My personal thought on Trial Of The Heart Master mode

MasterTroller42MasterTroller42 Member Posts: 624 ★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
it is nearly impossible to do without gully, CW, or any heal block champs. My friends dared me to do it without one. My opponents were Ultron, x23, and red deadpool. Ultron was a piece of cake, just parry. x23 was alright, killed my ultron. But here comes RED deadpool. he heals 300 health per tic and lasts FOREVER. thats not counting that darn arc overload as well( which heals 1000 health per tic for like 5 secs). heres a pic of my taking down deadpool without a heal block champ: 1920x1080.png.47c218747e3c4fb0b29fa10ad09f838a.large

really? 200 hits? Also not to mention this was my 3rd attempt. I managed to get him down to 30% but his sig ability bought him back to 70%. so what im saying is, no matter what, bring a HEAL BLOCK champ, unless u like to do long fights. what are your thoughts? let me know

Comments

• JC_JC_ Member Posts: 517 ★★★
    Agreed, and unfortunately I haven’t been able to pull a heal block champ. I put 432 hits on King Groot yesterday to bring him down. :-(
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,427 Guardian
    it is nearly impossible to do without gully, CW, or any heal block champs.

I did the second trial of the heart with Voodoo, Gwenpool, and Stark Spiderman. I also drew Ultron, X-23, and Red Deadpool. Gwenpool can outdamage deadpool. Get to SP3 and land the armor break, then get to SP2 and land the enervate, and then go nuts trying to keep the bleeds up which will keep him enervated (no power when you attack) and armor broken and the bleeds alone will kill him.

Sparky was good for Ultron and Voodoo was good for X-23.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Isn't that the point of Master difficulty though? Why does every challenge have to be beatable by any smuck with a Spidergwen and Khan?

The only time I get upset over who to bring is if there is literally one or two specialty options (i.e. Iceman vs Mephisto).

In the case of the BP daily events, there are specific skills that certainly make some of the buffs easier to deal with, but as have been pointed out in multiple threads, is addressed by multiple available options.
  • ScottryanScottryan Member Posts: 475 ★★★
    it is nearly impossible to do without gully, CW, or any heal block champs. My friends dared me to do it without one. My opponents were Ultron, x23, and red deadpool. Ultron was a piece of cake, just parry. x23 was alright, killed my ultron. But here comes RED deadpool. he heals 300 health per tic and lasts FOREVER. thats not counting that darn arc overload as well( which heals 1000 health per tic for like 5 secs). heres a pic of my taking down deadpool without a heal block champ: 1920x1080.png.47c218747e3c4fb0b29fa10ad09f838a.large

really? 200 hits? Also not to mention this was my 3rd attempt. I managed to get him down to 30% but his sig ability bought him back to 70%. so what im saying is, no matter what, bring a HEAL BLOCK champ, unless u like to do long fights. what are your thoughts? let me know

GR has heal block. The degen on his l3 will heal block and power lock as secondary effects
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,993 ★★★★★
    I lucked out by getting voodoo, wolvy and cable.

AA wrecked all except cable (got degen to death) but Quake finished him off. Just ignore the overload the first time and time the concussion for the start of the next overload timer, get 17 stacks on board, rinse and repeat.
  • OmniOmni Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    It’s honesty not that bad...I wasn’t paying attention and queues up with 5/50s and was fine. I beat the regening Deadpool with 52 hit combo from sl.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Member Posts: 881 ★★★
    It can be done with enough damage output or Neurotoxins.

Maybe you should max despair?
  • BahamutBahamut Member Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I did it with Quake, Wolverine, SW, Medusa and GP. It can be done. My problem isn’t the Regen per say, but the AI is super defensive and Arc Overload definitely doesn’t help
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    keep deadpool at low power so he regens less, also props to you guys for reading the nodes i'm usually too lazy
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 485 ★★★
    SW will nullify the heal and power steal which will keep DP regen low.

SL with his damage will over power the heal

Magik can keep his power locked at 0 to prevent most of his healing

You don't necessarily need a heal block champ
    Scottryan wrote: »
    GR has heal block.

You know, I didn't even notice that in the OP's picture. Yes, Ghost Rider is in fact a heal block champ. And if you play him correctly (i.e. stacking all the other judgments first), that SP3 power/heal block can last a very long time. So the OP actually took a heal block champ to fight Deadpool and didn't notice GR was heal blocking. Kinda makes me wonder now if the OP understands how to use Ghost Rider's specials and judgments and if SP3 was ever even used in the fight. A lot of people don't know how to play Ghost Rider for best results.

SP1 also fate seals, which means there are two separate windows of basically not having heals working in the fight, if they were used in the right order. Ghost Rider is actually a decent option for day one, I just haven't gotten around to using him yet because frankly there are so many good options on the table.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Medusa overpowers redpool's regen as well. No synergies needed
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Member Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    @Dropfaith

Using a R4 5* with class advantage to beat Ultron is far from impressive and doesn't help anything.

With that said there are definitely other options people could have used to beat the champs in today's quest. I personally used SW and Guillotine, but I could have used others if necessary.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    I haven't used any heal block champs unless you count the possible SL L2 and haven't had issues.
  • PermsiesPermsies Member Posts: 5
    I've got a5*Hulk at rank 4 and I just spammed his l2 at around 20k to 35k a try and that seemed to overcome the regen.

Two fold here tho. 1, yes if you Don't have the champ to complete something then you cant complete it then it's very frustrating.

But..... the game is a grind. I haven't competed some events but others i did because I had the right champs. Wish I had mymajik maxed In the David barista event. I woulda killed it.

Just go with the flow and have fun
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    My sympathies to the OP. These trials are tough on mid-ranking players; but that's okay - in fact it's the entire point!

I got through the Trials of the Heart last week and thought I had it tough with getting past Green Goblin. This week I got King Groot. Who had two methods of healing even before getting his arc overloads; so there were times he had three stacks of regeneration going. Oh, and let's not forget, he can shrug off heal block!

Add to that my only good heal block champs are Vision and Civil Warrior, both with class disadvantage...

If I'd brought Juggernaut, he might have worked via Stagger; but I'd chosen to bring Guillotine; who couldn't inflict enough damage to retain enough souls to have more than one shot at her SP2. It didn't take him down, so in the end, it was game over.

Still, one week out of two isn't so bad. Personally, I'm happy enough to try, and fail. The game would be boring if it was easy.
  • dkatryldkatryl Member Posts: 672 ★★★
    GR can completely destroy any Trial of the Heart champ that relies on buffs, including the arc reactor, by using his SP1 and SP3 to fate seal them.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    5 star 4/55 SL sig 151 worked just fine for me. B)
  • Dynax_The_Great1Dynax_The_Great1 Member Posts: 26
    All kinds of champs that can do this. Starlord, stark spidey, magik, dr.voodoo dr.strange hood, dormamamamanu.
    List goes on...
  • RocerRocer Member Posts: 3
    I did it with AA, and Hyperion (keep using his SP1) not hard at all.
  • imnooneimnoone Member Posts: 316 ★★
    AA
    Gully
    SL
    GwenPool
    GR
    Vision
    Starky
    Drax
    Dr Voodoo
    SW
    Hood
    and a few more ...

There are plenty of option to choose from who can either heal block or out damage the heal without any problem.
    And if you say you don't have any of them, than my friend you're not ready to that level of difficulty.
    Also, A single 200+ hit fight isn't all that terrible for 300 5* shards is it? to put that in perspective, 1.7mil+ score in basic 4* arena would give you 300 5* shard. Don't be too lazy man, just put big boy pants on and fight.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Member Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    No sympathy here.

Claims to have beaten it without heal block champs.

Posts a pic with GR against the boss.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    GR is one champ in the game who can get rid of the Arc overload PERMANENTLY. (SP3 just before Arc overload kicks in)

This fight should have been over long time ago. I did the same fight on Expert level last week - 4* Rank 4 GR vs Red Deadpool.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Member Posts: 166
    To OP I made a 2 minute video on what GR actually can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFga7yZkBEc Hopefully it helps you to understand him better as you have one of the best champs already available.

Besides not all content should be easily overcome by everyone. People need to accept sometimes that an event is to hard for them at this time and they need to grow their roster for the next challenge. Eventually you get to the point that even lets say expert is not challenging at all.

P.S. your name says mastertroller and you have trolled us all ;)?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,993 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    My boy copped gg and while he did bring a 5* R2 guilly the main problem was goblin spamming SP1 which feels like it takes about 3 months to get through the animation, plus the length of the cooldown means the timing needs to be impeccable to get the SP2 to stick, hence souls expiring.

After 3 revives that cost paid for units I explained to him using the immortal words of a great philosopher:

You gotta know when to fold 'em.

• SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Member Posts: 293
    YONDU has heal block with his SP1 as well.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Member Posts: 293
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Nearly impossible ypmdgrjzx1tbp.png
    you say
    Tell me more

was ultron the final boss? also not everyone has a duped r4 (r5) 5* hela

OP, don't feel bad. It is difficult and you have a right to vent. This is what you can expect from forums. You post a comment or question and what do you get? Mostly people that have been playing from day 1 and spending thousands telling you that they can't relate to your struggles, you're not good enough, to stop complaining, or that you didn't word your question properly. If you're lucky you'll get a few constructive suggestions sprinkled in. For example, if people could suggest heal block champs or other champs for that challenge (which some did) that would be constructive and helpful. Other than that people should keep their opinions to themselves. Yes, people have a right to disagree, I just don't see the reason. If you think he's weak or complaining you are simply on a different level and your opinion is irrelevant to the conversation. But everyone wants to have an opinion and be heard and try to be relevant. I would suggest trying Yondu (IDK if anyone has yet). He has heal block and bleed and a class advantage over mutants. Hopefully you have him! Good luck!
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Nearly impossible ypmdgrjzx1tbp.png
    you say
    Tell me more

was ultron the final boss? also not everyone has a duped r4 (r5) 5* hela

OP, don't feel bad. It is difficult and you have a right to vent. This is what you can expect from forums. You post a comment or question and what do you get? Mostly people that have been playing from day 1 and spending thousands telling you that they can't relate to your struggles, you're not good enough, to stop complaining, or that you didn't word your question properly. If you're lucky you'll get a few constructive suggestions sprinkled in.

In general, I have a lot of sympathy for people legitimately asking for help and run into wisecrackers. However, if you express a strong point of view, you should expect the same sent back to you. The OP didn't ask for help. The OP made a judgment, and explicitly asked people to respond to that judgment. Under those circumstances, you should expect to get back even stronger judgments in response.

If you feel people have a "right" to vent and everyone else is supposed to validate and comfort them, I don't think your expectations are realistic for a public discussion group.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    5 star 4/55 SL sig 151 worked just fine for me. B)

You didn't rank yours down?? haha
  • JakearoundJakearound Member Posts: 422 ★★★
    I don’t know what the problem is I’ve been doing it with R4 5* Drax with a Crit team. Crit team is either SL, 4* Nebula, 5* Nebula, Ronan or the Mutant team Red Mags, Wolvie, Iceman, Red Clops. I do the thing with Drax without losing more than half health.

I’ve fought IP, GG, King Groot, Voodoo, SIM