Uhh Upcoming Buffs?

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
I didn't see any posts about this here today:

But this just looks very random to me especially since it's a Twitter post with zero context which they don't do very often.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★
    It’s probably Sentinel, but I’m hoping one of the buffs is another mystic, another Serpent counter
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I was talking about this with a few people. Sentinel looks different too (unless I’m crazy) so I thought he was the most likely candidate for a buff

Really hope that he does get one, tech class could use some love and he’s a fun champ. DPX too cause his first buff is one of the worst buffs they’ve done

I mentioned this that sentinel had a remake upgraded version and dpz now looking more looks like og dp of being cleaner so defo either buffed sentinel or just means nothing but to me this hints sentinel

Emilia90 said:

I was talking about this with a few people. Sentinel looks different too (unless I’m crazy) so I thought he was the most likely candidate for a buff

Really hope that he does get one, tech class could use some love and he’s a fun champ. DPX too cause his first buff is one of the worst buffs they’ve done

You're definitely not lol that head is completely different to the one in-game

It definitely makes sense too since he's saga. DPX isn't so that one makes less sense BUT his buff would probably be out by next saga so that would explain that + the movie did come out a month ago. I think I speak for most people when I say we need a usable Deadpool in game cause not having one is a crime. Hopefully this means Sentinel first, DPX after, Luke was a clear example of a buff after a buff so it is entirely possible.
    Its been a crime since 2016 and 2018 lol
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★

Can we just buff Morningstar already. Bring back the mystic queen. Poison immune and start with 5 souls at sig 200 sounds good. Thanks

Yes please
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

It definitely makes sense too since he's saga. DPX isn't so that one makes less sense BUT his buff would probably be out by next saga so that would explain that + the movie did come out a month ago. I think I speak for most people when I say we need a usable Deadpool in game cause not having one is a crime. Hopefully this means Sentinel first, DPX after, Luke was a clear example of a buff after a buff so it is entirely possible.
    Yeah I don't know what they even did with his buff, he went from 2/5 to 2/5 with different animations lmao. Hopefully it is Sentinel and DPX, both classes are also the weakest at the moment in my opinion.

Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah I don't know what they even did with his buff, he went from 2/5 to 2/5 with different animations lmao. Hopefully it is Sentinel and DPX, both classes are also the weakest at the moment in my opinion.
    Well they tried buffing dpx by giving taunt and that type of blast thing but it never game him the damage like the stacking bleed was nice but everything else from the buff was bad and do agree with mutant as theres so many that needs love tech again lots needs buffed but at least a lot of them are good options to rank as a 7 probs not for those that play certain modes but for fun a lot more useable
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    A bit off topic but am I the only one not seeing the supposed difference between the Sentinel artwork and game model heads? It looks different because of the shading and style differences but I can’t point out any physical details about them that are different besides color of the lights. It’s the body that looks different to me; artwork Sentinel doesn’t have the glowing core in its chest game Sentinel does, and it’s got a bunch of extra plating around its arms and shoulders that sorta make it look like it’s wearing a vest that game Sentinel doesn’t have.

Back on topic, even if Sentinel doesn’t get a model update (I’ve never really gotten people’s hangups with the current one personally) I do really hope it gets a buff. Sentinel’s been left behind for years and its upgraded versions in Nimrod and OS have made it truly outclassed in almost every conceivable manner. I’d love to see it with a fresh coat of paint, preferably soon to help with the lackluster attacker pool this saga.

And yeah DPX is the worst proper buff they’ve ever done, give him a do-over please. I don’t think any other buff is even in spitting distance. I could rant about his weird and confusing design for paragraphs. If Kabam wants to devote one of the buffs to him instead of an untouched champs that’s fine by me.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

We don’t have a good Deadpool in the game yet so I hope this is the one. The first buff is probably one of the most forgettable buffs of all time, just a complete disappointment. Gamora got rebuffed so hopefully it’s the case with DPX too
    @Squidopus it's not letting me reply to you but look at the face, it's skin colored in-game, silver in the artwork. Also, the eyes and the mouth have orange light coming out of them in the artwork, in-game they don't have that same color coming out of them. Most of them are color differences yeah, they are 100% noticeable in the head though.
    Emilia90 said:

Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

We don’t have a good Deadpool in the game yet so I hope this is the one. The first buff is probably one of the most forgettable buffs of all time, just a complete disappointment. Gamora got rebuffed so hopefully it’s the case with DPX too
    Exactly, hopefully he's another solid Bullseye counter or at least capable of taking some current meta relevant defenders too cause otherwise what even is the point.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★

@Squidopus it's not letting me reply to you but look at the face, it's skin colored in-game, silver in the artwork. Also, the eyes and the mouth have orange light coming out of them in the artwork, in-game they don't have that same color coming out of them. Most of them are color differences yeah, they are 100% noticeable in the head though.

I sorta figured the off-color “skin” was just shading differences from different lighting, and having the eyes and mouth being different colors isn’t really a giveaway to me either (all the EOP and season of bad emotion artwork have the bosses with glowing white eyes, adding glowing effects like this is just something they do when they feel like it). But I digress, it’s not really important. I just feel like the body shape is a more distinctly different feature. Either way I hope we get the Sentinel buff it deserves, I’d love to see it stand up tall next to its other mutant hunting robot siblings.
    Squidopus said:

I sorta figured the off-color “skin” was just shading differences from different lighting, and having the eyes and mouth being different colors isn’t really a giveaway to me either (all the EOP and season of bad emotion artwork have the bosses with glowing white eyes, adding glowing effects like this is just something they do when they feel like it). But I digress, it’s not really important. I just feel like the body shape is a more distinctly different feature. Either way I hope we get the Sentinel buff it deserves, I’d love to see it stand up tall next to its other mutant hunting robot siblings.
    Uhh under what kind of lighting does skin color turn into silver? I'd love to know so next time I take a pic irl I can look like a robot lmao anyways yeah I agree, doesn't really matter what we see as long as we get the buff. Both tech and mutant class needs some love, both are prime candidates for a buff based on popularity alone, let's hope this is what we think it is.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Squidopus said:

Uhh under what kind of lighting does skin color turn into silver? I'd love to know so next time I take a pic irl I can look like a robot lmao anyways yeah I agree, doesn't really matter what we see as long as we get the buff. Both tech and mutant class needs some love, both are prime candidates for a buff based on popularity alone, let's hope this is what we think it is.
    Based on the multiple unannounced buffs thing from crashed, sentinel and DPX being a focal point of the art this update and being the only bad champs of the bunch, and Sentinel’s new look, I think we’re definitely getting something for him. DPX is a little more of an unknown but I can’t see sentinel not getting a buff
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    They're also both sitting at dinner in the loading screen
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Sentinel buff is 100% guaranteed, He is going to get the saga rework like SIM and NC

Also sinsiter is chase champ, so Sentinel's buff makes sense.

Dpx already got one, it's unlikely they buff him again.
    Emilia90 said:

Squidopus said:

Based on the multiple unannounced buffs thing from crashed, sentinel and DPX being a focal point of the art this update and being the only bad champs of the bunch, and Sentinel’s new look, I think we’re definitely getting something for him. DPX is a little more of an unknown but I can’t see sentinel not getting a buff
    I really hope it is him, I want a playable Deadpool for once. This year has not disappointed with the buffs so far since even the worst ones were VERY good (pretty sure Luke was the worst and he's great).
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Tech is in desperate need of buffs. Of all the classes, tech has the least amount of 7 stars that youd take to rank 3

Emilia90 said:

I do think a buff is possible, but those 2 heads are virtually identical lmao.
    You're colorblind? Lmao everything in his face is a different color in each picture.

Emilia90 said:

You're colorblind? Lmao everything in his face is a different color in each picture.
    Literally like ones looking like the original sentinel and one is pinkish purple also the whole face is different
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    why are y'all talking about his face

look at his chest it looks completely different

the part above the core is gone and core's design also looks different

same about the abs part

also the feet ( shoes ) are a little bit different
    Wolf911 said:

same about the abs part

All of its changed tbh as most likely remodel from mastermold
    Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

Literally like ones looking like the original sentinel and one is pinkish purple also the whole face is different
    Yeah I think that guy is just trying to argue for the sake of arguing lol if he can't see how different the color palettes are in each picture then he definitely needs glasses or something cause those pictures are not the same.
    Wolf911 said:

same about the abs part

I did notice the core was gone, I only focused on the head cause it's a lot more noticeable than everything else, but I agree.