Kabam's Crucible guide is not reliable

crsjcarloscrsjcarlos Member Posts: 9
Kabam posted on the website a guide to the completion of Crucible, with suggestions of champions to use. One of the suggestions is Guillotine 2099 against Gwenperion. So I went to use Guilootine 2099, and it's just impossible. I wasted my time getting there for relying on this useless guide. you should delete that link from the guide.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,951 ★★★★★
    I used rocket raccoon ... Didn't worked too, had to revive and quit every fight before she healed
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,003 ★★★★

Use dragonman here, spam sp2.
    Red Mags is old school if you want.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★
    Once again, 5 star gorr soloes the fight easily in maybe 2 mins or less
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    Do you have Despair turned on in your masteries?

I tried the fight with Ironheart because I watched someone else do the fight with her and it looked easy. But for me, Gwen kept healing even though she had constant incinerates on her. I was almost ready to restart my run when someone told me to turn on Despair. I did that and then instantly got her down without an issue. I don’t usually think to change my masteries for a specific fight, but it made all the difference for this one. Hopefully this can help someone else not have to restart their run too.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,951 ★★★★★
    Despair shouldn't do anything. She shrugs off debuffs and then heal after
  • crsjcarloscrsjcarlos Member Posts: 9
    Ashacekar said:

Use dragonman here, spam sp2.
    Red Mags is old school if you want.
    I used him at the second try
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 509 ★★★

Kabam posted on the website a guide to the completion of Crucible, with suggestions of champions to use. One of the suggestions is Guillotine 2099 against Gwenperion. So I went to use Guilootine 2099, and it's just impossible. I wasted my time getting there for relying on this useless guide. you should delete that link from the guide.

The spreadsheet planner they linked is not Kabam-made. As with any community created resource, there are bound to be small mistakes as many suggestions are theory crafted, some details in nodes get missed, etc. They’re unfortunate and obviously one would prefer to be infallible, but they happen. Egg put a lot of work into that planner and it is far from useless. Sorry you got stuck
    I mean, Kabam should have really spot checked something they're endorsing BEFORE telling the players to use it
  • ace007venturaace007ventura Member Posts: 30

I used rocket raccoon ... Didn't worked too, had to revive and quit every fight before she healed

Same issue. Went with RR. She is healing back. Was ready to quit the whole thing. I guess i will quit before she heals back & go again. Thanks man.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,820 ★★★★★

The spreadsheet planner they linked is not Kabam-made. As with any community created resource, there are bound to be small mistakes as many suggestions are theory crafted, some details in nodes get missed, etc. They’re unfortunate and obviously one would prefer to be infallible, but they happen. Egg put a lot of work into that planner and it is far from useless. Sorry you got stuck
    I mean, Kabam should have really spot checked something they're endorsing BEFORE telling the players to use it
    They're not forcing you to use it. They simply say if you need help, check this guide out. It's a planner for you and not the end all be all solution for tackling the quest. It's not like Kabams logo is stamped on it or anything like that.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 971 ★★★
    Went with 6*R4 Juggs, just Hulked out on gwenmaster solo.
    I was surprised it was that easy with Juggs, without worrying about reverse controls.
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 526 ★★★
    My 5 star r5 ascended Ronan did great. Don’t always trust everything you read. It’s always helpful to check out the various streams out there and see which champs were used.

I was surprised it was that easy with Juggs, without worrying about reverse controls.

My bad, I spoke too soon without realizing it's Gwenperion. I used Hyperion spamming sp1 for Gwenperion.
    I had trouble keeping the incinerate up as I got her to 15% twice, but she ended up 100% healed up. I had about close to 800 on the hit combo. Baiting out the sps and keeping track of the timer was a nuance.
    There were plenty of tutorials on yt and several guides out there.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Domino wrecked her easily.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,416 Guardian

My bad, I spoke too soon without realizing it's Gwenperion. I used Hyperion spamming sp1 for Gwenperion.
    I had trouble keeping the incinerate up as I got her to 15% twice, but she ended up 100% healed up. I had about close to 800 on the hit combo. Baiting out the sps and keeping track of the timer was a nuance.
    Gwenperion has no sp3 so you didn't have to bait specials from her.
    edited August 15
    Pikolu said:

Gwenperion has no sp3 so you didn't have to bait specials from her.
    What I'm referring to is when trying to dash in to apply an incinerate, I rather not have GP unleash any sp. There's been times dashing in resulted GP unexpectedly shooting off an sp.