Initial thoughts about Battlegrounds Blitz

MizuriNicoleMizuriNicole Member Posts: 28
The way it looks and DNA can make several calculations and based on Realm Event experience...I truly don't think we will reach 1B.

I don't know who at Kabam picks such milestones but I think it's bizarre especially the first 9 milestones.

I kinda miss now the BG Solo.
Like the sayin' " You'll never really appreciate something until you lose it."

Comments

• MizuriNicoleMizuriNicole Member Posts: 28
    How much GC gives per win with Elder Marks ?
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 106
    edited October 3

How much GC gives per win with Elder Marks ?

About double VT, 118 if I remember right
  • FantasticDellasFantasticDellas Member Posts: 3
    With the state of AI and gameplay this event should have been postponed, getting hit through block, not being able to dex immediately after specials (there is like a .5 second root), combo recovery speed etc etc. it’s a joke the game needs to be fixed so that participants enjoy events like this instead of feeling defeated and forced to participate if they want the better rewards. I genuinely go into every fight knowing im going to get smashed because of broken AI nonsense. Developers should be ashamed of themselves.

With the state of AI and gameplay this event should have been postponed, getting hit through block, not being able to dex immediately after specials (there is like a .5 second root), combo recovery speed etc etc. it’s a joke the game needs to be fixed so that participants enjoy events like this instead of feeling defeated and forced to participate if they want the better rewards. I genuinely go into every fight knowing im going to get smashed because of broken AI nonsense. Developers should be ashamed of themselves.

Well said, I agree 💯
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,024 ★★★★★
    1 billion is probably doable; 1.5, probably not.
    To get to 1 billion we need to average about 36m per day. We are currently a little over 26m, so our current pace is about 32-33m. That's with (roughly) no one in GC, so everyone is earning less points, and that's also with a lot of players likely sitting back waiting for the big accounts to move up like every other season. A full titan crystal at 1 billion is pretty good incentive to push to that point, but the significant drop-off in rewards after that will stall things significantly.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,024 ★★★★★

1 billion is probably doable; 1.5, probably not.
    To get to 1 billion we need to average about 36m per day. We are currently a little over 26m, so our current pace is about 32-33m. That's with (roughly) no one in GC, so everyone is earning less points, and that's also with a lot of players likely sitting back waiting for the big accounts to move up like every other season. A full titan crystal at 1 billion is pretty good incentive to push to that point, but the significant drop-off in rewards after that will stall things significantly.

Once we get to gc the engagement and points will definitely fall, even tho gc gives more points.
    You're probably not wrong, but we will find out. If there is less engagement from big accounts, then we may see a surge of smaller accounts pushing more because they won't face as hard a time as previous seasons. The return of the alliance event may also impact things a bit as well, though probably not significantly.
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 121
    The best way to show this event it's not good is doing the bare minimum
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 121

IlociaM said:

Why do that? You’re just screwing the community (and yourself) out of rewards. It’s also a self-fulfilling prophecy, saying “they messed up with how high the threshold is for the rewards, so I’m not gonna contribute more than bare minimum”

IlociaM said:

Why do that? You’re just screwing the community (and yourself) out of rewards. It’s also a self-fulfilling prophecy, saying “they messed up with how high the threshold is for the rewards, so I’m not gonna contribute more than bare minimum”
    5k points and vacation the rest of the season
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 492 ★★
    edited October 3
    I feel they have the right mindset, but not the right implantation stratagem. The point gain is definitely too low overall. But noting that the same number of points gained in the Realm event in every battlegrounds match is the same, assuming that the same currency is used by both players, perhaps it may just be a certain proportionality missing.

We might, however, see a spike in points when BG whalers, especially alliances like BgBar, reach GC. Noting that 400 tokens are given with every milestone, that is a total of 4 matches to be played (400/90 = 4.44). So in GC, we earn double the points (118 as opposed to 68 in VT, all assuming EM are used only). So that earns us a total of 118 x 4 = 472 from wins and 28 x 4 = 112 from base completions in the same match.

So, we see a total earning of 472+112 = 584 points from 4 matches, all using Elder's marks.
    But, that's assuming one duo.

