Toad fight proves how bad Deathless Vision is

13»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Honestly, Vision in any form has never been a heavyweight in MCoC.

With that said, I did get into a decent rhythm (hat tip: Joel Gaming) and managed to clear Toad with 4 revives (not counting the single L1 needed after getting light intercepted with Toad <1%🤬). And of the legit four revives needed, one revive was a “assassin mastery” insta-death that still grinds my gears.

His furies add a nice bit of pop in the fight. It would be great to be able to access that a little more easily—maybe special intercepts as well as phases granting a fury.

Dr. Zola
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,903 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Honestly, Vision in any form has never been a heavyweight in MCoC.

With that said, I did get into a decent rhythm (hat tip: Joel Gaming) and managed to clear Toad with 4 revives (not counting the single L1 needed after getting light intercepted with Toad <1%🤬). And of the legit four revives needed, one revive was a “assassin mastery” insta-death that still grinds my gears.

His furies add a nice bit of pop in the fight. It would be great to be able to access that a little more easily—maybe special intercepts as well as phases granting a fury.

Dr. Zola</p>

He just needs more juice if thats get them quicker or if its duration as they really do not last long at all
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 412 ★★★

All I’ll say is this fight really emphasized the fact that I’ll never use him unless I’m required to.

Exactly. I don’t expect or even want every champ to be game-breaking, but I don’t want to be forced to use a champ like DV either.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    He could definitely use a tune up but I fear as a borderline trophy champ he won't get one.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,305 ★★★★★
    Man the tech class has really fallen behind haven’t day. They got the worst deathless while Cosmic got the strongest Deathless so far. Now I’m imagining that Deathless She Hulk will be the new strongest since she’s Science.

#JusticeForTechClass
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,305 ★★★★★

He could definitely use a tune up but I fear as a borderline trophy champ he won't get one.

Deathless champs and recent trophies do go through rebalancing though, to see if they meet expectations. If Vision doesn’t, he could definitely get a tune up like Spider Punk
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Member Posts: 504 ★★★
    I don’t see a niche role for deathless vision. He’s just bad.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,864 ★★★★★

The Deathless aren't trophies though; and do at least get looked at for rebalancing.

Guilly was looked at here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/366986/balance-upate-maestro-onslaught-guillotine-deathless#latest

Now, having said that, there's been no announcement of DKG being evaluated - that should be coming up soon after Punk/Prowler, as he came out at the same time (but couldn't immediately be obtained, so maybe next time...).

Still, Guilly (and Maestro) have set the precedent that these acquirable trophy champs are being monitored for balancing purposes.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

I kinda like Deathless Vision.. Just gotta slow play to utilize his kit. Not every fight has to be 30 seconds.. Get those fury's up and hit the special 2.. Decent damage.. Not OP damage but decent.. I might be in the minority but is what it is..

Hulking soloed the fight in 3 minutes , no one said it should be a 30 seconds fight , all I am saying it should feel way much easier than it is , not a long boring fight , I had fun using hulk and hulkling, DV was just not fun at all and he's supposed to be an insane champ , did y'all forget we have to play several game modes In Order to get him how can y'all be happy with such a lame champion after spending all that time to have him, I don't want him to be the new herc , just want him to be more useful than he's currently state
    I like a challenge sue me... I like to be able to master a champs abilities in order to get the best out of him.. I like being able to phase hits and get the defender right past a bar of power then power drain that fool lol.. He is useful if you like actually playing the game. Find a way to make him work ya feel meh...
    He has nothing to master he plays same as u would with other visions
    If you don't like him don't use him.. Problem solved B)
    100% agree.
    Thanks, I will be definitely doing that.

Instead of dropping iso into a 7* in my iso/gold poor alt account, I just boosted and got the objective with r1 lvl 1 DViz.