Balance system is a joke, something needs to be done! Referring to DLL comments on silver sable

Maxwell24Maxwell24 Member Posts: 432 ★★★
edited August 4 in General Discussion
Quote was basically

"A lot of people complaint about her damage but the people who have her ranked and sigged tell damage isn't really an issue If you're hoping for
a damage increase what leave that hope What exactly a tune up on her would be But I'm not speculating anything"

Woah just woah, sable might not get buffed because she has what 2 fans that say she's good?

Iron fist has a few fans who say his damage is good might as well not buff him! This laziness is incredibly insane and honestly insulting to the community, so many champs that came out recently needed tune ups like dust and ironheart but kabam just couldn't be bothered,

sable is a champ who honestly is not that good, with some utility I guess and way below average damage that takes awhile to ramp up and even then it's not good!

She deserves to be a skill shuri I honestly just want a tiny damage increase but guess what DLL I like uhhh what would we even do?

DO U UNDERSTAND HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY WOULD GIVE YOU A PERFECT BUFF CONCEPT!

DLL I'm a fan of your champs but honestly this was crazy, stop making champs that turn off masteries and actually put effort into the game

#GIVESABLEWHATSHEDESERVES!!!!

Also cmon yall look at that so called psychoman buff like cmon look me in the eye and tell me that was good 😢

This is not just about sable this is about the countless times kabam has out a terrible buff and or neglected to even give a champ a buff!

Give this post some love, kabam has got to listen to the community sometime
Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• Maxwell24Maxwell24 Member Posts: 432 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Stop expecting damage its clear what there doing which is not every champ is used in every game mode they are made for what ever in sable case it might be aw just because low damage but guess what no everyone should have high dps or just makes the game boring as u will just see them everywhere its already bad since u see herc everywhere some are made for all the utility the posses

When bgs is the main game mode being pushed I expect new champs to be at the very least usable and sable and dust guess what they aren't!
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★
    Maxwell24 said:

Bendy said:

Stop expecting damage its clear what there doing which is not every champ is used in every game mode they are made for what ever in sable case it might be aw just because low damage but guess what no everyone should have high dps or just makes the game boring as u will just see them everywhere its already bad since u see herc everywhere some are made for all the utility the posses

When bgs is the main game mode being pushed I expect new champs to be at the very least usable and sable and dust guess what they aren't!
    Not every champ gets assigned bgs though as when they say of karatemikes options on where used he says where guess people look over that like enchantress he said she be mainly bgs defender or long content but guess what shes apparently trash damage but guess what thats not her design intent
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    Balance system is a joke. Just increase his damage in 5x and she is good. Loss of time.
  • ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Member Posts: 35
    edited August 4
    Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

"A lot of people complaint about her damage but the people who have her ranked and sigged tell damage isn't really an issue If you're hoping for
    a damage increase what leave that hope What exactly a tune up on her would be But I'm not speculating anything"

Woah just woah, sable might not get buffed because she has what 2 fans that say she's good?

Iron fist has a few fans who say his damage is good might as well not buff him! This laziness is incredibly insane and honestly insulting to the community, so many champs that came out recently needed tune ups like dust and ironheart but kabam just couldn't be bothered,

sable is a champ who honestly is not that good, with some utility I guess and way below average damage that takes awhile to ramp up and even then it's not good!

She deserves to be a skill shuri I honestly just want a tiny damage increase but guess what DLL I like uhhh what would we even do?

DO U UNDERSTAND HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY WOULD GIVE YOU A PERFECT BUFF CONCEPT!

DLL I'm a fan of your champs but honestly this was crazy, stop making champs that turn off masteries and actually put effort into the game

Also cmon yall look at that so called psychoman buff like cmon look me in the eye and tell me that was good 😢

This is not just about sable this is about the countless times kabam has out a terrible buff and or neglected to even give a champ a buff!

From everything he said about balancing in his stream, this is the only take u have.. wow thats kinda dissapointing. I was in the same stream and he just made an example, that her damage is higher that some might think. he never implied if she would have a damage buff or not.

just wait and see. Till now i think almost all reworks have been good, so lets just expect the same of this one (if its coming).

Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

From everything he said about balancing in his stream, this is the only take u have.. wow thats kinda dissapointing. I was in the same stream and he just made an example, that her damage is higher that some might think. he never implied if she would have a damage buff or not.

just wait and see. Till now i think almost all reworks have been good, so lets just expect the same of this one (if its coming).

I only saw this quote from a friend didn't watch the whole stream busy atm will take this into consideration
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

We shouldn't expect every champ to have great bg damage, I agree, But somehow every champ is borderline good in defense? Like when was the last time we had a defensively dud like shang chi or sunspot like champ? All champs released this year is little annoying in defense atleast, even ironheart is supposedly a good defender. But we have pure offensive mid champs like sable.

Tldr : They can release trash attackers like sable when they start releasing trash defenders like shang chi.
    Attackers have been disappointed this year sure but we’ve had 2 really rough defenders this year and a lot of eh or useless. Ironheart sucks on defense, White Tiger is honestly very easy to manage, Punk sucks, destroyer is easy when a meta isn’t boosting him, prowler is easy, sable is easy, Negasonic is incredibly easy with any tech, Northstar is easy, etc
  • ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Member Posts: 35
    Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

I only saw this quote from a friend didn't watch the whole stream busy atm will take this into consideration
    next time, make sure u know all info before making a strong statement as this. Ur saying the whole balance system is a joke, based on a VERY small part of a stream u were not even attending urself? i hope u see that is quite overstating it.

we should be happy someone as DLL is as open as he is and is sharing nice insides from his perspective. You do not have to agree with them all (so do i), but you can still respect it.

and again: looking at last year, what champ balance dissapointed you after the starting period? imo the balance system is working really well and most champs are doing amazing after a buff (which they needed)
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,792 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Bendy said:

We shouldn't expect every champ to have great bg damage, I agree, But somehow every champ is borderline good in defense? Like when was the last time we had a defensively dud like shang chi or sunspot like champ? All champs released this year is little annoying in defense atleast, even ironheart is supposedly a good defender. But we have pure offensive mid champs like sable.

Tldr : They can release trash attackers like sable when they start releasing trash defenders like shang chi.
    Attackers have been disappointed this year sure but we’ve had 2 really rough defenders this year and a lot of eh or useless. Ironheart sucks on defense, White Tiger is honestly very easy to manage, Punk sucks, destroyer is easy when a meta isn’t boosting him, prowler is easy, sable is easy, Negasonic is incredibly easy with any tech, Northstar is easy, etc
    Managable is not equal trash. I mean sable is pure dogsh*t. Literally the worst in the last 2 years offensively.

But champs this year atleast have something defensively. Northstar and ironheart are easy, Others atleast have something to provide on defense. That's what I mean.

We can have pure bs champs like sable the day we have pure bs defenders like shang chi.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Bendy said:

Managable is not equal trash. I mean sable is pure dogsh*t. Literally the worst in the last 2 years offensively.

But champs this year atleast have something defensively. Northstar and ironheart are easy, Others atleast have something to provide on defense. That's what I mean.

We can have pure bs champs like sable the day we have pure bs defenders like shang chi.
    That’s not unique to 2024. The defensive mechanics this year are very simple and any small defensive potential is negligible

Kate had reposte to evade, Viv had power drain and a hard to avoid sp1, zemo has crit, moondragon had falter, etc. All easy defenders but with minor defensive quirks which isn’t anything new and that also applies to most 2024 champs. A small defensive ability doesn’t make them defenders and most of them are potatoes

Serpent and Bullseye are the echelon of hard defenders and we have Dust in 3rd who’s decently hard
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★
    Ill say this what i said in another thread kabam mentioned they was designing defenderrs as we have had so many op champs yet not strong enough defenders thats why this year we are seeing a lot of defenders but these also designed a year in advance so next year there might be more attackers maybe 50/50 we dont know but we should of expected this year be year of defenders when they said some champs were tuned down in defense after they knew the issue with serpent and bullseye meta of x magica
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Bendy said:

But at least this year's champs are not absolute potatoes on defense like Shang or Sunspot.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Member Posts: 173 ★★
    I enjoy her and have her as a r3 7* but I do feel there are some quality of life changes that would make her more enjoyable and someone you want to use for a specific match up with how her kit is currently
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★

I enjoy her and have her as a r3 7* but I do feel there are some quality of life changes that would make her more enjoyable and someone you want to use for a specific match up with how her kit is currently

Can you elaborate?

