**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Serious Gold Problem Kabam..

Comments

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Here we go again, no matter how many times or how many people explain what the issue is, the many suggestions on how to solve the issue, the same group of trolls pop up to derail the topic. It’s getting old now.

One of them got shamed so bad for being exposed as a hypocrite that they haven’t posted anything since.

As I stated before, last year was the time to start grinding for gold, but NO ONE saw gold as being an issue then. Not one word from Kabam about future needs for the game, it will take most players with expanding 5* and 6* rosters the better part of a year to grind for enough gold to be gold secure. (At 3-5hrs per day)

Telling players to not rank up champs when they need to complete Act 5 and get ready for Act 6 is a non starter. It’s better to leave the game until the gold problem is solved then to log in everyday and still be gold poor. THIS WILL LEAD TO MORE PILOTING in AQ and AW.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.

Well you are, in essence, saying it. I fulllfil all your “criteria” to have gold.
    I take my time with ranking, I don’t rank to the point of going broke, I wait until I have the right champion to rank and rank them, I grind as much as I’m available to do (which is generally 1.5m in basic, 4m in featured 4*), I don’t rank every character and I have a lot more than 3 5*.

But when I rank the 1 5* I rank every so often, I still run out of gold. You don’t understand, because you are not in the position that so many players are in! You cannot empathise and wonder what it would be like if you had passed the stage in the game where you are.

This right here is exactly what a large group of players are doing. The strategic planning players are running out of gold.

We are asking an addictional or differerent revenue for gold. One that does not revolve around grinding arena for BCs and some gold, and hoping to get gold out of BCs.

Why is a fellow player against us asking for additional ways to work to our goals.

Gimme your hand so I can sign this to you...WE ARENT ASKING FOR FREE, JUST ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS

I'm not against anyone asking for anything. Spamming the Forum over and over is not really helping, but they have people to take care of that. I'm pointing out the fact that it's avaibale in the game, and the argument doesn't stand when people can't or won't put time in to earn it. You need to put time in to earn Resources. It's not a problem overall because many people have Gold.
    What are the suggestions for more ways to earn it? Gold Realm? That's a shortcut, and it's half the reason the expectations are out of whack. People stockpiled mass amounts of Gold and went through it Ranking. How would you suggest they introduce more ways? What is enough? At what point does it become pertinent to look at habits? I don't care what people ask for. I'm pointing out the fact that there's more to it than a broken system. If the system was broken, no one would have Gold. That's not the case. It seems to be the same demographic asking, an abundance of Cats from AQ, an increased number of Champs from the added availability, and a lack of patience to Rank them.

Different people are offering their opinions. It’s not spamming if everyone is weighing in with their experience. If one person had said “hmm I don’t like this 12.0 update” but then everyone else said “oh, someone else has posted I’d better not spam the subject” nothing would have happened. Sure it would be better to keep the feedback to one thread but no change comes from one person saying they dislike something.

You still aren’t addressing the fact that there are those that do everything you say they should do to have lots of gold, but still don’t. You are, rather conveniently, deciding not to comment on it because you are for some reason opposed to more gold. It would not affect you one ounce if gold increased. You may say “oh but then more people can get ahead of me in the game” but realistically that would not make a difference.

Gold realm is an option, a weekly one that replaces the free for all which doesnt do jack for anyone. It’s not a short cut, you spend energy for it which could be spent elsewhere and from this months higher energy costs + rifts we all know how valuable energy is. An arena that has milestones for gold would be the best answer. An arena specifically for gold, not one that needs hours and hours and hours to grind it. I don’t know specifically what amounts, but perhaps one that runs weekly alongside the crystal shard arenas. Milestones up to a few million points that gives a total of a half a mill maybe. 3 million points in 1 day is the same as going 9 mil for a 4* champ. That’s a lot of work, I’d say that’s worth half a mil gold.

The demographic asking for gold is those without and who have a problem, the demographic for those telling us there is no problem is those who have it in Abundance. Wait a second, this reminds me of the t4c wall when those without complained and those with weren’t allowed to tell them there was no issue. You were one of those people Gw. I guess it’s ok for you then.

We are 2018. I don't think we need to keep bringing up 12.0. Not same situation at all. When we're taking about spamming, one Thread after another is no more effective than commenting on the ones Threads get redirected to.
    The T4CC topic is a totally different discussion, and in both cases I never said there is no problem. People want to ask for Gold outside of Arena, that's fine. People want to ask for Cats outside of AQ, that's also fine. The difference with that situation is no one was saying they don't want to run AQ. They were running AQ and not getting Cats. Apparently they agreed there was an imbalance because more availability was added. When someone plays for 1-2 years constantly and can't form 3, that's a substantial imbalance. Gold is much more available in the game, from a number of ways.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.

