**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Possible solution to the piloting problem in AW

2»

Comments

• Romario26 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Romario26 wrote: »
    If u can’t beat them join them

If you can't beat them shoot them. All acct sharing should be a perm ban no second chance no.excuse

I too believe that shoplifters and mass murderers should get the same penalty cause like you i too cannot distinguish between the severity of a bad act so all actions that we deem bad should receive the most extreme punishment

All acct sharing is the same. Jesus Christ this community supports cheaters so much.

Was trying to imply there are other acts worse than account sharing 🤦‍♂️ Your words state that if someone uses mod to 100% the labyrinth then that’s the same as account sharing, how dense are you?
    Account sharing is against TOS but if I say it’s not as or shouldn’t be as punishable as someone using mods I’m not supporting it, you fail to understand that. You’re out here saying a student that cheats on a test and a student that shoots up a school should be punished in the same way. And I’m saying both should be punished in a different way, you understand me now?

Every act of breaking the rules is different, but it isn't obvious to me that modding the game to 100% LoL is obviously worse than AW piloting. LoL is not a directly competitive part of the game. It is part of the solo content of the game. It has huge rewards, so modding the game to gain those rewards is a serious exploit of the game. But piloting in AW isn't just about the rewards you can earn in that one war. If piloting undermines the belief that war is a reasonable competition for players who don't cheat, then piloting could be a far more serious problem for the game as a whole, warranting more severe punishment in some cases.

In my experience, when a large MMO would do a big ban wave, it often wasn't to curb the exploits that had the most severe effects. It was often to curb the exploits that were causing the most consternation in the player community. It was the exploits that caused players to believe that if lots of other people were doing it, they might as well also. Those are the exploits that can be far more serious than the ones that potentially benefit the cheating players more, but don't encourage as many players to follow suit.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Heartless wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with it, some people find everything to complain about , my brother and I live together sometimes he's having trouble and ill get 8 kills and a boss kill for him on his phone and his account so how would kaabam stop that, I've even got him a legend title using his phone and on his account since we live together and we're in the same alliance, I'm not signing in for him all he does is hand me his phone and I do it, I see no problem with it or if I'm fighting someone and they do the same I can care less its a game , not that serious.

You just admitted to cheating and violating Terms of Service, smh.

hmmm I didn't sign in on his account, or do I have his log in password he just hand me his phone and I play some matches. I guess I admitted to it omg life is over as we know it, its not that serious

Pretty sure kabam mods said, in the old forums, there’s no issue with family members under the same roof using accts.
  • Would LOVE to hear input on how they can put an end to this infection of piloters.

First of all, I think in the general case there's no way to detect and punish all forms of this. If I hand my phone to my brother and say here, play this for a while, this is an impossible thing to really detect with current technology. But we don't need to detect all of it to still be worth while. And many cases of piloting are, I believe, detectable.

I've thought about it a lot, and to be honest if I had a foolproof solution I'd offer it directly to Kabam and probably not even post it, so its methods couldn't be easily defeated. Mostly, I'm willing to discuss why certain ideas don't work, because if they don't work there's no harm in saying why they don't work. But I don't believe cheating is reasonable in a multiplayer game because it is not about the game, it is about the other players. And piloting is cheating, period. And if I ever think up a way to detect it and punish the offenders, I would have no problem with giving that information to the game operators.
  • MikeHock wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with it, some people find everything to complain about , my brother and I live together sometimes he's having trouble and ill get 8 kills and a boss kill for him on his phone and his account so how would kaabam stop that, I've even got him a legend title using his phone and on his account since we live together and we're in the same alliance, I'm not signing in for him all he does is hand me his phone and I do it, I see no problem with it or if I'm fighting someone and they do the same I can care less its a game , not that serious.

hmmm I didn't sign in on his account, or do I have his log in password he just hand me his phone and I play some matches. I guess I admitted to it omg life is over as we know it, its not that serious

Pretty sure kabam mods said, in the old forums, there’s no issue with family members under the same roof using accts.

