**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Announcing Event Quest: X-Men: Savage Future

2»

Comments

• Options
    hi guys i can't believe it i whanted you to do this for a long time thank you :)
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Are barbies entering the contest? That color hurt my eyes. What a horrible idea of design. The thing looks like a giant hatchimal. Sentinels are purple and red wine metallic not pink and barbie colors.

Actually that’s mot true @CapWW2 maybe in the movies, but many of us view Sentinels as they looked in the 90’s and this model is pretty much perfectly spot on.
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    NOTE: If you're a Summoner that reads the dialogue in these quests, you're gonna come across some interactions between Sentinel and other Champions that seems.... odd. It's a bug that we weren't able to fix in time. Just remember... it's a Robot, its speaker box could be anywhere, and we're all adults here.

I hope you’re okay with the fact that I’ll be bashing you guys for any text errors anyways. Strictly for that good banter, of course

I should also note that upon reading the initial post closely, I count at least two very noticeable text errors. One of those is even repeating a word twice in a row

Besides the subject-verb disagreement between "interactions" and "seems", and the obvious mispelling of "Mike", what are you referring to? I am surprised that they got the "its-it's" distinction down though...

It is for these reasons that people like us are here
    Also, just read the first 2 paragraphs. “From” is written twice in a row, and “at” is spelled “atm”
    That’s what I was talking about
  • Options
    Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    NOTE: If you're a Summoner that reads the dialogue in these quests, you're gonna come across some interactions between Sentinel and other Champions that seems.... odd. It's a bug that we weren't able to fix in time. Just remember... it's a Robot, its speaker box could be anywhere, and we're all adults here.

I hope you’re okay with the fact that I’ll be bashing you guys for any text errors anyways. Strictly for that good banter, of course

I should also note that upon reading the initial post closely, I count at least two very noticeable text errors. One of those is even repeating a word twice in a row

Besides the subject-verb disagreement between "interactions" and "seems", and the obvious mispelling of "Mike", what are you referring to? I am surprised that they got the "its-it's" distinction down though...

I think he’s referring to the whole post, not just the postscript note about the dialogue. I’m a copy editor with too much free time, so I went ahead and marked up the first paragraphs preceding the Q&A.

1) There should be a comma after “straightforward path,” as the conjunction isn’t connecting two related or dependent parts.

2) “Eachother” is not word, it’s two. Missing space.

3) No comma after “remains the same,” which is needed in “if...then” statements.

4) From is typed twice. This was mentioned already.

5) No comma after “take down,” which is needed for the same reason as in the first item.

6) There’s a typo in “back atm an.” Delete the “m.”

7) There’s a redundant use of “also” and “as well” in the same sentence. Delete “as well.”

8) No comma before “...which make him a tough beast.” Commas are needed before “which” but not “that.”

9) This one is back in the postscript - Summoners are clearly people and should be referred to as “who,” instead of “that.”

I didn’t copyedit the Q&A, but I am hereby offering my services to Kabam for the meager price of two Odins.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I think he’s referring to the whole post, not just the postscript note about the dialogue. I’m a copy editor with too much free time, so I went ahead and marked up the first paragraphs preceding the Q&A.

1) There should be a comma after “straightforward path,” as the conjunction isn’t connecting two related or dependent parts.

2) “Eachother” is not word, it’s two. Missing space.

3) No comma after “remains the same,” which is needed in “if...then” statements.

4) From is typed twice. This was mentioned already.

5) No comma after “take down,” which is needed for the same reason as in the first item.

6) There’s a typo in “back atm an.” Delete the “m.”

7) There’s a redundant use of “also” and “as well” in the same sentence. Delete “as well.”

8) No comma before “...which make him a tough beast.” Commas are needed before “which” but not “that.”

9) This one is back in the postscript - Summoners are clearly people and should be referred to as “who,” instead of “that.”

I didn’t copyedit the Q&A, but I am hereby offering my services to Kabam for the meager price of two Odins.

I think this is the most formal piece of grammar **** work I’ve seen.
  • Options
    JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    A polite grammar ****. I'm not even mad.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Are barbies entering the contest? That color hurt my eyes. What a horrible idea of design. The thing looks like a giant hatchimal. Sentinels are purple and red wine metallic not pink and barbie colors.

