Who uses forums the most?

2»

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,350 Guardian
    _puy000_ said:

Definitely think its late game players

Do you think there is a way to get more of the community involved not just late game?
    It's a 10 year old game, people have had years to get past act 6. As of right now, act 6 is the roadblock for progression since that's when the game actually gets difficult. However, because of that, you can probably assume that those who have gotten past act 6 are more dedicated to the game and more likely to join their forums then someone who is just playing the game just because.

I imagine that if you made a distribution chart of currently active player progressions for the game, then it would be skewed towards those who are at act 7+. Because of that, you would expect that if an equal proportion from each group joined forums, that the act 7+ people would still dominate the who uses forums the most category.

In the act 7+ category, you'd have more variance of those who are TB, Paragon, and Valiant.
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 77
    Late game(currently on acts 7-9)

_puy000_ said:

_puy000_ said:

Do you think there is a way to get more of the community involved not just late game?
    Going for a triple post lets see if I take too long and someone replies before I finish this xD

Its tricky. Forums are an "older" form of the internet, so while myself and plenty of others grew up on dedicated forums for niche or specified interests, a lot of younger folks are used to things like reddit or discord, more centralized spots. So while I think it's good to support the forums and provide a place for those who enjoy this style of engagement, I'm not sure it's a particular growth vector.

That said I think areas the forum shines are in things like dedicated write-ups, after action reports, dedicated long form writing that is perhaps less common in other areas. I think providing value with posts like that is perhaps a way to get more folks to checkout the forums.

Now lets see if someone snuck in before me...
    I completely agree with you. I personally don’t like discord as much as forums, but if more people are on discord do you think there is a way to get more community involved in that? That being said which type of players do you think use discord the most(early, mid, late)?
    Also you beat me by one second on you’re post lol
    Haha, I knew it was a possibility, ironically adding the extra bit about seeing if someone beat me almost caused someone to beat me xD

And yea our community Discord has been growing consistently since we launched it in the spring which has been really positive to see. I definitely think we can incorporate some of the positive aspects of the forums over there (Discord does have a forum capability now which we currently use for feedback and bugs but that I think we could expand to give forum folks a better home over there haha). As for the type of player over there I think it's more mixed! It definitely still skews to later game progression because, like here, the folks most likely to engage in the community and stay engaged are likely the folks who are also engaging and staying engaged with the game, but there's a good number of new game and mid game players there too! I think the ease of joining means its a lot easier for someone who is casual about the game to join the server and lurk and maybe get involved a bit here and there vs the forums here are a bit more dedicated, have to go out of your way a bit more vs already being on discord for other servers.
    That’s great! I’m glad to hear it’s growing consistently and there are more of a mix of players there. I. My opinion I think people use discord more because as long as they have a discord account they can join. Meanwhile here you have to sign in if you ever close the website and unfortunately I believe this new generation would rather use discord because of that. Streamers also use discord a lot more because it’s easier for them and that’s why people know about it more than forums. I also believe that it might be a good thing to leave forums to more dedicated players and discord for casual players. That’s just my opinion though and I’m not here to tell you how to do your job. Keep up the good work!
    Pikolu said:

_puy000_ said:

It's a 10 year old game, people have had years to get past act 6. As of right now, act 6 is the roadblock for progression since that's when the game actually gets difficult. However, because of that, you can probably assume that those who have gotten past act 6 are more dedicated to the game and more likely to join their forums then someone who is just playing the game just because.

I imagine that if you made a distribution chart of currently active player progressions for the game, then it would be skewed towards those who are at act 7+. Because of that, you would expect that if an equal proportion from each group joined forums, that the act 7+ people would still dominate the who uses forums the most category.

In the act 7+ category, you'd have more variance of those who are TB, Paragon, and Valiant.
    I agree with this and I believe that that’s why act 6 is so much harder than everything else. It’s almost like a test to see if you’re committed or not.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    edited September 19
    Personally I think the addition of a official discord is both a negative and a positive.
    Makes it easier for those already in both places to get information, but makes the forums feel a bit... forgotten, I guess.
    Terra said:

Personally I think the addition of a official discord is both a negative and a positive.
    Makes it easier for those already in both places to get information, but makes the forums feel a bit... forgotten, I guess.

I see what you mean but that’s why forums is more of a platform for committed players. If you’re really committed you won’t forget about forums. I’m not disagreeing with you though because I personally like forums more and I feel like more people should use it.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,176 ★★★★★
    the forums are mostly late game players because they've been around since the earliest days of the game and the game's associated social media platforms when it was the forum and not much else. Like Pikolu said, if you're on the forum these days, chances are you've been playing for eight or more years and are more likely to be Cav and above.

the forums are mostly late game players because they've been around since the earliest days of the game and the game's associated social media platforms when it was the forum and not much else. Like Pikolu said, if you're on the forum these days, chances are you've been playing for eight or more years and are more likely to be Cav and above.

