It’s like you want us to play less

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 760 ★★★★
    1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Stop confusing "game economy" with "how can we milk the whales"...

There's definitely a tiered system, and the whales get the cream of the crop first. I have zero problem with that.

What I have a problem with is the rest of us still earning the same bunk "rewards" for playing harder content with beefier AI against whales with tankier champs. Take Arena for example: The whales have stronger champs (rightfully so since they paid to get them) but, in turn, it directly makes Arena more difficult across the board FOR EVERYBODY, but the rewards are the same.

Let's be real: Adding 10 or even 20 more units to the milestones won't break anything. Period.

War is another example. That goalpost has shifted so far so fast due to whales, yet the upper mid and lower upper tiers are ultimately paying the price for, yet again, largely the same bunk "rewards".

Again, let's be real: Beefing up the Loyalty Store won't break anything. Period.

Back to my original point: Milk the whales with all the new shinier hardest to aquire materials/champs. That's fine. That's business. But at the same time realize that everyone else gets stomped on and receives stale bread and a bland cup of soup for their efforts...and their tired of eating both.

The whales continue to be fed while the rest starve.

It won't break the "game's economy" if you add slightly better, more updated rewards for the lower and middle tier players. You'll still be able to milk the whales out of 6 digits, but at the same time everyone else wll get to broaden their roster a little faster.

Admit it: The whales and top tier players have launched into a different galaxy at this point, and the rest of us are still stuck here on Earth. We're not asking to catch up to them, but it would be nice to at least get to Mars...

"milking the whales" is literally how this game is structured. something like a high-90-something-percent of players don't spend at all, so the whales have to be convinced to spend enough to make the game go around.

your complaint is that we get higher difficulty war and arena fights? c'mon man, that's silly, but guess what? your account is considered a whale roster to players below you too. they probably think that their rewards are "bunk" too in comparison.

if the average whale is spending $5k a year on the game, shouldn't they stomp f2p players in war and battlegrounds? if their spending didn't give them an advantage, why would they spend?

they're also getting the least amount of bang for their buck. a $100k for a rank 5 and f2p are practically getting them for free by doing saga objectives a few years later. do you want to spend a hundred thousand dollars on something that will be a dime a dozen 20 months later?

spenders are paying $100m to go to mars. sure, they'll be the first there, but they're funding an operation that will eventually send everyone else to mars for $10 bucks.
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit...go back and re-read my post...
    we can read just fine. you just want similar stuff to people who spend a fortune. "why can't we just get a little more....". cause the game doesn't work like that. you'll get everything eventually for free if you wait...
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 546 ★★★

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

There's definitely a tiered system, and the whales get the cream of the crop first. I have zero problem with that.

What I have a problem with is the rest of us still earning the same bunk "rewards" for playing harder content with beefier AI against whales with tankier champs. Take Arena for example: The whales have stronger champs (rightfully so since they paid to get them) but, in turn, it directly makes Arena more difficult across the board FOR EVERYBODY, but the rewards are the same.

Let's be real: Adding 10 or even 20 more units to the milestones won't break anything. Period.

War is another example. That goalpost has shifted so far so fast due to whales, yet the upper mid and lower upper tiers are ultimately paying the price for, yet again, largely the same bunk "rewards".

Again, let's be real: Beefing up the Loyalty Store won't break anything. Period.

Back to my original point: Milk the whales with all the new shinier hardest to aquire materials/champs. That's fine. That's business. But at the same time realize that everyone else gets stomped on and receives stale bread and a bland cup of soup for their efforts...and their tired of eating both.

It won't break the "game's economy" if you add slightly better, more updated rewards for the lower and middle tier players. You'll still be able to milk the whales out of 6 digits, but at the same time everyone else wll get to broaden their roster a little faster.

Admit it: The whales and top tier players have launched into a different galaxy at this point, and the rest of us are still stuck here on Earth. We're not asking to catch up to them, but it would be nice to at least get to Mars...

"milking the whales" is literally how this game is structured. something like a high-90-something-percent of players don't spend at all, so the whales have to be convinced to spend enough to make the game go around.

your complaint is that we get higher difficulty war and arena fights? c'mon man, that's silly, but guess what? your account is considered a whale roster to players below you too. they probably think that their rewards are "bunk" too in comparison.

if the average whale is spending $5k a year on the game, shouldn't they stomp f2p players in war and battlegrounds? if their spending didn't give them an advantage, why would they spend?

they're also getting the least amount of bang for their buck. a $100k for a rank 5 and f2p are practically getting them for free by doing saga objectives a few years later. do you want to spend a hundred thousand dollars on something that will be a dime a dozen 20 months later?

