5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

14243444547

Comments

  • CFreeCFree Posts: 470 ★★
    You don’t know that kabam won’t change it. You are saying something with absolute certainty that you couldn’t possibly know. You’re either assuming or lying. Again, I’ll mention the arena update that kabam didn’t do because of a week of complaints on forum.

    Your correct mate, I dont know, its just my opinion. But I am pretty certain about this one, and you are as well really arent you?

    Plus every post you post yourself (the same as we all do) you state it as if it is fact, when its just your opinion, You keep saying this is a bad change, that we all dont like it or want it, that it will have a bad affect on the game for us etc. These are your opinions, not facts

    Point to where I said that we all hate it. Or that it will affect the game negatively.

    You said, just 2 posts above:

    Well it's a fact that more people hate the idea than like or love it

    You even said it was a fact, when it clearly isnt, it is your opinion only

    Since when are these two statements the same?

    1) we all hate it
    2) more people hate it than love it

    Out of Everyone I know in the game, upwards of 1000 people (I’m in a line chat with my alliance’s family of alliances) the vast majority dislike it. Using that sample of variously rated players. Some with 4-40s some with rank 5 5*. The largely vast majority hate it. Meaning that to me, it is a fact that more hate it than love it.

    Stating as a FACT that more people dislike it than like it is just wrong mate. It is your point of view, not mine or others at all. Plus I have already explained that we all look for people who share our opinions, it is a common thing to do. It doesnt make it a fact in any way, it just means you say it is! Doesn't make the opinion the right one

    Out of the 500+ people I know in game I would say the split is:

    30% hate it
    20% like it
    50% wait to see what happens

    Does that make my opinion now a fact?

    It is my point of view, and from a statistical standpoint it is 99% of others as well. We did a poll in our chat and 970 of the 1100 people in the chat voted that they disliked it. Companies use data like that to get “facts” about their general market every day.

    The odds that the data from that poll is accurate is very high. As I said before, a huge range of progress of each account. So it is very like the population.

    Possibly the stupidest thing I’ve read today.

  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 748 ★★★★
    If new champs (as 5*) will only be available in GMC's, it's only fair we are also given the option to grind for them. I don't mind putting 20 mil for a 5* IF I so deem it worthy.

    However, 20 mil for a 4* in arena is horrible. Now, I know, I know, I CHOOSE to do this, like many others, but I would rather do the same amount of points for a 5*. Before, I could save my 5* shards and have a slim chance for a nice new champ. Now with this I have to wait 3 months for a new one?

    5* arena, revamped 3 day quest rewards, revamped milestone rewards in arena and GM crsytal shards. It seems the more the game advances, the more the majority stay behind. We only ask for a fair chance.

    5* arenas is part of the balance, if I'm not willing to pay for crystals, then you should be able to have the option to pay with time.

    PS: I hope you understand that a 5* arena needs to include 4*. If it's only 5* and 6* then only those who refresh will get to score in it, which would defeat the purpose of having the arena in the first place.
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Whole heartily agree. There needs to be more than one option (GMC after 2/13) for getting feature 5*s when they release!
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    If new champs (as 5*) will only be available in GMC's, it's only fair we are also given the option to grind for them. I don't mind putting 20 mil for a 5* IF I so deem it worthy.

    However, 20 mil for a 4* in arena is horrible. Now, I know, I know, I CHOOSE to do this, like many others, but I would rather do the same amount of points for a 5*. Before, I could save my 5* shards and have a slim chance for a nice new champ. Now with this I have to wait 3 months for a new one?

    5* arena, revamped 3 day quest rewards, revamped milestone rewards in arena and GM crsytal shards. It seems the more the game advances, the more the majority stay behind. We only ask for a fair chance.

    5* arenas is part of the balance, if I'm not willing to pay for crystals, then you should be able to have the option to pay with time.

