**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold Crystal Results 200 crystals

BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
Since there aren't odds posted(there should be) for what you get in the gold crystals here are some test results.

Units: 2,000 (nearly 2/3 of an Odin about 65$ US)
Avg Gold per 100 crystals: 320,000 (32.5$)
Avg Gold per 1 crystal: 3200

Cost per 3200 gold = 10 units

This is roughly what you can expect.

Comments

• SwissStealSwissSteal Posts: 5
    I have open several Gold Crystals in the last few month and sent on them only to get 2.4K per crystal. Major bug.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    They aren’t worth it not even at 5 units a crystal. 720k won’t even rank 5* rank 4.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Caveat Emptor
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Our hero, you've saved us from destruction lmao
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    3200 per crystal is pretty similar to what found in a MUCH smaller sample size. Spun 10 and got around 35k gold. I’ve never hit the jackpot on a gold crystal. Top reward(50k?) must be around 0.1% chance. The 100% chance to get gold still infuriates me every time I see it!
  • WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    Kabam is just beyond words
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    So $65 for 320,000 in gold? LOL
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    edited April 2018
    I haven’t seen them respond to any posts the last few days. It’s sad.
  • So the way they see it to fix the gold issue is to sell gold crystals like they’re doing us a service...
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    I popped 2 and got 12,400.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★

740k but yeah I guess I should have totaled it.

I still really believe all this is 5x too expensive and it's wearing on the player base. Frustration is definitely increasing as time passes and gold amounts don't increase.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Gold shortages should be addressed....But not with this gold crystal offer. We've been complaining non stop about gold and this is how they "help" us. Complete slap in the face to us all. Just Pathetic!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lol. Learn to manage your gold better then.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Lol. Learn to manage your gold better then.
    For realsies.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’d give kabam 320,000 gold for $65 anyday.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Currently sitting on 8.9 mil in gold with about 75 gold crystal. I don’t know what to tell everybody about gold except STOP RANKING **** CHAMPS.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Vossler77

LOL, with that paltry amount of gold you have you can only take about five 5* champs to r3.

You will need those r3s for the arenas which are now matching r3 6* champs
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @Vossler77

LOL, with that paltry amount of gold you have you can only take about five 5* champs to r3.

Shhhh let the ignorant talk before they run out of gold. I say this being apart of that ignorant bunch at one point.
    @Vossler77

Is that bad math or hyperbole? It’s 750k to r3 with class iso. He has the gold to r3 12 champs which would also take time to acquire he reaources for during which he would acquire more gold.

Gold “shortages” certainly are not looking valid when these kinds of verifiably false statements are made.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited April 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @Vossler77

Is that bad math or hyperbole? It’s 750k to r3 with class iso. He has the gold to r3 12 champs which would also take time to acquire he reaources for during which he would acquire more gold.

Gold “shortages” certainly are not looking valid when these kinds of verifiably false statements are made.

I only keep 4* and 5*( even if i would like to be able to sell them ) so the gold as never been a problem. Im uncollected with a roster of 34 champs and a rating of 90k.
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    @Vossler77

I only keep 4* and 5*( even if i would like to be able to sell them ) so the gold as never been a problem. Im uncollected with a roster of 34 champs and a rating of 90k.

That explains it, he’s sold all his champs.
    @Vossler77

And you do not need to live in arena to have alot of gold.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Garbage as expected.

Well, clearly I think about this completely differently from the majority, but I don't just expect the cash to gold conversion to be bad, I *want* the cash to gold conversion to be bad.

The majority line of thought seems to be: there's a gold shortage, Kabam knows there's a gold shortage, Kabam is selling gold crystals to address the gold shortage, the gold is too expensive, ergo Kabam is trying to cheat the players out of a lot of cash.

This is how I see it. *Some* players are experiencing a gold shortage. Some of those players might have far more cash than time to address it. Offer them a little bit of gold for a lot of cash. This generates a lot of revenue without terribly unbalancing the game, because the players who can't afford these crystals aren't falling as far behind as they would be if you got a lot of gold for that cash. Instead, the people willing to spend a lot of cash get slightly better off, which is almost always what you want to limit big spenders to be able to do. Once you tax their impatience, you later roll out small changes to the game that ease the gold crunch for everyone slowly, which means the players who spend a lot of cash only get a small improvement, and only temporarily.

That's sort of how an F2P game ought to be monetized. "Milk the whales" is often used as a derogatory epithet but that's what I want the game to do. Get the people who can afford to spend a lot to subsidize the game by using offers that are affordable to them but don't offer a huge amount of value so they don't spend themselves too far ahead of everyone else. Then after enough time has passed so that purchased advantage has some time value, offer cheaper or free options for everyone else.

If the gold crystals contained enough value that moderate spenders could buy their way out of gold crunches, that would mean that the really big spenders could buy their way to unlimited gold while the free to play players would get completely left behind.

It makes sense to me, but apparently only me.
    @Vossler77

When the “solution” is sell all your champions or spend all your time in arena. It’s not a solution.
    Why does it matter if you sell off your low level champs if you never intend to use them in arenas? In fact why do people care about leveling champions they have no intention of using, this gold problem(dont want to arena) looks more flimsy the more arguments people put forth attempting to prove it.

More and more its looking like a case of wanting to have your cake and to eat it too.
    @Vossler77

When the “solution” is sell all your champions or spend all your time in arena. It’s not a solution.
    Why does it matter if you sell off your low level champs if you never intend to use them in arenas? In fact why do people care about leveling champions they have no intention of using, this gold problem(dont want to arena) looks more flimsy the more arguments people put forth attempting to prove it.

More and more its looking like a case of wanting to have your cake and to eat it too.

I don’t use my low level champions. I have the majority of my 2 and 3* at sig 99 to get more shards when I get max sig crystals. I’ve had 2 4* awakening gems from those crystals so far, and many more shards than I would get for selling them and then ranking them to rank 1 level 10 and selling again. It’s much more lucrative to get max sig crystals in the long run.

I do not rank up a single champion past rank 1 if I do not intend to use them in aq, Aw or quests. All champions I currently have past rank 1 that I have ranked up in the last year are either; in my current team for questing, aq, Aw or they used to be in my team for one of those, or I ranked for prestige. I have let t4c expire so as not to waste gold.

I do arena, I do all the milestones for the basic and featured 4* arenas every single round. I don’t know where you got the idea that I don’t do arena. Perhaps you’re mistaken.

I don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on my cake or have to grind arena for 10 hours a day for it either.
    @Vossler77

I don’t use my low level champions. I have the majority of my 2 and 3* at sig 99 to get more shards when I get max sig crystals. I’ve had 2 4* awakening gems from those crystals so far, and many more shards than I would get for selling them and then ranking them to rank 1 level 10 and selling again. It’s much more lucrative to get max sig crystals in the long run.

I do not rank up a single champion past rank 1 if I do not intend to use them in aq, Aw or quests. All champions I currently have past rank 1 that I have ranked up in the last year are either; in my current team for questing, aq, Aw or they used to be in my team for one of those, or I ranked for prestige. I have let t4c expire so as not to waste gold.

I do arena, I do all the milestones for the basic and featured 4* arenas every single round. I don’t know where you got the idea that I don’t do arena. Perhaps you’re mistaken.

I don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on my cake or have to grind arena for 10 hours a day for it either.
    So you're doing okay with gold then? Why are you begruding someones methods who is successfully earning gold without excessive arena?