Point farming in bgs!!

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Best thing to do is wait a week or two and then play. Less stress.

This ^ almost all the big accounts have moved on by then.
    Lol not the farmers though... 🤦
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    BeastDad said:

I am a big account lol. You gotta learn to read. You are arguing against something im not
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

I am a big account lol. You gotta learn to read. You are arguing against something im not
    Calling someone out for not being able to "read" while I quoted another members post is ironic.

My point is simple, there is no proof that this is a "big issue" and I rarely run into anyone "farming" as you say. How widespread can this really be? Enlighten us.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Calling someone out for not being able to "read" while I quoted another members post is ironic.

My point is simple, there is no proof that this is a "big issue" and I rarely run into anyone "farming" as you say. How widespread can this really be? Enlighten us.
    If it was only 100 people doing it then that would still be huge as thats pretty much all the top rewards out of our reach. But its alot a looot more then 100 people so yes its a big issue. If you move on quickly from diamond like most of us should then yeah you wont actually meet then. Anything else?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★

When they introduced the 2 medal on win system, it indirectly nerfed bg farming, since now farming takes 4x the effort.

What kabam fails to understand is, why people farm points in bgs the first place? Because GC is tough, and they want to max out solo and alliance milestones. If gc gives 1.5 x (ideally 2x) the points in solo and alliance milestones, farming will reduce drastically.

I don't get that argument tbh. Kabam crashed said the same. So yeah you could argue lower players wont get screwed over the same to move forward. But then theres still the solo and alliance event which affects everyone. Some allys do this fully to get top rewards every season but since its not aw its not an issue?
    Name a few of those "some allies". I never said point farming doesn't happen, But once upon a time (Season 14) where there is a special event and almost every top account farmed, which led to kabam making farming a bannable offense.

Farming is still a bannable offense. You won't see a lot of players getting banned nowadays, cuz a lot of players don't farm nowadays. I personally have met only one farmer in the last 2 seasons (He used a 4* deck at Vibranium 1).

Farming is still banned as per T&C, Farming happens less nowadays so bans are less.

I don't think all 30 members in any top alliance (or even in any alliance) farm to get into high tier in aw milestones.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

... Dude have you looked at solo and alliance event rankings at the end of the season? ...You are a bit clueless on this issue.

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

If it was only 100 people doing it then that would still be huge as thats pretty much all the top rewards out of our reach. But its alot a looot more then 100 people so yes its a big issue. If you move on quickly from diamond like most of us should then yeah you wont actually meet then. Anything else?
    Please post the data to back that up either of those claims.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    This is a good time to be respectful and courteous folks, or this thread will be shut down.... just sayin.

When they introduced the 2 medal on win system, it indirectly nerfed bg farming, since now farming takes 4x the effort.

What kabam fails to understand is, why people farm points in bgs the first place? Because GC is tough, and they want to max out solo and alliance milestones. If gc gives 1.5 x (ideally 2x) the points in solo and alliance milestones, farming will reduce drastically.

I don't get that argument tbh. Kabam crashed said the same. So yeah you could argue lower players wont get screwed over the same to move forward. But then theres still the solo and alliance event which affects everyone. Some allys do this fully to get top rewards every season but since its not aw its not an issue?
    Name a few of those "some allies". I never said point farming doesn't happen, But once upon a time (Season 14) where there is a special event and almost every top account farmed, which led to kabam making farming a bannable offense.

Farming is still a bannable offense. You won't see a lot of players getting banned nowadays, cuz a lot of players don't farm nowadays. I personally have met only one farmer in the last 2 seasons (He used a 4* deck at Vibranium 1).

Farming is still banned as per T&C, Farming happens less nowadays so bans are less.

I don't think all 30 members in any top alliance (or even in any alliance) farm to get into high tier in aw milestones.
    Im not gonna name any names of either allys or players here. Ive sent proof of some extreme case to kabam and they still play and still do it like halfway thru season? People arent shy about doing this which feels like an extra big slap in the face
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Please post the data to back that up either of those claims.
    You post the data to refuse something that Kabam themselves have found to be a problem.
    The issue is out there, the problem is that they can't solve it. That's why i said previously they said they were confident to target the issue.. they weren't.

