**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aw synergies update and further discussion.

Comments

• McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    Again, If you don't like hidden champs, invest in the utility tree...
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    khehmist wrote: »
    Why not just unhide the champs and let people work out the synergies?

Hiding the champs adds nothing to the AW. Having to fight the synergies will be a more interesting and skill-based challenge than the luck of guessing at mystery champs.

Hiding the champs adds a lot to AW... With attack bonus being the deciding factor a lot, being able to hide r4/r5 5* is HUGE

You can't really hide a r5 5*. And most people can't hide r4 5*s either.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    khehmist wrote: »
    Why not just unhide the champs and let people work out the synergies?

Hiding the champs adds nothing to the AW. Having to fight the synergies will be a more interesting and skill-based challenge than the luck of guessing at mystery champs.

Hiding the champs adds a lot to AW... With attack bonus being the deciding factor a lot, being able to hide r4/r5 5* is HUGE

You can't really hide a r5 5*. And most people can't hide r4 5*s either.

All you see is 5* (most likely duped). Sure, you can go into profile and see most likely, but they don't know for sure. but my argument stands, even at lower tiers for r5 4*.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Id be in favor of unique synergies if the scout masteries would reveal them, or even negate them at the highest rank. Would add another level of planning to it at least, with a way to counter some of the unique synergies being grossly overpowered on defense with boosted nodes.

Or make them not affected by node boosts, which I don’t see them being able to do.

Or just make old school standard synergies work and not unique ones.
    rwhack wrote: »
    Anyone that wants the synergies active isn’t paying attention to how impossible AW will be insome cases.

example please?
    Hardest Combo would be Inhuman Royal Family + Hela & Angelika

Coolest Idea ever would be to disable Unique Synergies with the Utility Tree.

Like:
    1 Point, Show exact TypeX Champ 1 field away
    2 Points, Show exact TypeX Champ and unique Synergies 2 fields away
    3 Points, Show exact TypeX Champ and disable unique Synergies in Thema 3 Fields away
    Honestly, imo, some synergies were made to take advantage of on defense. This means Kabam meant for synergies to work at one point, even unique ones. If the synergy is too strong, it should be modified, nerfed, not synergies overall removed.
    edited April 2018
    Last Update we got is 2 weeks old, can we have a status Update? @Kabam Miike
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Honestly why does it matter. How is it any different from the rest of the way you present your game? There's not exactly an explanation about arena brackets anywhere. Something that greatly benefits a new player. No instruction manual as to what exactly an intercept is by your definition among other abilities such as a well timed block. Where's the definition as to what a linked boost is???

So how is an incoming synergy where we don't anticipate it any different? Not complaining here but players will eventually adapt and get better/ learn and post YouTube videos as to how to do everything in this game.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I still don’t understand why anyone is asking kabam when synergies will work for defense in aw. Why are you asking kabam to make some of these insane synergies (like ant man with doc ock) active so that we can just take unavoidable damage and spend potions? It’s dumb and it takes away from the skill of aw. Isn’t dormamu stupid degen damage when u trigger dexterity enough for you?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I can’t wait until they actually fix this and everyone cries about having to use all their items because they’re suddenly dying in war. Then it will be a “money grab”
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    I can't wait to have them to take advantage of rankups made only for diversity and synergy. We were forced into this mode and told synergies worked. They were wrong about them and now we are stuck with more worthless defenders and wasted resources because of this.

If they work, great, gives guys who planned for them the advantage they worked for and will help them wn wars. If you don't have the teams that are beast mode through synergy then grind out like the ones who do. Maybe all wars won't be 100% and decided by 50 points or less anymore.

It needs to be implemented even more than the failed sentinel experiment at the very least. They went forward with that but they can't do synergies they created because they are aftaid of the outcome ? Double standard much ?
    It just is beyond comprehension how they can implement one change players don't want but refuse to implement something else we actually worked to achieve. Do it now between seasons and see the effect at least, you had no problem changing aq mid season so why not aw in between seasons ? There is no excuse, the precedent has already been set. End of story.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    I still don’t understand why anyone is asking kabam when synergies will work for defense in aw. Why are you asking kabam to make some of these insane synergies (like ant man with doc ock) active so that we can just take unavoidable damage and spend potions? It’s dumb and it takes away from the skill of aw. Isn’t dormamu stupid degen damage when u trigger dexterity enough for you?

Because this is what people ranked up certain champs for.
    I don't usually advocate for rank down tickets but when synegies have been removed from defense almost certainly by the developers choosing, we deserve them for ranking broken defenders.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Or they can make it work properly, and you might have to think a bit more when you see the opposing champ. A few of the defensive synergies will be annoying, but they also tend to require sub-optimal champs, so overall defensive strength needs to be taken into account. AM is not that threatening on most nodes, and his 'Thorns' is only on glanced hits. Doc Ock ain't the toughest defender either.
    Just going by what miike said, it's hard to believe that there was a bug that prevented synergies from working. Look at his response on how there is a much bigger issue at play. I'm really skeptical that turning off synergies wasn't done on purpose and was ntentionally hidden snce there was such a long delay acknowledging it and only after irrefutable proof was posted backing them into a corner.

