**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Changes to the Captain America champs.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    You won't take him to War because he takes Damage? I think you may be overdramatizing the whole situation. You lost a Fight. No Champ is capable of 0 Damage all the time. WW2 hasn't been altered since 12.0.1. I'm assuming you are just learning this since you recently Duped him. I would suggest someone else for Attack. WW2 is not the best choice.

WWII is a great choice for attack even in tier 2 AW. Have you even got a duped WWII cap at r4 or r5 ?

He's a better choice for Defense, IMO. To each his own.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Let me get this straight. Based on one Fight in AW, with amped Nodes, you've deduced that he has been nerfed silently? Conspiracy much?

Amped nodes are what are supposed to make WWII block better. He should take little to no damage while blocking against bossess and noded AW champs. That's what makes him good.
  • Options
    EckthroiEckthroi Posts: 57
    That's because this last update added back in things that had been set to "0" as a response to the boycott. Just sayin
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    He hasn't been changed since 12.0.1. As for preference, people can choose to use him for Attack or Defense. Personally, I use him for Defense. As for the BP, it's a chance. Not 100%. When you're dealing with the highest Tiers, it's going to be less likely that you have 0 Damage every Block. No Champ is capable of that. The RNG generates Abilities based on a percentage. That the harder the Fight, the less optimal conditions are generated. It's not that hard to understand. The game is designed to provide a challenge. The current system will not allow 100% of BP, and the higher you go, the less your Abilities perform at peak. That's my view. Feel free to agree or disagree. We all have our own.
  • Options
    Injuries_IrkedInjuries_Irked Posts: 41
    well, I still think he's working as intended. Last r4 5* dormammu I faced in war I was taking zero damage because of all the buffs. Yes on fights without buffed nodes he does take more damage while blocking, possibly due to challenge rating. Maybe adapt and change your game style a bit. Mix parry with intercepts. Also I only use him when facing Juggy and dorm.

• Options
    Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155

Quit spamming. Your first comment on this thread was great but down hill from there. Did you not read what dk wrote to you on the 5.2 thread?

Ww2 seems alright to me. Is he the same as pre 12.0 no but i just ran the middle in aw tier 2 e
    With him. Fought 2 agent venoms so i went eitg the block and evade their heavy. After 2 fights and eating a fair number of blocks he was still above 3/4 health.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ja55 wrote: »

Quit spamming. Your first comment on this thread was great but down hill from there. Did you not read what dk wrote to you on the 5.2 thread?

Ww2 seems alright to me. Is he the same as pre 12.0 no but i just ran the middle in aw tier 2 e
    With him. Fought 2 agent venoms so i went eitg the block and evade their heavy. After 2 fights and eating a fair number of blocks he was still above 3/4 health.

No I didn't read what DK wrote. If you have a link, I'd love to see it. As far as I saw, there was a screenshot with Font that wasn't the Moderator's. Mods don't take sides in conversations. If they have something to say, they don't call out Members publicly. They do it in a PM.
    For that matter, I am not spamming. I gave my thoughts on it. Participating in a conversation is not spam. If you're trying to make me a target, that's not happening in this Thread. Sorry.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    The problem here is that almost everyone here is confusing Block Proficiency (bp) with Perfect Block Chance (pb chance). They are not the same!
  • Options
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    The problem here is that almost everyone here is confusing Block Proficiency (bp) with Perfect Block Chance (pb chance). They are not the same!

Which is subject to DR. Also, as I mentioned, he will take damage in higher content. Has since 12.0.1 at least. I believe the issue is because he was expected to perform as he did pre-12.0.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    You won't take him to War because he takes Damage? I think you may be overdramatizing the whole situation. You lost a Fight. No Champ is capable of 0 Damage all the time. WW2 hasn't been altered since 12.0.1. I'm assuming you are just learning this since you recently Duped him. I would suggest someone else for Attack. WW2 is not the best choice.

WWII is a great choice for attack even in tier 2 AW. Have you even got a duped WWII cap at r4 or r5 ?

Hahaha hahaha are you serious, wow am sure you just take an opposing view on purpose, his moves are so predictable an easy to evade it's unreal, plus your wasting the best thing about him by putting him in defense.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

Which is subject to DR. Also, as I mentioned, he will take damage in higher content. Has since 12.0.1 at least. I believe the issue is because he was expected to perform as he did pre-12.0.