Well you are, in essence, saying it. I fulllfil all your “criteria” to have gold.
    I take my time with ranking, I don’t rank to the point of going broke, I wait until I have the right champion to rank and rank them, I grind as much as I’m available to do (which is generally 1.5m in basic, 4m in featured 4*), I don’t rank every character and I have a lot more than 3 5*.

But when I rank the 1 5* I rank every so often, I still run out of gold. You don’t understand, because you are not in the position that so many players are in! You cannot empathise and wonder what it would be like if you had passed the stage in the game where you are.

This right here is exactly what a large group of players are doing. The strategic planning players are running out of gold.

We are asking an addictional or differerent revenue for gold. One that does not revolve around grinding arena for BCs and some gold, and hoping to get gold out of BCs.

Why is a fellow player against us asking for additional ways to work to our goals.

Gimme your hand so I can sign this to you...WE ARENT ASKING FOR FREE, JUST ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS

I'm not against anyone asking for anything. Spamming the Forum over and over is not really helping, but they have people to take care of that. I'm pointing out the fact that it's avaibale in the game, and the argument doesn't stand when people can't or won't put time in to earn it. You need to put time in to earn Resources. It's not a problem overall because many people have Gold.
    What are the suggestions for more ways to earn it? Gold Realm? That's a shortcut, and it's half the reason the expectations are out of whack. People stockpiled mass amounts of Gold and went through it Ranking. How would you suggest they introduce more ways? What is enough? At what point does it become pertinent to look at habits? I don't care what people ask for. I'm pointing out the fact that there's more to it than a broken system. If the system was broken, no one would have Gold. That's not the case. It seems to be the same demographic asking, an abundance of Cats from AQ, an increased number of Champs from the added availability, and a lack of patience to Rank them.

Different people are offering their opinions. It’s not spamming if everyone is weighing in with their experience. If one person had said “hmm I don’t like this 12.0 update” but then everyone else said “oh, someone else has posted I’d better not spam the subject” nothing would have happened. Sure it would be better to keep the feedback to one thread but no change comes from one person saying they dislike something.

You still aren’t addressing the fact that there are those that do everything you say they should do to have lots of gold, but still don’t. You are, rather conveniently, deciding not to comment on it because you are for some reason opposed to more gold. It would not affect you one ounce if gold increased. You may say “oh but then more people can get ahead of me in the game” but realistically that would not make a difference.

Gold realm is an option, a weekly one that replaces the free for all which doesnt do jack for anyone. It’s not a short cut, you spend energy for it which could be spent elsewhere and from this months higher energy costs + rifts we all know how valuable energy is. An arena that has milestones for gold would be the best answer. An arena specifically for gold, not one that needs hours and hours and hours to grind it. I don’t know specifically what amounts, but perhaps one that runs weekly alongside the crystal shard arenas. Milestones up to a few million points that gives a total of a half a mill maybe. 3 million points in 1 day is the same as going 9 mil for a 4* champ. That’s a lot of work, I’d say that’s worth half a mil gold.

The demographic asking for gold is those without and who have a problem, the demographic for those telling us there is no problem is those who have it in Abundance. Wait a second, this reminds me of the t4c wall when those without complained and those with weren’t allowed to tell them there was no issue. You were one of those people Gw. I guess it’s ok for you then.

We are 2018. I don't think we need to keep bringing up 12.0. Not same situation at all. When we're taking about spamming, one Thread after another is no more effective than commenting on the ones Threads get redirected to.
    The T4CC topic is a totally different discussion, and in both cases I never said there is no problem. People want to ask for Gold outside of Arena, that's fine. People want to ask for Cats outside of AQ, that's also fine. The difference with that situation is no one was saying they don't want to run AQ. They were running AQ and not getting Cats. Apparently they agreed there was an imbalance because more availability was added. When someone plays for 1-2 years constantly and can't form 3, that's a substantial imbalance. Gold is much more available in the game, from a number of ways.

That sounds a bit bias saying right now there is a substantial T4CC imbalance, but not a gold imbalance lol. I’m just going to say that, T4CC is readily available in the game from multiple sources. If players don’t have enough T4CC to progress anymore, it sounds like they are just trying to level-up their champions faster than Kabam intended.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

That sounds a bit bias saying right now there is a substantial T4CC imbalance, but not a gold imbalance lol. I’m just going to say that, T4CC is readily available in the game from multiple sources. If players don’t have enough T4CC to progress anymore, it sounds like they are just trying to level-up their champions faster than Kabam intended.