My recollection was not that they said there's no issue, but rather that this is something they don't specifically look for. In the general case this is so much harder to prove, if they don't specifically look for it they are never going to find it.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

If you can't beat them shoot them. All acct sharing should be a perm ban no second chance no.excuse

I too believe that shoplifters and mass murderers should get the same penalty cause like you i too cannot distinguish between the severity of a bad act so all actions that we deem bad should receive the most extreme punishment

All acct sharing is the same. Jesus Christ this community supports cheaters so much.

Was trying to imply there are other acts worse than account sharing 🤦‍♂️ Your words state that if someone uses mod to 100% the labyrinth then that’s the same as account sharing, how dense are you?
    Account sharing is against TOS but if I say it’s not as or shouldn’t be as punishable as someone using mods I’m not supporting it, you fail to understand that. You’re out here saying a student that cheats on a test and a student that shoots up a school should be punished in the same way. And I’m saying both should be punished in a different way, you understand me now?

Every act of breaking the rules is different, but it isn't obvious to me that modding the game to 100% LoL is obviously worse than AW piloting. LoL is not a directly competitive part of the game. It is part of the solo content of the game. It has huge rewards, so modding the game to gain those rewards is a serious exploit of the game. But piloting in AW isn't just about the rewards you can earn in that one war. If piloting undermines the belief that war is a reasonable competition for players who don't cheat, then piloting could be a far more serious problem for the game as a whole, warranting more severe punishment in some cases.

In my experience, when a large MMO would do a big ban wave, it often wasn't to curb the exploits that had the most severe effects. It was often to curb the exploits that were causing the most consternation in the player community. It was the exploits that caused players to believe that if lots of other people were doing it, they might as well also. Those are the exploits that can be far more serious than the ones that potentially benefit the cheating players more, but don't encourage as many players to follow suit.

I understand what you’re saying, slightly disagree on your view that war piloting and nodding to 100% LoL are different. Labyrinth awards resources to make war (competitive part of the game) harder.. but that’s like a little too detailed.
    I would like to believe that actions within mcoc are the same as real life and would like to compare it to the prohibition era. Banned alcohol and people move towards worse ways to get a high. Personally I think this problem is because of the war system.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Simple, if the same IP address is logging to all accounts in an alliance that’s piloting. Ban them all.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I understand what you’re saying, slightly disagree on your view that war piloting and nodding to 100% LoL are different. Labyrinth awards resources to make war (competitive part of the game) harder.. but that’s like a little too detailed.
    I would like to believe that actions within mcoc are the same as real life and would like to compare it to the prohibition era. Banned alcohol and people move towards worse ways to get a high. Personally I think this problem is because of the war system.

The problem with Prohibition was not a case of banning alcohol drove people to worse substances. First of all people didn't move towards "worse" ways to get high. They moved towards illegal sources of alcohol. And the root of the problem was that Prohibition was a ban that was fundamentally not supported by the majority of the people. When the majority of the people don't agree with a ban, there's no social pressure to adhere to the ban separate from the law, and that causes the law to be very difficult to enforce.

In the case of piloting, I don't believe a majority of the playerbase supports it. I believe a majority of the playerbase supports the ban on it. So there's no equivalent Prohibition era "look the other way" globally across the game. It is isolated to only a small percentage of the game.

And I don't think we can blame the war seasons themselves. It is obvious that things like piloting are more common in war because the rewards are now higher and the pressure to perform better is higher. But that takes the blame away from the cheaters. Its not their fault they cheat, "the game made them do it." BS. The higher the rewards are, the higher the incentive to cheat. But that doesn't mean the solution is to not give good rewards. That penalizes the players who don't cheat as well as the cheaters. And if you believe the problem is with the high rewards of the war seasons, then that's tantamount to believing that when there's too much cheating the solution is to take away the incentive to cheat by taking away the rewards. People were cheating before AW seasons. Should we have reduced the rewards in all parts of the game where players cheat until cheating stopped?

