Is there a free titan crystal??

JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 92
And it is progression based??

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,403 Guardian
    Free titan crystal if everybody contributes and we get the 1 billion points needed. Also, as mentioned above, you need to participate to hit the minimum contribution for the event.
  • GyanemdjerGyanemdjer Member Posts: 151
    If i claim the titan crystal and don't open it until the next batch of titan(December I believe) will the crystal get updated or will it remain same
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,907 ★★★★★

If i claim the titan crystal and don't open it until the next batch of titan(December I believe) will the crystal get updated or will it remain same

They update just like a basic
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,118 ★★★★★
    The rewards are huge. I have my faith on the community.

@DNA3000 can you break down the required EM to score 5k points for different win rates?
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    Someone (maybe DNA) did the math in another thread. I think “huge” is generous when you see the required wins to hit 5000…
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Member Posts: 260 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Free titan crystal if everybody contributes and we get the 1 billion points needed. Also, as mentioned above, you need to participate to hit the minimum contribution for the event.

1,5 billion points 😉
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 445 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

@DNA3000 can you break down the required EM to score 5k points for different win rates?

Because there’s a bonus for GC matches, it’s difficult to estimate the marks required. If you have a 50% win rate in VT, and you score all your points in VT, it will come down to about 110 matches or about 9900 marks to reach 5000 points. By comparison, winning at that same 50% rate in GC will award you 60% more points per match (73 vs 45). A 50/50 player in GC might get there in 80-90 matches (7k-8k marks).
    I wonder if you add completion points in this or not? Each win in VT with elder marks, we can get 45+23=68 points, so 5000 need at least 74 wins (in case we lose, we still get 23 points/match, so we need to lose a lot 😄)

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,403 Guardian

Pikolu said:

1,5 billion points 😉
    The Titan crystal is at 1billion 😉
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 92
    DNA3000 said:

Very roughly, you’re going to score 1/100th the points you currently score in the solo event. If you score 100k in the solo event you’ll score 1k in the realm event, if you score 400k you’ll score 4k in the realm event.

The caveat is that the event is going to score (on a relative basis) significantly more points for completing a match (win or lose) in the Gladiator Circuit with marks, and for winning a match in GC with energy or marks.

Because there’s a bonus for GC matches, it’s difficult to estimate the marks required. If you have a 50% win rate in VT, and you score all your points in VT, it will come down to about 110 matches or about 9900 marks to reach 5000 points. By comparison, winning at that same 50% rate in GC will award you 60% more points per match (73 vs 45). A 50/50 player in GC might get there in 80-90 matches (7k-8k marks).
    There is 6000 elder marks in milestone. Then we need only 3000 marks and ee get around 1500 or more from pre battleground. The it's easy right.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 218
    DNA3000 said:

Very roughly, you’re going to score 1/100th the points you currently score in the solo event. If you score 100k in the solo event you’ll score 1k in the realm event, if you score 400k you’ll score 4k in the realm event.

The caveat is that the event is going to score (on a relative basis) significantly more points for completing a match (win or lose) in the Gladiator Circuit with marks, and for winning a match in GC with energy or marks.

When does this event start?
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 906 ★★★
    It's surprisingly early on and not at the end
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

When does this event start?
    According to the announcement, it starts with Season 22, presumably during the regular season, from October 2 to (presumably as all seasons are 28 days long) October 30.
    Halley said:

DNA3000 said:

I wonder if you add completion points in this or not? Each win in VT with elder marks, we can get 45+23=68 points, so 5000 need at least 74 wins (in case we lose, we still get 23 points/match, so we need to lose a lot 😄)

I mentioned a 50% win rate. At a 50% win rate, you would get 23 points and 23+45=68 points every pair of matches, or 91 points every two matches, or about 45.5 points per match on average. 5000/45.5 = 109.9 or about 110 matches, which would require 9900 elder marks.

If you win at a 100% rate in VT, then your match count drops to 5000/68 = 73.5 or about 74 matches.

If you magically teleport yourself to GC and win 100% of your matches there, that would then require 5000/118 ~= 42 matches. But this is impossible because no one starts there.

The highest start position in VT is Diamond 5. Hypothetically speaking someone with a 100% win rate could reach GC in 27 matches, scoring 1836 points. They would then need 27 additional matches to score 3186 points for a total of 5022 points. 54 matches is the absolute fastest possible route to 5k points assuming a 100% win rate.

The *cheapest* possible route involves getting to GC using energy and then burning marks in GC at the higher point rate. But this only works for players with a very high win rate in GC itself.
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 433 ★★★
    Halley said:

DNA3000 said:

Every time you win someone else loses. Assuming everyone plays with elder marks only, on the realm event we'll get 1 point for every 2 elder marks spent by the community. Cumulatively, we need to burn through 3 Billion elder marks to get to the final milestone. In terms of matches that would be ~16.5 million matches. This is on VT scoring, I doubt there will be a large % of games coming from GC matches which has 60% higher average points per game (90 + 28 + 28 vs. 45 + 23 +23)

The problem is going to be less from people who win a lot and hit the solo milestones quickly but from people who lose a lot and give up because they progress too slowly in the ladder as well the community event. If you are playing less than 111 matches, someone else has to play more. The who have to play more are the ones who are least likely to under the current set-up.

The rewards structure encourages the behavior of starting a match and putting the phone down. Or just ignoring the whole event altogether.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    This is a repackaging being rebranded as an upgrade, bonus or whatever. My
    250,000 points would’ve been about 2700 in this event. This just changes what rewards I get when.

I have 70 7-stars. Busting my tail for an extra thousand shards isn’t where it’s at. And when my glory and BG trophies can’t buy me t3a, I can’t meaningfully improve the top of my roster. (I’ll have 8 r3 after the SOS finale, and I currently have 13 r2 and another 29 6-stars maxed out)
    DNA3000 said:

Halley said:

DNA3000 said:

I mentioned a 50% win rate. At a 50% win rate, you would get 23 points and 23+45=68 points every pair of matches, or 91 points every two matches, or about 45.5 points per match on average. 5000/45.5 = 109.9 or about 110 matches, which would require 9900 elder marks.

If you win at a 100% rate in VT, then your match count drops to 5000/68 = 73.5 or about 74 matches.

If you magically teleport yourself to GC and win 100% of your matches there, that would then require 5000/118 ~= 42 matches. But this is impossible because no one starts there.

The highest start position in VT is Diamond 5. Hypothetically speaking someone with a 100% win rate could reach GC in 27 matches, scoring 1836 points. They would then need 27 additional matches to score 3186 points for a total of 5022 points. 54 matches is the absolute fastest possible route to 5k points assuming a 100% win rate.

The *cheapest* possible route involves getting to GC using energy and then burning marks in GC at the higher point rate. But this only works for players with a very high win rate in GC itself.
    100% win rate is only reduces individual costs in this event. 50% win rate is the right metric to use, since that's the rate at which the event points will accrue. The absolute amount of elder marks required to hit the last milestone does not change based on any player's win rate. That is the worst part about this design, that it will need continued participation from players who lose often to ensure everyone gets the rewards. There is no happy outcome even if we hit majority of the milestones.
    edited September 24
    Stature said:

Halley said:

DNA3000 said:

Every time you win someone else loses. Assuming everyone plays with elder marks only, on the realm event we'll get 1 point for every 2 elder marks spent by the community. Cumulatively, we need to burn through 3 Billion elder marks to get to the final milestone. In terms of matches that would be ~16.5 million matches. This is on VT scoring, I doubt there will be a large % of games coming from GC matches which has 60% higher average points per game (90 + 28 + 28 vs. 45 + 23 +23)
    First of all, I think it is important to state what I think should be obvious, but apparently isn't. There is no way that, had we scored any of the last few seasons under the S22 rules, we would have made it to one billion. The whole point of the event is to encourage participation, and setting the milestones in such a way that we would just automatically get the top milestone (and I'm considering the one billion mark the "top" milestone here as the obvious design target) would be nonsensical. So in terms of would we reach it if we just did what we normally do, the answer is no, deliberately not.

Having said that, the question is how *much* extra effort will it take? I have sporatic data over the last 20 seasons that I can use to try to guestimate how much solo points we were collectively scoring per season to get an idea. Season 9, for example, was a pretty active season. I scored 411k and placed 37043. I also had alts score 222k and 1k, placing 86k and 263k respectively. With some rough linear interpolation, that implies a very rough season point total of ~65 billion points. That normalizes to about 650 million points in S22 Realm event terms.

A similar calculation lands around 60 billion points in S12, and 80 billion points in S19. These are *very* rough estimates, but I would guess that without an event going on, we fluctuate between 50 billion and 80 billion points in a season, depending on whether there is some additional reward incentive going on, which translates roughly to 500 million to 800 million Realm points.

