BGs Mess

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,313 ★★★★★

I'm certainly frustrated by the bugs and other issues in the game, hell, everyone is to some extent or another.

But a lot of the people "defending Kabam" etc are really just disagreeing with the extent and tone that some of you are expressing the issues.

It's similar to when people were screaming blue murder about Blade being in the Titan crystal, and then saying that he's completely useless and had no business being there in the first place. Then when people said "come on, he's not THAT bad, he can do x y and z" they were retaliated against for "defending" him and saying they're just being Kabam stooges, etc.

So from my perspective, the game is frustrating at times and there are some really annoying bugs and issues in the game; the GC meta (which I am in) adds a huge degree of randomness that sometimes makes a fight unwinnable and you're left just hoping that your opponent does worse than you; some of the long-standing bugs are extremely frustrating because of the harm they cause to legitimate strategies (i.e. attacking into the block) is horrendous.

But the extent and degree to which some of you are complaining is ridiculous and the people basically telling you to calm down have a valid point.

It harkens back to the days of 12.0 and the "boycott" which was an utterly pathetic notion that served no purpose other than making a few vocal individuals feel like they were accomplishing something when they were actually doing nothing of the sort.

The game has been frustrating, particularly of late, no arguments here - but let's put some perspective and a bit of benefit of the doubt into this. More than likely they're trying to figure out what's going wrong and either cannot find a solution, or at least one that doesn't cause further issues, and those claiming "just do x y z" need to realise that they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about. I've worked in IT support my entire professional life and the percentage of times that a user has claimed that a solution must be incredibly simple and it actually was would be in the single digits.

Nobody has told anyone to calm down on this thread because none of the complaints on this thread have been blown out of proportion. The few who did comment actually made the complaints even more valid by saying things like "why even bother season is almost over" or "it's the same for everyone" as if that somehow makes everything that's happened with BGs this last week okay, while also acknowledging the fact that there is an issue with BGs indeed and it has been detrimental.

I'm not saying the game has to be perfect but when you have multiple things broken at the same time which are being detrimental to the players cause it forces them to waste extra resources so they can plow through those issues, then some sort of compensation should be given and that's a hill I'm willing to die on even if this thread turns into "Give Everyone Doom" 2.0 lol.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 3,068 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

One time it okay to lay low. Why even bother that’s much yes the loading time is horrible but it almost done. Less then 3 days left

Wdym why bother? They're missing out on 30k-40k trophy tokens because of the loading times, they can't climb up because of them.
    If they’re stuck in uru3 they aren’t missing out on anything due to these issues. And I say that as someone in uru3.
    edited July 15
    TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

One time it okay to lay low. Why even bother that’s much yes the loading time is horrible but it almost done. Less then 3 days left

Wdym why bother? They're missing out on 30k-40k trophy tokens because of the loading times, they can't climb up because of them.
    If they’re stuck in uru3 they aren’t missing out on anything due to these issues. And I say that as someone in uru3.
    Two of them usually reach Mysterium, one of them usually reaches Arcane, they are missing out on a lot of trophy tokens.
    They can't climb up cause the loading times keep screwing them over and over again and they're basically going up and going down, back and forth since last week so they just gave up.
  • JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 213 ★★

Jeancrb said:

Lost my 2 last games because of that. I'm done, thank you for nothing Kabam

Watch the apologists disagree even when you're smearing the proof in their faces 💀
    Yeah maybe they think that it was the same for my opponents but I also have the screenshot of them losing "only" 4-5 seconds in comparison of my 13 and 16 seconds

Jeancrb said:

Watch the apologists disagree even when you're smearing the proof in their faces 💀
    What's that proof of? They lost because of time, I assume that they had their match start later, but how much, and how much later did the opponent's match start? Did theirs start immediately? The same time? Later? We don't know.

We also don't know if that fight where you got awful RNG from the meta node didn't also happen to your opponent, or not, or maybe they got a bad one when you didn't and yet you're more than happy to take the win.

Again, I agree it's frustrating and the relative randomness needs to be sorted out because it is too big of a factor, but there are some pretty massive assumptions being made and people forgetting that the person on the other end of the match is a human player just like that, playing the same game.
    We can talk about all the ifs and buts for hours but at the end of the day it won't change the fact that he lost because of time and he would've won if his game loaded him in properly like it should've regardless of what happened to the other person, and based on my own experiences as well as my teammates this last week, yes I'm going to take things at face value here.
    Have you been watching any streams? Plenty of proof in there as well.

