**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What do YOU love most about The Contest?

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Something that I saw was really interesting was the updated Ultron fight-area with the smoke plume. The outline of your champ when you are in it is pretty cool. Props to the graphics team.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I like the champs animations, especially if they have a cool sp3
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Will next month eq be infinity war or deadpool
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Nice new discussion mods! For me...I'd have to say I absolutely love competing against one of my alliance mates. We started pretty much same time and we're always trying to one-up each other...it's fun. My Alliance is also great, and Wars can be pretty fun as well.
    I especially like the concepts you've come up with for newer characters...everyone's unique now in their own way. I wish you could update older characters to reflect this, but I'd understand if that's the least of your priorities at the moment.
    I also love the graphics...Absolutely beautiful game. No matter how much you hate the constant bugs, the gold shortages, etc. you can't deny the graphic design team has done such a great job, and for someone who can barely draw I applaud you!
    Plus it's the only interesting game I own...Love that skill is an important part of the game.
    I'd definitely love if the community could get a larger say in the future of the contest, and I'd be speechless if you could have a Design-Your-Own-Champion Contest for the game's next anniversary, where players create and then vote on character designs. That would be INCREDIBLE!
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Fun, challenging, and very playable as a free/casual spender player.

But let's be real here, you can find that in a lot of games. We're mostly all here because we dig Marvel things...be it the comics, cartoons, movies, or a combo of all 3. I can collect and take control of some of my favorite characters of all time in a playable combat game.

I, like many others, won't hesitate to call kabam out on some of their shady practices, but in reality they've developed a pretty sweet game. And not being a big gamer myself, I'm constantly in awe of how much attention to detail was used in its creation and continuing development. I'd love to see more stability and less bugs and glitches, but at the end of the day the game has been fun (and sometimes frustrating) for me for 2.5 years, I've met some cool people along the way and as long as it stays fun and challenging, then hopefully we'll all be playing for another 2.5+ years.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I enjoy the monthly character expansion the best. Normally 2x a week. With decades of comic book characters to choose from, that means hundreds, possibly thousands of characters.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    The new characters, the rush of opening crystals, and the community. Also fighting can be fun sometimes
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    There are alot of things I enjoy, actually. I love the Graphics and Design. I love the collection aspect. I love the creativity when introducing new Champs. I love the constant evolution of the game. I love the fact that it's 2 and a half years later, and there's still something to work on. Contrary to popular opinion, I appreciate the fact that we can communicate ideas and thoughts to the creators. Not all games have that. I also appreciate the longevity and uniqueness for a game of its format. I could go on. I'm a fan. ;)
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    I love the story line. That's probably the main thing that keeps me playing!
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    I love gold realms. We need gold realms. A lot of us who already spend hours a day with full time lives don't have the EXTRA hours a day to grind arena for gold.

We love gold realm.
  • Batman_26_2019Batman_26_2019 Posts: 70
    So, I've been playing this for about 2 and half years. I keep playing because I enjoy the quest content, the gameplay, and some of the new characters that are released. I find the fight system fun and interactive (when it doesn't lag/bug). I enjoy the stories in the event quests, and I take the time on my first run through of each one to read the dialogue and get enveloped in the story.
    There are probably many other things that I can't think of right now, but you guys (Kabam) have done something great and something right, and overall, fun.
    Thanks for a great game to play.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    The people, the characters, and the stories are my favorite. It’s like a live comic book that you can play through. The whole idea of the battle realm is dope too. Also my mild gambling addiction and the dopamine rush when beating something.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I like the gameplay, it’s not easy to make a mobile game that requires actual skill and knowledge of the mechanics. The different modes and versatility of solo and alliance modes. The finely tuned different challenges are actually tailored well across the levels most of the time. The steady rewards for strategy, skill and optional purchase to build powerful teams and progress. Of course having Marvel characters with decent graphics and creative abilities help a lot too.

Obviously if there were not many positives we would not be playing.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Something that I saw was really interesting was the updated Ultron fight-area with the smoke plume. The outline of your champ when you are in it is pretty cool. Props to the graphics team.

Also the 'distortion' in various arenas
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    best game play (compared to other games , not to mcoc in the past)
    best skill base game in this kind
    monthly events
    best free to play mode
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I like the format of the game with different modes of gameplay,, the ability to control champs from my childhood and I like punching things.

I like that I don't take it seriously enough to care where the sentinels are, why a character is vastly inferior to their MCU version, or whether I have enough gold.

It's not a bad game if you play it as such.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Shard grinding. Love grinding the events for shards
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    What's attracting me are the champions. I like the big and strong ones: Hulk, Rhino, Juggernaut,...

I do not like the power and complexicity creep. It kills more older champions and breaks the game. Nerfs are never popular but often necessary for the greater good.

It also pains me to see champions not meeting up to their potential. I think of Iron Man, Colossus, Abomination, Hulkbuster, Rhino, Juggernaut,... The game would be so much better if all champions have their use, rather than keep on adding new ones.

Talking about new champions: it is about time the Fantastic Four, Dr Doom, the Silver Surfer, Quicksilver and Apocalyps are added to the game.
  • saiteja1107saiteja1107 Posts: 30
    I love being challenged..so more challenging quests,Areas,wars,AQ will be more fu
    I've always loved the sheer amount of stuff you can do in the game with out spending a dime. I'm a Marvel fan, love the characters and love the designs/animations in the game. Glad you made this thread for positivity :-)
    I'll be even happier when Professor X gets added to the game wink wink!

The suggestion has come up many times. I'm curious how the mechanics of that would play out.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    They have modok. Just scale it down in size and cueball's got a fancy floating chair.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    They have modok. Just scale it down in size and cueball's got a fancy floating chair.

Actually, my mind went there. Could be interesting. If they had Mind Control Abilities that caused them to inflict Damage on themsves, that could be intriguing.