Runestones to Shards

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
edited March 25 in General Discussion
Quick question:

I believe it was @Kabam Crashed who told us that the X-Magica Runestones could be traded in for Crytal Shards at some point.

Will we learn about the conversion rates before the Runestones in the Trader‘s Outpost disappear? That knowledge would help decide whether to buy them there or not.

I‘m not gonna get 7* NC because I never reach GC in BG, so I would skip on buying the Stones from the Trader‘s outpost, unless they will give a nice amount of shards…

Thanks!

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,170 ★★★★★
    Here's hoping we can trade for 7* stars shards
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,354 ★★★★★
    I don't care for Nightcrawler tbh, I've been trading in for 5* versions as a iso source

Wonder too what it'll be able to be traded too
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Thanks!
  • StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Member Posts: 53
    So is the only way to get 7* NC by purchasing daily deals?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    @Kabam Crashed
    What is the plan for 7* Nightcrawler : joining the basic pool after a while? Collector champion (won’t reappear)? Reward in another event?

In other words, is there any interest to keep the Nightcrawler runestones?
  • FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 143 ★★

You can get 120 runestone by playing, if you miss any you will have to buy them
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,450 ★★★★★

120*150 is 18000. And atleast 70% of basic pool champs are better than buffed NC. We can also get 3k shards extra by going to basic crystal.

He gonna end up like civil warrior from cap comissionary event.

They may make an event with special objective to use 7* NC.
  • RoggamRoggam Member Posts: 127
    Quiet you
  • StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Member Posts: 53
    Folkvangr said:

Am I missing something? I’m pretty sure I only got 10 from the Trader’s Depot?

• Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited March 26

Folkvangr said:

I think the cap on the runestones resets every month. So you can buy 10 a month over 3 months = 30
  • FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 143 ★★

Folkvangr said:

Runestones reset monthly

• Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Member Posts: 50

Folkvangr said:

Event is a 3-month period, so they'll reset in April and May in the trader outpost
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 167
    Folkvangr said:

Did Kabam mention cost of the runestones? I was busy with travels this month, so I’m behind in bg. I’m not sure if I want to push in the next half day.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,948 ★★★★★

Folkvangr said:

Did Kabam mention cost of the runestones? I was busy with travels this month, so I’m behind in bg. I’m not sure if I want to push in the next half day.
    They’re in the daily offers. $5 for 2 if you’re valiant. Not sure about paragon if they get 2 or 1.

So at least $25 if you need to catch up by missing GC.

Folkvangr said:

They’re in the daily offers. $5 for 2 if you’re valiant. Not sure about paragon if they get 2 or 1.

Thank you for the reply. I’m a F2P player, so I was asking about buying them with units.

• G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Folkvangr said:

Paragon get only 1 for 5$

Folkvangr said:

Thank you for the reply. I’m a F2P player, so I was asking about buying them with units.

You cannot buy them for units.
    Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if there were any announced plans for unit purchases, like right before or after the saga ends. It seems something they would do so that players can make up the difference.

Or, I’ll just wait for NC to be added in the 7* basic pool. It’s not like I have to have him right away.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

The conversion will be 150 7* Shards per Runestone. It won't be available until the end of the Saga.

Dude that’s insane that’s WAY more valuable to me than 7-star Nightcrawler
    But what happens when you use the 18k to get vtd? Lol
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if there were any announced plans for unit purchases, like right before or after the saga ends. It seems something they would do so that players can make up the difference.

Or, I’ll just wait for NC to be added in the 7* basic pool. It’s not like I have to have him right away.

They do have a way to make up the difference. Its buying the daily special.
  • BluestoneBluestone Member Posts: 33
    Guys, bringing this post back to ask if we will ever get more X-Magica Runestones for units or through events .
    Got 103 runestones , because i couldn't ,at that time, reach the GC every season , and i hit a dead end at my incursion runs, so i just quit .
    Hope to see official response to this ..
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Bluestone said:

Guys, bringing this post back to ask if we will ever get more X-Magica Runestones for units or through events .
    Got 103 runestones , because i couldn't ,at that time, reach the GC every season , and i hit a dead end at my incursion runs, so i just quit .

Could have just made a new thread, but regardless i’ll answer myself.

The answer is no, kabam mike said on the stream before sagas were implemented that once the saga ends those runes etc will never come back.

Night crawler, who was what those stones were used for, isn’t even in the tab store anymore. The stones could be traded in for shards but that has ended as well which i doubt they would bring back as well.
  • BluestoneBluestone Member Posts: 33
    Lokx said:

Bluestone said:

Could have just made a new thread, but regardless i’ll answer myself.

The answer is no, kabam mike said on the stream before sagas were implemented that once the saga ends those runes etc will never come back.

Night crawler, who was what those stones were used for, isn’t even in the tab store anymore. The stones could be traded in for shards but that has ended as well which i doubt they would bring back as well.
    What!!! , so all those runestones are worthless now .. so all that grind for nothing because i missed few tokens ...
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    Bluestone said:

<
    What!!! , so all those runestones are worthless now .. so all that grind for nothing because i missed few tokens ...

Worthless because you also missed (or skipped?) the 1-month period to trade the runestones for 7* shards.
    That period started at the end of the first saga, and was announced several weeks before.
  • DuboisDubois Member Posts: 126
    Dont wanna make a separate post for this, can we use the saga gem even after the saga ends?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Dubois said:

Dont wanna make a separate post for this, can we use the saga gem even after the saga ends?

Yes
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 828 ★★★
    Bluestone said:

Enjoy your collectable stones, you get to have them forever