**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

It's gone too far.

Hello,

I am not one to post and I'm not one to whine about this or that and despite me playing for a long time, you can search the forums and verify that.

Unavoidable damage is the game that is single handedly killing this game. New players will not accept losing to Electro or Magic when they have played perfectly and die with 0 hits taken.

They shouldn't either. That's not a game, it's a blatant cash grab. This is something that should of been fixed months or years ago but you just keep doubling down and use the excuse of there is a champion who can counteract that effect.

After spending more than 100k in 5 star shards and never getting better than a King Groot I'm here to tell you, it's not working for the majority of the player base.

I am saying specifically, the Gladiater Hulk you have in uncollected is NOT just able to bypass block, he is bypassing swipe backs and dexterity as well. It's not ok, it is not mentioned and it's a unit grab. I have played this game along time and I'm sick of this behavior, it's beneath you.

If evade doesn't work, you need to say so and not sneak it in there. Until it's fixed and my items have been returned. No longer playing.

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Electro is not unavoidable with the right champion. And some champions shrug off debuffs sooner than others. I understand your point of view as I dumbly died many times from degen or limbo. But this is where the strategy comes in.

The reason they are not taking it seriously is because we have champions that actually can overcome these things. I still use 4 star Black widow against Electro in Act 5.

Now a lot of people have Blade, who can shrug off degen very fast. I am using a 4 star Blade.

Of course the fights are longer because it's not a 5 star+. But there are work arounds to unavoidable damage. (I do not have a decent Mephisto, so I cannot really do anything against Coldsnap, except when using Blade).

Now about evades and blocks not working. Sometimes it depends on the nodes. Some buffs on the opponent ignore armor and evades. Other times there is no reason why an evade, dexterity or just blocking doesn't work, except for stats (the attack being way too much for your block).

I was doing 5.3.6 the other day, and there is an Iceman there that would catch me on his specials every time, even when evading with dexterity. The only reason I could think of was that I was using non-science Champions, and the global node there lowers attack on all champion classes but science. One thing shouldn't have anything to do with the other, but then I went in with Hulk and he was able to evade correctly all his attacks.

So, also check the stats on the champions you are using, some heavy hitters do not have good armor and it will affect how long you last in a quest.

Also, was recently said in the forums by moderators, that heavies can sometimes stretch to get to you, so a simple hit can make it from one extreme to another. You need to swipe back just when the opponent is about to hit you in order for the AI to not calculate where you will be. I found this very annoying against Uncollected Killmonger SP1. But still happens to me against Beast.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Magik*
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    I agree @Ghriffin . It just.gets worse and worse. I
    It’s completely pay to win.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Plenty of ways to play around “unavoidable damage”

for example?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

for example?

Blade
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

for example?
    Don't get hit, bring a Champ to counter, bring a Champ that can Regen and withstand it, Evade......
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

for example?

Electro = Crossbones, Black Widow, Wolverine, Rogue, Ghost Rider, Archangel, Gwenpool, Blade, Hyperion, X-23...

Magik = Magik, Vision, Crossbones (outside AW), Gwenpool, Blade, Dr. Voodoo, Black Widow, X-23...

Dormammu = Magik, Blade, Wolverine, Rogue, Ghost Rider, Hyperion, Crossbones (outside AW), Black Widow, X-23...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I have that same feeling when i get hit by a degen attack and guess what! it is unlockable! No way to avoid this one cause "Ha! Perfect block doesn't work!" And your champ just withers...that is an obvious "grab" as you say. But here is something else I do not understand...months ago they came to us and said, "gee guys! We gotta dumb down Thor, and BW, and SW and blah blah blah because they are too over powered!" And they dumbed em down...but then comes the iceman, and AA and blade and I am like scratching my head and wondering why the guys we had already had to be dumbed down? so guys coming later could be better? We got the shaft on that deal! And what of "balance" And "No go to champs or teams!" Same as it ever was...same routine different go to champs.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    This is why Kabam creates champions like Blade. Kabam is not going to re-design all of those champions with unavoidable damage. That's way too much work and design that would make little sense at this point, and they've learned that if they nerf/change a good champion in any way, there will be whiners and complainers galore. Instead, why not create a champion that will counter those previous BS champs that will generate a spending frenzy to acquire.

