Some records are made to be broken. This is probably not one of them.

2»

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,019 ★★★★★
    Bruh I forgot how toxic this forum is. Godspeed @DNA3000 , glad to see you’re still kicking
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Bruh I forgot how toxic this forum is. Godspeed @DNA3000 , glad to see you’re still kicking

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the bootlicking shill.
  • BloodreaperBloodreaper Member Posts: 63

the dna hate is crazy

Deserves it
  • NinjaStrongNinjaStrong Member Posts: 6
    There was a post in July saying they are working on updating the sigil 🤞🏻
    Kabam Crashed
    July 17
    I've teased that we have big plans for Sigil in the past and they are getting much closer. If all goes according to plan you will see a big announcement about it at some point in the next 2 or 3 months.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 516 ★★★

@StevieManWonder , you're still here. Been a long time since I saw your comments
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

I am a silly, silly player sometimes.

Next will be two years of Sigil, which should happen in January 2029. I wonder what the game will even look like then. When I first started subscribing to the Sigil, basically when it first came out in July 2019:

The highest progression title was Cavalier (Thronebreaker was still a year out)
    The highest possible champion rank was 6* R3 (I think)
    Act 6.2 had just been released (we were beta testing 6.3)
    The highest monthly EQ difficulty tier was Uncollected
    The highest tier end game content was Labyrinth of Legends
    AQ did not yet have modifiers
    We were still grinding for 5* champs in the arena
    We could still sell champions
    There was no Incursions or Battlegrounds (we did have the precursor to Incursions: Dungeons)

The game is still recognizable of course, but in many ways it is a totally different game. We chase champions differently, or at least with different intent, we have more game modes to spread out time around, and almost all the content in parts of the game that did not exist back then is designed completely differently, with the new emphasis on roster depth (i.e. Act 7+, TB EQ difficulty, Seasons of Pain, Crucible). And I think there's been a more subtle shift from the pre-2019 game where you did content as part of the process of eventually progressing upward to doing content *explicitly* to progress up. Do 6.1, get Cavalier. Do Necropolis, get Valiant. That sort of thing. Admittedly, that began with the Collector, but still. Growing roster outward is still a grind, but progressing upward seems to me to be more of a skill hurdle than a grind barrier (cf: Cantona's speed runs).

And I think there's a lot more end game content than in the days (literally days) of the Maze. Not just traditional end game content like Gauntlet, Crucible and Summer of Suffering, but also competitive end game content vis-a-vis Battlegrounds. But the game is still very casual friendly. I still see players come back to the game after sometimes years of absence, and instead of being completely overwhelmed to the point of being scared away, they are often amazed by how much more content there is to do, how much more rewards there are and how easy they are to achieve with just a modicum of effort.

Yes, there are bugs, and yes there are obvious process failures. And yes, not everything the devs do is loved by everyone. But the fact that we still have a relatively stable playerbase that still plays the game, and the game still attracts lots of new players, and the game still welcomes back and is relatively friendly to players that previously dropped the game, and it has evolved so much over the last four and a half years but is still recognizably the same game, bodes well for me actually making it to two years of Sigil with the game still going strong.

Thanks DNA, for keeping the game alive so us f2p can enjoy it.