    PS: I hope you understand that a 5* arena needs to include 4*. If it's only 5* and 6* then only those who refresh will get to score in it, which would defeat the purpose of having the arena in the first place.
  • Its better that now the 6* is released kabam will make the 5* crystal to 5thousand shards only if the 3* and 4* crystal are 2thousand shards what if kabam make the 5* crystal to 5 thousands shards so that the 10k shards now will be the 6* what do you think guys?
  • Axo4545Axo4545 Posts: 198
    BrutalMira wrote: »
    Its better that now the 6* is released kabam will make the 5* crystal to 5thousand shards only if the 3* and 4* crystal are 2thousand shards what if kabam make the 5* crystal to 5 thousands shards so that the 10k shards now will be the 6* what do you think guys?

    They already said they are not changing to cost of 5* crystals. They will stay at 10 thousand shards.
  • As I have entirely caught up from the beginning of this thread, until this very point; I have a lot of questions & assumptions pertaining to this displeasing idea.


    What was the real reason this idea came into play? Was it because of Apple's new mandate that all loot box percentages have to be revealed? Is it because that on the servers end, the percentage rates can be manipulated? Of course you guys are going to deny everything asked, but we know all about the shady practices of major companies - in general - when it comes to making more money.

    The featured system in play right now has a general 25% drop rate for said featured champ. At least, that's what was told to us from Kabam's end. New system would have less than that, & all drops would be created equal. Ummmm, sorry, but no one wants this! We didn't ask for it.

    Now, we are being forced, yes, "FORCED", to spend on the featured GM crystals, in order to try & get lucky on a featured champ. Are those drop rates for those crystals going to be released? Those crystals suck! And like almost everyone else has stated in this thread, or those who've spent on said crystals, the drop rates are horrendous. I should know, as I have opened many of them too.

    The 300 unit GM featured crystals should at least have a guarantee for the featured 5* champ. For example, the way Kabam did it in their Chinese MCOC version, before it flopped... For every 20 crystals you open, you are guaranteed to get the main 5* featured champ. This would actually entice players to spend more too, in order on duping them for a high sig. I mean, it's really not that bad of an idea. We need some kind of balance with this new change. It's either that, or increase & reveal the drop rates for FGMC's.


  • buttersbutters Posts: 91
    Since Gladiator Hulk is the final Featured on the old system, will he have a rerun on his crystal on Sunday or not?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,217 Guardian
    edited February 2018
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    What was the real reason this idea came into play? Was it because of Apple's new mandate that all loot box percentages have to be revealed? Is it because that on the servers end, the percentage rates can be manipulated?

    Nope. A large part of the general disapproval of the change is predicated on the notion that we all actually know what the drop odds were for the current featured crystal. We have enough data to know that a) the drop odds are pretty close to the general player guestimates and b) they aren't manipulated in any significant fashion that can be detected.

    They could hypothetically be manipulating the odds in a manner too small to detect, but given the large amount of data we have on featured 5* drops any manipulation too small to detect would also be too small to affect anyone in any material fashion. Accusing Kabam of doing that is ludicrous.

    Also, this notion that "oh, since it happens on the servers it can be manipulated" is dumb. Any game company that isn't completely [removed by moderator] is going to implement loot boxes server-side explicitly so they *cannot* be manipulated. Implementing them client-side exposes a game to the kind of cheating that destroys a game very fast.

    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    What was the real reason this idea came into play? Was it because of Apple's new mandate that all loot box percentages have to be revealed? Is it because that on the servers end, the percentage rates can be manipulated?

    Nope. A large part of the general disapproval of the change is predicated on the notion that we all actually know what the drop odds were for the current featured crystal. We have enough data to know that a) the drop odds are pretty close to the general player guestimates and b) they aren't manipulated in any significant fashion that can be detected.

    They could hypothetically be manipulating the odds in a manner too small to detect, but given the large amount of data we have on featured 5* drops any manipulation too small to detect would also be too small to affect anyone in any material fashion. Accusing Kabam of doing that is ludicrous.

    Also, this notion that "oh, since it happens on the servers it can be manipulated" is dumb. Any game company that isn't completely [removed by moderator] is going to implement loot boxes server-side explicitly so they *cannot* be manipulated. Implementing them client-side exposes a game to the kind of cheating that destroys a game very fast.

    I don't think Sith was coming flat out to say that they are manipulating drop rates. I feel he was kind of using something from somewhere as an example. There are definitely game companies out there that do 100% manipulate their drop rates. Can be the cause here, or not, but I'm definitely not accusing Kabam for doing such...

    I think he was implying it, but that is neither here nor there because I didn't claim he was either. He posed a question, to which I provided a response. He asked if either a disclosure requirement or odds manipulation could be the reason for the crystal change, to which my response is that seems extremely unlikely, because any manipulation that could escape detection wouldn't affect the odds disclosure in any meaningful way and because the odds disclosure itself would be unlikely to have a major impact because we already have a decent estimation of the odds. Neither his question nor my response requires the assumption that Sith was making a specific accusation of any kind.

    Also, as an aside, it is possible for the crystal rolls to occur on the game client and still be subject to manipulation by the game in ways that would likely escape detection by game client deconstructors. The problem is that it would also be vulnerable to manipulation by particularly adept modders. The concept of randomization in a decentralized game is something I've put significant thought into for about eight years now.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    What was the real reason this idea came into play? Was it because of Apple's new mandate that all loot box percentages have to be revealed? Is it because that on the servers end, the percentage rates can be manipulated?

    Nope. A large part of the general disapproval of the change is predicated on the notion that we all actually know what the drop odds were for the current featured crystal. We have enough data to know that a) the drop odds are pretty close to the general player guestimates and b) they aren't manipulated in any significant fashion that can be detected.

    They could hypothetically be manipulating the odds in a manner too small to detect, but given the large amount of data we have on featured 5* drops any manipulation too small to detect would also be too small to affect anyone in any material fashion. Accusing Kabam of doing that is ludicrous.

    Also, this notion that "oh, since it happens on the servers it can be manipulated" is dumb. Any game company that isn't completely [removed by moderator] is going to implement loot boxes server-side explicitly so they *cannot* be manipulated. Implementing them client-side exposes a game to the kind of cheating that destroys a game very fast.



    I don't think Sith was coming flat out to say that they are manipulating drop rates. I feel he was kind of using something from somewhere as an example. There are definitely game companies out there that do 100% manipulate their drop rates. Can be the cause here, or not, but I'm definitely not accusing Kabam for doing such...



    Nope, I wasn't at all. It was strictly a rhetorical question. I cannot accuse something of that nature without having solidified proof, as well.
  • Will there be a dedicated thread showing the pool of champs in each new featured crystal? I know it has been posted a few times for the first crystal but quite honestly this thread is a train wreck and I have a tough time finding the posts.
  • So... we will have no more chances to get a 5* with the featured crystals, but if we get at least three or more 6* we can play the arena, do around 30 mill and hope to seize the new 5*s there. Nice move Kaboom.
  • So... we will have no more chances to get a 5* with the featured crystals, but if we get at least three or more 6* we can play the arena, do around 30 mill and hope to seize the new 5*s there. Nice move Kaboom.

    I don't know about you, but if I want a specific 5* champion I'm going to shoot for them in the new featured crystals and not the new 5* arena. So maybe you will have no more chances, but I will.
  • Jason291134Jason291134 Posts: 9
    So now that we’ve established the basic pool for the new 5* feature crystal is sup par to say the least, when will the next feature crystal come out and when will the list of basic champs for that crystal he announced?
  • So now that we’ve established the basic pool for the new 5* feature crystal is sup par to say the least, when will the next feature crystal come out and when will the list of basic champs for that crystal he announced?

    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the next featured crystal and its contents is unlikely to be announced before the first one actually appears in the game.
  • Do I still have a chance to get venom or any symbiotes?
  • Ace_03 wrote: »
    If new champs (as 5*) will only be available in GMC's, it's only fair we are also given the option to grind for them. I don't mind putting 20 mil for a 5* IF I so deem it worthy.

