**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    You guys are like the evil person in relationships from those old school dramas always saying sorry then doing more dumb stuff.
  • When are we getting 5* arena?
  • Which crazy person uses this champs in aq or aw? The tier 10 war allies?
  • kawasakininkawasakinin Posts: 10
    you guys need to rerrun all champs that where released before this was announced.
  • "Feedback" lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    People are using your highly "effective" champs out of necessity because that's all they've been able to pull and that's all they've been able to afford to go after.

I remember once in another game I used to play a developer once said that a certain game change was "impractical." A year later the game made that change, and for years afterward that developer was accused of lying to the playerbase when they claimed the game change was "impossible."

Even though the original post was produced, along with several contemporaneous discussions which proved the developer said "impractical" and not "impossible" literally hundreds of players over the years continued to claim the developers lied when they said it was "impossible."

I have never been able to figure out precisely how this mental error occurs, but its high frequency of occurrence has always fascinated me while also annoying me.
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    Guys it's not Kabam doing this. Let's not forget the in game message said it was the Grandmaster doing it. The negative feedback on how ridiculous this change is should be directed to him.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    edited January 2018
    Mcocjg wrote: »
    Going to try again to get this answered --

Will champs that are not available (Thor, Widow, Dr. Strange, Scarlett Witch, etc) now make it into the featured 5* crystal as part additional champions or maybe (hoping here) into the basic pool atleast.

Maybe someday? We still don't have any plans to release those Champions yet, but this might change in the future.

Maybe they will come in the 5 star arenas?
  • So does this mean they are releasing a blade featured GMC in the same period for the “whales”? Because I’m hungry and need that dupe.
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    benshb wrote: »
    Soo as for february 22, instead of opening a Blade 15,000 shard crystal with increased chance on Blade, we will be opening a 15,000 shard crystal from a fix 24 champion pool, with no increased chance on Blade, but a rather equal chance on Blade or Sentry?

Dude, you guys really need to read closer... there will be a re-release of the Blade Feature 15K shard crystal which will be the original Feature crystal for him that was released with an increased chance on Blade. The new 1:24 chance crystal will not include Blade.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Tempest wrote: »
    This change would not have the community in an uproar if the FGMC did not exist, or if the FGMC was changed to be in line with the new crystal (same possible pulls as the new crystal, except in 3-5 star versions instead of guaranteed 5-star version).

I would take that bet.
  • AanthoAantho Posts: 159
    Est ce que nous saurons aussi quels champions seront dans le cristal à 10000 eclats?
  • So does this mean they are releasing a blade featured GMC in the same period for the “whales”? Because I’m hungry and need that dupe.

oh yes, so am I man
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Man, you would think after 31 pages of complaints and anger the greedy meatheads would do something. Clearly not.
    (This isn't calling them out. Its just fact, proven by their lack of a response.)

Forumites would just complain about something else. I'm surprised Miike responds to anything at all.
  • DarkNemesisDarkNemesis Posts: 51
    The amount of disconnect Kabam has with the players community is incredible
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    It’s not so much a disconnect as it is bordering on disdain...”just shut up and give us your money, these changes benefit us and quite frankly your enjoyment of the game is of very little importance to us”.

It’ll bite them beyond recovery, sooner or later.
    The amount of disconnect Kabam has with the players community is incredible

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Why not make a GOOD crystal that costs 20k that ONLY gives you a chance at 1 of 6 featured GOOD heroes? No increased chance, but an equal chance at a god tier champ. You could call it the...... GOD Tier crystal............. Just a thought, because this new one is to put it nicely..... Trash.

That would a) defeat the purpose of a random system, and b) end up being the only Crystal anyone opens.

OK, you don't have a 5 star in your profile but here you are with an opinion. Let me correct you:
    1. It's still random. It's a 1 in 6 chance. So you're 100% off there.
    2. So what? You're giving up one basic hero for a 1 in 6 chance of a new hero of which at least 2 are likely terrible heroes. If you spent 40K in shards you still wouldn't be likely to dupe that champ on 2 pulls.

I keep wondering why you post so much and play so little but think your opinion is something we all need on every subject. In this particular case your first statement is objectively false. You represent a demographic that does not keep the lights on here. I think you refer to this as being personal. It's statement of fact.

You keep trying to take shots at my Profile, which I never shared with anyone by the way, but I am a full grown adult. That has no effect on me. If you want to continue to have a conversation with me, you will have to do so without making it personal, which is what it is. Not "fact". Just cheap insults.
    They didn't go through the process of creating that many Champs and releasing them as 5*s, just so they can pick out the God Tier ones and segregate them. Lol. We all earn the Shards the same as everyone else. The system is built on RNG. It doesn't get more fair than an equal chance at each Champ. What people are asking for is a way to beat the RNG and just jump to the favorable drops. This wouldn't happen for many reasons. If that was the case, they'd just do away with the Crystals and hand out God Tier Champs to everyone.
    Everyone has to roll something they don't want. That's a part of RNG. No one is more entitled to better drops than anyone else. That's called fairness.
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    What exactly is unfair about increased odds if they apply to everyone?

Also, the system THEY put in place allowed ppl to WORK towards better odds at a desired champ.

RNG has to be part of this game but what exactly is so wrong about an element of effort = desired reward as opposed to effort = more gamble?
    Everyone has to roll something they don't want. That's a part of RNG. No one is more entitled to better drops than anyone else. That's called fairness.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    What exactly is unfair about increased odds if they apply to everyone?

Also, the system THEY put in place allowed ppl to WORK towards better odds at a desired champ.

RNG has to be part of this game but what exactly is so wrong about an element of effort = desired reward as opposed to effort = more gamble?

That system was put in place a long time ago, when there were much less Shards floating around, and different Champs to go for. Everyone works for their Resources (not withstanding a small group that just logs on). It doesn't matter what stage you are at in the game. That doesn't entitle people to more favorable drops in a random system. The idea that one demographic works harder than the other is moot.
    It's a random system for a reason. What people are asking for is them to pick and choose their own product and that would not be smart or fair on their part. The new changes have a range, and there's a reason for that.