Approximately 1500 people make it to GC each season (I don't know the exact number). 750 duos. 438,000 points earned by just using those 400 Elder's Marks. Whales would buy more with units.

But with this event, we will see a definite rise in the number of players who would attempt to reach GC, which means you can make way more than just 438,000 a day, by just playing those 4 BG matches.

To reach 1.5 Billion, we need an average of 53 M a day. I say it's not doable.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 312 ★★★
    Keep in mind that bg play this season will be inflated for more than just the realm event; we’ve got a deathless piece tied to reaching the GC and banquet tickets attached to the “win a match” objectives every 2 days, so that’s two exclusive 7*s attached to the grind. I suspect that while we may not hit the max milestones, we’ll definitely reach the last major one with the full titan crystal.
    Many rage quit
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,438 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

3) Early matchmaking & Milestone composition. I’ve hit a couple of accounts that are significantly smaller than me yesterday and today. I would be discouraged to have zero chance at a win in that situation. This event needs smaller accounts playing BGs.

Dr. Zola

I am doing my bit for the community on this one. Giving easy wins to lower accounts pushing them a bit higher.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,578 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

DrZola said:

3) Early matchmaking & Milestone composition. I’ve hit a couple of accounts that are significantly smaller than me yesterday and today. I would be discouraged to have zero chance at a win in that situation. This event needs smaller accounts playing BGs.

Dr. Zola

I am doing my bit for the community on this one. Giving easy wins to lower accounts pushing them a bit higher.
    Yup, play with energy send every small account up, farm them after... Sounds terrible but we all get the same rewards...

Graves_3 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yup, play with energy send every small account up, farm them after... Sounds terrible but we all get the same rewards...
    If this is against ToS, sorry this is Kabam's Frankenstein... Reward structure should have been thought out better.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 437 ★★★
    Someone mentioned the prisoner’s dilemma (look it up), and I think it’s very apt.

Whether we reach the meaningful milestones will be driven by community psychology and the ability to build and sustain momentum. Anyone who wants to help make this successful should probably be playing early and often so the community sees progress and hopefully people are inspired to play more / sooner.
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    I very much dislike the event. They call BGs a "solo competitive mode". Something I can play casually throughout the month and hit my 300,000 points for guaranteed rewards. That has now been stripped away. Any realm event should be on top of whatever else would normally happen, not a replacement for rewards that are available every month.

"But you will get those rewards if the community does its part!" Not what I want from the mode.
  • DeathsworkerDeathsworker Member Posts: 174 ★★
    Can't wait to see cavaliers with 7* enchantress from their titans
    Raganator said:

I very much dislike the event. They call BGs a "solo competitive mode". Something I can play casually throughout the month and hit my 300,000 points for guaranteed rewards. That has now been stripped away. Any realm event should be on top of whatever else would normally happen, not a replacement for rewards that are available every month.

"But you will get those rewards if the community does its part!" Not what I want from the mode.

To be fair, the rewards for 300k are outdated and pretty bad...
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 447 ★★★

No faith in the community and I hope they kill the Realm event system.
    The initial Road to the crypt it was a bunch of Paragons with a personal goal first, become Valiant and an Event on the side to get extra rewards. This new system without progression tiered rewards is just an event with a small ammoujt of people trying and a bunch of leeches reaching minimum goals.
    They put way too much faith on the "positivity" of the "amazing community".
    I really think this realm event is flawed, the first 2k points (as minimum requirement to claim rewards) are milestomes with items I don't even care for. Basically I feel like I am putting points for someone else to get suitable rewards.

The individual threshold to claim the rewards is high enough at 5K points that no one is getting the good rewards without putting significant effort in. You should just play to the extent you want to.

Even if you put up 10K points, if you get the titan crystal, rest of the community is putting up 999,990,000 points for you to get the rewards. Lot of people are putting points for you to get rewards just as much as you are putting points for someone else.
    No, BringPopcorn has a point.
    Many if not thousands folks will bench in low brackets in VT, waiting to see those milestones achieved
    by others and only then they will calculate how much elder marks to use to hit the exact achieved milestone.

Some will burn 5k-10k points without even maybe reaching that titan....
    I think and I also agree that the whole event is NOT built smart.