow players from time to time...
  • Legend_WriterLegend_Writer Member Posts: 57
    edited July 4
    Yeah, it'd be cool to see them pop over to the forums every once in a while. I dunno if they would though.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Gonna miss you, Jax!
    Good luck in the future!
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian

Dorky dave is the new community manger
    Kabam Dork 🤨

Was your Pic from DISCORD game server ?

It does match what his apparent new FORUM Moderator account will be.
    There is a newly made @KabamDORK tag, without the silly (space) inbetween which has been causing all sort of problems with people trying to tag Jax and Crashed.

And not by someone pretending like the aforementioned (negative) KabamJaxS…. one that even in farewells here people are still tagging (which makes their fond farewell sound very disingenuous).

New kabamDORK one is listed as a MOD / ADMIN. Hopefully it will stay without the (space). Not sure if that will be the one used for Forum interfacing here or not.

And also on a belated farewell note, a rememberance to a short lived forum name for Miike someone made several years ago (yes, they all get banned from use, but exists)… @KabamMikeIsHot
    Better than the alternate one for Jax that somehow was never deleted (just banned).
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,078 ★★★★
    I was not expecting this will really miss Jax
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    I think Miike and Jax will reunite a little team of developers and make their own MCoC-2 😲
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★★
    miss you kabam jax, you the reason i watched mcoc live stream
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    edited July 5

EdisonLaw said:

Sad to hear. Hope he has a great time at his new job. Gonna miss him for sure.

Let’s hope our next community manager is good
    Or there just won’t be one.
    OMG just imagine the chaos
  • Nacho98Nacho98 Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    See ya
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    I will miss Jax as he had made the community felt more heard and interacted with us quite well. I am sure he will do well wherever he goes to next.
    I always think it is better to leave the company in better shape than when you started. I think he achieve that.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,078 ★★★★
    I dedicate this meme to Jax best of luck to him

• Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 428 ★★
    as someone who has dealt with the public, a LOT, I truly hope you learned to balance the negative voices with the positive. reactionaries and nay-sayers can get to be all you hear and remember, but PLEASE carry away with you the people you connected with, you impacted. if you leave, and you're missed, that's a win.

best of luck in the next endeavor, you're gonna kill it!
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Best of luck out there Jackson! You were a true mensch!
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

*sigh* how many times yall gotta be told this. Community managers have zero to do with actual game development. All they do is respond to posts, post information and act as a go between between the actual game team and players. Them leaving for bigger and better job opportunities has zero to do with the game surviving or not. Everyone know how much money this game makes per month on average. And it's far more than the vast majority of other games on mobile. Game is and will be fine.

Some perspective:

MCOC will continue, but under what company umbrella remains to be seen. The layoffs and Jax gittin' while the gittin's gud is more indicative of the realignment of resources (corporate cost cutting) and increasingly stressful work environment that will be the norm until either Kabam is sold for parts or is folded under another division of Netmarble. The net result remains the same: the game may shamble about for years, but with less resources and way more creative direction from financial metrics than IP and game fans.

Also, good luck in your future endeavors, Jax. Don't be shy on glassdoor.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

*sigh* how many times yall gotta be told this. Community managers have zero to do with actual game development. All they do is respond to posts, post information and act as a go between between the actual game team and players. Them leaving for bigger and better job opportunities has zero to do with the game surviving or not. Everyone know how much money this game makes per month on average. And it's far more than the vast majority of other games on mobile. Game is and will be fine.

Some perspective:

MCOC will continue, but under what company umbrella remains to be seen. The layoffs and Jax gittin' while the gittin's gud is more indicative of the realignment of resources (corporate cost cutting) and increasingly stressful work environment that will be the norm until either Kabam is sold for parts or is folded under another division of Netmarble. The net result remains the same: the game may shamble about for years, but with less resources and way more creative direction from financial metrics than IP and game fans.

Except crashed has already stated their investing even more into mcoc than ever before. So no, it won't be shambling along.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Some perspective:

Except crashed has already stated their investing even more into mcoc than ever before. So no, it won't be shambling along.
    What else you expect him to say? A community manager is the last person to admit the game is shambling. I'm not saying mcoc is at it worse, But we cannot expect a mod to talk bad or accept the popularity of game is declining, if that was the case.
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★
    Thanks for everything Jax. Especially for explaining to me that the other forum mods don't understand what sarcasm isn't!
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    edited July 5

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Some perspective:

What else you expect him to say? A community manager is the last person to admit the game is shambling. I'm not saying mcoc is at it worse, But we cannot expect a mod to talk bad or accept the popularity of game is declining, if that was the case.
    As if he’s obligated to come tell us that he’d bet money that the game will make it to 20 years. He literally said Mcoc is doing better than ever and to expect big things from the reinvestments
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Ceti_Eel said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Edison

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Some perspective:

As if he’s obligated to come tell us that he’d bet money that the game will make it to 20 years. He literally said Mcoc is doing better than ever and to expect big things from the reinvestments
    Yeah I joined last year in March