**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Version 17.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    I would like to know why my alliance Tier rating dropped from Tier 5 to Tier 6 on the update. From earlier thread discussions we have been lead to believe that our current alliance tier/rating would not be affected. This might be minor to some but not to me. Tier 5 put us at Challenger with a 4.0 multiplier. The upgrade downgraded us to hard at 3.4. I call bs on what we were lead to believe as the actual update based our placement on war rating only and disregarded the tier.

If we were good enough to be in tier 5 before the update it would certainly have been nice to know that the war ratings and the tier placement after the upgrade was only based on rating. What this means is you (kabam) changed the sliding scale on what a rating = tier means- you changed the dynamic and did not inform us the rating scale for tier placement was also changing- Bad form Kabam!

Also, the update changes all history data for previous wars- Tier 8 did not give 5star shards- Lame -as now all data is skewed.

Regards,

Backtothegrind

• Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I would like to know why my alliance Tier rating dropped from Tier 5 to Tier 6 on the update. From earlier thread discussions we have been lead to believe that our current alliance tier/rating would not be affected. This might be minor to some but not to me. Tier 5 put us at Challenger with a 4.0 multiplier. The upgrade downgraded us to hard at 3.4. I call bs on what we were lead to believe as the actual update based our placement on war rating only and disregarded the tier.

If we were good enough to be in tier 5 before the update it would certainly have been nice to know that the war ratings and the tier placement after the upgrade was only based on rating. What this means is you (kabam) changed the sliding scale on what a rating = tier means- you changed the dynamic and did not inform us the rating scale for tier placement was also changing- Bad form Kabam!

Also, the update changes all history data for previous wars- Tier 8 did not give 5star shards- Lame -as now all data is skewed.

Regards,

Backtothegrind

Mmm... didn't they announce that they were adding more tiers at the top and that would move people down?
    Or was that supposed to start with seasons and not just the update?
  • Options
    I was under the impression the tiers would remain the same regardless. The update changes the scale which is fine but the alliance tier placement should have stayed the same. After a few wars the scales would even out anyway.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I was under the impression the tiers would remain the same regardless. The update changes the scale which is fine but the alliance tier placement should have stayed the same. After a few wars the scales would even out anyway.

This is what the announcement said:

First off, we’ve broken up the top tier into 3 smaller tiers. Tier 1 will consist of the Top 0.1% of Alliances, while Tier 2 will consist of Alliances that rank in the top 0.2%-0.5%, and Tier 3 will consist of Alliances that place in the top 0.6%-1%.

So, if you log in on the first day of 17.0, and notice your Tier dropped, don’t worry! It’s just that there are now 2 more Tiers at the Top.
  • Options
    'log in on the first day of 17.0, and notice your Tier dropped, don’t worry! Really! Well, when your multiplier drops for the points system in the new war set up at the start -thats pretty lame.
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    My situation with Capt Marvel is that it costs me units and money. She is my best option against poison champions. I have her as a 5 star duped at rank 3. If I'm fighting a 15-20k poison champ and i need to fire off a sp2 to end a fight and that gets blocked, I'm koed. Most times opponent gets to a sp3 b/c i can't finish the fight when i need too.

knowing the situation, why are you firing off her sp2 after a combo?

you're the one costing yourself units and money.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Simply put, if they can't fix certain bugs, there needs to be some sort of compensation for anyone invested.

CM has been broken since launch, docketed to be fixed in May, 2017, but still no where in site. I would reckon since they can't even begin to tackle that problem, they should give a RDT for all those invested. Especially when they promised 8-9 months it would be fixed. Anyone who makes a promise to their customer base, should fulfill said promise, or be prepared to work with the customers to find an amicable resolution. It's very simple.

Pure Skill is another scenario, where many invested heavily, the game literally changed, and its now moot. They offered reimbursements of sorts for those with Willpower when they made the change, but failed to deliver on Pure Skill. Whats worse is they don't even know HOW they are going to fix it. Yet, much like CM, they fail to work with their customer base to find an amicable resolution.

CM was fixed. same with iron man's sp2 but now it's broken again as well.

the fixes were broken in, i believe, the 16.0 update. kabam seems to have an issue with version control. old bugs seem to have a habit of coming back like the evade+hit bug, the insane reaction time, dormammu's/maestro's super fast reaction/reach.
  • Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Finishing a Duel now takes you back to the main menu, rather than the player search screen. This is a step backwards that makes Duels more tedious than before. Previously, after a Duel ended you would go back to the Mail/Search screen, allowing you to search for a name again.
  • Options
    Qwerty wrote: »
    My situation with Capt Marvel is that it costs me units and money. She is my best option against poison champions. I have her as a 5 star duped at rank 3. If I'm fighting a 15-20k poison champ and i need to fire off a sp2 to end a fight and that gets blocked, I'm koed. Most times opponent gets to a sp3 b/c i can't finish the fight when i need too.

