**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would you quit this game if you pulled a 6* trash-tier champ? (Kamala Khan, Hulk Buster, etc.)

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Well? Some already have or are near being able to open their first 6* champ.

Would you quit this game if you pulled a 6* trash-tier champ? (Kamala Khan, Hulk Buster, etc.) 169 votes

Yes, rage quit definitely.
27%
hurricantRB6942Haji_SaabAjavedHulk_77bloodyCainCapWW2Fireballs5INTEGRALbuffajrHotCarloskeysareNikoBravoDarciliszuffySpideyDanny_DohyunfabbassJac094Random_Noob 46 votes
No, that's the ugly 'beauty' of this game.
72%
DL864Stara99ThatweirdguyKpatrixVdh2008BigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerSolswerdAlex_sc11danielmathSnakeEyes69CableShrimkinsDrZolaFingerPicknGoodThebgj01BitterSteelDarkestDestroyerMegaSkater67SMiller80 123 votes

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Because eventually they will get buffed (gotta hope that), plus from the look of it a rank 1 6* will be equal to a rank 4 5* so they’ll be very powerful
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    No. Gotta take the bad luck with the good. Just the way RNG works.
  • DizastarDizastar Posts: 56
    Bye y'all.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    No I wouldn't and I fully expect to pull an awful champ.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    No one would quit, that's the truth
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I won't be opening mine unless there are good champs in there, I would rather save up than get ****. But the thing is, so many people whine about crappy champs and don't realize that by honing your skills with a bottom tier champ, once you get a god tier you'll be skilled enough to use them correctly. I knew a few guys who got lucky with their first few 4*s and thought they were great players. When they nerfed sw, ds, and Thor they were lost and were nowhere near as skilled as guys who were using other champs to clear content.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    No one would quit, that's the truth

I agree. If you’ve stuck around long enough to get a 6* you’re not just gonna quit
  • No, that's the ugly 'beauty' of this game.
    I do wish they would balance the champs out, but, well, your 5* champs are going to be viable for a loooong time. Why quit if you've spent this much time playing the game over some RNG choice?
  • BluuurrrrBluuurrrr Posts: 38
    But I really wouldn’t want them on my profile as they start at equivalent of a 4/55
  • Lex_Luger21Lex_Luger21 Posts: 69
    raffster wrote: »
    Well? Some already have or are near being able to open their first 6* champ.

NO, a six star champ is a six star champ... You should be happy if you even got one.
  • concepcion29concepcion29 Posts: 42
    nope. I think the 6* will be strong regardless if it is trash. it's just the luck of the draw and those players that have stuck around long enough and spent months/years playing this game know it is just part of the game. you win some, you lose some.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    r1 6* ~= r4 5*

So, no one would be happy if they pulled one of the less desirable champs, but to claim you'd quit the game over that is just silly hyperbole.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    dkatryl wrote: »
    r1 6* ~= r4 5*

So, no one would be happy if they pulled one of the less desirable champs, but to claim you'd quit the game over that is just silly hyperbole.

I'm sure there are people who would, although I suspect most of them are players that are already not happy with the game and just looking for a reason. I personally only gamble if I am willing to sometimes lose.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    i didn't quit when I pulled a trash 2*, 3*, 4*, 5*, so why stop now?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I didn't stop when I pulled trash from my 5 star crystals, why would I stop when I pull trash from 6 stars -_-

I do envy the guys that open 1 crystal and instantly win the game though. A trash 6 star will do literally nothing for your progression, and a Godtier 6 star will make all content in the game easy af for the upcoming months (or year) at least.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Kamala Khan is not bad if you have black bolt and stark in the team
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    LoPresti wrote: »
    I didn't stop when I pulled trash from my 5 star crystals, why would I stop when I pull trash from 6 stars -_-

I do envy the guys that open 1 crystal and instantly win the game though. A trash 6 star will do literally nothing for your progression, and a Godtier 6 star will make all content in the game easy af for the upcoming months (or year) at least.

It is of course better to be lucky than unlucky, but my experience with this game is that patience eventually catches up to luck. I haven't had especially good luck - or particularly disastrous luck - with crystal pulls, but over time I've built up a solid roster of almost all the good 4* champions, and I've started to build up my 5* roster (one great champ, a couple good ones, a lot of arena fodder). Eventually I will have a decent 5* roster and no matter what I pull in my first 6* crystal it will not permanently define my game play any more than my first 4* pull (Storm) or my first 5* pull (Captain Marvel) ultimately did.
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54
    If they have nothing but trash champs I’ll hold my shards. I’m betting they will.
  • No, that's the ugly 'beauty' of this game.
    Lol no, even if it was a trash 6*, its a 6*. Plus you'll get sympathy from all your ally mates when you pull someone like a 6*KK
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    At least it'd be better than some of the lower rank champions.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Haven't quite quit yet even when pulling lots of what people consider trash tier champions like spider gwen who I have pulled a 2*, 3*, 4* ( dupe), 5* versions of her.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if my first 6* turns out to be her, even as crappy as she is she will have crazy stats and she does hit farily hard.

If I quit it would be out of frustration due to the bugs and issues as opposed to who I get
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »

It is of course better to be lucky than unlucky, but my experience with this game is that patience eventually catches up to luck. I haven't had especially good luck - or particularly disastrous luck - with crystal pulls, but over time I've built up a solid roster of almost all the good 4* champions, and I've started to build up my 5* roster (one great champ, a couple good ones, a lot of arena fodder). Eventually I will have a decent 5* roster and no matter what I pull in my first 6* crystal it will not permanently define my game play any more than my first 4* pull (Storm) or my first 5* pull (Captain Marvel) ultimately did.

100% agree here - I am a whopping 1-11 on featured five star crystals. Fast forward to today (I no longer purchase feature five star crystals) but I have almost all of the original features I once spun for and did not get. Patience is key :-)
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I just painfully sold some of my 4* to get a 5*

So either way it's worth it for a 6* because they'll be equally powerful
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Affliction wrote: »
    23s8hoo0lp2l.png
    q44pu8obgniu.png
    Sometimes I feel like I already should....

Hey, you got Cyclops! Why u mad bro? Cyclops is effective!

Seriously tho, once LC gets buffed he’ll be pretty good