Yes, we're playing playing the same game until one person loads in 30 secs faster than me giving them a massive advantage and absolutely ruining a match I might've been able to win.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 4,083 ★★★★★
    edited July 16
    I’ve routinely have been 15-30 seconds behind but still come out with wins this season but I also lose.

Jeancrb said:

What's that proof of? They lost because of time, I assume that they had their match start later, but how much, and how much later did the opponent's match start? Did theirs start immediately? The same time? Later? We don't know.

We also don't know if that fight where you got awful RNG from the meta node didn't also happen to your opponent, or not, or maybe they got a bad one when you didn't and yet you're more than happy to take the win.

Again, I agree it's frustrating and the relative randomness needs to be sorted out because it is too big of a factor, but there are some pretty massive assumptions being made and people forgetting that the person on the other end of the match is a human player just like that, playing the same game.

I would have not post this without checking the time of my opponent.

First fight Hercule - Onslaught, he is losing 5 seconds when I lose 13. Second fight, Archangel - Nick Fury He has 8 seconds delay, I have 17. this is more or less 700-800 points difference.

Again, regardless the random factor that I agree is applied to everyone, how fair is it that my final ranking will be judged by something I can't control and that Kabam messed up with their last update and not my skills? Why should I not hope for any compensation as a long time player who put time in BG this season?

Today I would be in Gamma 2 instead of Uru 2. And I will end up Uru 3 instead of Esoteric because I don't wanna play a mode that doesn't reward my skills or my knowledge of the game.
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don't get much fun now when reporting bugs, Miike and Jax are gone, who to annoy now 😮‍💨
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 2,006 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Honestly I don't get much fun now when reporting bugs, Miike and Jax are gone, who to annoy now 😮‍💨

Dave :smile: KabamDork.
    Jeancrb said:

First fight Hercule - Onslaught, he is losing 5 seconds when I lose 13. Second fight, Archangel - Nick Fury He has 8 seconds delay, I have 17. this is more or less 700-800 points difference.

Again, regardless the random factor that I agree is applied to everyone, how fair is it that my final ranking will be judged by something I can't control and that Kabam messed up with their last update and not my skills? Why should I not hope for any compensation as a long time player who put time in BG this season?

Today I would be in Gamma 2 instead of Uru 2. And I will end up Uru 3 instead of Esoteric because I don't wanna play a mode that doesn't reward my skills or my knowledge of the game.

Honest question - how do you know how much of a delay your opponent had? Did you check with them? I start my fight, get my timer, game loads, fight starts - how do you know whether your opponent had more or less of a delay than you did? I genuinely would like to know. Thanks.

As for compensation, I agree that it's deserved and hope that Kabam do the right thing in the aftermath of this BG season. I mentioned in another thread that I would be really interested to know how much of what's unfolded Kabam intended with this meta - did they genuinely intend for it to be such a roulette with some legitimately unmanageable combinations, and if so, did they really expect the community to just accept it?

A lot of people declared that Kabam clearly just didn't test it enough, and maybe that's true, or maybe they just miscalculated and figured that such infernal combinations are rare enough that they're acceptable, or maybe they knew it was going to be so random and thought that it would shake up the leaderboard, or maybe something else...we may never know, but I hope they clear it up and we can get something better next time around.

PT_99 said:

Jeancrb said:

Honest question - how do you know how much of a delay your opponent had? Did you check with them? I start my fight, get my timer, game loads, fight starts - how do you know whether your opponent had more or less of a delay than you did? I genuinely would like to know. Thanks.

As for compensation, I agree that it's deserved and hope that Kabam do the right thing in the aftermath of this BG season. I mentioned in another thread that I would be really interested to know how much of what's unfolded Kabam intended with this meta - did they genuinely intend for it to be such a roulette with some legitimately unmanageable combinations, and if so, did they really expect the community to just accept it?