People pilot in AQ. People hack the game to complete LoL. If the problem with AW piloting is war seasons, then isn't the problem with AQ and LoL that those activities also have too much rewards? Personally, I think this is a line of thought I can't condone. It leads to a place I refuse to go. The game should have competitive elements and it should have good rewards both in and outside of that competition. If those rewards become valuable enough to cheat for, then the response should be to target and punish the cheaters, leaving those rewards for the rest of the playerbase to acquire. If that means some cheaters escape and also benefit, that's the price I'm willing to pay for everyone else to have a more enjoyable game.
  • Simple, if the same IP address is logging to all accounts in an alliance that’s piloting. Ban them all.

I’d love that! But at the same time, I don’t see kabam doing it.

Ban? War rating reset? Season score reset? A damn slap on the wrist?

I’d be fine with all of them. But silence. Deathly silence in the face of rampant cheating, while I see pilots and pilot users every day show off how few times the died against honest alys. It’s messed up.
  • Simple, if the same IP address is logging to all accounts in an alliance that’s piloting. Ban them all.

So you'd let pilots escape if they use different IP addresses, but ban an entire alliance for having a meet and greet session at someone's house?

It would be trivial for an alliance leader to sign up for a dozen different public VPNs and use a different one for each alliance member they decided to pilot. IP address is entirely useless in this regard.
    Simple, if the same IP address is logging to all accounts in an alliance that’s piloting. Ban them all.

So you'd let pilots escape if they use different IP addresses, but ban an entire alliance for having a meet and greet session at someone's house?

It would be trivial for an alliance leader to sign up for a dozen different public VPNs and use a different one for each alliance member they decided to pilot. IP address is entirely useless in this regard.

The fact that you’re right...hurts pretty bad. If IP tracking wouldn’t work...there’s no way of really detecting them.
  • Come to think of it, I have a better idea. Everyone who thinks Kabam should track people by IP address, conduct this experiment. Switch your phone to cellular, turn off wifi. Now open a browser to: ipchicken.com. Note the IP address the site displays. That is the IP address that your traffic *looks like* it is coming from, when routed through the cellular network. It isn't your actual IP address, by the way, which you can check by looking in your phone's settings, but that's an RFC1918 lesson beyond the scope of discussion.

Now turn on airplane mode, disconnecting your phone from everything. Count to ten. Turn off airplane mode. Make sure wifi is still off. Now refresh IPchicken. Most of the time, you'll get a different IP, because this is dynamically allocated by the cell network when you connect. Disconnecting for long enough and then reconnecting generally gets you a new address, especially if you are in a busy cell area.

That's how easy it would be to defeat IP address tracking without even needing VPNs. VPNs would take more work to set up, but you wouldn't have to spend time verifying that you were disconnected long enough to get an new IP address allocation.

The fact that you’re right...hurts pretty bad. If IP tracking wouldn’t work...there’s no way of really detecting them.

There are potential ways. They just aren't simple.

The problem with Prohibition was not a case of banning alcohol drove people to worse substances. First of all people didn't move towards "worse" ways to get high. They moved towards illegal sources of alcohol. And the root of the problem was that Prohibition was a ban that was fundamentally not supported by the majority of the people. When the majority of the people don't agree with a ban, there's no social pressure to adhere to the ban separate from the law, and that causes the law to be very difficult to enforce.

In the case of piloting, I don't believe a majority of the playerbase supports it. I believe a majority of the playerbase supports the ban on it. So there's no equivalent Prohibition era "look the other way" globally across the game. It is isolated to only a small percentage of the game.

And I don't think we can blame the war seasons themselves. It is obvious that things like piloting are more common in war because the rewards are now higher and the pressure to perform better is higher. But that takes the blame away from the cheaters. Its not their fault they cheat, "the game made them do it." BS. The higher the rewards are, the higher the incentive to cheat. But that doesn't mean the solution is to not give good rewards. That penalizes the players who don't cheat as well as the cheaters. And if you believe the problem is with the high rewards of the war seasons, then that's tantamount to believing that when there's too much cheating the solution is to take away the incentive to cheat by taking away the rewards. People were cheating before AW seasons. Should we have reduced the rewards in all parts of the game where players cheat until cheating stopped?