spenders are paying $100m to go to mars. sure, they'll be the first there, but they're funding an operation that will eventually send everyone else to mars for $10 bucks.
    we can read just fine. you just want similar stuff to people who spend a fortune. "why can't we just get a little more....". cause the game doesn't work like that. you'll get everything eventually for free if you wait...
    I didn't say that either...
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Member Posts: 286 ★★★
    edited September 28
    The only reason I play AW is for the 7* loyalty crystal. If that was taken away I would definitely stop playing. I believe most people Ik as well, my alliance for sure.
    edited September 28
    1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

we've heard it for years lol

injustice
    not fair
    why can't...

tl:dr cause whales are spending a fortune so everyone else can play for free

if anyone gets to complain, it's actually them. they pay steep early adopter fees for stuff that gets devalued quick.
    edited September 28

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

injustice
    not fair
    why can't...

if anyone gets to complain, it's actually them. they pay steep early adopter fees for stuff that gets devalued quick.
    Here's a tip: Read what people are actually saying instead of what you *think* they're saying, and don't quote them as saying something that they never said...
    1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

injustice
    not fair
    why can't...

Here's a tip: Read what people are actually saying instead of what you *think* they're saying, and don't quote them as saying something that they never said...
    you're complaining about:

"bunk rewards"
    what harm is an extra "20 units" in arena?
    whales are getting fed while everyone else is starving
    the gap is increasing and everyone else is getting stomped

it's the classic forum complaint and it's wrong as usual.

the gap is not increasing if it did the game would be at risk which it is not. the spending/f2p gap always stabilizes and the f2p always catch up.

a 4* crystal use to sell for 2500 units and whales would buy them. how much are their 4*s worth now? actually...how much were their 4*s worth in 2018? worthless...let alone 6 years later.

was f2p getting crushed back then? temporarily maybe. in the long run no, they're still alive and still around and still thriving.

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

injustice
    not fair
    why can't...

you're complaining about:

"bunk rewards"
    what harm is an extra "20 units" in arena?
    whales are getting fed while everyone else is starving
    the gap is increasing and everyone else is getting stomped

it's the classic forum complaint and it's wrong as usual.

the gap is not increasing if it did the game would be at risk which it is not. the spending/f2p gap always stabilizes and the f2p always catch up.

a 4* crystal use to sell for 2500 units and whales would buy them. how much are their 4*s worth now? actually...how much were their 4*s worth in 2018? worthless...let alone 6 years later.

was f2p getting crushed back then? temporarily maybe. in the long run no, they're still alive and still around and still thriving.

You at least got part of what I said correct this time...
    this is an injustice! whales are crushing us with their 4* rosters and 5* sig stone offers! spending gap! slap to the face! the game's dying! boycott! everyone stop spending! oh noes!

notice how you always hear about outcome inequality but you never hear about effort inequality..hmm.

maybe the complainers should try spending $50k a year on the game and see what it's like..

notice how you always hear about outcome inequality but you never hear about effort inequality..hmm.

maybe the complainers should try spending $50k a year on the game and see what it's like..

Good luck getting anybody to feel bad for someone who KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY chooses to spend $50k a year on one of the single worse depreciating assets this side of a scratch-off lottery ticket...

Not gonna happen...

Also, to your point, spending $50k a year on a game takes as much effort as spending $1...

It's literally a tap of a button...
  • ST4RL0RD08ST4RL0RD08 Member Posts: 3
    When are they going to redo the apothecary? It’s been over a year of this absolute trash! Level 1 health potions and 1 revive for exploration without even an option to auto complete?! It’s beyond a joke. EOP runs and Carina challenges are nigh on impossible now, even more so in combination with the state of Ai and dropped inputs as they are. Rework this please, the community HATED the change when you implemented it, but you didn’t listen. If you carry on this way (just blindsiding and trying to shaft the community at every opportunity,) you will just kill the game. You guys never give the community even a tiny win. It’s always pure greed and trying to shaft us. LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS FOR GOD SAKE!
    1199345 said:

Good luck getting anybody to feel bad for someone who KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY chooses to spend $50k a year on one of the single worse depreciating assets this side of a scratch-off lottery ticket...

Not gonna happen...

Also, to your point, spending $50k a year on a game takes as much effort as spending $1...

nice. you admitted that the newest resources suffer from massive deprecation.

next you might retract your earlier statement that it's unjust that whales are light years ahead.

"Admit it: The whales and top tier players have launched into a different galaxy at this point, and the rest of us are still stuck here on Earth. We're not asking to catch up to them, but it would be nice to at least get to Mars..."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2638430/#Comment_2638430

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

next you might retract your earlier statement that it's unjust that whales are light years ahead.

"Admit it: The whales and top tier players have launched into a different galaxy at this point, and the rest of us are still stuck here on Earth. We're not asking to catch up to them, but it would be nice to at least get to Mars..."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2638430/#Comment_2638430
    You REALLY have an issue with comprehension...
    1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

wouldn't it be nice if everyone spent so that kabam wouldn't monetize the way they do and everybody could "get to mars"?

