**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are sentineloids a good idea for Alliance quest or should we stick with symbiods?

KotogaiiKotogaii Posts: 77
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Kabam has decided to make half of the alliance quest map sentineloids rather than symbiods, practically making poison and bleed champs useless. Is this something we want?

Are sentineloids a good idea for Alliance quest or should we stick with symbiods? 142 votes

Stick with symbiods
59%
Crine60MattyloJh_DezRagamugginGunnerIronDevilGolden_GuardianAlfa_PigeonAjavedstakSpity68TKalBK_AVENGERLosspikDraenathbuffajrTendersquadNick_Caine_32Dezz_1HQ101Asukira 85 votes
Change to Sentineloids
40%
MasterSmokeKpatrixVdh2008Whododo872danielmathShrimkinsedddddEvilEmpireBendyLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelDarkestDestroyerDrOctavius2_2Haji_SaabSwe_wolfisNinjAlan2StarKingmum_m2Deadbyrd9I_ZERO_I 57 votes

Comments

• Options
    Whatnot72056Whatnot72056 Posts: 87
    Stick with symbiods
    Symbis suck less than sentinels
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Sentinels are okay if unduped.
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Change to Sentineloids
    They won't have their special 3 active... my bad
  • Options
    Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Stick with symbiods
    I would prefer symboids but as Christian899 said, neither we have enough champs that neither are needed!
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Change to Sentineloids
    Y'all r just being whiney I like the challenge of having the double immune sentinels however they should also make the rewards better though but I don't mind the sentinels
  • Options
    BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Change to Sentineloids
    In map 6 symboids are boring already i dont know to kabam why all maps are change to sentineloids because we request only to change the map 6 to make it harder
  • Options
    Christian899Christian899 Posts: 88
    edited March 2018
    Stick with symbiods
    Sakic19 wrote: »
    I would prefer symboids but as Christian899 said, neither we have enough champs that neither are needed!

I just don’t understand the logic behind substituting sentinels for symboids against the idea of wanting to see increased diversity in the game on the part of the developer. In AW specifically, the mode was designed to make us fight a battlefield of diverse champs, but now with a whole bunch of sentinels, “AQ diversity” (if there is such a thing) becomes very minimalistic and less balanced...which should never be the case seeing as we have more than enough playable champs already in the game to cover every AQ node.
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Change to Sentineloids
    I’m tired of symboids but I wouldn’t root for Sentinels unless I have proper counter champions to them.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Main reasons sentinels are better:
    1. They all have the same special moves.

Once you've learned the dexterity timing for them then you should be good. No more fighting one mystic symbiod who pops off Dr. Strange and Scarlett which specials only to fight the next one and, WTF where did the Black bolt special 1 come from??? He's not even mystic and ugh holy **** cap. Marvels special 2? Are we sure this is a mystic symbiod?

2. Their abilities are always the same and never change.

You can figure out what each does and then fly right through them. Easy to look up online study and get used to.

3. They are huge.

Doesn't seem like a big deal but it is. Symbiods seem to move soo fast because when they dash forward they crouch low to the ground thereby decreasing their profile and causing the eye to loose track of them for a split second. However, sentinels when they dash forward raise their arms for a swing down attack which raises their profile and is easier for the eye to catch making it easier to intercept, part or block...

Downsides:

1. Poison and bleed immune.

No explanation needed there.

2. That skill is a ****.

The skill sentinels ability to shrug off debuffs almost instantaneously means you're basically fighting a debuff immune sentinel.

3. Time to adjust.

It's going to take time to get used to evading their specials which will be a must because after it gets 20 charges on their adaption mechanism their abilities activate through blocks which means incineration damage and when it hits 40 the specials are unblockable. Oh and I think they are going to have special 3 active. Fun fun.

Downside 4:
    Other changes include adaption forcing awkward combos LMLM or MLM to avoid letting them get armor boosts and becoming increasingly difficult to land crits on with Crit Resist all the way up to needing Jane(Duped)/Angela/Karnak to pierce or having Hype/Phoenix or Nebula/Medusa (possibly various Skill AAR as well) or having Duped StarkSpider and being an obscene Crit/Damage/Shock dealer all in one…
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Stick with symbiods

I would like to say that I agree with you on comparing Symboids vs Sentinels.
    But out of curiosity, will Sentineloids be exactly the same as Sentinels???

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT trying to ask a stupid question or trying to be funny.
    Just hope Kabam isn't going to create a diff variants of "Sentinels" and call them as "Sentineloids", and start granting them diff kind of powers mimicking various champs the way Symboids did.
  • Options
    1captainbob21captainbob2 Posts: 14
    Stick with symbiods
    Cash cow
  • Options
    Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    Change to Sentineloids
    As long as rewards match the change in difficulty, they can change them to collectoroids for all I care.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Why is there another poll on this. Good god. They made the change. Get over it.
  • Options
    As long as rewards match the change in difficulty, they can change them to collectoroids for all I care.