What is subject to DR? PB chance? Not it isn't
  • Options
    ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    WWII Caps Signature ability is Safe Guard. Which is a % chance to Perfectly Block Damage when opponent is under beneficial effects. DR is already effecting the pctg chance. It should not redefine Safe Guard or Perfect Block. Cap should have % chance to take 0 Dmg from a buffed opponent.
  • Options
    I stopped using my R5 Sig 99 Cap in AQ, because he was taking too much damage after 12.0. If his Sig Ability or his BP was not properly converted to the correct Flat Rate, then it should be corrected.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

No. Block Proficiency. You mentioned BP. PB Chance is a chance. Not a guarantee. The harder the content, the less chance your Abilities will perform the best.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Hahaha hahaha are you serious, wow am sure you just take an opposing view on purpose, his moves are so predictable an easy to evade it's unreal, plus your wasting the best thing about him by putting him in defense.

Listen, I use him for Defense. You can use him however you like. We don't have to agree. If I wanted to argue for no reason, I could find a more direct way. Thanks.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

No. Block Proficiency. You mentioned BP. PB Chance is a chance. Not a guarantee. The harder the content, the less chance your Abilities will perform the best.

uhh where did you get that from because it's not true. Content difficulty has no impact on abilities unless it's a special node effect.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Shrimkins wrote: »

uhh where did you get that from because it's not true. Content difficulty has no impact on abilities unless it's a special node effect.

Just an observation. Already stated that was my view. Take a Champ into different levels of Difficulty. Observe how optimal their Abilities perform. It's really apparent in higher content. Even in the Arena, there is less procurement in Medium-Hard Fights. For some reason, the probability (RNG) leans towards the lower side in harder areas. I'm guessing to present a challenge. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    My Question for anyone who is taking this seriously,
    Is Safeguard working as it is described? At Sig 99 there is a 51% chance that WWII will execute a Perfect Block on an attack when opponent is under a beneficial effect?

This chance already includes the DR effect.
    As for his Base BP%. I'm not sure how 85% became 74%. And if this rate is further effected by CR, That completely changes gameplay for Cap. I spent an entire 4th July Weekend 2015 to get him. I have been sharing my correspondence with Marvel Exec. Friends.
    They are already taking action against Kabam and Net Marble
  • Options
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    My Question for anyone who is taking this seriously,
    Is Safeguard working as it is described? At Sig 99 there is a 51% chance that WWII will execute a Perfect Block on an attack when opponent is under a beneficial effect?

This chance already includes the DR effect.
    As for his Base BP%. I'm not sure how 85% became 74%. And if this rate is further effected by CR, That completely changes gameplay for Cap. I spent an entire 4th July Weekend 2015 to get him. I have been sharing my correspondence with Marvel Exec. Friends.
    They are already taking action against Kabam and Net Marble

What action can they take? They reserve the right to alter their product. It's in the TOS. He hasn't been changed since 12.0.1. People were notified then.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    KABAM watches the champions usage stats very carefully. Any offensive champ that has too much success and gets used too much gets nerfed. Defensive champs make KABAM tons of cash so they usually aren't touched.....
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

Wow . I can't remember the last time I've seen him on defense. Wish more people used him there... I love freebies.
  • Options

Just an observation. Already stated that was my view. Take a Champ into different levels of Difficulty. Observe how optimal their Abilities perform. It's really apparent in higher content. Even in the Arena, there is less procurement in Medium-Hard Fights. For some reason, the probability (RNG) leans towards the lower side in harder areas. I'm guessing to present a challenge. Just my thoughts.

Which higher content are you basing thus off ??
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Again, this is not about Perfect Block. Many champs have a good chance to Perfect Block. We're talking about Block Proficiency. That's what Cap is known for. Not all champs can Perfect Block every attack, and Cap is supposed to still Block very effectively when Perfect Block doesn't trigger. With the Flat Rate system changing how things work, he no longer has that reliability. Now he's just another Daredevil: Perfect Block sometimes and SP moves that can inflict Stun. But he Stuns less often than DD and he has no Evade, so he's actually worse at this point, and DD isn't great to begin with.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

You can see it in Master, Bautista-like Quests, AQ, AW....anywhere the Difficulty is higher. Try it for yourself and see.
  • Options

You can see it in Master, Bautista-like Quests, AQ, AW....anywhere the Difficulty is higher. Try it for yourself and see.

Working great in tier 2 AW an act 5.2 for me
  • Options

Did you notice the amount of Abilities triggered in comparison to easier content, or were you not looking? Seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing to me.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Did you notice the amount of Abilities triggered in comparison to easier content, or were you not looking? Seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing to me.

There is no game mechanic that effects ability proc rate for different difficulties.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

There is no game mechanic that effects ability proc rate for different difficulties.

It's just what I've found. I'm not sure what the cause would be. I'm not interested in arguing about it endlessly. The harder the difficulty, the harder it is to generate peak Abilities. Other people may find different. That's fine. I would imagine CR could play a factor as well, so could Nodes. The harder the opponent, the less our Abilities perform optimally.