People pilot in AQ. People hack the game to complete LoL. If the problem with AW piloting is war seasons, then isn't the problem with AQ and LoL that those activities also have too much rewards? Personally, I think this is a line of thought I can't condone. It leads to a place I refuse to go. The game should have competitive elements and it should have good rewards both in and outside of that competition. If those rewards become valuable enough to cheat for, then the response should be to target and punish the cheaters, leaving those rewards for the rest of the playerbase to acquire. If that means some cheaters escape and also benefit, that's the price I'm willing to pay for everyone else to have a more enjoyable game.

Firstly I guess I was wrong in my paper when I wrote after alcohol became more expensive due to it not being that easily accessible as before so people move to cheaper ways to get high thay I collected from research o was wrong lol
    Secondly I too believe that punishment should be given but not a permanent ban. That’s like saying someone should die because they got richer than you by collecting a few bribes, sounds like just plain hate towards someone else
    Thirdly, the rewards are not the problem. I did not say that. I said the war system was, I don’t know how you ended up to war rewards then to AQ and LoL reward 🤦‍♂️ You went way off topic and I can’t condone that like of thought 😂 that’s just me being petty lol, but seriously, I did not say rewards shouldn’t be good and the game shouldn’t be competitive 😂
    Ps, cheaters do make the game more competitive 😂 and before you jump on me again, I don’t condone cheaters 😂

Firstly I guess I was wrong in my paper when I wrote after alcohol became more expensive due to it not being that easily accessible as before so people move to cheaper ways to get high thay I collected from research o was wrong lol
    Secondly I too believe that punishment should be given but not a permanent ban. That’s like saying someone should die because they got richer than you by collecting a few bribes, sounds like just plain hate towards someone else
    Thirdly, the rewards are not the problem. I did not say that. I said the war system was, I don’t know how you ended up to war rewards then to AQ and LoL reward 🤦‍♂️ You went way off topic and I can’t condone that like of thought 😂 that’s just me being petty lol, but seriously, I did not say rewards shouldn’t be good and the game shouldn’t be competitive 😂
    Ps, cheaters do make the game more competitive 😂 and before you jump on me again, I don’t condone cheaters 😂

Cheaters do two things in any competitive game (this is from past experience from lots of MMOs):

- they make the game more competitive in the short run, while honest players genuinely believe that they can beat them
    - In the medium to long run tho, the game just stops being fun. So the former honest players either adopt the cheating or...move on. So the only remaining competition would be among the cheaters.

I’d really hate for that ti happen to mcoc.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited February 2018

That’s over simplification of the suggestion. Maybe even a strawman argument. If the same IP address is logged to all accounts at once that’s a meet and greet party. If the same IP address is logging to accounts successively that’s piloting.

Yes they can still by pass that but this should be in place not as the only safe guard, just one of them.

There is evidence that other forms of recreational drug use increased in popularity during the Prohibition era (that would seem to be economically inevitable), but that wasn't the main problem with Prohibition in the context of the discussion of banning activities like piloting. Frankly, few if anybody cared about that at the time. The logical analogy is that the ban on Prohibition proved ultimately to be ineffective. But if you want to leverage that academic analogy, then what alternate activity are you concerned banning piloting would drive players to replace it with that we should be concerned with?

Cheaters do two things in any competitive game (this is from past experience from lots of MMOs):

- they make the game more competitive in the short run, while honest players genuinely believe that they can beat them
    - In the medium to long run tho, the game just stops being fun. So the former honest players either adopt the cheating or...move on. So the only remaining competition would be among the cheaters.

I’d really hate for that ti happen to mcoc.

I’d hate for that to happen too, mcoc is a game and we want it to be fun and fair but kabam is a company, and all companies want to maximize profits. statistics for freemium games show that
    70% of profits come from about 10% of gamers. This is just speculation but if I were in the pockets of the NRA I would say more guns.. not saying that whales use pilots but kabam do ignore piloting 😂

There is evidence that other forms of recreational drug use increased in popularity during the Prohibition era (that would seem to be economically inevitable), but that wasn't the main problem with Prohibition in the context of the discussion of banning activities like piloting. Frankly, few if anybody cared about that at the time. The logical analogy is that the ban on Prohibition proved ultimately to be ineffective. But if you want to leverage that academic analogy, then what alternate activity are you concerned banning piloting would drive players to replace it with that we should be concerned with?

Diversity with deaths not counting was just based on diversity but I’m sure no one wanted someone to pilot their account then. Not saying diversity only is the way to go but it didn’t give people the urge to ask for help
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    what if we made everything legal so if everyone doing it no one will have an up on anyone? just a thought
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    It likely requires a multi-faceted approach. Many alliances only pilot AQ for energy sake and otherwise wouldn't. AW is unnecessary for time sake really. Some people apparently pilot in order to cheat because presumably they play much better than the account owner.

A few ideas...
    **How about change the timers from 60 min to 45 min. in AQ. Takes a little pressure off of piloting for time sake.
    **Allow only 3 registered devices per account, as someone mentioned above, with a 3 month waiting period to switch one of those devices (things break and new shiny things come out)
    **Allow an officer to move a player for energy only but not play the account.
  • Wayntos wrote: »
    what if we made everything legal so if everyone doing it no one will have an up on anyone? just a thought

Sorry mate but that’s dumber than my original idea. I wanna play my own game...I wanna have fun playing the game. Giving 29 account infos to 1...what’s the fkn point of playing the damn game at that point?!?
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★

Straight from their ToS, "You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time."

@Kabam Miike , this guy admits to violating terms of service.

Diversity with deaths not counting was just based on diversity but I’m sure no one wanted someone to pilot their account then. Not saying diversity only is the way to go but it didn’t give people the urge to ask for help

That doesn't answer my question, but in response to this I would point out that the reason why piloting was less prevalent in 15.0 was because participation altogether was less prevalent because that version of war was totally unpalatable for players seeking direct competition. You didn't need to pilot, because all you had to do was have your cat jump up and down on your iPad and all the defenders would drop dead. And you'd still lose because of rating differences.

The players most likely to pilot or be a party to piloting are going to be skewed towards the players and alliances that are the most competitive, and if you eliminate the competitive elements of the game you will reduce piloting. But that is literally no different than saying emergency maintenance reduces piloting. You've eliminated the need to pilot, by eliminating the competitive element that requires piloting.

The previous question still stands though. Since you emphasized it, what bad activity are you afraid players will be driven towards if we ban and aggressive pursue alliance war piloters?
  • Muzz wrote: »
    No, the root of the problem is the OP is assuming accounts are being piloted by the most skilled players to win the war. The OP is upset because he's getting out-skilled. I've been playing this game a long time too and I play at a high level. My alliance has worked super hard to improve the skill of everyone on our team so we can kick but in AW. We don't need to have anyone's account piloted. There's no real time crunch in AW, even when going for 100% exploration. There's plenty of time to get it done. There are pro level strategies that are used, but account sharing isn't at the top of the list. All the top players I know in AW are very skilled, use loyalty boosts and other boosts for every fight, and put the skilled players on the hardest paths. That's all the advantage they need and it's how the game is played. It's actually far more common to see accounts being piloted in AQ, especially on map 6 where the sequence is so important. That's not for the skill advantage of the pilot though, it's just to keep things moving along so one absent person doesn't lose rewards for 29.

6 hour timers on logging in is a terrible idea and I don't think it would solve any issues. It would only create an uproar. There are a lot of alliances out there that are great and competitive. @Molhamdinho , If you got kicked from an ally because you wouldn't share your log in info, then you don't want to be on a team like that anyway. What a bunch of Kanye's. Unless of course they were asking for the info because you were constantly unavailable when needed, which happens a lot. In either case, it's better to find a team that matches your level, frequency of play, and has people you get a long with well. In the end we spend a lot time together, so it's important to get along if you want to keep having fun. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a team that fits you better than that last one.