Plus, the fighting mechanics in this game are quite basic and easy to "master". This is good for newer players to understand how to play quickly, but presents a problem to veteran players to be continually challenging. I think Kabam lately has done a great job in adding new complexities/difficulties in fighting style without going over the top crazy. I can see how players would think these new mechanics such as Medusa's autoblock and Modok's shield have gone too far, but the truth is they are healthy additions to the longevity of the game. At this moment, there isn't any over-the-top OPness defender that can't be beaten with the right champ/fight style (except 5.2 Collector but that's okay).
  • CR7gouravCR7gourav Posts: 52

for example?

aa, cb, bw, falcon,av, blade, wolvi, x23, rogue, ability reduction champs can work too(any champ for magik, whn she reaches l1 she will proc limbo, don't hit and bait.. repeat.. minimal limbo damage if any..) Remember the spiked armor punisher in RTTL 4.6, it can be soloed with 4* r5 wolvi if you know how to fully dex his l1.

The only BS unavoidable damage i thought was icephoenix coz either you need 5* r4 above champs with lots of health pool as it was heal block node so you can't regen too or shruggers like rogue, av, (blade wasn't very effective) but such fights were long and will often kill you from block damage, no matter how great player you are sometimes you need to block... d only workaround i could find without using items was capww2 as he took no block damage so could control the pace of the fight.

so we do have workarounds against seemingly unavoidable damage, but it becomes an issue when options are too few.
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    Rap wrote: »
    I have that same feeling when i get hit by a degen attack and guess what! it is unlockable! No way to avoid this one cause "Ha! Perfect block doesn't work!" And your champ just withers...that is an obvious "grab" as you say. But here is something else I do not understand...months ago they came to us and said, "gee guys! We gotta dumb down Thor, and BW, and SW and blah blah blah because they are too over powered!" And they dumbed em down...but then comes the iceman, and AA and blade and I am like scratching my head and wondering why the guys we had already had to be dumbed down? so guys coming later could be better? We got the shaft on that deal! And what of "balance" And "No go to champs or teams!" Same as it ever was...same routine different go to champs.

well if they werent why would any one spend on the "New" god tier champs?
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    I agree @Ghriffin . It just.gets worse and worse. I
    It’s completely pay to win.

ekywnwvg57ob.png

I didn't spend anything and done it 100%..

There is some champs that are annoying more then others but you need to think it out..
    Take a look at the boss and it's nodes decide who you LEAST have a chance at beating them with then use that champ to fight your way to them..
    For example Gladiator Hulk I decided DV wouldn't have a chance (I could be wrong he may be awesome against him but it's what I decided) so I used DV on all fights leading to him..
    Gladiator Hulk sp1 is hard to avoid has to be timed perfect with the ground smash that follows but once used to it it can be done..

Unavoidable damage is annoying and painful but after having to take on Ice Phoenix in first uncollected difficulty other unavoidable damage doesn't seem so bad lol Agreed it can be frustrating but on the other hand it's meant to be a challenge..

Good luck with it..
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Electro = Crossbones, Black Widow, Wolverine, Rogue, Ghost Rider, Archangel, Gwenpool, Blade, Hyperion, X-23...

Magik = Magik, Vision, Crossbones (outside AW), Gwenpool, Blade, Dr. Voodoo, Black Widow, X-23...

Dormammu = Magik, Blade, Wolverine, Rogue, Ghost Rider, Hyperion, Crossbones (outside AW), Black Widow, X-23...

@DTMelodicMetal, Hi just curious, what's the reason you mentioned Crossbones "(outside AW)" .... is there anything significant about Crossbone being diff btw inside AW and outside AW? Thanks :)
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    His fury feeds M.D. like crazy
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★

Assuming you have one of several champs out of 114 that can handle it. For many people this is unavoidable damage.

How many champs can you use against Magik if you don't want to get limbo'd at 800 damage a tick? Blade, Gladiator Hulk, AA, Magik? Or do a waltz with MD and jump through hoops with the hopes that pacify works?

Or be lucky enough to have one of 3 champs in the game champs that can viably handle Mephisto?

And to the think many people event want Blade nerfed....

This community sickens me sometimes.
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 170
    @Ghriffin Non physical attackers take no damage against electro , try someone like storm to counter it
    Another thing that has gone too far is this setting it up so that instead of lowering the number of shards it takes to build a 5 star crystal, like many were calling for with the intro of 6 stars, they have instead fixed it so you have zero chance to dupe a champ unless you fork out 15k a crystal instead of ten to get the featured hero crystal with the champ you hope to dupe as one of the champs in it...such bs!
    To use showbusiness vernacular this game has "jumped the shark."