Hercules state 2024 kabams new bff

PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
Here we go. The concern the game developers and many players had was that he basically broke the game. I won't get into to that we all know the story. But I will say this. The concerns surrounding him no longer exist in 2024.
1. High tier players don't use him for any but the most niche and specific everest fights.
2. He's mostly used for mid to low tier content that is super grindy and annoying (incursions/aq) things we HAVE to do but nobody really looks forward to (albeit thr tactic incursions were fun this time round)
3. In battlegrounds he's a non threat 9/10 times he is picked as an attacker I still walk away winning.
4. His true value - personally. I believe his true value is to new players and players who chose to use units over skill and strategy. And as a company the things kabam and the big wigs at marble want are new players...and unit spending. So he went from their biggest concern to their best friend. And that just tickles me pink.
5. Feel free to disagree. I think he's boring and basic. But I feel most higher tier players will agree. The herc reign is over and I wouldn't even chase him as a 7*.

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,003 ★★★★★
    There's a reason he's most blacklisted and banned hero in wars 👍
  • AzureAzure Member Posts: 121
    Can we get a TLDR?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    Well this is certainly an opinion piece.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    So in a nutshell, Hercules is bad?

Well good to know. RDTs please Kabam?
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 240 ★★★
    So basically Herc is bad, nobody good uses him, and Kabam actually likes Herc’s presence in the game. This truly is one of the opinions of all time.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,042 ★★★★
    Basically more hercules equals less units for kabam. Imagine kabam just releases 6.1.5 crossbones. Imagine how many revives(so units(so money)) would be used across the player base. Now imagine everyone just used hercules. It doesn't seem like it but I could see how that could actually dent kabam income even if by an almost impercetble amount. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Member Posts: 1,131 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

The herc reign is over and I wouldn't even chase him as a 7*.

Yeah Herc as a 7 star would be horrible. Feel free to release him as a 7 star Kabam because no one will chase him….including me

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,240 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Here we go. The concern the game developers and many players had was that he basically broke the game. I won't get into to that we all know the story. But I will say this. The concerns surrounding him no longer exist in 2024.
    1. High tier players don't use him for any but the most niche and specific everest fights.
    2. He's mostly used for mid to low tier content that is super grindy and annoying (incursions/aq) things we HAVE to do but nobody really looks forward to (albeit thr tactic incursions were fun this time round)
    3. In battlegrounds he's a non threat 9/10 times he is picked as an attacker I still walk away winning.
    4. His true value - personally. I believe his true value is to new players and players who chose to use units over skill and strategy. And as a company the things kabam and the big wigs at marble want are new players...and unit spending. So he went from their biggest concern to their best friend. And that just tickles me pink.
    5. Feel free to disagree. I think he's boring and basic. But I feel most higher tier players will agree. The herc reign is over and I wouldn't even chase him as a 7*.

You know how Corvus lost its edge as a 6*... And then you got people with 7r3s because it gained back his value?... Well Hercules is in the same boat. If he was introduced as a 7* it would be an instant r3, r4 and r5 in the future... So he is still broken.
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Member Posts: 249
    Opinions are like .. noses
    Everybody has one 🤯🤡
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 719 ★★★

Everybody has one 🤯🤡

Except Red Skull. Smh
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,706 ★★★★★
    edited August 23

Everybody has one 🤯🤡

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,036 ★★★★
    Honestly I want Hercules as 7 star even Quake and Magik too having them as banquet champions would be a treat. They should of course be rare trophies to acquire like jessica jones. But sadly that wish isn't coming true since it was a great dream and i just woke up. 😪
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Bro's just salty he hasn't pulled a 6* Herc after 3 years
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,274 Guardian

Basically more hercules equals less units for kabam. Imagine kabam just releases 6.1.5 crossbones. Imagine how many revives(so units(so money)) would be used across the player base. Now imagine everyone just used hercules. It doesn't seem like it but I could see how that could actually dent kabam income even if by an almost impercetble amount. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong

You're wrong.

Let's generalize. If only all the champs were stronger, everyone would blast through content quicker. True or false?

False. The content doesn't fall from the sky. The devs build the content. They build it to have a certain level of difficulty. How do they know they hit their target? Datamining. There's no difficulty meter you can buy from Amazon that tells you how difficult content is. You know it is easy if everyone beats it. You know it is hard when no one beats it. It is the playerbase, specifically their game play data, that tells the devs when the content is too easy or too hard or just right. The content reflects how strong our rosters are and how strong we are when we play the game.

No one champ is going to make the game easy in the long run, because content isn't created that way. If we all had a champ that trivialized the content, the content would get harder. Normally this only affects new content, but when the disparity gets strong enough for long enough, even older content is not immune from being revisited. Look at the lower Acts and lower difficulty tiers of EQ now. They don't look anything like they used to in terms of difficulty, because they've been recalibrated to the strength of roster that newer players have today verses what we were playing with nine years ago.

If ever a champion arrives that causes the game to get so much easier that it actually changes the spending habits of the playerbase enough to actually notice, that means the content is too easy and the devs will make it harder to com[ensate.

In other words, the existence of Hercules doesn't cost them units. Rather, it widens the gap between those who have and use him, and those that don't. True for all strong champs including him. The units and potions you aren't buying because Hercules saves you from buying them? Some other player is paying for that.

The true cost of Hercules is not that he costs Kabam units. Rather, the true cost of Hercules is the developers have to constantly remember that he exists, and make content that reflects the fact that he exists, to make sure the overall difficulty of the game compensates for the fact that some perrcentage of the playerbase will use him if the content allows them to use him, and it has to be hard enough to ensure that the *average* player performance remains within the normal range of the game.

MCOC is a test that is graded on a curve. The average grade is always going to be a C. Someone is always going to get an A, someone else is always going to get a D. If ever the average grade isn't a C, the devs will keep making the test harder until it is. Someone is always going to end up spending their summer in summer school.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
    As always there are a lot of opinions. And I respect all of you for how you feel. But I don't think the argument could be made that he loses them units. And even if he does. Having him causes players to play more. Whether they are completing content or farming revives. That's more screen time. Which is the goal eh? Still seems good for kabam. But again. Zero chance I'd chase a 7*
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    Me when I try to Gaslight kabam into releasing 7* Hercules
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Member Posts: 918 ★★★
    Just trying to get a response from the community
  • WonderWanderWonderWander Member Posts: 80
    I would love a 7* Herc
    Would definitely R3 him
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 88
    OGAvenger said:

Pandingo said:

The herc reign is over and I wouldn't even chase him as a 7*.

Yeah Herc as a 7 star would be horrible. Feel free to release him as a 7 star Kabam because no one will chase him….including me

Kabam Is Like :- Nice Try Mate.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,036 ★★★★

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★

Hercules will probably be a 7* when we start to get 8* champs and there is content that doesn’t allow Hercules
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian

Legit happened to me 3 months ago where I dreamed I got 7* Sersi and was so excited to rank her up. When I woke up I was about to message my brother how I finally got her and then realized it was just a dream. My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined