**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there any way to do away with the star system?

Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
Having 5+ different versions of the same champ (2*, 3*, 4*, 5*, etc...) doesn't make much sense to me.

Would it be possible to somehow be create a system where you can rank them up to a higher level? So you get one champion that you keep forever and continue upgrading?

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Having 5+ different versions of the same champ (2*, 3*, 4*, 5*, etc...) doesn't make much sense to me.

Would it be possible to somehow be create a system where you can rank them up to a higher level? So you get one champion that you keep forever and continue upgrading?

Is it possible? Yes. Is it going to happen? No. Do the players even want such a system? I suspect not. The problem with such a system is it means fewer champions overall. It means you can't have a 4* and a 5* Magik, for example. For every player that would vote to have such a system I'd bet you could find ten that would vote against.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I’d be against it

Unless every character I have would turn to max lvl rank etc

Because it’d require a total rework of the game

Instead of ranking materials we’d be farming whatever we need to grow em, would just be worse then now
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Yeah, I don’t really get the whole 6 versions of the same champ either.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    You can go play marvel strikeforce if that's what you want
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I would still appreciate say, having a 4* + 5* + 6* Blade, Hyperman, Hulk Ragnarok, DV, GR, Starky, Magik, etc. If they are willing to put SW, Wolvy, etc into 5*/6* crystal I'll take them any day too. We can definitely put some of them into good use, when some other champs are stucked somewhere, like AQ, AWA, AWD, Quest, etc. In fact, if they allow 2 separate Quest teams, say one for Story, one for daily/monthly/special quest, that's even better.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea, but the amount of changes that needs to happen, the potential amount of things that will be broken, and the amount of proper compensation to existing players they need to consider, is simply mind-boggling.

If say v12.0 saga is like having a World War 1, this AQ change uproar is like having an American Civil War, then changing the 4*/5*/6* system may potentially be a Inter-Galatic War -- in terms of the damage and chaos caused.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

The short answer is no. Not without undermining the whole design.