Cheers,

Muzz~

Im curious as to what alliance you’re in @Muzz that you think piloting in aq is more common then aw. What’s your ign?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    As for account sharing, with the way Map 6 is designed, and the fact that you can only store 5 energy, creates a problem that can only be solved in 2 ways: Alarms to wake you up every few hours so you can move, which is detrimental to your health; and giving your account into to someone who is awake while you are sleeping. Its problem create by Kabam, and now Kabam is punishing the players who choose to protect their health.

The solution that preserves your health and doesn't break the rules is to not play Map 6 if the entire alliance isn't composed of members who can run Map 6 without sacrificing their health.

This is no different than saying the way arena is designed I can't get into the top 150 without botting my account or sacrificing my health to play nonstop, so I should be allowed to choose to bot my account to protect my health. If you can't do it within the rules, that means you shouldn't do it, not that the rules need to be changed to allow you to do it.
  • Romario26Romario26 Posts: 97

That doesn't answer my question, but in response to this I would point out that the reason why piloting was less prevalent in 15.0 was because participation altogether was less prevalent because that version of war was totally unpalatable for players seeking direct competition. You didn't need to pilot, because all you had to do was have your cat jump up and down on your iPad and all the defenders would drop dead. And you'd still lose because of rating differences.

The players most likely to pilot or be a party to piloting are going to be skewed towards the players and alliances that are the most competitive, and if you eliminate the competitive elements of the game you will reduce piloting. But that is literally no different than saying emergency maintenance reduces piloting. You've eliminated the need to pilot, by eliminating the competitive element that requires piloting.

The previous question still stands though. Since you emphasized it, what bad activity are you afraid players will be driven towards if we ban and aggressive pursue alliance war piloters?

If I were on kabam’s payroll I would’ve tried to put more thought into a better system but that’s not my place 😂 you say you can have your cat jump up and down and still still lose but it would be fair and wouldn’t need piloting, no?
    And to answer your question that you arrived at because I don’t know how lol, my point was because of the war system they pilot accounts. I wasn’t talking about what you do after you ban them, I was saying you wouldn’t have had to even have a conversation of it if kabam had a better system, feel me? But that’s before the fact, and after the fact is now, kabam will see fit on how to punish players that pilot, everyone crying for bans on something as irrelevant as this are just pathetic. I guess I don’t have much of a problem with it cause well I don’t die that much. Probably even better than those that pilot accounts 😂
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    pcrorobvtj7h.png

Not everyone is spoiled and wealthy, some have bills to pay before they can buy an extra set of devices for a game.
    No need to start bragging.

As for account sharing, with the way Map 6 is designed, and the fact that you can only store 5 energy, creates a problem that can only be solved in 2 ways: Alarms to wake you up every few hours so you can move, which is detrimental to your health; and giving your account into to someone who is awake while you are sleeping. Its problem create by Kabam, and now Kabam is punishing the players who choose to protect their health.

AW Piloting is another thing entirely. AQ is more based on superactivity with basic skill, while AW is all skill with little superactivity required. Becuase of the high skill requirement for AW, only the player who personally owns the account should be able to play in AW.

A solution that keeps everyone happy is account linking. Players can link each other's accounts, and this link allows only AQ to be played.That way, AW is kept intact and is locked down to the owner only, but AQ Map 6 is more feasible for people who need sleep. Only one account could be linked to at one time, so pick your partner carefully. Even if this was behind a Unit-Wall, it would make both the players and the TOS enforcers happy.

@Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit Please consider my solution.

Just for those that may point fingers, I have not participated in account sharing out of respect of the TOS.

I don't see how Kabam is punishing players for protecting their health. Nobody is forced to run Map 6. Players have to go to extremes to complete Map 6 and gain maximum points and rewards, but that's at their discretion. It's like saying Rock-ola punished Nibbler players because it was possible to score a billion points, but you had to play for 30 to 50 hours straight in order to do it. People know what the rewards are and what the time requirements are for Map 6, and everyone has to make their own decision on whether the juice is worth the squeeze to them or not.