Do you agree with kabam selling new 7*s?

13»

Comments

• WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,356 ★★★
    Steam97 said:

Gamer said:

I really don't understand why it's such an issue. If it's about competitive balance then 99% of players won't actually fight people that bought these champs because they're already probably at the top end of the game

That’s true but the thing is if that’s the new norm there there no way telling how far 8 stars really it I like the idea there can get something for and kind of people spend 500 dollars let them hav it really it in the end of the day it just a game now i just know where I stand.
    Yall can keep fear mongering about 8 stars but they're doing a lot to stop that from being any where near on the horizon. The gap between 6 and 7 stars was 5 years and with ascension I don't think we're anywhere close to having to worry about 8 stars
    Well often giving away easy 7 stars for a good amount of money has two possible consequences. First it could kill the casual spenders, even if you spend some but not a lot you'll feel even more that you can't keep up with the roster additions a whale will get and so could just decide to go f2p or be a whale. Secondly if those offers become too many then even some whales could decide to just stop caring, if the game ends up requiring too much money to keep up with the top of the game then some may just stop spending money it they don't think the chase is worth it. I hope kabam won't be too greedy with this type of offers cause it can have consequences
    You can't say they're giving them away for a good amount of money lmao, those are 2 mutually exclusive concepts. The thing people need to remember is that the people that spend the most amount of money on the game are constantly needing bigger and bigger things to spend money on. You used to have to spend 28 dollars on a 4 star awakening gem where now you can get 6 star ags for free every month. Whales won't keep spending the same amount on the same amount of goods because that would kill them from spending. I don't understand how it's greedy for a business to have to alter what they offer to buy as time moves on.
  • Gordon_X602Gordon_X602 Member Posts: 33
    No no no. There is no 8 stars coming. 7 stars is finally limit.
    There will need next to build in tools, champ assist or increase reclics
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,356 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Every week I feel more and more glad that I retired, game has been going in such a horrible direction the past few months lol they keep making the gap between f2p and p2w bigger and bigger for absolutely no reason other than: 🤑

Agreed, they are feeding the whales (rich) and leaving the poor behind.
    Yeah they're really leaving the poor behind by buffing old champions that most people have and making them counters to difficult defenders and constant pushing quality of life and visual updates that won't bring them any money /s

Even if your point was true, why exactly is it so bad for a company to give more to paying players than free ones? They literally just gave a huge bundle of free stuff out yesterday
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,621 ★★★★★
    So how how much a spender spend on getting a 7*?

600,700,$1,000?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Every week I feel more and more glad that I retired, game has been going in such a horrible direction the past few months lol they keep making the gap between f2p and p2w bigger and bigger for absolutely no reason other than: 🤑

Yeah they're really leaving the poor behind by buffing old champions that most people have and making them counters to difficult defenders and constant pushing quality of life and visual updates that won't bring them any money /s

Even if your point was true, why exactly is it so bad for a company to give more to paying players than free ones? They literally just gave a huge bundle of free stuff out yesterday
    I mean, I think we all know that both player groups are important to the overall health of the game. And there needs to be a balance to who gets what, and how they get it. If you were to tell me that 7star featured arenas were on the horizon for then I’d retract my previous apprehension as it offer a FTP pathway to new champ acquisition to compete with the P2P pathway.

I agree that P2P is the fuel that keep the lights on, and they deserve the best stuff first for playing that role. But the F2P players are important as well as these are the ones that typically drive the skill ceiling and monthly download numbers that keep this app popular in the various stores as well.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,444 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

4 months ago Usafa was going for his 14th r3, meanwhile I was going for my sixth, totally not leaving f2p behind. I'm sure the buffs compensate for the x2 amount of 7* whales have over me lmao.