**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

LIVE 3* BOSS rush challenge, (Lagacy being challenged by BG)

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    @BitterSteel true man.

" they are just not in a position to complete that content at the Time."

exactly this is what i been trying to say the whole time. this guy doesn't get it.

"The problem is, most advice that these players need is just to grind the arenas, act 4 and 5, RoL and practice practice practice their skills to improve"

also this, i was very unskilled back in the day,, i really thought map 5 was REALLY hard, until i practiced and got better and grew my roster.

i already told him i know the stuggles of whatever current stage of the game you are in.
    We were all there before.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I wasn't quoting you originally. I was talking about the argument that people are just whining. You can't compare BG with people who are struggling. For that matter, what difference does it make to others personally if someone thinks it's too hard? Something that happens too often here. Someone has a hard time with something and everyone comes on to point out how easy it is. Only they're speaking from their own point of view and not for the person struggling. We don't need to make argument after argument shutting people down who think it's too much. It's just different points of view. Some think it's easy. Some think it's too hard. Some are in the middle. Some don't care. Who's to say who is right or wrong? Each side speaks for their own experience. The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need and take some kind of superior attitude.

That sounds awfully familiar when someone here posted they were constantly running out of gold and you were telling them they needed to do more arena LOL

“The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need” 🤣

Not even the same situation. Not at all. Not once did I say people can't speak for what they need. Just the opposite. I usually specify people are free to ask what they like. I said that it's available in the game, and the Arena is the main source, so it's not automatically a design flaw. I can see you're just trying to interject contradictions to start an argument, so I won't be biting.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    When the reference is made that it should stop all the "whiners", that's mocking. The comparison is not even pertinent. I have no issues with BG and Lagacy having fun and challenging each other. Making the statement that it should be easy for others if they have the skill is not relative to their concerns. Someone who has completed Legends Runs, runs on LOL, and access to the Units for the Mastery setup can do it with 3*s. That's not a testament to how doable it is for everyone else. Let's just TL:DR it. People are trying to invalidate the struggles other people are having.

No one said it should be easy and no one was mocking. Every time a challenge like this gets released there is an ton of complaining that it's just for the 1% , the people with the "right" 5* champs, or the people willing to spend through it. This just proves that just about anyone can do it if they have the skill.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    I wasn't quoting you originally. I was talking about the argument that people are just whining. You can't compare BG with people who are struggling. For that matter, what difference does it make to others personally if someone thinks it's too hard? Something that happens too often here. Someone has a hard time with something and everyone comes on to point out how easy it is. Only they're speaking from their own point of view and not for the person struggling. We don't need to make argument after argument shutting people down who think it's too much. It's just different points of view. Some think it's easy. Some think it's too hard. Some are in the middle. Some don't care. Who's to say who is right or wrong? Each side speaks for their own experience. The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need and take some kind of superior attitude.

I dont think anyone reasonable is saying that people have invalid opinions. Only that sometimes, the right thing to do is accept your flaws and go about finding ways to fix them, in ways that aren't limited to complaining

It's also not reasonable to assume anytime someone has a challenge they're just not skilled, brush it off as whining and entitlement, and immediately jump into a solution for their problem, just because they expressed their own opinion. Perhaps not you personally, but collectively, that's what happens here. People have valid concerns, and they have the right to be heard as well. I'm not saying I agree either way, easy or hard. What I'm speaking to is discrediting the comments people make based on someone else's experience. Maybe it is doable. Maybe it is too specific in its target. Who knows? People who are asking for harder content have the right to be heard, but so do those who are asking for something more doable for them. There's no real "for everyone" perspective when you're talking about different points of growth.

What do you think is the problem with content then? Or is it too varied to say? Or is your issue simply the way people respond? If so, how would people be able to reply in a manner that suits the person with the difficulty issue?

My point is the comparison is not a fair one to make. Someone who has advanced to End-Game and has the Resources and time to do it with 3*s for fun is not a fair testament to the fact that other people should be able to do it. If someone is having a hard time and thinks there should be more doable content for them, let them say it. Really shouldn't matter to the people that find it easy. What happens is it becomes minimizing the issues other people are having.

Then is giving constructive advice a way that's not offensive?