A lot of people declared that Kabam clearly just didn't test it enough, and maybe that's true, or maybe they just miscalculated and figured that such infernal combinations are rare enough that they're acceptable, or maybe they knew it was going to be so random and thought that it would shake up the leaderboard, or maybe something else...we may never know, but I hope they clear it up and we can get something better next time around.
    Yes sorry my screenshot are in French so it is maybe not clear. You just need to check the timer of the fight on the result screen that let you know how many points players scored, and then you click on the (I) - information point of the fight to know the actual real timer your opponent had to complete his fight. This is how I know I lost 17 seconds and the opponent 8.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,881 ★★★★★
    edited July 16
    I don’t have the issue much at all…because I play my three matches in GC every other day and then put the mode away. :#

To be fair, loading times with this update are slow across the board. Just exploring EQ last night I found myself staring at the DP, Arcade and Wolvie screen for 20+ seconds waiting for fights to load.

Dr. Zola
  • KLZKLZ Posts: 215 ★★
    I demand a 7* Sig201 R3 Serpent, for not having the loading time issue like my fellow summoners!!
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 2,006 ★★★★★
    Jeancrb said:

Yes sorry my screenshot are in French so it is maybe not clear. You just need to check the timer of the fight on the result screen that let you know how many points players scored, and then you click on the (I) - information point of the fight to know the actual real timer your opponent had to complete his fight. This is how I know I lost 17 seconds and the opponent 8.

Thank you, I had no idea you could do that, I'll definitely check it out!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,772 ★★★★★
    Not only the reparry bug, there is also the effects of intimidate not working and also the bad RNG meta in BGs
    Jeancrb said:

Jeancrb said:

How are people still disagreeing to this perfectly logical explanation, I am absolutely speechless.

PT_99 said:

Jeancrb said:

You see why I and others are asking for compensation now? Maybe a few people exaggerated when it comes to the frequency of the bug but it definitely has been detrimental enough to the point some people who usually climb up higher are unable to climb up.
    It sucks that the meta itself which is completely random can already screw you over and dictate how a match will go, you add the fact that the loading time bug which is also completely random can also screw you over and dictate how a match will go, and the result is this: win one lose one and you're stuck in that loop forever because the chances that neither of those will trigger at any point in a match are small.
    As for the compensation itself, nobody's asking for a free Titan crystal or anything like that of course. Just a bunch of trophy tokens and elder marks to compensate for the extra effort a lot of people had to put in this last week since some were still unable to climb up regardless.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,674 ★★★★★
    edited July 16
    The worst part is they can actively track the actual "fight duration" but for some reason they choose to actively add the loading times into the scoring. Luckily being on the iPhone 15 my loading times didn't go up too much, but it has gone from 3-5 seconds to 7-10.

Between the loading time increase, the reparry issues, AI not being affected by infuriate, taunt or intimidate, and crush/unblockable constantly hindering me. I hate this BG even more than last season some how.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 450 ★★★

The worst part is they can actively track the actual "fight duration" but for some reason they choose to actively add the loading times into the scoring. Luckily being on the iPhone 15 my loading times didn't go up too much, but it has gone from 3-5 seconds to 7-10.

Between the loading time increase, the reparry issues, AI not being affected by infuriate, taunt or intimidate, and crush/unblockable constantly hindering me. I hate this BG even more than last season some how.

They add loading times because people exploited restart.

If they messed up a 30 second fight its easier to reload game, jump back in and clean up for win... so as always, these issues are thanks to the few exploiting a bug because they can accept they're bad at the game and need to redo it
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,674 ★★★★★

They add loading times because people exploited restart.

If they messed up a 30 second fight its easier to reload game, jump back in and clean up for win... so as always, these issues are thanks to the few exploiting a bug because they can accept they're bad at the game and need to redo it
    I forgot restarting in BG was even a thing because I'm not scummy enough to try it. I always assumed you force close/DC you forfeit. That's what happened on my last DC.