This is the natural conclusion I was trying to have him arrive at as well, it just wasn't sticking.

Im not gonna name any names of either allys or players here. Ive sent proof of some extreme case to kabam and they still play and still do it like halfway thru season? People arent shy about doing this which feels like an extra big slap in the face
    You definitely need not to name any allies or players HERE. But I strongly suggest you to send those alliance and player profiles to kabak via their report system (If you haven't already). They definitely do take these violations seriously. They will investigate and ban accordingly. But they usually ban in off seasons. So you gotta wait until off season.

Also I'm more interested how you're confident entire alliances do this to get rewards? I'm curious how you got such info (assuming it's true).

Also remember a player have to farm (lose on purpose) continuously to get flagged. Losing here and there (intelligent farming) sadly gets them off the radar.

This is a good time to be respectful and courteous folks, or this thread will be shut down.... just sayin.

That would probably be the best. There is no need for us to argue this either way. Kabam is aware and they can go about it how they want. We aint getting anything more done here now but pointless bickering

You definitely need not to name any allies or players HERE. But I strongly suggest you to send those alliance and player profiles to kabak via their report system (If you haven't already). They definitely do take these violations seriously. They will investigate and ban accordingly. But they usually ban in off seasons. So you gotta wait until off season.

Also I'm more interested how you're confident entire alliances do this to get rewards? I'm curious how you got such info (assuming it's true).

Also remember a player have to farm (lose on purpose) continuously to get flagged. Losing here and there (intelligent farming) sadly gets them off the radar.
    I def do not. As far as i know putting anyone out here isn't looked well upon by kabam. As I said ive already sent kabam the info. How i know this is simple. Im a long standing player with ties to most allys at top and people arent shy about doing it and several of them sent me the proof themselves. Which i in turn sent forward.
    edited September 6

No... They gotta lose 2 with energy win 1 with EMs, when you look at the scores at the end of a season and you see alliances with players in the millions of score and then compare it to the BG ranking and don't see many of them even close to the top 100 is a pretty big hint.
    The problem is the example DNA presented... Kabam is not able to target it, even if they claimed they can. Kinda like when moms tell kids "If you don't eat your veggies I will call the police"
    If what you claim is true and a lot of alliances, especially the top ones, are involved in this violation, it definitely leads to a series of bans.

I remember back in 2020, One of the top Indian alliance (top 5 region wise at that time if I remember correctly) got caught for piloting in aw (1-2 experienced guys in the alliance played for the behalf of other players in the ally via account sharing), and kabam immediately banned them and their members, Subsequently, around 15 top alliances got banned for the same. So one thing I'll assure is, Kabam takes such violations seriously especially If it happens in the higher end.

If what you claim is true and a lot of alliances, especially the top ones, are involved in this violation, it definitely leads to a series of bans.

I remember back in 2020, One of the top Indian alliance (top 5 region wise at that time if I remember correctly) got caught for piloting in aw (1-2 experienced guys in the alliance played for the behalf of other players in the ally via account sharing), and kabam immediately banned them and their members, Subsequently, around 15 top alliances got banned for the same. So one thing I'll assure is, Kabam takes such violations seriously especially If it happens in the higher end.

That's a good example; but its easier to detect as well.
    Another example that fits better would be arena farming, they were never able to get rid of bots even if its physically impossible to grind 24/7 for weeks without sleep. They made an effort; and at some point made a huge deal about being able to correct some arenas and send people some champs they won, by the time they did this some 6* champs were completely irrelevant.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★

This is getting intense. So OP wants to be Robin hood and help out the poor little accounts. What a great story. Funny how Robin Hood is not happy with the current Kabam laws that doesn't punish farmers enough, so would like Kabam to give out more harsh punishment and to do it right away. Don't tell him that it's hard to detect who's farming and who isn't very good at BG. Just laethy he smack down on them all.