I dont think anyone reasonable is saying that people have invalid opinions. Only that sometimes, the right thing to do is accept your flaws and go about finding ways to fix them, in ways that aren't limited to complaining

It's also not reasonable to assume anytime someone has a challenge they're just not skilled, brush it off as whining and entitlement, and immediately jump into a solution for their problem, just because they expressed their own opinion. Perhaps not you personally, but collectively, that's what happens here. People have valid concerns, and they have the right to be heard as well. I'm not saying I agree either way, easy or hard. What I'm speaking to is discrediting the comments people make based on someone else's experience. Maybe it is doable. Maybe it is too specific in its target. Who knows? People who are asking for harder content have the right to be heard, but so do those who are asking for something more doable for them. There's no real "for everyone" perspective when you're talking about different points of growth.

What do you think is the problem with content then? Or is it too varied to say? Or is your issue simply the way people respond? If so, how would people be able to reply in a manner that suits the person with the difficulty issue?

My point is the comparison is not a fair one to make. Someone who has advanced to End-Game and has the Resources and time to do it with 3*s for fun is not a fair testament to the fact that other people should be able to do it. If someone is having a hard time and thinks there should be more doable content for them, let them say it. Really shouldn't matter to the people that find it easy. What happens is it becomes minimizing the issues other people are having.

Then is giving constructive advice a way that's not offensive?

Sure. Constructive advice doesn't have to come with saying people just aren't skilled, they're just whining, they want Rewards handed to them, someone can do it with 3*s so your argument isn't valid...etc.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Is this "discussion" just an argument between GW and everyone else now?
    Yeah I'm done. Cool for BG. I just wanted to make the point that it's not fair to compare it to people having a hard time with it.
  • KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    It's been said before by mods not a content is meant for all players.. can't do it it's on you. Kabam made it for better players

//the end
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Sorry GW but your argument is just way off on this one lol. If a mid-level player doesn’t want to spend 30 mins trying to complete this challenge that’s on them. Some resources(revives, potions, boosts) will probably need to be used. They should also take the time to watch the mainstream YouTube guides on how to beat this challenge. If that doesn’t sound “reasonable” to you then take it up with Kabam lol. Looking forward to your reply.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Weak sauce. Show me when they can do it with a single 1 star champ and no items used :triumph:
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    idk who this grounded wisdom guy is trying to represent

u representing the people who CANT beat the content?
    idc if someone says its to hard for them, if they beat it, then they earned the rewards thats all that matters

if you cant beat it, then it means your not ready yet, but you will get there if you put in the grind.
    your still a baby, that hasnt walked yet.

we as a community can give them all the tips,info,strategy to beat the content, its all on them and how much that person has progressed .

• Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Of course it can be done with 3*s (or even 2*s or 1*s given you have deep enough pockets) - no one doubted that.

However if you base your argument because one, two or a select minority can do the challenge with only 3*s, that doesn't mean everyone can do it with 3*s. You have to account for individual differences. Think of it this way, since Einstein had an IQ of 150+, does that mean everyone could and inherently should have an IQ of a similar range? No because Einstein was an exceptional scientist in the same way as the guy in the video has exceptional skills.

People have a right to complain, however, if they bring a knife to a gunfight and expect to win, well, they should expect to be disappointed. If you want the rewards but can't complete it, you just need to invest more time, effort and resources into the game. That's all.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    And the majority of it is whining if you just say you can’t beat it. The people who have beat it can’t help you if you just say iceman is too difficult. You could either not be bringing the right champs or just don’t have the skill. So most of us just say you aren’t good enough because that includes skill and strategy used when fighting champs.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The hardest part of this challenge was the planning. If someone just went in without planning who would fight who then I could see how they would struggle with the fights. I can admit that sometimes I forget what it’s like to be a newer player still progressing and struggling with challenges like these. But the people most in-touch with the low-mid level progressing playerbase are the Mcoc youtubers. They provide ton of useful information for those players especially during challenges like these. I’m sure Kabam knows this too which is why they’ve been working closely with youtubers as of lately. Anyway good work gents raid boss down.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Most people complain about time sensitive content, because they know it will be gone at some point and they feel they will have missed out on the rewards that they are "entitled" to.

It's a hallmark of many newer players that see more seasoned players are getting rewards they feel they deserve.
    The content exists and therefore I should get the rewards, regardless of all the hours others have spent accumulating a roster and honing their skills.

Putting skill aside, it is even more difficult to sympathise with those that try it on day 1 or 2 and complain that the content should be neutered so that they can get the rewards. A little preparation goes a long way, farming pots and researching counters for the match-ups.