Yeah, I’ve Ben playing for a very long time now and I don’t really use of Kabams communication platforms besides forums. Unless you count twitch for the livestreams. I definitely think the platforms are going to be used more with the new generation. Chances are they won’t know much about forums if any at all. It’s kind of sad but it is what it is. The old stays with the old and the new stays with the new Y’know?
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,812 ★★★★

Terra said:

I wonder who's the mod with most points 🧐

I actually went to look but the backend is not friendly to that kind of searching so I gave up xD
    For the record, I don't know if ur new or not but just wanna let u know... I like ur name!

KABAM PINWHEEL!! 😁
  • Terra said:

Definetly hear ya, I think its been a combo of Dork and I getting up to speed and then even when we were up to speed the bug in forums not showing our colors/when we'd posted made it appear less active. I think today with them finally being on has hopefully maybe helped with that second part a little bit, will keep working to make sure everyone's getting appropriate attention
  • doctorb said:

Terra said:

I wonder who's the mod with most points 🧐

I actually went to look but the backend is not friendly to that kind of searching so I gave up xD
    For the record, I don't know if ur new or not but just wanna let u know... I like ur name!

KABAM PINWHEEL!! 😁
    Thanks :D Not new but primarily been working on other Kabam titles before the last few months, but happy to be over here working all you fine folks these days :)
    @Kabam Pinwheel
    Which MCOC communications platform do you find yourself spending the most time on?

Terra said:

Definetly hear ya, I think its been a combo of Dork and I getting up to speed and then even when we were up to speed the bug in forums not showing our colors/when we'd posted made it appear less active. I think today with them finally being on has hopefully maybe helped with that second part a little bit, will keep working to make sure everyone's getting appropriate attention
    Thank you for all your hard work! I know you and the game team work hard to keep things running and I most certainly appreciate it! I’m glad the colors are working again, I definitely think more people will notice your activity with them working again.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Terra said:

I think it would be safe to say a majority of the forums are in the higher echelons of the game progress.

If you ask for who's got the most points, that's a different story. I still think that's @SpideyFunko, might be wrong.

Which is why it's a good place for advice, but also one has to be careful to not be stuck up when asking for advice. That's been happening rather alot lately.

SF has a bit more posts, I have a bit more points. Spidey has more visits than I might acquire in a lifetime, because I tend to just leave browsers open to the forums and minimize them, so I tend to have just one or two "visits" a day these days.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

I think it would be safe to say a majority of the forums are in the higher echelons of the game progress.

If you ask for who's got the most points, that's a different story. I still think that's @SpideyFunko, might be wrong.

Which is why it's a good place for advice, but also one has to be careful to not be stuck up when asking for advice. That's been happening rather alot lately.

SF has a bit more posts, I have a bit more points. Spidey has more visits than I might acquire in a lifetime, because I tend to just leave browsers open to the forums and minimize them, so I tend to have just one or two "visits" a day these days.
    yeah i use the mobile version so i have so many “visits” because i switch between safari tabs like nobody’s business

you should have the most points- you’ve contributed a lot more to this forum than i ever will
  • _puy000_ said:

@Kabam Pinwheel
    Which MCOC communications platform do you find yourself spending the most time on?

It bounces back and forth haha. Im probably most comfortable on Discord just cause Ive used it so much more, but as a result of that I think I go to the forums more conciously to try and offset that known bias which might mean some days Im over here more than there haha. I mostly try to keep it balanced by I go back and forth a lot

_puy000_ said:

@Kabam Pinwheel

It bounces back and forth haha. Im probably most comfortable on Discord just cause Ive used it so much more, but as a result of that I think I go to the forums more conciously to try and offset that known bias which might mean some days Im over here more than there haha. I mostly try to keep it balanced by I go back and forth a lot
    That’s valid, I’m glad you’re trying to keep everything balanced. I feel like a lot of people would just go with what they’re comfortable with.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★
    I’m so come fused but I love it lol
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★

_puy000_ said:

@Kabam Pinwheel

Unrelated question but what happened to the color of the mod text?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★

I thought the choices were going to be SpideyFunko, DNA3000 or captain_rogers

That’s a close call.

Dr. Zola
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,916 ★★★★
    Terra said:

The person with the most posts on the forum is @GroundedWisdom
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,761 ★★★★★
    JK_47 said:

_puy000_ said:

I was wondering which types of players use the forums the most(early game, mid game, late game).

Who uses forums the most?
    Demonfries obviously... LOL
    He is on every post
    I'm not but it's obvious I live rent free in your head.
    _puy000_ said:

I’m so confused but I love it lol
    EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

@Kabam Pinwheel

I don’t know, but I really like it.
    _puy000_ said:

EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

@Kabam Pinwheel

I don’t know, but I really like it.
    At least they fixed the red on yellow for the headings. That was a little hard on the eyes lol. It was only up for about a minute, so you might not seen it. If you didn’t that’s a good thing, save your eyes lol