**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are Synergies Ever gonna work on AW Defense... Ever?

2»

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    There is no reason to reveal synergies;
    Knowledgeable players know the potential synergies their opponent may have.
    Smart players do not underestimate their foe.
    Strategical players will notify their team that player X is running a certain synergy.
    It’s important to reward players for more than just their skill and roster.

Ok, let's say I'm knowledgeable, smart and strategic and I remember every unique synergy ever released and I don't underestimate my foe (not sure how that's going to help). Now tell me how I'm supposed to know that the science champ on the bleed node is going to be an antman with thorns? Even if I know that, how am I supposed to counter that antman? The only champ that stops glancing is AA and he isn't bleed immune

There are many ways to tell who you might be fighting. Look at the character profile of you were are facing. Does he have an AntMan on his profile? Are you about to fight a science champion? Is that science champion good on the node you are about to fight? Has anyone else already fought an Antman?

There are many things you can do to have a better idea of your match up.

So it all boils down to whether or not the champ is visible in the profile? Tell me how many times that has helped you find out a defender in war
  • 71vgjd073n8k.png

@Kabam Miike the only reason I ranked these people (except for sparky) is because this is my defense team. When can I expect my resources back. I and many others would never have ranked garbage champs if we knew that synergy didn’t work on defense
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I do find it a bit concerning that Kabam spends all this time developing unique synergies with the new champs, but then doesn't spend the time to test out the mechanics behind it in one of the biggest elements of the game.

This isn't some obscure Loki/Hela synergy in LOL thing that only effects <1% of the player base, we're talking about war. Literally half of the events you do as an alliance are wars.

Has it been a problem in the past where the defenders place a crit team? Attackers were never warned that a defender had a perfect block or crit synergy. Which begs the question: were the synergies ever active or were we mislead for last several months? Or does this only apply to unique synergies?

It basically boils down to 2 options:
    1) Warn the attackers what synergies are active. This would eliminate the "surprise" of things like a Rag Hulk going unblockable, but in the process also reveal other hidden defenders. This could be achieved by simply adding another buff circle under the health bar and/or by a line of text at the beginning of the fight, but would need to be shown for ALL synergies, not just the unique ones.

2) Disable synergies on defense. This could be either a global thing where none of the synergies are active, or it could apply to only the unique synergies. For the record, option 2 is a horrible idea simply because it is unfair to the players who rank up and place champs based on their synergies.
  • DocMcShottieDocMcShottie Posts: 45
    The short answer is yes. But this is not going to be a quick or easy fix. Aside from having to fix the issue that we're having with synergies not working, there is a bigger issue at hand that needs to be addressed as well. With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active. Now, we're not saying that this is a bad thing, but we want to give players the chance to be prepared for these kinds of things. We're currently exploring ways that we can do this.

So, yes, we are working on fixing this, but unfortunately, there is more to this issue than just what it seems like on the surface.

Easy fix idea: announce the synergies at the beginning of the fight, similar to seeing "Inhuman Royal Family" at the start of the fight when BB, Karnak, and Medusa are teamed up. It'll be on the summoner to pay attention to know what's coming with out giving away the opponent's exact defenders
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    The short answer is yes. But this is not going to be a quick or easy fix. Aside from having to fix the issue that we're having with synergies not working, there is a bigger issue at hand that needs to be addressed as well. With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active. Now, we're not saying that this is a bad thing, but we want to give players the chance to be prepared for these kinds of things. We're currently exploring ways that we can do this.

So, yes, we are working on fixing this, but unfortunately, there is more to this issue than just what it seems like on the surface.

@Kabam Miike It would be helpful if you posted these updates on the thread in bugs and known issues about AW synergies not working and is under investigation by your team. Thanks. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/42532/synergies-in-aw-not-working-under-investigation/p1