Like i wrote, If I need to end a fight and prevent opponent from reaching sp3, i have no choice but to fire the sp2 i even try ending combo with 3 hits, 4 hits and parry. It's gets blocked with 0 damage.

Unless you're using her on all or nothing nodes, they all seem like avoidable situations. Stop putting yourself in that situation and you'll stop costing yourself units and money.
  • Options
    S1N1STR3S1N1STR3 Posts: 53
    @Kabam Miike I don't have log in button activate. It's that for purpose?? kw3pqjorq7hm.png
  • Options
    S1N1STR3S1N1STR3 Posts: 53
    And I can't change language chat either
  • Options
    Have a bug when fighting with Angela ,she’s atacking very slow
  • Options
    Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    This new version of the game requires WiFi for me to play. Whenever I’m out of the house or office, I’m out of luck and can’t play. This is a HUGE problem for me. It’s the only issue I have with this update but it’s a big enough one to really piss me off. Get this fixed.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It seems like we are getting close to the point of another 12.0 situation.

Unlikely. In fact, and I mentioned this at the time, constantly comparing every single problem to 12.0 and calling for boycotts every time someone misses a parry has actually done so much damage to the whole idea of organizing a protest against something like 12.0 that I don't think you could ever do it again. I don't believe enough players take those comments seriously anymore, because they've been turned into white noise.

I was pointing out that the problems have reached a point where we no longer discuss new features but instead of keep going on about the problems that it should be concerning. Outside of the forums, there's a growing unrest that is echoing the unrest that happened then.
  • Options

Like i wrote, If I need to end a fight and prevent opponent from reaching sp3, i have no choice but to fire the sp2 i even try ending combo with 3 hits, 4 hits and parry. It's gets blocked with 0 damage.

Unless you're using her on all or nothing nodes, they all seem like avoidable situations. Stop putting yourself in that situation and you'll stop costing yourself units and money.

I was in all or nothing nodes lol

well then. carry on.
  • Options

Unlikely. In fact, and I mentioned this at the time, constantly comparing every single problem to 12.0 and calling for boycotts every time someone misses a parry has actually done so much damage to the whole idea of organizing a protest against something like 12.0 that I don't think you could ever do it again. I don't believe enough players take those comments seriously anymore, because they've been turned into white noise.

I was pointing out that the problems have reached a point where we no longer discuss new features but instead of keep going on about the problems that it should be concerning. Outside of the forums, there's a growing unrest that is echoing the unrest that happened then.

Among a tiny minority of players that is not drawing the attention or concern of the vast majority of players, unlike in 12.0.
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    This new update has brought more bugs, like with almost every other update...

Parry is working minimally; it’s either a hit or a miss. And there seems to be a major problem with intercepting. Wth is going on??? Can we please get an answer on this, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious?

Thanks
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Among a tiny minority of players that is not drawing the attention or concern of the vast majority of players, unlike in 12.0.

I'm with you on this. I think 12.0 has been cited so many times, with every issue that comes up, that it's no longer really significant. Nor could it really be applied to anything since, in my mind.
  • Options
    Rayjav3211Rayjav3211 Posts: 2
    I hate the new update I can’t even play the game without Wifi
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

I want to let you all know that we have a new update coming soon that will fix some of the issues that some of you have been encountering since the 17.0 Update. This includes a fix for the issue where players were not able to connect on their Cellular Network, and for the issues with Angela's animations being out of sync.

I don't have an exact timeline on when this new update will be available, but will update you all as soon as I have more information.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Hey everybody,

I want to let you all know that we have a new update coming soon that will fix some of the issues that some of you have been encountering since the 17.0 Update. This includes a fix for the issue where players were not able to connect on their Cellular Network, and for the issues with Angela's animations being out of sync.

I don't have an exact timeline on when this new update will be available, but will update you all as soon as I have more information.

What about duels taking us back to the main screen now instead of the player select screen, missing % completed in AW and the champions has stopped running message that pops up all the time when I'm not even running the app?
  • Options
    ScoceScoce Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike Still not even an acknowledgement of the Quake bug/nerf on aftershock damage.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    So lunar new year event??
  • Options
    I’m not happy at all with the pool of 6* champion. It takes so long to collect 10k 6* that It’s disappointing to see that choices are either useless until duplicated or downright undesirable 😡.
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Intercepting with champs are not working 100%, across the entire platform. Parry is either a hit or a miss. Evade but is back, but minimally. OG Vision's sig ability is not working at all. Doctor Voodoo's sp2 is not 100% properly working (power burn/power drain). Magik's sp2 is not 100% performing power lock. AA's NT's are not working against a player with suicides anymore.

Why is there not any word what-so-ever from a Kabam mod pertaining to this?