Actually that’s mot true @CapWW2 maybe in the movies, but many of us view Sentinels as they looked in the 90’s and this model is pretty much perfectly spot on.

I dont think so.2y7o2cqx6ulj.jpeg
    4etgsll02u4l.jpeg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    With all due respect please do research before speaking without base or knowledge. I actually read marvel and collect comics. I have watched virtually all marvel sagas and x-men is my favorite so I do know what I am talking about.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,692 Guardian
    With all due respect please do research before speaking without base or knowledge. I actually read marvel and collect comics. I have watched virtually all marvel sagas and x-men is my favorite so I do know what I am talking about.

For me, the Sentinel color scheme burned into my brain are the Omega Sentinels from X-Men 141 and 142 (Days of Future Past, of course). MCOC Sentinel appears to be an evolution of the Omega.

large-1_MarvelReviewFullPage.jpeg
  • Options
    Good game
  • Options
    The original color is not purple pink like. Someone had a brain fart after in edition 142.

This is their original color. 789gc6y1qql9.jpeg

That is their first appearance and original design.

The second one is this one:

ivlrmqccv0mu.jpeg

• Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Am i the only one who found the Sentinel harder than the Last Sabretooth?
  • Options
    The original color is not purple pink like. Someone had a brain fart after in edition 142.

This is their original color. 789gc6y1qql9.jpeg

That is their first appearance and original design.

• Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Alpha07

No, I completely agree. His node implies that it should be possible to bait something other than L3 occasionally, but I tried and tried with no luck.

Was anyone about to bait his L1 or L2 without using sparky?
  • Options
    What is the requirements for playing uncollected difficulty mode?
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    What is the requirements for playing uncollected difficulty mode?

Get uncollected
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Alpha07 wrote: »

Sabretooth was still harder in my opinion, but Sentinel is annoying because power burn doesn't work right against him. I used Magik and he still got to SP3.
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    just finished uncollected 100% about 8 hrs ago and Sentinel boss was way harder than Sabretooth. takes almost no damage ! 72 hits from R4 Magik (5*) took less than 1/2 health.
    Luckily someone in my ally recommended medusa . I took my R5 (4*) and that shattered armor made it easy in subsequent runs against the big tanks.
  • Options
    PDogg95PDogg95 Posts: 5
    Yeah ive heard that Cosmic champs are the way to go against Sentinel as it cancels alot of his abilities
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,692 Guardian

They didn't have a "brain fart" the Sentinels in Day of Future Past are the Omegas which have a different color scheme. And your own pictures show that the color scheme changed between different Sentinel versions and even honestly different artists.

The most common Mark II depiction was this:

SentinelMkIIUXM58p1.PNG

Similar but with some differences to the most common Mark III appearance:

SentinelsMkIII_UXM98p3f6.PNG

And later the Mark 6:

Sentinel_Mk_VI_%28Earth-616%29_from_Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_43_0001.jpg

For most of my prime comic book reading days, from the late seventies to the early nineties, Sentinel color palate shifted around, generally around a purple with adjacent colors either towards red or towards blue. There's nothing particularly weird about the appearance of Sentinel in the game. It is different than other iterations, but still recognizably within the general color variations of different kinds of Sentinels.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Alpha07 wrote: »

Sabretooth was still harder in my opinion, but Sentinel is annoying because power burn doesn't work right against him. I used Magik and he still got to SP3.

Vision SP2 works, however is a very long fight with him.
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    What are the bonus prizes that can be purchased for units at the completion of each difficulty? Is there anyone with this info?
  • Options
    JameelRabaniJameelRabani Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    @Kabam Miike I finished the time attack last night - finishing just before 5am GMT ( will my time still be qualified as it was still on the 14th March PST technically?)
  • Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    dial back the freaking animation on sabertooth specials, i dashed back as far as i can and i still got clipped by him killing me like wtf do you even freaking test the quest before even releasing or what
  • Options
    BerkemmBerkemm Posts: 5
    when the winners of the legendary title to the March adventure will be announced on the new month there is no list of those who deserve legend