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

wouldn't it be nice if everyone spent so that kabam wouldn't monetize the way they do and everybody could "get to mars"?
    Spenders aren't the problem.

Whales aren't the problem.

Kabam milking the whales isn't the problem.

Kabam monetizing the way they do isn't the problem.

The problem is having to face an AI that's rapidly increasing in difficulty, while fighting champs who are rapidly increasing in difficulty, and earning relatively the same stagnant rewards that we've been getting for years now; The overall difficulty has rapidly and substantially increased across all game modes, yet the rewards have largely remained the same...
    1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

The problem is having to face an AI that's rapidly increasing in difficulty, while fighting champs who are rapidly increasing in difficulty, and earning relatively the same stagnant rewards that we've been getting for years now; The overall difficulty has rapidly and substantially increased across all game modes, yet the rewards have largely remained the same...
    AI difficulty - AI hasn't affected me personally, but yes they don't use specials and wait out power stings, etc. but it's something we all have to deal with.

difficult defenders - yes....bullseye, serpent, and enchantress. and onslaught, photon, and maestro before it but the latter 3 aren't broken anymore and the former 3 will have the same fate. community overcomes.

"same stagnant rewards for year" = not true. noticeable buff to glory when it happened, solid buff to BGs, big buff to AW.

"increase difficulty, rewards have largely remained the same" = incorrect, see above. but also rewards will probably get buffed soonish after cyber monday and gifting. also asking for better stuff will needlessly accelerate the game. why do we want 8*s faster?

we complain no matter what. if they slow down on rewards we complain and if they speed up we will eventually cry about 8 stars.

i'm not shilling for them but let's let kabam handle it. they've been responsible with the economy, nothing too out there so far although personally i wish they'd go slower because at this rate we're getting the next rarity faster than last time...
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

Also the paragon gauntlet shouldn't be locked away behind exploration. Put it behind completion and you'll see more engagement. Valiants don't have trouble with TB content. It's just not worth the time and energy spent on it.

Correct - every month I watch and then blitz it in 2 days of the last week, but really this month I think I'm going to skip TB exploration altogether. Did TB completion and I think I'll leave it there unless I want to ascend someone (which is the only reason I do the gauntlet).
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    edited September 29

EQ and SQ - Rewards are fine for the level difficulty. We have some large changes planned for these modes we are working on that will help us scale both difficulty and rewards in the future.

Looking forward to this as, (apart from the wildly outdated sigil store) this is my biggest gripe - particularly EQs (I don't mind SQs as they are usually short).

I prefer grinding arena to exploring TB eq. It's not the difficulty but the grinding nature for those rewards, given we also have to grind AW, AQ and BGs.

I know we aren't mandated to do all content so I will start leaving it out until I see these changes, personally.
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 84
    The loyalty store has always been a baffling store. With so little of the resources being given each war, none from the season rewards and how overpriced the rank up materials are in them.

How are most players expected to manage to keep up with the boosts and potions while saving enough to buy tank up materials every season
    edited September 29

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

AI difficulty - AI hasn't affected me personally, but yes they don't use specials and wait out power stings, etc. but it's something we all have to deal with.

difficult defenders - yes....bullseye, serpent, and enchantress. and onslaught, photon, and maestro before it but the latter 3 aren't broken anymore and the former 3 will have the same fate. community overcomes.

"same stagnant rewards for year" = not true. noticeable buff to glory when it happened, solid buff to BGs, big buff to AW.

"increase difficulty, rewards have largely remained the same" = incorrect, see above. but also rewards will probably get buffed soonish after cyber monday and gifting. also asking for better stuff will needlessly accelerate the game. why do we want 8*s faster?

we complain no matter what. if they slow down on rewards we complain and if they speed up we will eventually cry about 8 stars.

i'm not shilling for them but let's let kabam handle it. they've been responsible with the economy, nothing too out there so far although personally i wish they'd go slower because at this rate we're getting the next rarity faster than last time...
    I said "relatively the same stagnant rewards", not "the same stagnant rewards"...re-read it...you misquoted again to fit the argument you're trying to make...
  • BloodreaperBloodreaper Member Posts: 37
    Shouldnt have changed the event ui
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

Don't get me started on how they took FOREVER to update solo crystals that people hoarded now we are just stuck with these garbage iso and gold crystals

thats kinda the point tho.
    while ever people have so much hoarded they can never be updated to anything meaningful.
    else that will just screw the game economy.

they could make a new crystal shard and stop handing out the old one, but the old shards will still remain useless.
    any update they did for the current shards whilst potentially better than what it currently is will still have to fall well short of anything meaningful else all it does is reward summoners ho hoarded whilst punishing those that opened. encouraging future hoarding whilst at the same time flooding the game with whatever they put it, thereby instantly diminishing its value
  • Steam97Steam97 Member Posts: 147 ★★