When ultron was the boss he had his drones. They were the same as the sentinals. The rewards were less then they are now. Why should they be better for something that already happened.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Stick with symbiods

Once you've learned the dexterity timing for them then you should be good. No more fighting one mystic symbiod who pops off Dr. Strange and Scarlett which specials only to fight the next one and, WTF where did the Black bolt special 1 come from??? He's not even mystic and ugh holy **** cap. Marvels special 2? Are we sure this is a mystic symbiod?

You can figure out what each does and then fly right through them. Easy to look up online study and get used to.

3. They are huge.

Doesn't seem like a big deal but it is. Symbiods seem to move soo fast because when they dash forward they crouch low to the ground thereby decreasing their profile and causing the eye to loose track of them for a split second. However, sentinels when they dash forward raise their arms for a swing down attack which raises their profile and is easier for the eye to catch making it easier to intercept, part or block...

Downsides:

2. That skill is a ****.

The skill sentinels ability to shrug off debuffs almost instantaneously means you're basically fighting a debuff immune sentinel.

3. Time to adjust.

It's going to take time to get used to evading their specials which will be a must because after it gets 20 charges on their adaption mechanism their abilities activate through blocks which means incineration damage and when it hits 40 the specials are unblockable. Oh and I think they are going to have special 3 active. Fun fun.

I believe we all know the special attacks of symboids
    Mutants just became useless against sentineloids because regardless of their class, they'd gain analysis charges faster if opponent is a mutant
    And the specials of symboids was far too easy to evade unlike the sentineloids
    All what you said probably applies only to you
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    I'm in the camp of getting rid of all creeps in MCoC. We have plenty of champs to fight. Want us to fight Sentinel? Then just have the playable one. There is no reason for filling half of AQ's nodes with creeps.
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

3. They are huge.

Downsides:

2. That skill is a ****.

3. Time to adjust.

Mutants just became useless against sentineloids because regardless of their class, they'd gain analysis charges faster if opponent is a mutant
    There are other champs than just mutants.
    Sentinel Specials are easy to evade.
    You are trying to find excuses to a non existent problem.
  • Options
    Stick with symbiods
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

3. They are huge.

Downsides:

2. That skill is a ****.

3. Time to adjust.

There are other champs than just mutants.
    Sentinel Specials are easy to evade.
    You are trying to find excuses to a non existent problem.

Considering the fact that I explored uncollected difficulty with 4* champs and had little to no problem with the sentinels
    Then being in aq is overkill where you'll find nodes that cause poison and bleed.
    And do I have champs that are poison immune and can cause armor break, I don't think so .
    And dude compare evading symboids specials to evading a sentinels sp2
    Which is more difficult?
    Also if in the situation the sentinel reaches max analysis charge, blocking is a no no cuz you'd get debuffs from doing so
    That is a lot of stress and did they increase the rewards? Um no
    Pfft
  • Options
    Stick with symbiods
    My aq champ at the moment is Wolverine, gr and sw/ultron
    Do you see anyone that armor breaks and is poison and bleed immune there, I doubt.
    One of my champs became useless the other two are good for just cosmic sentinels. Ultron doesn't hit hard
    And are they increasing the time from 3mins to 5mins? No
    Increasing rewards? No
    Issuing rdt for quick changes in setup ? No
    When does this new system come into work ? April
    Is there enough time to start changing teams in the event there's no rdt, and with work or school for some? No
  • Options
    General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I don’t think there’s really a need to have either. Maybe have Sentinel as a miniboss in one map but there are enough champs in the game now that we don’t need to be filling the map with these champs.

That doesn’t just apply to these two sets either. You could agree the same for the standard champs. Why do we need 4 Groots, 4 Hoods, 4 Agent Venoms etc? Why do both minibosses need to be the same champ? Why do some fights go Vision - Iron Man - Vision or Psylocke - Cyclops - Psylocke?

There are enough champs to make every fight unique but Kabam seem intent on just repeating the same core group repeatedly.
  • Options
    Kryptic81Kryptic81 Posts: 34
    Stick with symbiods
    Can't bleed them, can't poison them can't block sp2 due to incinerate. Skill sentinels are a pain more so then symbioids. Kabam is being a cash grab these days. They should reduce the prices for potions/revives if this continues. Plus i'd imagine mephisto being one of the mini bosses. This will suck if you don't have the right champs!
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    ^^^this. So much this.
  • Options
    Maldroit1Maldroit1 Posts: 40
    Change to Sentineloids
    I'm sick of fighting symbiods.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Stick with symbiods
    The logic of "sick of fighting symbiods" as a reason to change is honestly flawed. You will be bored 10x as fast of fighting sentineloids having the same sp1 and 2 on every path.

My biggest gripe is that they are all bleed and poison immune, and that is really gonna limit the characters to bring in. There go my GP and AA as useful champs in AQ. It's really going to be rough on the psn and bleed paths because it really limits who you can use.
  • Options
    MutantWharf8MutantWharf8 Posts: 32
    Change to Sentineloids
    Symbiods are boring