That view is completely obtuse. Gold has always been available throughout the game. There's only ever been one major source for Cats until recently.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Christ, it was an example of people asking for change. It’s perfectly alright to bring up 12.0 if it’s pertinent to the subject at hand: change.

You know you’ve hit a low, when you’re saying that people shouldn’t post the feedback they have. I remember you saying that it wasn’t fair to tell people there was no problem.

I am doing everything I can to get more gold. You suggest it, I’m doing it. I run arena a lot, I am selling spare iso, I’m saving rank ups for those who need it, I do quests, I do AQ and Aw, I quest all I can to get the 70 gold per tile I pass through there’s barely a moment my energy is 70. It’s getting to the point that if I have energy, and I’ve 100% the event quests, I will go to the catalyst daily event and complete it just to sell the catalysts I don’t need.

Go on, suggest something for me to do to get more gold. If it’s grind more arena, save it, I am doing as much as I can. If it’s spend money, save it I’m not giving anything to this company. There is no longer a realistic avenue for me to get more gold
  • Options

That view is completely obtuse. Gold has always been available throughout the game. There's only ever been one major source for Cats until recently.

T4CC have come a long way and become readily available through many sources. There used to be an issue with T4CC, but Kabam has since resolved and balanced them quite well. I’ll just say again, if a player does not have enough T4CC to level-up they just need to grind the game more or push further lol. The T4CC imbalance might come from players who are trying to level-up champs faster than intended in their demographic. Anyway this discussion is about gold.
  • Options
    That entirely depends on how much you're spending. If you're running one Arena, that won't do. Gold won't disappear if you're not spending it. I can't really tell anyone what to do. I can make suggestions based on what I do, but I don't know your spending habits. Are you making donations? How much do you Rank? Is it one Rank at a time, or from R1 to R3/4 in one shot?
    I do multiple Arenas. I don't play for hours on end unless I'm going for a Champ, but I do 3 or 4. I do as many Milestones in each as I have time for. It can vary. I keep a balance of at least 2 Mil and I Grind above that. I use whatever above I make for Ranking and donations. I still Rank 3s and 4s as well as 5s, but I don't usually Rank a 5 more than one Rank at a time before I replenish the Gold. It's just about pacing. If that helps you, fine. If not, there's not much I can say to tell people what to do. It works for me.
  • Options

That’s the point. The ways to get gold is not increasing, but the cost to rank champions is! Hypothetically let’s say in a year 9* champs are released. They now need 1 million gold to rank up one level. Is it ok to say “gold has always been available, you can do arena or sell iso to rank them up”?

No, because ignoring the obvious exaggeration it’s similar to what’s happening now. 5* and 6* cost more to rank and level than 4* but the ways of getting gold is the same.
  • Options

T4CC have come a long way and become readily available through many sources. There used to be an issue with T4CC, but Kabam has since resolved and balanced them quite well. I’ll just say again, if a player does not have enough T4CC to level-up they just need to grind the game more or push further lol. The T4CC imbalance might come from players who are trying to level-up champs faster than intended in their demographic. Anyway this discussion is about gold.

It's not the same situation at all, and the topic is being interjected out of context to imply a contradiction. T4CCs have come a long way, yes. You're comparing a situation that involved having only ONE source for Cats (Prestige Race), that kept the means to Rank among one demographic, to a Resource that is in Quests, Arena, War, AQ, Events, Crystals, all over. Not the same at all. They've come far with it because people voiced their concern amidst those who would have rather kept the Cats in the "Cool Kids Club". We will have to let this one go because you're right, it's not what the subject is about. It's not even the same situation.
  • Options
    That entirely depends on how much you're spending. If you're running one Arena, that won't do. Gold won't disappear if you're not spending it. I can't really tell anyone what to do. I can make suggestions based on what I do, but I don't know your spending habits. Are you making donations? How much do you Rank? Is it one Rank at a time, or from R1 to R3/4 in one shot?
    I do multiple Arenas. I don't play for hours on end unless I'm going for a Champ, but I do 3 or 4. I do as many Milestones in each as I have time for. It can vary. I keep a balance of at least 2 Mil and I Grind above that. I use whatever above I make for Ranking and donations. I still Rank 3s and 4s as well as 5s, but I don't usually Rank a 5 more than one Rank at a time before I replenish the Gold. It's just about pacing. If that helps you, fine. If not, there's not much I can say to tell people what to do. It works for me.