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

Can you tell me what buff to glory you're mentioning? Nothing changed in AQ except raids in more than a year, last bg update was more than 6 months ago and they have other parts of the game requiring more attention, but there are still some aspects not perfect there, like the circuit rewards honestly have so much useless relic stuff that should be updated, relics are dead but at least giving some materials to r3 the 6 star relics can still excite some players. War has good rewards only for plat 1+ alliances.
    Then I have no idea why u keep mentioning 8 stars, there are still 3 ranks for 7 stars before they're maxed out and we still have a long way ahead before we can even think about those, and buffing some outdated game modes means nothing on 8 stars but yeah thet can't change too much but still ignoring some stuff for so long eventually makes something die. You're definitely trying to defend kabam but you know they're not perfect like you think they are, and made many mistakes over the years, like last year banquet event. Like the current state of the monthly events is really sad, we all used to be excited to play the new monthly content while right now is just not fun and not rewarding and many stopped playing it and I hope they don't let it die like it looks like they're doing. I know crashed said they're working on an update but in this game it means little to nothing until we see something.
    edited September 29
    Steam97 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna happen...

Can you tell me what buff to glory you're mentioning? Nothing changed in AQ except raids in more than a year, last bg update was more than 6 months ago and they have other parts of the game requiring more attention, but there are still some aspects not perfect there, like the circuit rewards honestly have so much useless relic stuff that should be updated, relics are dead but at least giving some materials to r3 the 6 star relics can still excite some players. War has good rewards only for plat 1+ alliances.
    Then I have no idea why u keep mentioning 8 stars, there are still 3 ranks for 7 stars before they're maxed out and we still have a long way ahead before we can even think about those, and buffing some outdated game modes means nothing on 8 stars but yeah thet can't change too much but still ignoring some stuff for so long eventually makes something die. You're definitely trying to defend kabam but you know they're not perfect like you think they are, and made many mistakes over the years, like last year banquet event. Like the current state of the monthly events is really sad, we all used to be excited to play the new monthly content while right now is just not fun and not rewarding and many stopped playing it and I hope they don't let it die like it looks like they're doing. I know crashed said they're working on an update but in this game it means little to nothing until we see something.
    the stores:

-the last buff to the glory store was in january, so it's a little stale but what players conveniently keep forgetting is that in november they buffed the heck out of the daily crystal which gives a ton a good stuff and players used to get two of them a day! why do players pretend this never happened?

-battlegrounds store got updated in late feb/early march. let's think of an update plan...they're definitely weren't going to update it before july 4 because that would be too soon and they won't update it before cyber monday either because that would only devalue their offers. so why is everyone shocked and outraged? why would kabam devalue one of the biggest sale days of the year for no reason? a buff will happen just not now.

-war got buffed in december and another big boost just recently.

-they also introduced the trader's outpost.

i keep mentioning 8 stars because players keep asking for higher quantities of stuff and that only means devaluation and when you get devaluation they're forced to bring out the next rank faster which speeds along the entire rarity. give us more means inching towards 8s even faster and guess what, players will cry and moan about that too.

kabam isn't perfect but they clearly know how to run the game cause we're all still here, but these posts are just the same old general stuff we've been hearing for a decade.

"i'm tired of _____"
    "the state of the game"
    "i feel this and that"

all of this will be FORGOTTEN in a few months. they'll have cyber monday, gifting, and i'm guessing a giant 10 year anniversary event where everyone gets high on crystals and free goodies and appreciation posts will be all over the forum, they'll buff a store or two, and then a certain period later we'll return back to our semi-annual "State of The Game" programming. it's so boring.
  • akanakanakanakan Member Posts: 1
    Totally agree
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    Thank you for the detailed reply, Crashed.

Here’s the unfortunate reality for many players like me (mid-valiant…did a necro path and 8.4 in April). The time required for a lot of these modes is literally meaningless for the top of my roster.

AQ - can’t buy any meaningful t6cc, can’t buy any t3a at all.

War - we’re pretty casual in plat 5 war. Minimal help for a 6-week season. (20% for 6 weeks)

BG season - a small alliance reward even in the top 10%. (15% for 5 weeks)

If you combine these three modes, how long does it take you with 5-week BG seasons and 6-week war seasons (offseason included) to accrue 3 t4a? The answer: 11 months. 11 months of war, AQ and BGs gets me enough t4a for one extra r3. I’m about to have 7 7r3 champs. The process of building a 30-champ BG deck is already ridiculous when I have 45 champs at 7r3, 7r2, or 6r5 ascended. These modes collectively require a ton of time but offer almost nothing besides the ability to rank yet another jerk defender or a novelty champ for funsies (shout out to Wolverine)