Just lost the last like 7 matches in a row. All due mostly to bugs, but also hackers and PTW ... this is just disgusting at this point. Two entire hours and only lost progress

Last night I dropped down from Gamma 1 to Uru 1, only one of them was a loading time issue but I know for other people it's happening a lot more often.
    I'm back at Arcane 3 now with 170 points and that's where I'm staying, I'm done. The level of malding this game put me through this last week was... definitely something else, next time we have bs metas or bugs like these I'll just take a break for a month, it's not worth it.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 110 ★★
    I don’t even want to play battlegrounds anymore. I’ve literally never finished below arcane and i can’t even get out of uru 3. I dont know if it’s the match making or there are just a ton of people playing bgs this season or what but this is disheartening. Instead of my normal minimum 30k trophy tokens and 4k 7 star shards i get next to nothing. All the accounts i’m facing in uru 3 are massive accounts too. Like, did no smaller accounts make it to gc or am i just not matching them because i have a bigger account? You guys need to add rankings and buff the rewards if this is going to continue next season because i’m not playing bgs for this uru 3 ****.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    I shouldn’t have played the last day everyone I’m versing seems to have photon, onslaught, serpent and bullseye as 7 stars somehow
    Smeagz23 said:

I don’t even want to play battlegrounds anymore. I’ve literally never finished below arcane and i can’t even get out of uru 3. I dont know if it’s the match making or there are just a ton of people playing bgs this season or what but this is disheartening. Instead of my normal minimum 30k trophy tokens and 4k 7 star shards i get next to nothing. All the accounts i’m facing in uru 3 are massive accounts too. Like, did no smaller accounts make it to gc or am i just not matching them because i have a bigger account? You guys need to add rankings and buff the rewards if this is going to continue next season because i’m not playing bgs for this uru 3 ****.

It's not the matchmaking that's to blame, it's the bugs. Matchmaking should be random in GC to prevent small accounts who have no business being Celestial, getting to Celestial.
    The issue here is a lot of people with f2p accounts have dropped BGs this last week because of the bugs, most of my alliance teammates are getting the Magnetron crystal and calling it a day, the loading time bugs + the whole reparry situation + the RNG mess of a meta we got has driven most people away the past few days.
    When I reached Arcane 3 again earlier today I had to wait three minutes to find a match, when the waiting times in Arcane are just as bad as in Celestial you know something's wrong.
  • Adri5846Adri5846 Posts: 51

TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

Two of them usually reach Mysterium, one of them usually reaches Arcane, they are missing out on a lot of trophy tokens.
    They can't climb up cause the loading times keep screwing them over and over again and they're basically going up and going down, back and forth since last week so they just gave up.
    This is my firts season that i reach Arcane 3 with all the issues, including the loading time. I dont know how good are your friends but the rng is the same for all and the loading issue apparently it is for the majority of the players so i think that they couldnt be excuses for not being at Arcane o Mysterium...
    Adri5846 said:

TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

This is my firts season that i reach Arcane 3 with all the issues, including the loading time. I dont know how good are your friends but the rng is the same for all and the loading issue apparently it is for the majority of the players so i think that they couldnt be excuses for not being at Arcane o Mysterium...
    No, the loading issue is not the same for everyone, for some people it is happening more often and for some it's not happening at all. A forum guardian commented on this thread and said they haven't had a single loading issue the whole week, for me it's only happened a couple of times, for some of my alliance teammates it's happened a lot of times and they've been sending multiple screenshots of it to our BGs chat. You're 100% wrong there.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,979 ★★★★★

Adri5846 said:

TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

No, the loading issue is not the same for everyone, for some people it is happening more often and for some it's not happening at all. A forum guardian commented on this thread and said they haven't had a single loading issue the whole week, for me it's only happened a couple of times, for some of my alliance teammates it's happened a lot of times and they've been sending multiple screenshots of it to our BGs chat. You're 100% wrong there.
    My loading times were costing me an average of 15 seconds per a match. I hit 259 on Friday and decided to lock it in as I was tired of getting reparried or losing on time.

Just got reparried using Spidey 2099 in arena today… so I feel like it was the right choice. Ever since the update this game mode is a parody of itself.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,773 ★★★★★

Adri5846 said:

TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

There's a loading issue?
    BigBlueOx said:

Adri5846 said:

TyEdge said:

Gamer said:

My loading times were costing me an average of 15 seconds per a match. I hit 259 on Friday and decided to lock it in as I was tired of getting reparried or losing on time.

Just got reparried using Spidey 2099 in arena today… so I feel like it was the right choice. Ever since the update this game mode is a parody of itself.
    I have an alliance teammate who lives on the other side of the world and whenever he had the issues which was 60% of the time it was literally taking 25-30 just to load in, it's absolutely ridiculous and pathetic.

RNG grounds living up to it's name, instead of worrying about playing the game you have to worry about your fingers and making sure they're crossed.