Hes definitely capping when he said he wants to help them, the context of his post screams lack of skills "lower tier accounts keep getting abused!!" Then claims to be in Celestial. Never been on forums till this thread and immediately made his account private. This is probably one of those uncollected accounts that would make several rage posts on forums for constantly losing. Its best to just let the thread die out, as he already got a Kabam employee to comment (not that common) and yet still decided to keep arguing. Forum mods should just close the thread atp
    Polygon said:

This is getting intense. So OP wants to be Robin hood and help out the poor little accounts. What a great story. Funny how Robin Hood is not happy with the current Kabam laws that doesn't punish farmers enough, so would like Kabam to give out more harsh punishment and to do it right away. Don't tell him that it's hard to detect who's farming and who isn't very good at BG. Just laethy he smack down on them all.

Hes definitely capping when he said he wants to help them, the context of his post screams lack of skills "lower tier accounts keep getting abused!!" Then claims to be in Celestial. Never been on forums till this thread and immediately made his account private. This is probably one of those uncollected accounts that would make several rage posts on forums for constantly losing. Its best to just let the thread die out, as he already got a Kabam employee to comment (not that common) and yet still decided to keep arguing. Forum mods should just close the thread atp
    @Polygon add me in game lil_legend and you can find out
    Yeah thats what i thought. All disagree no action. Just another cheater or troll who tries so hard
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★

So almost a year ago Kabam made a statement that intentionally losing in VT with energy to farm points against easier opponents would be a punishable offense (as it should be).

Recently found out how big and widespread this issue still is. This is something that affects every single player in the game. The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. There seems to be a consensus among people who keeps on exploiting this that Kabam in fact won't take action against it anymore!

Either something is or isn't cheating and i would really like kabam to clarify their stance on this and hopefully do more about it

After being in a solely BG’s focused alliance for about 2 months now- I have a different perspective on this.
    Point farming is absolutely a necessary evil, when it’s done in not major quantities at a time (I still have never and will never engage in it though)
    Many people do not have the time to be constantly playing matches, and getting the units to then spend on more trophy tokens- to allow for more efficient point farming. It is one of those things that even though we all don’t like it exists, kinda has to in order to keep BG focused ally’s actually able to keep members.
    Otherwise, very very few people would actually hit the minimums- without spending quite a good chunk of units to do so.
    If it’s any consolation, smaller accounts will get battered anyway. I’m at 4.5 mill rating total, and 22.5k prestige- and even I still get battered in matches from time to time. It’s just how this mode works.
    Seyuoh said:

So almost a year ago Kabam made a statement that intentionally losing in VT with energy to farm points against easier opponents would be a punishable offense (as it should be).

Recently found out how big and widespread this issue still is. This is something that affects every single player in the game. The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. There seems to be a consensus among people who keeps on exploiting this that Kabam in fact won't take action against it anymore!

Either something is or isn't cheating and i would really like kabam to clarify their stance on this and hopefully do more about it

After being in a solely BG’s focused alliance for about 2 months now- I have a different perspective on this.
    Point farming is absolutely a necessary evil, when it’s done in not major quantities at a time (I still have never and will never engage in it though)
    Many people do not have the time to be constantly playing matches, and getting the units to then spend on more trophy tokens- to allow for more efficient point farming. It is one of those things that even though we all don’t like it exists, kinda has to in order to keep BG focused ally’s actually able to keep members.
    Otherwise, very very few people would actually hit the minimums- without spending quite a good chunk of units to do so.
    If it’s any consolation, smaller accounts will get battered anyway. I’m at 4.5 mill rating total, and 22.5k prestige- and even I still get battered in matches from time to time. It’s just how this mode works.
    Sorry but this is a load of ****. "I don't have the time to play, so I use a loophole to score more points and get better rewards"..Well i guess next time I go grocery shopping and the line at check out its too long I will tell the security guard.. "Hey I don't have enough time to wait to pay, so I am just gonna walk away with this cart full of groceries"

Seyuoh said:

Sorry but this is a load of ****. "I don't have the time to play, so I use a loophole to score more points and get better rewards"..Well i guess next time I go grocery shopping and the line at check out its too long I will tell the security guard.. "Hey I don't have enough time to wait to pay, so I am just gonna walk away with this cart full of groceries"
    Yeah i don't have time for master wars anymore so i guess a shortcut is a necessary evil lol
  • SivertSivert Member Posts: 5
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep this same energy with every other method people use to cheat and we are good
    There is a huge difference between cheating, and sucking and losing at the game. This does not affect you enough to be this big of a problem, I'd find a better hill to die on.
    We arent talking about people sucking at the game and losing. We are talking top tier players who sit in diamond for weeks to farm hundred thousands of points and thus pushing the scores up for everyone..

