Week three of the Crystal Cleanse: Smaug briefly awakens

DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
So here's our current crystal opening status, along with our current projected landing:

Seems to be more or less continuing the trend from last week, with one exception.

Sometime on Monday, crystal opening rates jumped up dramatically, peaking almost three times higher than the average from the past week. And unlike the RichtheMan bump from last Saturday, this was a sustained increase lasting about twelve hours. It increased total crystal openings on Monday to about 17.5 million, a level not seen since week one:

Either Smaug decided to start opening crystals, or Brian Grant was having a spin for mod marathon.

At the current trend line, we will land somewhere around 650-700m. That's not enough for the top milestone (1 billion) but it is enough to get to the second 150 unit milestone (495m) and at least two of the 25 T2 dust milestones (561m, 627m). There is still good reason for people to continue to open crystals, as it would help to reach milestone 21 (693m) which is another 25 T2 dust milestone.

I am curious to know where that large batch of crystals on Monday came from. The implication is there are substantial pockets of crystals that could be opened in theory, and a bunch of players just happened to decide to open them then. Unless there was some sort of in-game event or change that happened on that day that I'm unaware of, perhaps that suggests other latent crystal hoards out there. Or maybe that suggests that there are players waiting for later in the event to open crystals, and a bunch of them coincidentally decided to open on that day. Either way, the trend line is the trend line, but there is still the possibility for players to surprise us. We'll have to see.

Either way, players should still continue to open crystals at whatever rate they feel is reasonable for them. Even if we don't hit the top milestone, there are still good rewards for most players within reach we should try to get.

Comments

• GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 589 ★★★
    I could read these for hours, another great analysis. Curious to know more about the spike too.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,244 ★★★★★
    Please, please for god's sake, the milestones should end at either 100 dust, or 200 dust. I don't want to cling with 25 unwanted dust in the inventory forever.

Also the monday blip is probably @jdschw again. I hope he got proper finger rest this time.