Finally you get it. “It works for you”. The implication being, it won’t work for everyone. You accept that some people are behind you in the game, and some are ahead. Same with me, I’m not the best in the game clearly. If I don’t have as many 5* or 6* as someone I get that I won’t need as much gold as them. So I accept there should be more avenues to get gold. A gold arena is perfect in my opinion. People can choose to do it if they need to.

Your 2 mil gold is not a lot for an endgame player, that would rank 5 one 5* champion and level him up. Then you’ve got just enough to press rank up on a rank 2 5*. When the cost to level champs increases, but the ways to get gold doesn’t... there’s something wrong.
  • Options

Finally you get it. “It works for you”. The implication being, it won’t work for everyone. You accept that some people are behind you in the game, and some are ahead. Same with me, I’m not the best in the game clearly. If I don’t have as many 5* or 6* as someone I get that I won’t need as much gold as them. So I accept there should be more avenues to get gold. A gold arena is perfect in my opinion. People can choose to do it if they need to.

Your 2 mil gold is not a lot for an endgame player, that would rank 5 one 5* champion and level him up. Then you’ve got just enough to press rank up on a rank 2 5*. When the cost to level champs increases, but the ways to get gold doesn’t... there’s something wrong.

That's my prudent reserve. I don't go below 2 Mil. If I do, it's not by much. I keep it because I don't want to get in a situation where I don't have Gold.
  • Options

That’s the point. The ways to get gold is not increasing, but the cost to rank champions is! Hypothetically let’s say in a year 9* champs are released. They now need 1 million gold to rank up one level. Is it ok to say “gold has always been available, you can do arena or sell iso to rank them up”?

No, because ignoring the obvious exaggeration it’s similar to what’s happening now. 5* and 6* cost more to rank and level than 4* but the ways of getting gold is the same.

@GroundedWisdom if your “prudent reserve” is 2 million just wait until you have a 5* to rank 5 or a 6* to rank up. That’ll set you back and you’ll realise that you’re in the same situation as anyone else complaining about gold except instead of hitting 0, you don’t want to go below 2m. You don’t realise it so aren’t accepting there is a problem.
  • Options

It's not the same situation at all, and the topic is being interjected out of context to imply a contradiction. T4CCs have come a long way, yes. You're comparing a situation that involved having only ONE source for Cats (Prestige Race), that kept the means to Rank among one demographic, to a Resource that is in Quests, Arena, War, AQ, Events, Crystals, all over. Not the same at all. They've come far with it because people voiced their concern amidst those who would have rather kept the Cats in the "Cool Kids Club". We will have to let this one go because you're right, it's not what the subject is about. It's not even the same situation.

I don’t know what this Club you’re referring to is, but if players were able to voice concerns for Kabam to make changes to T4CC, then players should be able to voice their concerns to changes about gold, admidst those who want to keep all the gold to themselves in the “Gold Kids Club”.
  • Options
    @Hulksmasshh

I think “keep the gold to themselves” is the wrong phrasing, everyone can get the same gold. But I agree with your point. It’s more like that the people in the “gold kids club” can and have the means to drop money on FGMC or in general, grind arena to hell 10+ hours a day, or they don’t have the same needs as the others who have more 5* and 6* with them. I’m not sure which camp GW is in. But he is in this club. He doesn’t want others to have the luxury of having enough gold.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I have 24 million gold, 5 r4s and leveled my 6*s.

I still say the rate of gold acquisition is too low for today’s game.
  • Options
    @Hulksmasshh

I think “keep the gold to themselves” is the wrong phrasing, everyone can get the same gold. But I agree with your point. It’s more like that the people in the “gold kids club” can and have the means to drop money on FGMC or in general, grind arena to hell 10+ hours a day, or they don’t have the same needs as the others who have more 5* and 6* with them. I’m not sure which camp GW is in. But he is in this club. He doesn’t want others to have the luxury of having enough gold.

Yup I agree, I was just using that phrasing to make a point. In fact I don't think there are any clubs really, but rather different demographics of players in the game. There are those with high-demand of gold with low gold, high-demand with a lot of gold, and low-demand of gold. I don't want to say the low-demand of gold people have a high amount of gold because they may relatively not compared to what the high-demand of gold people need. There are more and more people growing into a higher demand of gold without easily getting that supply of gold.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

People now more than ever are flooded with materials they can sell for gold. You can also run more arena milestones than ever and can even run arenas for free which wasn't available in the past. You fight higher level champions in quests which awards more gold than the past. You have more champions than you did in the past which means more gold and iso from duping them.
    Provings Grounds Expert awards 7 times more gold than Hard does, 144,000 over 30 days and that’s just completion/exploration and does not include the gold awarded for the fights and nodes.

The ways to get gold have increased, the cost to rank has actually stayed the same and has not increased as you put forth, however there is now an option to rank higher but that option is limited by huge time spans due to material distribution. If you want to obtain those levels of power you need to put forth the effort to acquire all necessary resources.

Yes in your hyperbolic hypothetical it is perfecrly reasonable for higher rarity champions and more powerful champions to cost more in both time and materials to rank/level. It is also reasonable to require players to spend more time or wait longer to obtain those power levels.

TL;DR you have to ignore many areas of the game or not play it to get yourself in a gold shortage postion, in which case you havent earned those rank ups. Socialism is for figs.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    a weekly modok where you can ran 1map and you choose; ISO, or Gold, or Shards, or Revives/pots.

I do welcome the idea of having MODOK's lab which is consuming NO energy, and allow us to pick what reward we want, say "Pick 1 out of the 4 = Option#1: N ISOs, Option#2: N Golds, Option#3: N Shards, Option#4: N revives/potions." Definitely better than randomly give us something we might have overflown.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    There are more and more people growing into a higher demand of gold without easily getting that supply of gold.
    Why should it be easy to obtain that level of gold? Typically as you progress though an rpg it costs more effort at higher levels, not less.
  • Options

@GroundedWisdom if your “prudent reserve” is 2 million just wait until you have a 5* to rank 5 or a 6* to rank up. That’ll set you back and you’ll realise that you’re in the same situation as anyone else complaining about gold except instead of hitting 0, you don’t want to go below 2m. You don’t realise it so aren’t accepting there is a problem.

I keep a prudent reserve above what I Rank. The purpose of a prudent reserve is to keep a minimum balance to stay afloat. When I take a 5* to R5, I'll save the Gold I need above my prudent reserve.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @MoiraD

If you go back to the other threads about gold you’ll see that multiple people have gone back and forth with this subject.

1. If you hit the milestones in all of the arenas (except new 5* feat) you will accumulate 1.5M battle chips after 1 month. Those will convert to 3M in gold, it cost 3.2M to rank 2 5* to r4.

2. It takes top players with stacked rosters about about 2hrs to hit the milestones in an each arena. For players w/o stacked rosters 3-5hrs

3. It would take months of not ranking champs up to get some player gold secure

We’ve gone over all of this multiple times, yet the same people continue to deny there is a problem, with the same tired arguments.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    That's my prudent reserve. I don't go below 2 Mil. If I do, it's not by much. I keep it because I don't want to get in a situation where I don't have Gold.

What happens if you need more?

Your strategy to sit on money as a permanent solution to being poor does not make any sense. Eventually you will run out of money and starve.
  • Options
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

What happens if you need more?

Your strategy to sit on money as a permanent solution to being poor does not make any sense. Eventually you will run out of money and starve.

No you don't. You're in control of what you spend. It's quite simple, actually. Live within your means. I choose to have a prudent reserve incase I need Gold for AQ or running the Arena, general purposes. Anything above that, I use for Ranking. If I need 100k for Ranking, I make it first. If I need 2 Mil, same deal. All it takes is some patience and effort to wait before going all out. No one is forcing anyone to spend all their Gold at once.
  • Options
    For that matter, a prudent reserve should accommodate your own need so stay afloat. That might be 2 Mil or more depending.
  • Options
    LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited April 2018
    I cant believe most of these noobs who are saying they dont run out of gold the reason is you dont have chmpions like a 5*at r4 or 6* im highly ftp skilled player and when i got my 2nd 6* storm i finally ran out of gold to 150k from a mill. Now let me give you whoever reads it the current story of mine. I have finnaly claimed the last t4CC for blade to go rank5 as a 5* and i also happen to have 3 4* dupped skill champions worth of iso but neither can i rank him or have the stuff to level him up. As i need nearly 1.5 mill to do both. The gold problem sucks and so does kabam for me.
  • Options
    If you expect to spend it right away without saving more to spend, then it's a problem, yes. No one says you have to Rank right away.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    There are more and more people growing into a higher demand of gold without easily getting that supply of gold.
    Why should it be easy to obtain that level of gold? Typically as you progress though an rpg it costs more effort at higher levels, not less.

Because they are naturally growing into that level with Kabam increasing the sources of 5*, 6* shards and catalysts. From a design perspective, it doesn’t make for a happy player experience to hit that gold brick wall. Many players aren’t trying to progress faster than intended, they could be playing at the same activity level as always and be gaining more shards/catalysts than before.
This discussion has been closed.