I wasn't doing master mode event quests when I first started for the obvious reason that I didn't have the skills or roster to do it. I waited until I had acquired both, I missed out on many rewards in that time, for the simple fact that I didn't deserve them.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    3* challenges doesn't show the difficulty of the content.
    People can beat act 3 thanos with 2*s, w/o kill, but could they do it when they first attempted him with lower skill? No. They must have died quite a few times with 3*s or more.
    Just the experts are doing it doesn't mean the difficulty is reduced for lower players.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying lower the difficulty, but there's no meaning to show off & demotivate people who are struggling. Try to help them grow. No point of saying "see they are doing with 3*s, you can't do then u rubbish".
    Always remember experts didn't became that skilled overnight, they failed & had motivation to grow.
    Lagacy can even do uncollected with 3*s, how many utubers have u seen doing that? Have they all became rubbish bcz they couldn't do that?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Another nice and interesting "BOSS RUSH CHALLENGE" thread somehow got DERAILED into irrelevant back and forth arguments? I hope not ;) It is not like such derailment happens everyday in this forum, is it? :D
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I don’t think he’s saying the difficulty is reduced. I think it’s more about saying even if you don’t have 4* it’s still possible to do. People complain about not having the right champs and maybe they have the 3* of a good option and never thought about using them
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    This Is a really good thread..lol..
    If people are complaining they can't do it because it's to hard...well then they aren't skilled enough or don't have the roster....i.e. not ready. It's that simple. There's definitely an entitled attitude coming from some people.
    There were several events I couldn't finish when I was new and there's still content I haven't completed. It takes an incredible amount of time to build up skills and roster. People need to remember it's a marathon not a sprint.
    On the bright side they quit complaining about the lab being to difficult.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I don’t think he’s saying the difficulty is reduced. I think it’s more about saying even if you don’t have 4* it’s still possible to do. People complain about not having the right champs and maybe they have the 3* of a good option and never thought about using them

well skilled enough people might not need the right champ either for this quest.
    Watch mvinceables run, he did it with 2 spidermans & 1 yj. For the last fight he used ultron, don't count dv cz it died within seconds due to a mistake.

But u can see the early days videos of vince & u would find him fail too. It's a process.
  • We do this sort of stuff all the time in our line events room. If you want to get really good, learn your Champions' abilities and challenge yourself to overcome difficulties. Right now, we have an event running where competitors have to use certain 2*s to run thru the 4* modok lab without using any rerolls. A LOT of this one comes down to luck of the draw on opponents and buffs, but it's still fun to do and skill can carry you a long way.

I definitely don't understand the overall complaining about content tho. Either you can do it or you can't and if you can't, you should be trying to fix that issue. Granted, some accounts aren't there yet when it comes to experience, skill, or champs. But that's kind of the point of games.
    The point is that they are where they're at. Comparing someone who can do it with 3*s to someone who finds it difficult is not a fair comparison. Sure, someone at BG's level is capable of doing it with a 3* Roster with limited Items. However, people who have a hard time with it don't have his experience with End-Game content, or the game in general. You can't say it's easy because someone advanced in the game can do it with 3*s. It's not easy to some. All that statement does is add insult to injury.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The point isn't that it is easy. The point is that it doesn't require being a whale or having the right champs. Too often people that can't do it complain that it should be easier instead of being motivated to learn how to do it.
    Easy for some, not for others.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    The point is that they are where they're at. Comparing someone who can do it with 3*s to someone who finds it difficult is not a fair comparison. Sure, someone at BG's level is capable of doing it with a 3* Roster with limited Items. However, people who have a hard time with it don't have his experience with End-Game content, or the game in general. You can't say it's easy because someone advanced in the game can do it with 3*s. It's not easy to some. All that statement does is add insult to injury.

There have been many posts an videos with great advice an choosing which champs to bring etc. As much as you will not admit it this the whole challenge tests players skill, strategy an planning. So many people who find this a breeze struggled with
    the first challenges like coulson with me included, an they've said that. You are looking straight past those just to argue with many people here.

The bottom line is if you can't beat it go away practice an buff your roster an try next round. Stop trying to speak for people when no one has asked you to do that
    edited March 2018
    Didn't say I was speaking for myself. I found it to be a fair challenge. I said you can't say it's easy and compare it to people much further along. All I see is people who have no problem with it putting those who do down. It's not helpful suggestions when it's just people telling them they're not skilled and they're whining. Useless, actually. Call it complaining, call it whining, call it whatever you want. They can speak their peace. You can only be helpful if a) you respect where people are at, and b) they're open to feedback. So what if they think it's too hard. We don't need to jump on them for that.