A Genuine reason why I am quitting mcoc

ARCHER78ARCHER78 Member Posts: 2
After giving 7 yrs to this game i realised game is capped at 30 fps ... As comparing with nowadays games which give me atleast 60 fps thats why for me those games are more enjoyable than mcoc.

I feel very sad to quit this game... If Kabam introduces 60fps option in future then I would like to play this game again

Thanks kabam !

Comments

• TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,316 ★★★★★
    Imagine being so picky you need 60fps, lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    ARCHER78 said:

After giving 7 yrs to this game i realised game is capped at 30 fps ... As comparing with nowadays games which give me atleast 60 fps thats why for me those games are more enjoyable than mcoc.

I feel very sad to quit this game... If Kabam introduces 60fps option in future then I would like to play this game again

Thanks kabam !

Just asking but what is it you think 60 fps will add to the game? With mcocs fight style, what will 60 fps add to the game?
  • ARCHER78ARCHER78 Member Posts: 2
    @smdam38 haha...its hard for me to leave this game after playing many yrs... It could be a dream for mcoc players like me to see this game at 60 fps or more...
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    It’s just a game. At the beginning I was pretty much daily. Was in an alliance that got unstoppable colossus when he was cool way back when.

You can still play without making it a big deal or a big part of your life.

Let go of the chasing and keeping up stuff. And just play for fun when you have a moment and are bored.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 888 ★★★
    ARCHER78 said:

Thanks kabam !

Complaining over that? You've got way too high standards. Enjoy your life. Bye!!!
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,906 ★★★★★
    ARCHER78 said:

@smdam38 haha...its hard for me to leave this game after playing many yrs... It could be a dream for mcoc players like me to see this game at 60 fps or more...

Aside from the nightmare of having to completely adjust how we play the game because of how much such an increase would change timing, yeah, a dream.
    Basically, we would have to relearn parrying, intercepting, timing specials and just the ai in general. I think that ai works on frames where in figures out what to do based off of hoe many frames have passed. I don't want 60 fps for that reason.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Member Posts: 215 ★★
    Why do I get the feeling a bunch of Fps memes are about to pop up?

ARCHER78 said:

After giving 7 yrs to this game

It took you 7 years to realize this game runs at 30 FPS? And it's important enough to quit the whole game over?

I call BS.
    Imagine quitting because you realised you had been doing something the same for 7 years and then acting like it's bad.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,222 ★★★★★

• Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 410 ★★
    smdam38 said:

I think the standard is “It’s not an airport, you don’t have to announce your departure”.

Or something like that. Whoever came up with that is funny.

believe it’s “don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you’, region depending…
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 174
    He's just "nerd raging"
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

ARCHER78 said:

Thanks kabam !

Just asking but what is it you think 60 fps will add to the game? With mcocs fight style, what will 60 fps add to the game?
    On the one hand, 60 fps playing on a phone would have little additive value. On the other hand, when my kids switch between the ps5 and the Nintendo switch on our 8k, it's night and day.

I also am old and use readers to be fair.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    Game really needs a new engine which is easy to work and fix things on
    Because it's getting very obvious from past 2 months that it's out of hand. .

Every single new quest is bugged, can't even claim rewards, AI awfully glitched from 9+ months now, not a single event goes by which goes live without problem (except money events)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Every single new quest is bugged, can't even claim rewards, AI awfully glitched from 9+ months now, not a single event goes by which goes live without problem (except money events)

Welcome to the wonderful world of spaghetti code! 10 year old live service games are incredibly hard to maintain, and you can’t just slap a new engine in, that’s not how anything works.

The age of the game is also why Kabam can’t just bring in new bug fix employees or “reassign” employees like we see people ask for probably at least once a month. You need a degree in MCOCology to work through it all, so it’s a ton of onboard training for new hires.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 174
    ARCHER78 said:

Thanks kabam !

I missed the part where that's my problem
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    Any seemingly trivial thing could be the final straw. It doesn't have to be huge, it just has to tip you over the edge.
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,277 ★★★

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

PT_99 said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of spaghetti code! 10 year old live service games are incredibly hard to maintain, and you can’t just slap a new engine in, that’s not how anything works.

The age of the game is also why Kabam can’t just bring in new bug fix employees or “reassign” employees like we see people ask for probably at least once a month. You need a degree in MCOCology to work through it all, so it’s a ton of onboard training for new hires.
    This is why they've been trying to hire people who know about the game, as we've seen on the community team. I think they honestly need to look for devs that are a part of the game community. It would be many, many times easier than sitting someone random down in front of everything and expecting them to be able to produce anything for a long time
  • TherunekingTheruneking Member Posts: 213 ★★
    Good bye, will not miss you.