    However, 20 mil for a 4* in arena is horrible. Now, I know, I know, I CHOOSE to do this, like many others, but I would rather do the same amount of points for a 5*. Before, I could save my 5* shards and have a slim chance for a nice new champ. Now with this I have to wait 3 months for a new one?

    5* arena, revamped 3 day quest rewards, revamped milestone rewards in arena and GM crsytal shards. It seems the more the game advances, the more the majority stay behind. We only ask for a fair chance.

    5* arenas is part of the balance, if I'm not willing to pay for crystals, then you should be able to have the option to pay with time.

    PS: I hope you understand that a 5* arena needs to include 4*. If it's only 5* and 6* then only those who refresh will get to score in it, which would defeat the purpose of having the arena in the first place.




    This is 100% spot on!
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    When will the list of the other 18 champs in the crystal be released?
  • Jason291134Jason291134 Posts: 9
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    So now that we’ve established the basic pool for the new 5* feature crystal is sup par to say the least, when will the next feature crystal come out and when will the list of basic champs for that crystal he announced?

    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the next featured crystal and its contents is unlikely to be announced before the first one actually appears in the game.

    I wasn’t asking for the contents of the next crystal. I was asking when they will announce the contents of the next crystal. Will it be in a month? Two months? The week before it comes out? Just curious how long we have to wait.
  • ballpointkenballpointken Posts: 147
    So it's February 25, the Blade crystals have been out for 3 days, and there is a Hela featured crystal with 1 day and 18 hours left. Does this mean there will be more featured crystals? Or at least until the end of the Blade feature? Or was this a mistake? I have no idea what's going on.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Is there going to be an update on the new 18 trash champs?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,434 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Is there going to be an update on the new 18 trash champs?

    They said it would change every 3 months, so I would guess May13th-ish
  • TRETRE Posts: 51
    When can we expect an announcement of which champions will be in the next Feature Crystal?

    Thanks!
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 591 ★★
    It is an improvement over the last featured Crystal. But I still will NOT go for it.
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    TRE wrote: »
    When can we expect an announcement of which champions will be in the next Feature Crystal?

    Thanks!

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/66112/5-star-featured-hero-crystal-may-8th-2018#latest
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 50
    So, if I'm understanding correctly, this update increases the timeframe the new champs will be available for but decreases your chances of getting the champ you want.
    Sounds to me like the only winners here are kabam.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,882 ★★★★★
    Coming to the end of the first feature crystal, I think the majority of people will agree with me here when I say 3 months is waaayyyyy too long for a crystal to stick around. Seeing 50+ days on the timer waiting for the next one is so demoralising. I love the announcement of the pool and I think it’s surprisingly good with a few Demi god tier champs, plus (depending on who you ask) 1 or 2 god tier.

    The thing is, like I said before the feature crystals are here too long. So, that’s my feedback. My suggestion to improve is slightly change them. I’m not saying take them back to before where they’re focussed on one champ. But I do have 2 ideas.

    1) alter the timescale so they refresh every month and a half.

    Then, split the 24 champs chosen for it into groups of 2, 12 champs in each crystal. 3 featured champs and 9 basic. There are the same odds for featured:basic champ but the time is so much shorter.

    2) a crystal that changed every month and still had 24 champs in it, just that there were 24 new champions in the crystal each month. Keep the 6 feature champs the same, just switch out the 18 basic champions. Then, after 3 months of it with 3 lots of 18 basic champs, switch out the 6 feature for the next champs that had been released.



    Either of these options are, in my opinion, vastly better than “here’s your feature crystal for the next 3 months, if you don’t like it, then tough.”
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,769 ★★★★★
    Significant improvement over the current featured crystal. Will give me a chance to dupe Crossbones (r4), Rogue/Gladiator Hulk/Luke Cage (r3), Guillotine/Yondu (r2), and other less desirable champs. An increased chance to pull Morningstar/Killmonger/Bishop/Sabretooth/Sentinel/Proxima Midnight is also a plus.

    1/24 chance is worth an extra 5K shards compared to 1/100+ chance.
Sign In or Register to comment.