Its insane to me how someone who doesn't do this themselves can not see how this is blatantly cheating. Its shelling just in bgs
    Whether you suck and lose, or lose on purpose, a loss is a loss. There is no difference.

Are you losing because your roster is weak and you cannot climb? If so the point scores for everyone else are irrelevant.
    Keep doing you bro
    Yeah, I assumed it was the latter.
    Can you not read? People lose with energy in diamond on purpose to stay there and use elder marks against lesser opponents to get more points. Im a celestial player since you wanna go there which have nothing to do with this case as the rewards there are not affected by solo and alliance rank rewards.

If yoh cheat just say so. Kabam already said you are most likely good this season. If you dont then wtf are you here arguing about. Make it make sense
    I'm trying to get you to understand the same thing that Kabam has been trying to relay to you, this is not that big of a problem, and it does not happen enough to make it a meaningful concern. Again, find a better hill.
    So why did kabam call it cheating if its not a problem?
    Come to think about it, they have claimed long time ago they had the ability to lock players out of BGs as a punishment for cheat or bad behavior.
    If they are confident they can target point farmers and they can lock people, why not implement it at least 1 time with a small wave. That should send a clear message and stop people from having this type of behavior. Not even a game ban, just stop them from playing BGs for 1 season as punishment.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    I really don’t think the issue is at point farming method, but rather the reset method per season. It would be more fair for all player that engage in battleground to be fully reset down to bronze tier and climb up again to Gladiator Circuit. It do create an irritating mindset that a player landed at Platinum tier and then is reset to gold tier in next season and so on. Resetting every player down to bronze tier would most likely be more fair and there wouldn’t be much of a need to do point farming just to stay in lower tier brackets.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

I really don’t think the issue is at point farming method, but rather the reset method per season. It would be more fair for all player that engage in battleground to be fully reset down to bronze tier and climb up again to Gladiator Circuit. It do create an irritating mindset that a player landed at Platinum tier and then is reset to gold tier in next season and so on. Resetting every player down to bronze tier would most likely be more fair and there wouldn’t be much of a need to do point farming just to stay in lower tier brackets.

But wouldt make cav an uc and Tb even more furious then there’s already is. With the matmaking
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★
    Seeing this whole thread, Im laughing because it happens all the time ,and some guys on Forums says no...

Its simple, you click to start a match, as soon as both accept and you see a glimpse of the "Valiant" or "Paragon" roster and the screen goes to the match results,because they forfeited to farm points, then you win...

• Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    what i don't understand about farming tho, is the fact that farming gives wins to small accounts that would otherwise lose and pushes them up.
    the farmer must lose 2 matches for every one they win. therefore they are giving away twice the amount of matches pushing more people up than what they are holding back.

on the recipient end even if you went 50/50 found 1 farmer and one legit match (which you lost) you would still be getting propelled upward because of the farmer.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

Daddrieda said:

But wouldt make cav an uc and Tb even more furious then there’s already is. With the matmaking
    Yes. The easy way out is farming in lower brackets while racking in those rewards from objectives and so on. The frustration is already sitting in both way. If I were to be in platinum 4 then decide to not continue any further because i would face more difficulty opponent so I wait till next season and the next season comes in I see that I get demoted to gold 4,or something like that, then the frustration will grow more because you are then forced to make a progression based on the alliance that made it an mandatory to do battleground… then you are forced to do something about it either by doing the farming method and hope that you 80% of the time lose by standing still in the battle however the small points is, it is still accumulated over time or leave to find an alliance that don’t make it an mandatory, but consequence is that you may lose out the big rewards.