A billion points is a lot, and without a lot of players stepping up and doing significantly more matches than normal - even during a normal "enhanced" season - we are unlikely to make it. But the numbers aren't wildly crazy either: we're probably within 25% of our previous maximal efforts in Battlegrounds.

Incidentally, there's a lot of people that think BG is a bunch of Valiants battling for GC and a few lower progression players doing two matches and then quitting. These are probably the same players that thought BG was dying back in Season 13. But the numbers contradict this notion.

First of all, we tend to have between 220k and 260k players place on the solo milestone leaderboard. That means about 250k players, plus or minus, are playing BG every season. And scoring is not heavily weighted at the top. In S12 an alt scored 162k and placed about 106k on the leaderboard. That is approximately the median score given participation numbers. An alt scored 108k last season and placed 126k. Over one hundred thousand players scored more than one hundred thousand points in Season 20. Only 20-25k players typically make it to GC. So most of these one hundred thousand players are VT-caliber players, and a substantial portion are probably below Paragon.

A lot of players of all tiers and all strengths are significantly active in BG. Yes, there are players who do two matches and then quit. But they are the exception not the rule. And yes, there are a lot of players who currently sit on the sidelines. My guess is about 1/3rd of the playerbase actively plays BG. The numbers are there to reach one billion in theory.
    edited September 24
    DNA3000 said:

A billion points is a lot, and without a lot of players stepping up and doing significantly more matches than normal - even during a normal "enhanced" season - we are unlikely to make it. But the numbers aren't wildly crazy either: we're probably within 25% of our previous maximal efforts in Battlegrounds.

Incidentally, there's a lot of people that think BG is a bunch of Valiants battling for GC and a few lower progression players doing two matches and then quitting. These are probably the same players that thought BG was dying back in Season 13. But the numbers contradict this notion.

First of all, we tend to have between 220k and 260k players place on the solo milestone leaderboard. That means about 250k players, plus or minus, are playing BG every season. And scoring is not heavily weighted at the top. In S12 an alt scored 162k and placed about 106k on the leaderboard. That is approximately the median score given participation numbers. An alt scored 108k last season and placed 126k. Over one hundred thousand players scored more than one hundred thousand points in Season 20. Only 20-25k players typically make it to GC. So most of these one hundred thousand players are VT-caliber players, and a substantial portion are probably below Paragon.

A lot of players of all tiers and all strengths are significantly active in BG. Yes, there are players who do two matches and then quit. But they are the exception not the rule. And yes, there are a lot of players who currently sit on the sidelines. My guess is about 1/3rd of the playerbase actively plays BG. The numbers are there to reach one billion in theory.

100K points in previous seasons would be equal to 1200-1500 points, depending on win rates? To get the rewards for the 1B milestone, you need 1B cumulative points and 5000 individual points. Everyone doing 25% more will probably get everyone outside the top 100K players nothing more than the 6-star nexus. Without solo and alliance rewards what is the incentive for the people putting 100-200K points every season to do more? The event design requires the casual BG players to do a lot more so that the grinders get the rewards, maybe community spirit will lead to some uplift but it can also lead to a lot of disappointment and burnouts because the extremes you will need players to play 2-4x more than what they would typically.

The current reward structure gives you 2000 7-star shards for playing one BG match next season. Another 40-50 matches (which is enough to meet most daily objectives) will get you only 6-star shards and sig stones. Unless you are spending a lot of time on BGs, the optimal choice is to just play for once in two days objectives.
    Stature said:

DNA3000 said:

100K points in previous seasons would be equal to 1200-1500 points, depending on win rates?
    Within VT, the Realm points are conveniently 1/100th of the solo milestone points (rounded up). So if we assume the vast majority of points scored in the solo events is scored in the VT, then all we have to do is divide by 100, regardless of win/loss ratio.

*Some* points are scored in GC, of course, and those will be higher in the realm event than the solo event (proportionately) but here I'm assuming the ratio of VT points to GC points is high enough that to a first order approximation, we can ignore the GC bonus. If in fact a lot of players decide to grind for points in GC relative to previous seasons (something I think the devs are themselves curious to see if it happens) then the amount of points they will score will be disproportionately high. But at the moment, I'm not specifically factoring that into estimates that themselves have large margins for error.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 342 ★★★
    Put juicy reward under milestone to make people engage with the game more regardless the current state of the game! I have to say the marketing team is the best in Kabam!