Are you old school? How old school? Do you remember......

Comments

• kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 76
    Not that long ago, but something nobody has mentioned, when acts 1,2,3 were 4 chapters, or when you could sell champs for iso
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,319 Guardian
    kvirr said:

…or when you could sell champs for iso

I know everyone says nowadays “don’t sell champs”.
    But way back during the first year's AntMan / YellowJak milestone (or Arena ?) event, we got something like 15 Antman's and 5 YellowJak's (maybe of varying 2* and 3*).

So was handy at the time, claim one, Rank/Level up for Levelup/Advancement points, sell him for stuff, claim him again in the next milestone, repeat, etc.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Member Posts: 150
    smdam38 said:

Remember when brutalDlx and some other folks were vying to be the first to finish RoL.

Wolverine was a giant roadblock. One person was using Electro and a ton of revives to try to get past him.

That one person who was using Electro was BrutalDLX
    If not, Genocide would have been 1st person to clear realm of legends
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Member Posts: 150

There was a time when existed 1x1 Arenas

OOH I REMEMBER THIS!!! There was a name for it, forgot it now though
    Was it just “Dual”?
    It's called "quick match"

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/QuickMatch
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,474 ★★★★
    Remember when MCOC used to be peak gaming? 😔
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,981 ★★★★★
    When getting T3CC was frustrating as all #$%^ either waiting weeks to get enough to rank a 4* or running it over and over again for a piddly amount of shards.

It took me 100 rounds of the T4B arena to get both cats.

Struggling with master EQ difficulty.

When 5k prestige would get you in a good alliance.

And because I'm still salty, paying real money for a 4* awakening gem bundle for scarlet witch who was the only champ I had that was proper God Tier, right before 12.0 haha

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,981 ★★★★★
    Oh, one I forgot, when willpower stacked per debuff, even if they were the same. Made Antman unusable against anyone with willpower.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 513 ★★★

Oh, one I forgot, when willpower stacked per debuff, even if they were the same. Made Antman unusable against anyone with willpower.

Ironfist too. And players were crying when they nerfed willpower. Imagine if they had listen to players.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    Shards weren't a thing when the game first rolled out. Remember running IF, BP, and BB as 3 stars to get through content. Didn't get my first 4 star until 5 months in (and it was OG Cap Marvel). I started a week or so after launch.

Also, no gates back then either. Just nodes as far as the eye could see lol.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,255 ★★★★★
    Nodes weren't a thing to start with. Pretty sure they came in after I started playing.
  • kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 519 ★★★
    I remember moon knight having one stack max bleed and he was the meta back then because of his stun lock lol
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    @DragonMCOC remember the days??
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,805 ★★★★★
    Winter Soldier used to have different SP
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    kenadroid said:

I remember moon knight having one stack max bleed and he was the meta back then because of his stun lock lol

Not nodes for champs, but the energy nodes.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Member Posts: 178

Ironfist too. And players were crying when they nerfed willpower. Imagine if they had listen to players.
    I remember when they planned to do the same for pure skill, return resources and let you buy it back...maybe in the next week 10 years.
  • AsyalolAsyalol Member Posts: 44
    i remeber, arena aplha basic 1* is uniti cost for entrie
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,383 ★★★

smdam38 said:

Remember when brutalDlx and some other folks were vying to be the first to finish RoL.

Wolverine was a giant roadblock. One person was using Electro and a ton of revives to try to get past him.

That one person who was using Electro was BrutalDLX
    If not, Genocide would have been 1st person to clear realm of legends
    I didn’t remember who it was. That’s crazy to use Electro for RoL Wolverine.

I remember being jealous of a teammates ironfist because he wrecked one of the first aq bosses….
    It was Groot.
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Member Posts: 90
    Concierge? I haven’t heard that name in years. :s
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,383 ★★★★★

Imagine if we still had that today.
    Joe Fixit in first AW days would just heal you up with his bleeds.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,963 ★★★★
    I remember watching Lagacy getting his first 6* rank 4 after ages of grinding, and thinking to myself that there was no way an F2P like myself could be able to ever get to Paragon. I'm telling you, those were the days
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Member Posts: 463 ★★★
    I remember when magiks sig ability darkchild used to rewind and when abomination didn't have pants lol
  • Mr_Oyo_2008Mr_Oyo_2008 Member Posts: 7
    1v1 solo arenas, with Wolverine and someone else as the pictures for that certain arena
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,319 Guardian

Made OG CapAmerica (was a defender in 2nd section of one of the AQ maps, map-4 ??) into a very quick gas station “health fill-up” node.
    smdam38 said:

I remember being jealous of a teammates ironfist because he wrecked one of the first aq bosses….
    It was Groot.

“one of the first bosses” ?

Wasn’t the actual first one Ultron ? (It was when I first remember AQ)
    And that was prior to Parry existing yet, and don’t think the concept of “intercept” had come out (or was widely known) yet either.
    Maybe groot was just mini?
    Maybe I actually don’t remember.

Was in alliance that got 4* Unstoppable Colossus during the Ultron event.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Member Posts: 2,170 ★★★★★
    I remember missing out on the 5* awakening gem for something in 2017 (12.0?) because my total rating was below 200k and our leader was the only one in the alliance who qualified
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    I remember avoiding anyone in Arena who was a high enough level to qualify for Willpower
  • MizuriNicoleMizuriNicole Member Posts: 28
    Since summer 2016 🤢🤮