The trust with this company just isn't where it should be considering the money they are fed.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I would not doubt it, given the issues they have with what should be minor parts of the game. They really should WANT synergies active, as tougher defenses are a spending trigger, and it allows for stronger desire for certain champs, which can be conducive to selling crystals or prompting spending in arenas.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    You aren't playing the same team, so no one is going to learn how to counter your specific set up.

Someone created a matchmaking calculator that uses an algorithm to determine which alliance you get matched with in AW. There are claims that some tier 1 alliances used this calculator to find out who they would face during AW Seasons 1, and if they thought they were outmatched they would reach out to that alliance to arrange for both of their alliances to place weak defenders to maximize their point totals. I haven't tried using the calculator, but a link to access it is listed below. It would be great if things that exploit AW like this could be prevented from being used.

https://theclassadvantage.com/2018/02/01/war-opponent-calculator/
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    You aren't playing the same team, so no one is going to learn how to counter your specific set up.

Someone created a matchmaking calculator that uses an algorithm to determine which alliance you get matched with in AW. There are claims that some tier 1 alliances used this calculator to find out who they would face during AW Seasons 1, and if they thought they were outmatched they would reach out to that alliance to arrange for both of their alliances to place weak defenders to maximize their point totals. I haven't tried using the calculator, but a link to access it is listed below. It would be great if things that exploit AW like this could be prevented from being used.

https://theclassadvantage.com/2018/02/01/war-opponent-calculator/

They did do this, and they do this still. This is how 2* wars are arranged.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Does it matter if its a bug or was turned off? The issue is the lack of QC for this game.

Unless Kabam can clear up yhe timeline it looks like, new champs with unique Synergies were released while AW synergies were not working AND before the bug was brought to their attention.

Do they ever bother testing new champs to see how they work in AW defense? With synergies? On all no nodes and map difficulty?
    edited April 2018
    Riegel wrote: »

Does that explain how alliances whose members used all their T2AC to rank up champions for prestige instead of AW defenders finished as high as they did in AW Seasons? My alliance is on the border of tier 3/4, we don’t have experience with how things work in tier 1, social media forums like reddit sometimes post things on such topics though.

Sometimes I miss playing consoles, the extent of shady manipulation that goes into this game is mind-boggling. Hopefully this thread or my post don’t get removed without warning because both don’t violate forum rules. A response about “super skilled players” would be preferable despite such things being one of a few pre-determined responses that have been approved for forum posting.

Does that explain how alliances whose members used all their T2AC resources to rank up champions for prestige instead of AW defenders finished as high as they did in AW Seasons? My alliance is on the border of tier 3/4, we don’t have experience with how things work in tier 1, social media forums like reddit sometimes post things on such topics though.

Sometimes I miss playing consoles, the extent of shady manipulation that goes into this game is mind-boggling. Hopefully this thread or my post don’t get removed without warning because both don’t violate forum rules. A response about “super skilled players” would be preferable despite such things being one of a few pre-determined responses that have been approved for forum posting.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Does that explain how alliances whose members used all their T2AC resources to rank up champions for prestige instead of AW defenders finished as high as they did in AW Seasons? My alliance is on the border of tier 3/4, we don’t have experience with how things work in tier 1, social media forums like reddit sometimes post things on such topics though.

No that's due to piloting. This game differs from games like World of Warcraft where you need 10-20 people present at one time to do a raid. In this game each player can move one fight at a time. Due to this it is easy for one person to play all 30 accounts. This is called piloting, just another word for account sharing.

An alliance will either have someone who is very skilled play all 30 accounts to minimize deaths to achieve the highest AW season rank possible. Other alliances that have achieved a high rank may not have any good players at all, so they hire an "outside pilot". This pilot will play all 30 accounts of an alliance in trade for money.

There are also other trades that happened during the season. A pilot may trade his services for the ability to use anothers alliance to target a specific enemy alliances of that pilot. For instance if the pilot is in the rank 5 alliance for the season the pilot could avoid rank 1-4 alliances with his alliance, and target them with another 3rd party alliance. He could beat them with the 3rd party alliance lowing the higher rank alliances rank, and do it at no risk to his own alliance. The trade here is the piloting service for free 2* wars when they face the pilots alliance. If that alliance happens to bump into an alliance you want to target you pilot them free of charge.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Run477 wrote: »

antman + doc ock synergy tickles. i've tried it :smile: heck, salve maybe even enough to counter it :smiley: