Who uses forums the most?

_puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 73
I was wondering which types of players use the forums the most(early game, mid game, late game).

Who uses forums the most? 118 votes

Early game(currently on acts 1-3)
1%
Kachi23SirGamesBond 2 votes
Mid game(currently on acts 4-6)
11%
CassyNewman0067Barrier ReefXguard77spidyjedi84UltragamerorpimeSTrongNovLonley_potato123KLZKirberus_shield311Uzuma 13 votes
Late game(currently on acts 7-9)
87%
PantherusNZMegaSkater67World EaterJinxesaxeRagnarok13TerraSundance_2099MagrailothosShaggyMcaptaincushThatGuyYouSaw235MasterduxMike3034tnair2015CupidSandeepSHerbal_TaxmanKerneasDRTORockSlyde 103 votes

Comments

• _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 73
    Why do y’all think most people on forums are late game players?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,079 ★★★★★
    Anyone
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Me :)
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    I think it would be safe to say a majority of the forums are in the higher echelons of the game progress.

If you ask for who's got the most points, that's a different story. I still think that's @SpideyFunko, might be wrong.

Which is why it's a good place for advice, but also one has to be careful to not be stuck up when asking for advice. That's been happening rather alot lately.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    _puy000_ said:

They discover the forums late on in the cycle because of YouTubers or kabam announcements. I learned about it from rich

_puy000_ said:

They discover the forums late on in the cycle because of YouTubers or kabam announcements. I learned about it from rich
    I also learned about it from rich, but I think I didn’t care about it until late game because that’s when I really started getting involved.
    Terra said:

I think it would be safe to say a majority of the forums are in the higher echelons of the game progress.

If you ask for who's got the most points, that's a different story. I still think that's @SpideyFunko, might be wrong.

Which is why it's a good place for advice, but also one has to be careful to not be stuck up when asking for advice. That's been happening rather alot lately.

I wasn’t sure how people would take the question, but I couldn’t find a better way to phase it at the time.
    JK_47 said:

_puy000_ said:

I was wondering which types of players use the forums the most(early game, mid game, late game).

Who uses forums the most?
    Demonfries obviously... LOL
    He is on every post
    Except this one lol
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    _puy000_ said:

_puy000_ said:

I also learned about it from rich, but I think I didn’t care about it until late game because that’s when I really started getting involved.
    Exactly the same for me
    Why does everyone disagree with this poll?
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★

Definitely think its late game players

I wonder who's the mod with most points 🧐

I clicked looking for @JLordVileJ as an option

That’s fair, I definitely could have worded it better.

Do you think there is a way to get more of the community involved not just late game?
    Terra said:

I wonder who's the mod with most points 🧐
    I don’t feel like posting a poll about it, but I think you should if you want.
    Personally I think the mod that uses forums the most is pinwheel but that’s just my opinion
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Community Posts: 116
    _puy000_ said:

Personally I think the mod that uses forums the most is pinwheel but that’s just my opinion

Crashed and I probably on here the most lately, Dork as well though, we're all always lurking at the very least haha

_puy000_ said:

Crashed and I probably on here the most lately, Dork as well though, we're all always lurking at the very least haha
    I respect that, if I was a moderator I would do the same xD

_puy000_ said:

Do you think there is a way to get more of the community involved not just late game?
    Going for a triple post lets see if I take too long and someone replies before I finish this xD

Its tricky. Forums are an "older" form of the internet, so while myself and plenty of others grew up on dedicated forums for niche or specified interests, a lot of younger folks are used to things like reddit or discord, more centralized spots. So while I think it's good to support the forums and provide a place for those who enjoy this style of engagement, I'm not sure it's a particular growth vector.

That said I think areas the forum shines are in things like dedicated write-ups, after action reports, dedicated long form writing that is perhaps less common in other areas. I think providing value with posts like that is perhaps a way to get more folks to checkout the forums.

Now lets see if someone snuck in before me...
    I completely agree with you. I personally don’t like discord as much as forums, but if more people are on discord do you think there is a way to get more community involved in that? That being said which type of players do you think use discord the most(early, mid, late)?
    Also you beat me by one second on you’re post lol
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Cause I’m bored
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Community Posts: 116
    edited 5:18PM
    _puy000_ said:

_puy000_ said:

Going for a triple post lets see if I take too long and someone replies before I finish this xD

Its tricky. Forums are an "older" form of the internet, so while myself and plenty of others grew up on dedicated forums for niche or specified interests, a lot of younger folks are used to things like reddit or discord, more centralized spots. So while I think it's good to support the forums and provide a place for those who enjoy this style of engagement, I'm not sure it's a particular growth vector.

That said I think areas the forum shines are in things like dedicated write-ups, after action reports, dedicated long form writing that is perhaps less common in other areas. I think providing value with posts like that is perhaps a way to get more folks to checkout the forums.

Now lets see if someone snuck in before me...
    I completely agree with you. I personally don’t like discord as much as forums, but if more people are on discord do you think there is a way to get more community involved in that? That being said which type of players do you think use discord the most(early, mid, late)?
    Also you beat me by one second on you’re post lol
    Haha, I knew it was a possibility, ironically adding the extra bit about seeing if someone beat me almost caused someone to beat me xD

And yea our community Discord has been growing consistently since we launched it in the spring which has been really positive to see. I definitely think we can incorporate some of the positive aspects of the forums over there (Discord does have a forum capability now which we currently use for feedback and bugs but that I think we could expand to give forum folks a better home over there haha). As for the type of player over there I think it's more mixed! It definitely still skews to later game progression because, like here, the folks most likely to engage in the community and stay engaged are likely the folks who are also engaging and staying engaged with the game, but there's a good number of new game and mid game players there too! I think the ease of joining means its a lot easier for someone who is casual about the game to join the server and lurk and maybe get involved a bit here and there vs the forums here are a bit more dedicated, have to go out of your way a bit more vs already being on discord for other servers.