Genuinely asking - I don't have her at any rarity; but I'm curious about how you find her; why you do/don't play her; what her damage is like, etc.

There's a lot of hate around - I'd like to hear some of the positives.
    edited August 4

Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

You couldn't watch the video but you could come here, make an entire post about a comment taken completely out of context? Classic forum experience.
    Not rlly out of context the context was sable, if u could elaborate more on said context then I would appreciate that because as far as I know the context was DLL responding to the question "DO you have any idea if sable will get a tune up?"
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★
    Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

You couldn't watch the video but you could come here, make an entire post about a comment taken completely out of context? Classic forum experience.
    Not rlly out of context the context was sable, if u could elaborate more on said context then I would appreciate that
    That DLL said more in the video than what you posted here. You based this whole thread off one quoted sentence instead of the entire video.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 4
    If DLL really said this I am definitely worried about future releases and tune ups as well.
    Edit: absolutely hilarious how a lot of people seem to have been completely brainwashed this year after all the duds and mid attackers with cool animations, they don't even care anymore as long as animations are 10/10 💀
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian
    Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Maxwell24 said:

Quote was basically

Not rlly out of context the context was sable, if u could elaborate more on said context then I would appreciate that because as far as I know the context was DLL responding to the question "DO you have any idea if sable will get a tune up?"
    It is DLL, he does a pretty good job of setting expectations. He isn't going to tell you to expect a tune up unless the balance team has already decided they are going to tune her up. Promising a tune up this early could be problematic if someone finds some synergy or rotation or playstyle that hasn't been seen before, but makes her a lot better than previously seen. In the off chance that happens, then they would probably not tune her up which would make everyone angry because Kabam Dev said she would be tuned up.

I hope for changes to her, even if those changes are just QoL additions to her loop.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 915 ★★★★

Lol I’m watching his stream rn and heard him say that a little while ago. And yea, I rolled my eyes. I don’t necessarily think it’s laziness on kabam’s part, but she does not come anywhere close to the 4/5 damage she’s supposed to have.

I know a lot of people like DLL for his champ designs, and I respect the effort he puts in, but damn do I disagree with so many things he says. I get that as a designer he’s gonna be strict on what he thinks is “too strong,” but he has called Kingpin broken, he said today that he thinks Cheeilth and Onslaught have too good of heavy reach, and that they went too far with them. Then he defends every new mid champ with arguments like what he said for sable that are just so blatantly untrue. He literally assumes that everyone who comments on sable doesn’t use her, which means he thinks barely anyone actually plays her lmao.

But the irony of it all is that he’s who designed serpent, the biggest meta breaker of them all. Ok rant over.

While I also sometimes tend to disagree with DLL, let's talk about the 3 champions you mentioned. KP is nowhere near as broken as he was, say a yr ago, but upon rework he was. Next, Cheeilth & Onslaught, both their heavies do have a ridiculous heavy reach. More Cheeilth than Onslaught, imo, but again he's not wrong. As much I enjoy using OG hulk, his rework, especially the sp1 stun lock is also busted. He's not advocating for those things to be changed now, he's just stating both, his opinion & what he thinks is his truth. While I'll agree with him, you don't have to, but if you look at it from as an impartial observation w/out investment, you might agree too. Lastly, as for serpent, I'd be willing to bet he probably think he needs a defensive tune down. I'm not trying to "white knight" for DLL, he's just speaking from a game standpoint & sees the whole picture. Where as us as the community, have a tendency to balk at champion changes, especially when it comes to changes that would effect champions we use in possibly the way others deem "busted"
This discussion has been closed.